• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Teh Future

Smash Master
unlocking stuff in melee is a lot easier than in brawl.

except for final destination. And Mewtwo. And Mr. G&W..... But still.

Anyways I'm having lots of fun but it's like brawl I can't decide who I want to main. Right now I'm using falcon, Jiggs, and DK.... lol yeah. I've unlocked, Jiggs, falco, gannondorf, and dr. mario.Not sure if I've done anyone else.

Pretty fun though, I like having my hit stun back :)

MuBa

Smash Lord
Awesome find man! Having MLG involved in the smash community is a welcoming addition to a better competitive environment.

So assuming that MLG is going to have a huge Brawl tournament in the near future, this should motivate a lot of people to get even better at the game.

Teh Future

Smash Master
C. fabulous is coolest definitely, but I still have a bunch of characters to unlock.

Plus my jiggs consists almost entirely of upthrow to rest, which can easily be DIed out of I believe.

Also, I agree that MLG showing interest in smash is a good thing, although I wonder how they would do tourneys, since if they held one for brawl about 21397123871239 people would show up. Do you have to somehow rank for it? I don't know how they did melee.

And IDK about link getting glidtossing. I recently glidetossed a bomb as ROB the result was not in my favor :/

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Since it looks like people won't be playing tomorrow, if anyone is playing today, leave a note here and I may drop by.

Nuris

Smash Lord
Philip Steininger
Cell: 617-959-4517
Wash U South 40: Mudd 42
Have a Wii with melee and brawl. There are TVs in my suite or we can use a dorm lobby.

Teh Future

Smash Master
That isn't glidetossing.
Since it has basically the same result, I'm calling it glidetossing.

Oh and I am definitely off work saturday night, so if anyone is playing lemme know and I'll definitely be there. I might come tomorrow after work if anyone is playing too, but I don't know it just depends on when I get out.

Oh, and I got my brothers memory card, and it looks like the only characters I can use are Falcon and Jiggs.

Teh Future

Smash Master
I'll play brawl or melee saturday or friday after work. That is, I'll play melee if you guys don't mind 5 stocking me 9 matches out of 10... Couple of questions though.

It seems like one of his best approaches is shorthop Nair(SHFHSHSHFHHFHSHSHLed),, which works great. But it seems like everyone wants to grab the person afterwards. But idk what I'm supposed to do after that. It seems like a lot of people dthrow and then do something random, or scar seems to upthrow a lot on heavier characters and then tech chase. Is it different what I do for each character, or I don't know if I'm just blind, but I can't seem to get a lot of things working from there.

-computers spamming jab is the most annoying thing I've ever encountered in smash.

-holy crap they ruined every single one of falcon's approaches in brawl. sad face.

Edit: also, do es anyone know how to cancel falcon's neutral A combo?

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
for falcon it doesnt matter if you upthrow vs fast fallers, because you can't combo them until you get an "un DI'd" up throw at about 80 percent. So against fast fallers do whichever through you like then try and tech chase them with either another grab, knee if they tech away, knee if they straight or dont tech, and stomp if they tech back at you.

For most other characters you can combo out of the down throw. You want to throw shiek and marth up though.

to cancel falcons Nair is just like another other L cancel. Youll usually want to jab after the cancel or roll if you think theyre trying to spaced grab you.

YAY MELEE

MuBa

Smash Lord
One thing you may want to learn is the "gentleman" where Falcon does his A, A, A combo and prevents him from doing the repetitive punch.

It's like A -> A-> short pause -> A

Wow...makes me wanna learn Falcon too...either him or Jigglypuff

Teh Future

Smash Master
One thing you may want to learn is the "gentleman" where Falcon does his A, A, A combo and prevents him from doing the repetitive punch.

It's like A -> A-> short pause -> A

Wow...makes me wanna learn Falcon too...either him or Jigglypuff
Yeah that's what I was talking about when I said to cancel his neutral A combo. In 64 you can do it at the same speed as normal by hitting Z and A at the same time as the last hit, that's what I was trying.

Normally when I use raptor boost it's after I hit a Dair at low percentages so I can't get an arial off. In general it seems pretty good with tech chases though.

I think what's gona kill me the most is SD lol.

Anyone playing tonight though? I have to work at 5:30 but I totally want to play any game as I haven't smashed with an actual person for like 2-3 weeks.

Teh Future

Smash Master
^You should burn those calories off tomorrow by playing brawl with meh.

Anyways, it took about a half hour to get on the internet because my computer is all crappy and virusee so I don't knwo fi i disapear for a few days after saying I want to play that would probably be why. right now I'm just going to pretend it's not happening because I don't want to deal with it. But I don't know how much longer that is gonna be able to last...

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Thinkaman, I would like to arrange a battle with you. We will battle till dawn in the game super smash brothers brawl (and melee). I am sooo good now with G&W now because no one can get through my sausage attack! I will arrange a battle this weekend if you are up for it. Dont forget to PM me so we can do battle.

battle.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Hey everyone, let's play...

What's the Deal with Geno?!?

What explains Geno's previous nonsensical post?

A) Cranial Injury
B) Drunk
C) Account Hijack
D) Mega Man 9 Overdose
E) omg did u guyz here that ken on sirvivor omg
F) Sister on Computer
G) GAYSIAN INVASION
H) Yoshi Forever

Guess correctly and WIN!

Teh Future

Smash Master
But The Scantron Only Goes To E!!!!!!!!

Edit: why doesn't mah caps lock work >:(

wouldbeatriplepostiftherewasn'taneditbutton: ok wtf at my angry face. Also if anyone is playing tonight gimmi a text or you can call me if it's after 4:30 since my computer is stupid and I don't know if I'll be able to get back on.

636-345-1669

Ok, last edit this time: Playing melee makes you good at brawl. Playing brawl makes you horrible at melee. NO BUENO

Top Bottom