• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Nicole

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, I'll be in StL Friday and Saturday, is anything going on then or are there Easter plans?

alt-F4

Smash Ace
And not mentioned in that post, because my FTW short term memory couldn't remember his handle until RIGHT THIS MOMENT, thanks to AltF4 for jumping in and taking over for my leaving teammate. *sniff* I could've have sucked without you, man.
It's not a problem, it was fun hope to see you soon and keep up the ROB.

Brauleen... REMATCH...WILL'S...TUESDAY

that is all

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
I used to get offended by the bending of social constructs, but then I started playing Pikachu.

Thinkaman, are you gonna be in st.louis at all during the summer? Or even during the beginning of may?

_Wolfy_

Smash Cadet
OKay even though this weekend is easter weekend is there going to be any melee going on anywhere?
I wants to show peeps my moves XD

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Kyle I will beat your Jigglypuff again...someday. Let me know if there is a time Wednesday/Thursday I can go to your place and play.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Random Tiers of Characters Thinkaman Enjoys Playing Against:
(Not to be confused against the Tier List of Characters Thinkaman Does Best Against, which is different)

Triple Top Tier:
Falcon

Top Tier:
Ness
Lucas

High Tier:
Yoshi
Diddy
Ganondorf
Pit
ICs (Only as Jiggs)
ROB
DDD (Only as Jiggs)
Falco (Mostly only as Jiggs)
PT (All)
Ike
Snake

Mid Tier:
Mario
Peach
DK
Bowser
Link
Shiek
Samus
Zamus
MK
Olimar
Fox
Wolf

Low Tier:
Zelda
Toon Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Lucario
Jigglypuff (non-ditto)
Marth
Sonic

Bottom Tier:
Luigi
Wario

Stupid Tier:
Jigglypuff (ditto)
G&W

The Melee list contains only two tiers: "Stupid Characters No One Should Play", and "Not Marth".

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
Stick around here, and we'll help you out. What's your (general) location? Do you have a car? We typically meet at Metal's or my place, which is at Wash U/the Loop.
I live in the Oakville area, and sadly, I do not have a car. But, if I can manage around that, I would more than enjoy playing with you guys if I'm invited to do so, and would come as often as I can. It sounds like you guys are playing tomorrow at Metal's. What time is that supposed to be happening?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Invited? Hey, if you were looking for an invitation, consider yourself formally invited to every Smash event held within 100 miles of St. Louis for the next 3 years.

Oakville looks to be around 35 minutes from Wash U/my place, and 50 minutes from Metal's. It's a little hard to rationalize us going out of our way that far, since no one else lives down South. Whenever you can arrange transportation up here, tell us and we can probably make Smash happen. My only limitations personally are no Wednesdays and no late Thursdays. Otherwise, we can pull something together whenever.

Edit: Lixi, are you free Thursday afternoon? I define afternoon as "before 9pm".

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I didn't mean to say as if I was asking for a ride. No, I understand exactly how unmanaganable that would be. I meant that I would have to work around when my parents can give me a ride up to the events. Given the distance, I probably wont be able to do any week days until summer (lots of homework + semi-busy schedule) but if I can get my parents to comply, I should be able to attend on the weekends whenever you guys are doing something.

By the way, Think, your Jigglypuff makes me want to go found a Thinkaman Fan Club. Also, congratulations on winning the tournament, that's a pretty nice stash you won there.

TP

Smash Master
My parents took away my computer and videogames. This is the last time you will hear from me for a long time. :(

Bye.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Cheese, you're welcome to come to my place any night I am hosting as long as you get a ride, because that's waaayyy to far for me to do any chauffeuring, haha. Hopefully you can get a ride some time. :)

Teh Future

Smash Master
Says the guy who plays IC! Burn in hell future!! /love :D
hey at least the Ice Babies are fun to watch, and even I admit they are gay to play lol.

MP you should definitely pick up Meta, just remember I 2-0d Gambino and its my excuse to play Diddy so I enjoy it also.

Im gonna start going Mario against ROB.

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
:p No, no, no, I am not going to sit here begging for a ride... Even if I did live close to you guys, it would be a loooooong time of playing with you guys that my parents would ever let me get a ride with any of you anyways xD. But thanks, I'll definately make an effort to attend as many of these gatherings as I can.

