• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
yoshi forever

wtf guys, who from washu is going to the vice presidential debate? Can students get in? Someone take me. Sob.

Teh Future

Smash Master
LOL why would anyone want to hear sarah palin talk. Unless it's for the lulz.

Anyways MMM bettah host imo, I'll show up around 7 if he is.Also I can bring a setup if there is a need.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Yefim Bronfman doing Rachmaninoff's 3rd at the Symphony tonight, biotches. It's gonna be ill.

Edit: it was

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Lol Future is so fun to play in smash brothers when you piss him off, hahah <3 David.

Also, the leetest Zero Suit Samus and Ness combos EVAR were had tonight. Saved on mah Wii!

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
I think Jesi said we were welcome to stay, that was a long time ago though.... Either way if we can't or end up not wanting to we'll just go to a hotel or something. She says there's cheap hotels in the area.

BTW Kyle the answer was probably a combination of B, D, I (a lack of sleep), and of course H.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
**** if we're gona be stayin in a hotel i doubt i'd be able to go, all i got is enough to enter atm, i still gotta come up wit food and gas, ****, its hard enuff tryin to get enough money to go mostly because no one in a walking distance (a mile or two) from my house wants a 14 yr old to work for em, they're like "oh i can find someone smarter" or "sorry only 16+", runnin outta time, faack!

MuBa

Smash Lord
**** if we're gona be stayin in a hotel i doubt i'd be able to go, all i got is enough to enter atm, i still gotta come up wit food and gas, ****, its hard enuff tryin to get enough money to go mostly because no one in a walking distance (a mile or two) from my house wants a 14 yr old to work for em, they're like "oh i can find someone smarter" or "sorry only 16+", runnin outta time, faack!
Don't you get money from your relatives during Eid though...? It's gonna be in Oct 1st or 2nd.

Teh Future

Smash Master
I don't know when event 52 is, but if you guys are practicing melee I'll definitely come over and play with you. I had more fun than I expected playing melee last night even though we only played it for a little bit.

I have no idea what my problem in brawl is. It seems like whenever I'm ahead, which is I think majority of my matches, I'll somehow get killed at 50% or the other guy will live to like 200%. I don't know but it always pisses my off. I'm just happy it's in the moment sort of thing and I don't really get mad at the person I'm playing.

Seth: wtf is this ZZS?!?!?!?

*ZZS takes two stocks off in 30 seconds*

And lol at your ness alternating pwnage between both ice climbers.

I'm at the library right now because my computer completely freezes up whenever I try to use it, so I'm working on fixing that. But as of now if anyone is playing this week just gimmi a text(posted my number earlier). I'm working monday and tuesday but any other day I'll probably stop by and play.

darkatma

Smash Hero
hey stealth we have..

Atma
Geno
Deku
Lixi
Random
Muba
who else? I forgot already

About housing, I'm wondering if we could stop by phatgamer's to smash with people, since i need practice against all sorts of playstyles.

edit:
deku give me more fox vs sheik practice. That's my hardest matchup, I'd love more practice
(okay maybe not, my hardest matchup is probably doc =[ ) I'd still love more practice though
I'll be sure to grab this time lmao

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
umm how can your hardest matchup be doc when you are shiek..

but yes playing dark was soooo fun. he is very good, and his edgeguarding gave me troublessss

and wtf is with all the needles god i was like omg if i get needled->something off a platform im going to snap. but it kept happening

i would have liked to play more.. o well no johns

AND OMG CAN WE PLEASE FIGURE OUT HOUSING FOR KC IDK WHY WE JUST DIDNT STAY AT PHATS AWRABHAWETHAIWOETHAWPEITAWRG

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Ill try and talk to Jesi tomorrow about it.

also, I think you all are worrying too much about the housing. we'll figure something out and KC is pretty chill about that stuff.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
For this Tuesday I have Aaron, Fleet, and some of their friends confirming that they will be coming to my place around 5pm. So that's about 3-4 people, plus whoever else wants to / normally comes. Kolby / Seth / Future / Muba / Legan / Thinka / whoever else wants to come hopefully. :)

Let me know, I'll be smashing around 5pm on Tuesday as usual.

darkatma

Smash Hero
sooo, any updates on housing?

btw geno, my lab supervisor looks just like you, except shorter LOL
lab supervisor for work that is.

also brawlpro you better figure out a way to go to the biggest tourney of the year.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
sooo, any updates on housing?

btw geno, my lab supervisor looks just like you, except shorter LOL
lab supervisor for work that is.
Lol, is his name Steve and if he from the show Blues Clues by any chance. People tend to think I look just like him =\.

as for housing, I haven't talked to Jesi yet cause shes playing MM9 rather than getting on AIM.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Will I have to work tonight so I'm not gonna make it.

Next week I'm off school, though for this thing they like to call fall break (what is this I don't even)

But if you have a lot of people on next tuesday I might happen to tell my manager I have something to do....

Anyways I agree with muba, someone besides will should host smash because I want to try melee against someone who hasn't stopped playing since brawl came out so I can actually see how bad I really am. I also have a reliable car starting tomorrow so : )

darkatma

Smash Hero
i would smash but i have 2 tests coming up.. 1 on friday and 1 on monday
so I'll smash friday night if anyone wants. Just that i have friggin lab (class) on saturday mornings at 9.
which means i'll only be able to stay up till 2 lol.

also when i play people I'm gonna try my best to analyze them during the match from now on. That way i'll improve, and **** at the same time.

Top Bottom