• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Nuris

Smash Lord
Was anyone planning on coming to Wash U? If not I might just go to Metal's...

JGALT

Smash Cadet
Phil, if people are coming to Wash U, then I'll be over. If not and you decide to go, could I get a ride to Metal's? I'm jonesin' for some Brawl.

Nuris

Smash Lord
Okay, I think I'm going to go to Metal's because I'm bored and I don't know if anything is going to happen at Wash U. I'm in Eliot so if you want head on over to the parking garage for a ride.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
We'll be going for a few more hours at least, I think-- definitely not passed 12am though because we need our sleep for tomorrow.

Btw if you want to meet up with my crew tomorrow be at my place around 9am.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Eh, there's a tourney today? Lol, if I didn't have so much work to do, I'd go.

JGALT

Smash Cadet
Fun tourney today. Sorry I couldn't stay later for the teams, I would've loved to have done some more clownin' with Olimar and Yoshi. Anyone who didn't get clowned on will just have to wait until the next St. Louis Smash event.

Oh, and Kyle, I am holding your car hostage. You can have it back for $300.00.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Fun tourney today. Sorry I couldn't stay later for the teams, I would've loved to have done some more clownin' with Olimar and Yoshi. Anyone who didn't get clowned on will just have to wait until the next St. Louis Smash event.

Oh, and Kyle, I am holding your car hostage. You can have it back for $300.00.
wtf yoshi, now I know why everyone loses agianst mine when they first play it LOL.

results were something like:

1-Thinkaman
2-MetalMusicMan
3- Amazing Ampherous(lol spelling?)
4-Twilight Prince
5- Future
5-48 ??????

Apparently Twilight Prince >>> me =(

lol I kept figuring since you were going Gannon, going Bowser wouldn't be a bad idea. From now on Im going Jiggs if anyone takes me to Norfair. Nice job on taking fourth, you should totally show up to Wills on tuesdays, if you didn't come last saturday because there was drinking, there's usually no drinking at all on tuesdays (If there is its something like someone drinking one beer or something lol).

Lixi it was nice actually talking to you/meeting you since I know we've seen each other before, but haven't really talked ever. You're really good at brawl, Im surprised you didn't place better in the tourney.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Lixi it was nice actually talking to you/meeting you since I know we've seen each other before, but haven't really talked ever. You're really good at brawl, Im surprised you didn't place better in the tourney.
Eh I always do crappy in tournaments (Melee and Brawl) but there were certainly people worse than me and that's nice to know. :D I wish I could play with you guys in St. Peters, but it's just too far away and I usually don't even get home until 6:00 PM. If you guys do ever go to Kyle's again I would certainly go if I had time.

Radium we finally got to play! I think you beat more people in brackets than I did so technically your Kirby is better??? You should learn some other characters though. Don't end up like Legan; playing one character all the time gets boring for both Melee and Brawl. I would definitely play other characters in tournaments if I was the least bit good with them.

Congratulations to everyone who did well, especially Thinkaman, Metal, Twilight, and Future. (And Legan I guess even though he went into Loser's immediately)

Rob and Zozefup, thanks for coming down (or up?). Don't give up on Melee, it's still getting better - watch videos from Mango Juice.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Good **** everyone.
Here's my shout out's, since I tried to make friends with just about everyone.

Cheesy Mike - Dude, you seriously made my day sending Legan to losers with Ness, holy balls, you need to add my Wifi Code, I'll add your's and we'll play.
Nyus - Dude you're cool as ****, my gay voice had you getting weak as ****.
Legan - We didn't get to record you Corey Cancelling. :(
Thinkaman - I owe you my life for helping me with this, thanks again.
Brawleen - You're real cool, nice meeting you finally, too bad we didn't play, we'll play at Will's Tuesday.
Metal - Being cool like always, grats on 2nd, Kyle's **** Puff. See you Tuesday. ;)
Pterodactyl - Dude, good *** ****ing matches. Wanna' see you around some more.
Mahoney - Good *** ****ing set dude. You're Lucario has a lot of potential.
The Gambino - Nice meeting you finally, good **** with the Melee, sick *** Yoshi.
Lixi - Thank you for manhandling me in Melee. I'll get my swagga' back eventually.
Twilight Prince - ****ing first tourney and you get 4th, AND YOUR A GANON MAIN. Watch out Toga.
Ampharos - Nice job dude. Cool seeing you there again.
I'm probably forgetting more, I made so many friends, Jesus Christ.

And the best for last:
Future wrestler - I will kill you and everyone you care about for three stocking me. Have a nice last couple days to live. :) :)

Nyus

Smash Cadet
Good **** everyone.
Here's my shout out's, since I tried to make friends with just about everyone.