Metal, it says you live in St. Peters. My dad lives there, and I'm over there every other weekend. So I'll definately try to make it to any events at your house if they coincide with the time I'm there.

EDIT: Twilight... I just died a little on the inside. One tournament.... fourth place... gone forever? ;_; Stop being such a tease.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Oh no, I knew you weren't asking. The fact of the matter is, we were considering picking you up ourselves if we had to. (That's why asking if you were "invited" seemed so weird.) It's a bit far for that plan to actually work, especially since you don't live by anyone that I know of, but yeah. Whatever the case, make sure to stay in touch.

Now, if we could just find this Sno guy...

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
:D All of you guys are so nice and welcoming, it's great. Yeah, I will definately make every effort I can to keep in touch, and I am definately up for more Ogre's tournaments. The only problem is getting my parents to go with the idea... I'll tell you guys how that goes when I find out.

One other thing I was wondering though. Think, you said you were at WashU right? What did you have to do to get in there? Right now I'm only a sophomore, but I've got a 4.0 GPA and I scored a 32 on my ACT. What did you get? Anyways, if you're still there three years from now, I'll be there with you for a little while (hopefully).

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
you'll probably get in with that.

i got in with a 30 and not a 4.0 (but our scale was weird.. i had over a 4.0 but i didn't have straight A's)

the only thing that could stop you is if you have 0 extra curriculars/ballsack essay.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
You should be able to get in with that. Deku is right, they love ECs. I got in with a 4.0 and 35 on scholarship, so you should be fine. Just keep up that GPA and stay involved in... whatever.

Book, Rob, Jgalt, Chezzles, and atma are all at Wash U as well.

Also, EVERYONE! PAT (JGALT) HAS THE FOLLOWING ANNOUNCEMENT:

JGALT

Smash Cadet
Book! you will most certainly not be playing Melee at Wash U on Friday night. You might be playing it in Paducah that night... but most certainly not at Wash U. In fact, all of you are welcome to play Melee and/or Brawl in Paducah on Friday night, and you are double-invited if you have a car that can seat extra people.

Now, BACK TO KYLE (THINKAMAN) WHO HAS THE DETAILS OF MY ROUNDABOUT INVITATION:

alt-F4

Smash Ace
:D All of you guys are so nice and welcoming, it's great. Yeah, I will definately make every effort I can to keep in touch, and I am definately up for more Ogre's tournaments. The only problem is getting my parents to go with the idea... I'll tell you guys how that goes when I find out.

One other thing I was wondering though. Think, you said you were at WashU right? What did you have to do to get in there? Right now I'm only a sophomore, but I've got a 4.0 GPA and I scored a 32 on my ACT. What did you get? Anyways, if you're still there three years from now, I'll be there with you for a little while (hopefully).
First of all 32 on ACT as a sophomore is more than enough to get you accepted to most schools that aren't in the ivy league flat out. Deku is right though extras and essay pull you up a lot.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
thinkaman got a 35 WTFFFFFF

so did lixi!!!!!!!

IM RETAKING

also most ivy league school are simply just out of reach for people in the midwest. You have to have some sort of national recommendation or some **** to go anywhere.

or be really good at a sport on top of a perfect application.

unlessssss affirmative action can help you ROFL

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Now, BACK TO KYLE (THINKAMAN) WHO HAS THE DETAILS OF MY ROUNDABOUT INVITATION:
k

GUYS!
That includes female Kirby players.

PAT IS LEADING PEOPLE ON A SMALL ROAD TRIP ADVENTURE, GOING A LITTLE OVER TWO HOURS TO PADUCAH!

YOU HAVE THE CHOICE OF STAYING IN PAT'S HIGH TIER BARN IN HARDCORE CAMPOUT STYLE, OUR MY INCREDIBLY AWESOME TOP TIER HOUSE.

WARNING! Thinkaman's house is likely to
B L O W Y O U R M I N D!

WARNING! JGALT's barn has been called even more awesome than being
ON A BOAT!

But either way, you get access to...

CAPTURE THE FLAG
...ON A GOLF COURSE!

Did you hear that? That was the sound of all your previous plans getting CANCELLED.

Questions?

Top Bottom