• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure we could get housing but it would probably be better to try and get a hotel since there is going to be a lot of people there. + Kyle needs to come because hes awesome =)

and yeah I'm guessing M2K "basically quit melee" because its not as profitable as brawl is.
Melee for fun
Brawl for $$$

BTW I'm considering trying out brawl.... again..... but I wont touch it until after KC, can't be ruining my tech skill right before the tourny.

MuBa

Smash Lord
BTW I'm considering trying out brawl.... again..... but I wont touch it until after KC, can't be ruining my tech skill right before the tourny.
Brawl's not as bad as people say it is. The metagame is still evolving at the moment.

Heck I think it's a great idea to play the game especially in its early life and make a name for yourself like Legan and Thinkaman did. They pretty much made their character into a special kind of beast that no one is yet able to do effectively.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
I will attempt to house you guys if my parents allow it (i need to "Know" the people i am housing) could i get a rough headcount of who is going so i can ask my parents?

Lixivium

Smash Champion

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
oh i'll give you some peach vs marth.

next time im home dont go off to randoms! its too farrrrr :(

i should be home a week from this friday. (2 weeks ish)

Lixivium

Smash Champion
when do i getta play deku =[
i need peach vs marth practice lol
Sorry but nobody in St. Louis plays Marth. Or Sheik. What is this top-tier nonsense.

Genoblast said:
I'm too lazy to post the other vids from FAST but they were all pretty good. I think both players are much better now than they were at OC3
M2K also said that he was playing horribly against DSW at FAST. They're still great matches by any stretch of the imagination but I like the OC3 ones better.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
no way shiz > pc. Maybe with falco yes, but pc would take in in a set EZ.

i dont really care if melee is at its "pinnacle" now or then, but I did enjoy the OC3 vids more. Pc and M2k were both playing really well against each other, while I think M2K messed up a lot against DSW.

no johns though

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
M2K also said that he was playing horribly against DSW at FAST. They're still great matches by any stretch of the imagination but I like the OC3 ones better.
I don't think he was playing any worse against DSW than he was against PC. I think it just seems that way since PC and M2K play each other all the time and DSW lives on the complete opposite side of the country. They know each others play styles (if you watch Ken vs Isai its completely different watching Ken vs anyone else).

But whatever, all I know is M2K told me that he thinks DSW is better than PC, weather he is or not could only really be decided if they 2 of them played each other.

M2K vs DSW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LITiwB-EDp4&feature=related

Lixivium

Smash Champion
But whatever, all I know is M2K told me that he thinks DSW is better than PC, weather he is or not could only really be decided if they 2 of them played each other.
People say a lot of things when comparing players. Ken said that Bombsoldier "gives him more trouble than PC". Captain Jack said that he thought EK "was as good as Ken".

Maybe all that Brawl you had to endure at FAST made M2K vs. DSW seem more enjoyable. :laugh: No matter, M2K vs. DSW is right up there with Ken vs. Isai (MOAST3), PC vs. KDJ (MLG Vegas), Azen vs. Ken (New York), etc.

Melee had lots of epic and memorable sets. Unfortunately not a single one of the Brawl sets I've seen comes close.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
People say a lot of things when comparing players. Ken said that Bombsoldier "gives him more trouble than PC". Captain Jack said that he thought EK "was as good as Ken".

Maybe all that Brawl you had to endure at FAST made M2K vs. DSW seem more enjoyable. :laugh: No matter, M2K vs. DSW is right up there with Ken vs. Isai (MOAST3), PC vs. KDJ (MLG Vegas), Azen vs. Ken (New York), etc.

Melee had lots of epic and memorable sets. Unfortunately not a single one of the Brawl sets I've seen comes close.
Name the most epic Melee set from 2002. Go!

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Nice try Zig, everyone knows big-time tournaments, video equipment and Youtube didn't exist in 2002.

Maybe you're right, and that someday Brawl will be a more competitive and entertaining game than Melee ever was. But I imagine it's a little like trying to write a book when you can only use half the letters of the alphabet. Best of luck to all the Brawl players, may your faith in Brawl pay off.

Speaking of which, I want to play Brawl doubles some time.

MuBa

Smash Lord
Brawl isn't that bad you guys. Try playing it competitively. You might end up having a beastly character that may give you a big name in the smash community, like Legan, he's the best Link in the Midwest.

edit: there ya go!

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Brawl isn't that bad you guys. Try playing it competitively. You might end up having a beastly character that may give you a big name in the smash community, like Legan and Thinkaman, they're the best Link and Jiggs in the Midwest.
like Legan and Thinkaman, they're the best Link and Jiggs in the Midwest.
best Link and Jiggs in the Midwest.
This word is wrong, or at least misleading. Try again.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I tried to read the shoutouts for WTON but was blinded by adulations of Legan and Thinkaman.

So did Chris (Toga) leave early again like he does at every tournament?

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
quit rippin on bpro just cuz hes super technical.

If he gave up his tech skill that wouldnt improve his mindgames so he might as well be as technical as possible.

cept for SD's but whatever!

Top Bottom