• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Nuris

Smash Lord
That's cool. I'm down for whatever, whenever.
P.S.
I suck at melee, too, maybe we can learn it together.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Futurewrestler, please stop making these ignorant comments. We HAVE PLAYED and DO play Brawl at Geno's and at WashU, and even if we didn't, it wouldn't matter to you since you've never shown up even once to either of these places (as far as I can tell, sorry if this is incorrect).

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
DOUBLE POST:

If anyone is trying to call me, it won't work. My signal here is terrible, and I haven't be able to talk to either of the people who just called me. Try AIM or MSN.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
You know Kyle, you guys really shouldn't just leave a Wii and all those controllers sitting in the common room like that.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Great, don't tell me you stopped by in the couple of minutes I went to my room while Mason got food...

Lixivium

Smash Champion
"Couple of minutes"? I waited like half an hour and didn't see anybody. I probably should have checked your room though.

Seriously Kyle, do you plan on getting through 2 more years of college without having a phone that works where you live?

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I envy you guys playing smash like almost all the time at Wash U.

I swear if the smash scene gets bigger over there in 2 years I'll transfer and finish my meds at Wash U instead.
LOL, I know you're not serious but it's still funny to imagine Muba paying an extra $30,000 a year in tuitions just to be able to play Smash.

Besides, med school doesn't work that way. You don't get to "transfer" unless there are some very extraordinary circumstances.

darkatma said:
meanwhile me and book and another freshman were playing melee on eliot 1
luls
I wanted to play Brawl because my brain was fried from 6 hours of studying. On a Saturday. And I'll be studying at least another 4 hours today.

That's med school, fellas. Think about that while you're doing your pre-meds. If there is something, anything you could imagine doing other than medicine, do that instead.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I'd like to thank MMM for the $200 tip.

Major props to Legan for coming out, giving me a run for the money, and walking away with $100 of his own. We gotta convince them to do teams some time.

I just wanted to let everyone know, being an arrogant jerk, that I have currently made more money than lost on smash. But seriously, I couldn't have done it without you guys. STL is tooooo good.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
I'd like to thank MMM for the $200 tip.

Major props to Legan for coming out, giving me a run for the money, and walking away with $100 of his own. We gotta convince them to do teams some time.

I just wanted to let everyone know, being an arrogant jerk, that I have currently made more money than lost on smash. But seriously, I couldn't have done it without you guys. STL is tooooo good.
Oh man you went? Hell yeah! Did you guys take 1st and 2nd place? Cause that's ****ing awesome!!!

Lixivium

Smash Champion
You guys actually went to Edwardsville huh? Nice job, what'd you get with the store credit?

I've won more from playing Brawl than Melee too: an Ipod shuffle ($40), but I ended up trading that in for No More Heroes and giving it to a friend of mine who probably hasn't even played it.

Teh Future

Smash Master
lemme guess... diddy.

Anyways, I don't know I can't come either monday or tuesday :'(

It turns out that my brother still has his memory card for GC with his melee data on it, so I'm going to borrow that and see if I can beat a lvl 9. computer or something lol.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Guys, I can't figure out how to beat Olimar in Smash 64. Backwards-wavedash to forward glide-toss-side-b is too broken.

Any advice would be excellent.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
So I put in the Konami code and my character transformed into Slippy.

Great.

Top Bottom