• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
hahah its true.. not playing makes you better sometimes...

however supermatt there can do all the freakin tk trixies so he is one to talk about mindtrix...

seriously all he does is shine out of the shield and cc shine. he thinks hes so good too its ridiculous!

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Dear Geno,

I made someone buy and play Super Mario RPG today.

You're welcome,

Thinkaman

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Dear Geno,

I made someone buy and play Super Mario RPG today.

You're welcome,

Thinkaman
Woo!! I wonder if they've gotten to me.... uh I mean Geno yet.

on another note, I wont be able to hold any smashfests for a little while. I'm going to be pretty busy for the next 3 weeks + still working on fixing the basement.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
and dude r u like marth1's brother
yeah tommy is my brother

hahah its true.. not playing makes you better sometimes...

however supermatt there can do all the freakin tk trixies so he is one to talk about mindtrix...

seriously all he does is shine out of the shield and cc shine. he thinks hes so good too its ridiculous!
at least I don't run away 24/7 and then grab when the other guy does anything...i wish you could cc marth's grab into a shine then it would be over

darkatma

Smash Hero
wait kyle are you actually doing the smash thing this friday?
dekualex are you actually coming to st. louis like, ever?
brawlpro who doesn't like brawl are you meleepro now?
and geno if you can't host can you still attend?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
No big organized smash club this friday... I'm too sick to organize it.

*dies*

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
"VEGETA! What does the scouter say about the number of Mexicans?"

"It says the unrestricted flow of economic capital extends to labor under a fondation of supply-side economics!"

"...I think you're doing it wrong Vegeta."

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
The fact that someone had to in some way search to find that photo in order for it to be posted here...

...greatly bothers me.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I'm not sure exactly what you just said. Do you want to come play smash with us, us to come play smash with you, or play online?

MuBa

Smash Lord
Anyways, good times on Tuesday's smashfest even though it was only 4 people.

And MMM, thanks for giving me the tip on how to do the mortar slide effectively on the Gamecube controller. My days on the Classic controller for Brawl has ended, and a new dawn for *** kicking has begun! *rolls triumphant music*

Also, we actually did pretty good in teams! Snake and Samus ftw!

Teh Future

Smash Master
Yeah right, my Wiimote+ chuck is completely pimped out, there's no way anyone can beat me in a serious battle because they'll be too intimidated by my controller. Plus I can still do AT, I just need to adjust some controls. So I don't know if I don't like that I might try GC again. I tried it the other day and from the time I though shield it took my like 5 seconds to actually press down on that stupid trigger. Whoever had the idea to put a trigger on a NINTENDO product should be fired. And beaten with a stick.

But yeah my main is also in question as I've been pwning with luigi. But Idk I alwasy pwn computers with ZSS too and then do horribly with her against people. I'll just have to keep picking a different character every match lol.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Whoever had the idea to put a trigger on a NINTENDO product should be fired. And beaten with a stick.
...what? The Z-trigger was fantastic... and the Gamecube's really good shoulder buttons are one of the reasons that make it the best controller ever made.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
the z trigger on 64 was beast...

the most inconsistent button on the GC controller is the Z button, sometimes you grab, sometimes you light shield WTFFFFF

but yes GC controller ftw... even if it looks like ****ing lego.

BTW darkatma can you smash saturday at 1 at Eliot.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
The triggers are awesome-- what you actually have a problem with, Future, is the lack of Analog support on the GC controller triggers on the Wii games. It's all the Wiimote's fault. Since the Wiimote doesn't have analog triggers, and the superior GC controller does, they removed analg sensors from Smash brothers in order to support the digital-only Wiimotes.

What that means is that the GC controller only knows you are pressing the button if you press it ALL THE WAY and make it click. You can't just press it a little bit. Which is a shame, because light shielding in Melee was cool.

Stupid Wiimotes.

darkatma

Smash Hero
the z trigger on 64 was beast...

the most inconsistent button on the GC controller is the Z button, sometimes you grab, sometimes you light shield WTFFFFF

but yes GC controller ftw... even if it looks like ****ing lego.

BTW darkatma can you smash saturday at 1 at Eliot.
i finish chem lab at 1
so like, smash at 1:30 on saturday would be cool

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I want to play some Smash today. Anybody that can play, leave a note here what time.

Top Bottom