• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Thinkaman, this is the comment I got on my Youtube channel that I was telling you about.

SniperNightOwl said:
oh lawl this is what I get for nearly giving up on my main since SSB64. Thinkaman came in first with Jigglypuff in a tourny out of 47 people!!! I asked how he got his kills and he said, f-air, u-tilt, ROLLOUT. He even said he never uses DACUS. Wow I feel so stupid now. Ha ha ha but I'm happy. I'm still not dropping MK though, but he looks like he will stay as my 2nd. =)

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Kyle are you playing today? It'd be nice to get some practice before tomorrow.

Cook

Smash Master
Metal, what are you doing this coming weekend (or the week following it)? I want to come Smaaaaaaaaaaash. You should have another $1 tournament!!!!!!!!!!

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Metal, what are you doing this coming weekend (or the week following it)? I want to come Smaaaaaaaaaaash. You should have another $1 tournament!!!!!!!!!!
that is a fantastic idea! let me look into whether or not i have any responsibilities in the coming weekends, i don't think i do. i'll check the home boys schedules and get back to you, g.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Jiggs is an easier match for Ganon than Ness.

Ganon is one of Jigg's easier matchups, since he can punish zero of her core approaches. Ness is to some extent one of her harder matchups (not really a counter), due to b-throw and uair being such powerful yet accessible kill options against her. (She makes up for it some off-stage, but on-stage Ness has a solid advantage due to fair.)

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
do people still play this game???

anyway I'm thinking of holding a smashfest this Friday post if you are interested in coming. If I get enough responses ill definitely have one

alt-F4

Smash Ace

Ganon is one of Jigg's easier matchups, since he can punish zero of her core approaches. Ness is to some extent one of her harder matchups (not really a counter), due to b-throw and uair being such powerful yet accessible kill options against her. (She makes up for it some off-stage, but on-stage Ness has a solid advantage due to fair.)
And kyle starts his attempt of only quoting achewood comics for the summer.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Pit is S-Tier in Japan.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=231731 said:
SS:
Metaknight, Snake

S:
Falco, Pit

A:
Diddy, King Dedede, Marth, Fox, Mr. Game and Watch
Wario, Captain Olimar, Wolf, R.O.B, Lucario
B:
Zelda + Sheik, Toon Link, Zero Suit Samus, Ice Climbers, Pikachu, Donkey Kong

C:
Peach, Kirby, Mario, Luigi, Ike

D:
Lucas, Bowser

E:
Link, Pokemon Trainer, Sonic, Jigglpuff

F:
Ness, Yoshi, Samus, Captain Falcon

G:
Ganondorf

My friend went on to tell me that they don't REALLY think Ganon is in a low tier by himself, but they put him in G tier because it stands for "ganondor tier"

TP

Smash Master
I'm beginning to suspect that you have no idea what you are talking about. Character sub-forums are not exactly Mount Sinai, and matchup charts are not written on stone tablets. Most of them are blatantly wrong.

Never mind, confirmed.
Actually, my opinion on Jiggs being beatable with Ganon does not come from the matchup thread. After you 3 stocked me, I read all the Jiggs guides and frame data, picked up Jiggs as a secondary, and challenged all the other Ganons. I used Jiggs for everything for the last 2 weeks or so. As I was playing the other Ganons, I carefully made note of what moves beat what, and what strategies worked well for my opponents. After all my studying, I feel that Ganon can beat Jiggs if he uses the right strategies and doesn't leave himself open. I think my hard work will lead to you consistently 2-stocking me, which is less humiliating than you 2.75 stocking me on average.

Top Bottom