• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Nicole

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I CAN come tonight (stayed up the past two nights studying and doing lab work so I'd be able to go... haha), so if anyone is going and would like to give me a lift, I would love you forever and ever and ever.
Tmacc, where are you and do I have to take you back early. If you answer "fairly close to you" and "no" I'll pick you up.

If you have to go back early, that's the real deal breaker. Plus I don't quite remember where STLCOP is. My number is 314 960 3770 if you wanna call me and let me know these things quickly.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
David don need naw pizza ta get dem der gurlz. All he needa dew is wip out dat dik and be like "swang swang swang, byotch!" in a circle n den dey be like omn nom nom paenus, slurp.

Ya dig?

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
so whens the (melee) smashfest starting this week? I'm gonna try to go.

darkatma

Smash Hero
smash friday night
place undetermined yet, but if not at geno's, then at either chris teng's place or my place.
but we're smashing for sure coz i will be done with tests and stuff

so someone could most likely pick you up from the train station if you're taking a train.
and just MM some nubs to get your money back or something lols

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
smash friday night
place undetermined yet, but if not at geno's, then at either chris teng's place or my place.
but we're smashing for sure coz i will be done with tests and stuff
i may not be able to show because <GASP> I have a good friday religious thing on Friday from 7-8pm

so I'll be late if I play, and can't host at my place. Also, hosting at my place actually $ucks now that I know Geno has more rock band DLC than me and has more usable TVs.

even though I just bought 100$ of groceries and can cook restaurant quality stuff now.:dizzy:

bring your pogeymans. I got some ~level 50-60 stuff I can use if we do mixed again.

yeah I know Kimbo Slice was too beast for that game.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Alright, well here's the situation.

Option 1:
$21 train tickets for thursday, but someone would have to pick me up 12:30 AM thursday midnight and gimme housing.
Option 2:
I could come Friday, 28$ tickets, someone pick me up 12:30 PM.

Option 1:
Leave Saturday, 16$ tickets at 5:30PM (or 6:40 AM if i gotta leave early)
Option 2:
leave sunday, 16$ 6:40 AM

Could anyone pick me up (at the St. Louis Amtrak Station) Thursday midnight (preferred) or Friday noon and drop me off one of these times? And i'd need housing for sure.

EDIT: not 100% sure if i can go, depends on if parents will let me go and or if Chicago crew is going to Peoria.

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
Alright, well here's the situation.

Option 1:
$21 train tickets for thursday, but someone would have to pick me up 12:30 AM thursday midnight and gimme housing.
Option 2:
I could come Friday, 28$ tickets, someone pick me up 12:30 PM.

Option 1:
Leave Saturday, 16$ tickets at 5:30PM (or 6:40 AM if i gotta leave early)
Option 2:
leave sunday, 16$ 6:40 AM

Could anyone pick me up (at the St. Louis Amtrak Station) Thursday midnight (preferred) or Friday noon and drop me off one of these times? And i'd need housing for sure.

EDIT: not 100% sure if i can go, depends on if parents will let me go and or if Chicago crew is going to Peoria.
no HERE's The Situation

i live too far from the Amtrak station for that to work well, sry

darkatma

Smash Hero
that is one ugly *** guy. and trust me, as a peach player, i know my guys (lolol)

uhm phil are you able to pickupable peoples?
coz i dont have a car
you could stay over at my place if you come tho.

Nuris

Smash Lord
im not sure if im available, maybe
st louis amtrak station is near union station, so you could also take the metrolink to campus

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
lol mentok.

Where exactly is the smashfest at, Washington University? and I'll pay like 4$ in gas money if i can get picked up on thursday midnight

Lixivium

Smash Champion
lol mentok.

Where exactly is the smashfest at, Washington University? and I'll pay like 4$ in gas money if i can get picked up on thursday midnight
It would be best if you could take the Metrolink to the "University City-Big Bend" stop (it costs $2.25 I think). I can pick you up from there to the WashU dorms (free).

Be sure to take the WESTBOUND train and BLUE LINE to Shrewsbury. In other words DON'T take the Eastbound train or the Red line to Lambert airport.

This is the train timetable for Union Station:

http://www.metrostlouis.org/MetroLink/StopCards/UNST033009.pdf

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
yea i was looking at that for a bit lixi. thanks

well, i found out there was another train that would take me to St. Louis on Thursday and arrive at 10:45.
I'd be able to take the metrolink from 10:47 (if i'm lucky) to U City Big Bend Station and arrive 11:01 or from 11:07 and arrive 11:21. But i'd need housing that day, thursday, prolly.

I might just come friday though, but i really want as much melee in as possibly though lol. >_<'

wait, Is there brawl at this?

EDIT: more than likely going friday now that i think of it. Yea, i'm gonna try to get to big bend. I'd arrive there around 12:45 PM. I'll know for sure if i can go tonight.

@nuris, i thought u were atma for a sec for like the fifth time.

Nuris

Smash Lord
I might be able to house you but I'm going to be busy with homework Thursday night :/ I am also willing to pick you up, PREFERABLY from Big Bend, Skinker (these are both Blue Line), or Delmar (this one is Red Line and closest to my place) stations. I think smash Thursday night would be more likely to happen at Wash U anyway.

People will always play Brawl if you want, just not forever.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
wait, Is there brawl at this?

EDIT: more than likely going friday now that i think of it. Yea, i'm gonna try to get to big bend. I'll know for sure if i can go tonight.

@nuris, i thought u were atma for a sec for like the fifth time.
If we play at WashU and there is only one setup, then there probably won't be any Brawl. If we go to Geno's house (not likely) then there might be some Brawl/Guitar Hero/TvC or whatever.

If no one else can house you I probably can. Bring a blanket or a sleeping bag though.

Can you bring your recording setup?

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
wow one setup O.o;

yea, i'd be able to bring one prolly. but its a pretty bad setup - an easycap.

EDIT: oh and i don't really play brawl lol, j/w if there was any.

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
well if all else fails you can take the metro to Brentwood I-64 station and sleep in my spare bed.

wait are we playing tomorrow or friday?

Tmacc

Smash Lord
To the people going to Nicole's tomorrow:

Will I be able to get a ride with someone tomorrow (I will split gas money like normal, ect), and to those who are going, when do you plan on coming back?

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Peach is a million times gayer than Sheik

I'd rather play against Sheik than Peach any day of the week and twice on Sundays

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
^^^ but you main ICs lol

btw, i can go, whoever can pick me up PM ur numbes if u can plz. Arriving Big Bend around 12:45 friday most likely

Lixivium

Smash Champion
^^^ but you main ICs lol

btw, i can go, whoever can pick me up PM ur numbes if u can plz. Arriving Big Bend around 12:45 friday most likely
Even with Doc/Ganon/Marth I would still much rather play against Sheik than Peach.

edit: Is that 12:45 PM or AM?

Top Bottom