• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Argh, work johns all over this. Zozefup would probably be able to make it; I'll let him know. I'm pretty sure She-Geek will have work johns as well.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Copy Pasta....

For those of you who have not already tried texture hacks, or have been lacking the files needed, I present to you.

Inferno's Texture Package 2.0
http://www.mediafire.com/?ngn43y4yk14

What you get:
-Loads of textures for every character along with a guide to which costumes are which.
-GeckOS for Homebrew
-Codes that load the Textures from your SD card to the wii, as well as infinite replay, and infinite camera.
-Instructions

What you need:
-Homebrew installed on your wii
-SD Card

Some of these textures were done by myself, but most are taken from several different texture websites and all compiled together to make for a nice, fun selection.

Legan

Smash Lord
lol! zig are you gettin back may 1st? Thats exactly when a midwest circuit event is so you should either get in really really early and ride out with us or meet us in kirksville

Cook

Smash Master
lol! zig are you gettin back may 1st? Thats exactly when a midwest circuit event is so you should either get in really really early and ride out with us or meet us in kirksville
Kirksville isn't really on the way to Kahoka...

And is anyone doing anything Saturday IN St. Louis?

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
Well, I obviously can't go on the trip with you guys thanks to parent johns... BUT, if anything Smash related is going on this weekend I might be able to do it.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
I really wish that were possible...

Im most likely getting back May 3rdish or so. Im gonna go out to Pittsburgh on May 1st, then stay with Trisha before she drives me to st.louis a day or two later. Its gonna be a lot of smashing this summer though...get your last licks of practice in before I get back! I expect full marks on Brawl and Melee improvements from St.Louis.

did you really give up Link Legan?! I cant believe I inspired you to main Pikachu!!!!

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Dropping Link entirely isn't really necessary or as useful as partially maining him would be, since Corey knows so much about the "bad" matchups for Link that some of them are actually good matchups.

Competitively, I personally think his best option would be to use a combination of Link, Marth, and Metaknight.

ASC I am not sure what I will be doing Saturday but if I host anything I'll let you know. I might do stuff IRL though, I'm not sure.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
in brawl i see no reason to not play many characters.

just one = fail

melee too for that matter.. although some of them have a big learning curve

Legan

Smash Lord
Ill just play the character I feel like playing at the time. More often than not itll be link. Im not gunna play my crew mates in a tourney match with link anymore though.

MetalMusicMan

I agree, there is no reason to only play one character. Having many mains only improves your odds of winning and makes you a more diverse player. Picking a single "main" is just silly.

Cook

Smash Master
I agree, there is no reason to only play one character. Having many mains only improves your odds of winning and makes you a more diverse player. Picking a single "main" is just silly.
Unless it's MK. Then you have a pretty good chance of winning every time.

Still, I wanna be a man and use Oli even in his worst matchups!

Probably wouldn't do that if I used Link, though...

alt-F4

Smash Ace
Which is why now that the tourney is over I shall be attempting to expand my playable characters. Maybe I will become david's apprentice (even though I am 7 years older than him :laugh:) and switch to IC's and Diddy.... and Mario, and Bowser, and Jigglypuff, and Captain Falcon, and.... Ok I don't think it is possible to main as many people as him, at least for me right now.

Well heading out to Metal's now see everyone when I/they get there.

Legan

Smash Lord
I dont think it's silly, especially If Im havin fun and playing the character I enjoy playing. I could play a character like D3 or MK in tournament but then that would be taking away my whole purpose of playing video games. Itd also take away from my originality, people do the same **** with D3 & MK, I can have fun and blow peoples minds at the same time while playing link.

But, If I do come up against someone who knows my oh so predictable character, Ill probably switch it up for that occasion.

MetalMusicMan

Personally I think that being a 'jack of all trades' of sorts can hold just as much or more "uniqueness" as "maining" a specific character. You can still bring your own flavor to any character you play, look at Azen.

I just think that your uniqueness should be defined by your style and not your character-- there are only ~35 characters in the game-- trying to define uniqueness by character selection is very limited.

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
Legan, I hate to break it to you... but... Link is such a ridiculously freaking broken character that if you aren't winning tourneys with him, you have no chance of ever winning any tourney matches with a crap character like MK. Sure, it would make you more of a man to stop using that overpowered character known as Link, but what are you, some kind of scrub?

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
If you guys are looking for players for the trip to paducah, you should pick up a couple of kids in Metropolis. Joe Word (Wario) and Tim Day (Diddy/Meta) are pretty good. I'll give you msn addies when I can Kyle. Why all the yoshi hate?

_Wolfy_

Smash Cadet
MMMmmmmm sounds goood!
Smash thursday at Metal's?
i'm all for it but i'm gonna bring melee cause i know you kids all like your brawl >.<
(still haven't really jumped on the bandwagon)

Teh Future

Smash Master
Ill bring a TV this time so if we have as many people as tuesday we can have 4 set-ups.

Although instead of 3 Brawl setups + melee it will probably be 3 brawl set-ups + Super Mario World because whenever I bring my snes a bunch of extra people show up and I dont get to play it =(

lol.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
heyyyyy guys im back in st louis for like a week...whose hosting smash on saturday night

Edit: i see MMM's hosting thursday night. I would like to make that but i'd need a ride to and from (since my car is back in Los Angeles). Anyone live close to the U-City/Clayton area?

Edit #2: only if there will be a melee setup

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
I am definately in for another tournament at Ogre's. I'll try to stay around for a while though this time. There were so many of you guys I didn't get to play at all. Any of you have wifi though? I know it's not the same as playing in real life, but it's still something to kill time.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Alright, I'm going to hold another smashfest this Friday while Sam is in town.

Everyone is welcome to come but don't get here before 5. I don't think i need to explain the rest since I'm sure you all know the drill by now :) .

If you need directions PM or call me, 314 413 1251

MetalMusicMan

I think someone took one of my silver Gamecube controllers by mistake last night.

If you guys could please check your silver controllers for one that says "KEVUH" on the bottom of it in black sharpie. It would be written on the bottom of the controller under the C stick.

If I lose this one it will be the second time someone has taken Kevin's controller and not given it back :(

Thanks.

Radium88

Smash Lord
MMMmmmmm sounds goood!
Smash thursday at Metal's?
i'm all for it but i'm gonna bring melee cause i know you kids all like your brawl >.<
(still haven't really jumped on the bandwagon)
There will definitely be some melee, especially if there will be enough set-ups. I wish I could bring one but I dont' own a Wii and my tv is a flat screen 20" box which weighs a ton.

I play Brawl most of the time but I get these Melee urges, like right now.

So I'm off Friday-- anyone else off? Should we smash-fest Thursday night then?
I'm not off the whole day Friday but that is no johns for not going Thurs. I wants to plays!

Ill bring a TV this time so if we have as many people as tuesday we can have 4 set-ups.

Although instead of 3 Brawl setups + melee it will probably be 3 brawl set-ups + Super Mario World because whenever I bring my snes a bunch of extra people show up and I dont get to play it =(

lol.
Lawl, I think I'm going to try and find my old NES games! I've been thinking about it since you showed me that awesome sexy machine.

heyyyyy guys im back in st louis for like a week...whose hosting smash on saturday night

Edit: i see MMM's hosting thursday night. I would like to make that but i'd need a ride to and from (since my car is back in Los Angeles). Anyone live close to the U-City/Clayton area?

Edit #2: only if there will be a melee setup
There should be a melee set-up so you should come! Someone give this person a ride! I work in downtown StL at Nestle Purina so if you need a ride and can be picked up between 3 - 4 30, I can do that. I'll PM you my number if you are interested.

Also, if any Washu people needs a ride and that time of pick-up works for you, I'll be happy to be of service. It's just that if you need to go home between 6 - 7 30pm, no can do because I got class. And I'm not taking people one at a time, that would be absurd and a waste of gas. Just PM me and I'll gives you my phone numbers! :bee:

Top Bottom