Cheesy Mike - Dude, you seriously made my day sending Legan to losers with Ness, holy balls, you need to add my Wifi Code, I'll add your's and we'll play.
Nyus - Dude you're cool as ****, my gay voice had you getting weak as ****.
Legan - We didn't get to record you Corey Cancelling. :(
Thinkaman - I owe you my life for helping me with this, thanks again.
Brawleen - You're real cool, nice meeting you finally, too bad we didn't play, we'll play at Will's Tuesday.
Metal - Being cool like always, grats on 2nd, Kyle's **** Puff. See you Tuesday. ;)
Pterodactyl - Dude, good *** ****ing matches. Wanna' see you around some more.
Mahoney - Good *** ****ing set dude. You're Lucario has a lot of potential.
The Gambino - Nice meeting you finally, good **** with the Melee, sick *** Yoshi.
Lixi - Thank you for manhandling me in Melee. I'll get my swagga' back eventually.
Twilight Prince - ****ing first tourney and you get 4th, AND YOUR A GANON MAIN. Watch out Toga.
Ampharos - Nice job dude. Cool seeing you there again.
I'm probably forgetting more, I made so many friends, Jesus Christ.

And the best for last:
Future wrestler - I will kill you and everyone you care about for three stocking me. Have a nice last couple days to live. :) :)

lmfao milk. Screw your gay voice!!!! lol

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
lol, Future is already getting hate for his Ice Climbers. First Milk, then THE WORLD! lmfao <3 David

Good games everyone, very fun times, if any of you want to stop by my place Tuesday, you can PM me for directions / phone number.

I still can't ****ing believe that I lost to ROLL OUT A G A I N.

Oh my ****ing god

OH MY ****ING GOD

OH MY ****ING GOD

UUHHHHAAAAAAAGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

(If you don't get that reference, watch 1:07 of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsFQiJDT6rk lulz)

TP

Smash Master
Everytime I'm around you people, you're all like "Dude, you've gotta play Toga" "There's this guy named Toga who has a great Ganondorf" "It would be interesting to see you against Toga." I can't wait.

I should be able to make it on Tuesday. Get ganonraped.

Future should have beaten me both sets, BTW. I don't know what happened.

Chezzles

Smash Journeyman
Get ganonraped.
So uh, I ain't tryin' to be rude and I ain't hatin' on you dude but the honorable coalition of PKC (Pat, Kyle, and Chezzles) have come to the decision that the term **** is offensive and should not be used. From this point on we move to bury the word on the grounds that:

1) **** is not a funny subject
2) **** affects 1 out of 4 women by the end of their college career
3) **** is not a compliment to describe how well one does while playing video games
3) "Getting clowned on" is a much funnier way to get across the idea of skill in games

Now I ain't tryin to start beef with you or nothing, but this is actually a sensitive subject (for me at least)

Good job everybody at the tourney on Saturday!

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
lol Chezzles I can understand where your coming from, but it's just a for fun term we use, **** is, and never will be funny, but yeah.
Yes TP Toga is a beast.
And yes Metal I hate Ice Climbers so bad, I can't fight them. (Though a semi decent Game and Watch almost beat Future, so if I use my Game and Watch...Hmmm....)
See you all Tuesday.

_Wolfy_

Smash Cadet
Okay so i was so mad when i got there and melee was already done,
but i had a great time doing the brawl doubles,
and a even better time beating the mario team twice out of luck :)
Thinkaman great job in the tourney!
and next time i think melee should have a time frame maybe not just said that it'll be sometime in the day.

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, this is Cheesy Mike. I had a ton of fun yesterday, and I thought the tournament went really well. Anyways, I was wondering if any of you guys could help me get more involved in the smash scene, as that tournament was the only one I've been to and I really don't know where to go from here. Also, sorry that I didn't get to ditto you Milk... My friend was ready to leave. -________- I think I'll come alone next time.

TP

Smash Master
So uh, I ain't tryin' to be rude and I ain't hatin' on you dude but the honorable coalition of PKC (Pat, Kyle, and Chezzles) have come to the decision that the term **** is offensive and should not be used. From this point on we move to bury the word on the grounds that:

1) **** is not a funny subject
2) **** affects 1 out of 4 women by the end of their college career
3) **** is not a compliment to describe how well one does while playing video games
3) "Getting clowned on" is a much funnier way to get across the idea of skill in games

Now I ain't tryin to start beef with you or nothing, but this is actually a sensitive subject (for me at least)

Good job everybody at the tourney on Saturday!
Well, I don't mean to be rude either, but I completely disagree with you. However, I will stop using the term on the regional board for your sake.

Cheesy Mike, I want to play you some more. Our matches were super close.

Teh Future

Smash Master
lol i would've been there but i didnt think melee would have any showing :p
Yeah there were a lot of people and limited set-ups, so there was only a little bit of melee.

Also I three stocked Milk as Diddy vs Ness, I didn't use the Ice Babies that set. If it makes you feel better I started thinking about who I would use against Ness earlier when Corey lost to that one guy who was using him (although nice job on 2-0ing him in losers), so I had come up with some stuff to beat him pretty bad because I always hate facing Ness and didn't want to lose to one. falcon Dittos were epic though, dair to upB stage spike? lol epic stuff.

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
Well, I don't mean to be rude either, but I completely disagree with you. However, I will stop using the term on the regional board for your sake.

Cheesy Mike, I want to play you some more. Our matches were super close.
Yeah, I want to play more matches too. I want to play more matches with all of you guys actually, as I don't know anyone who can play Brawl worth a crap.

JGALT

Smash Cadet
WHAT!? How on Earth can you respectfully disagree that **** is not an offensive subject!? Would you say you condone violent sexual assault of women and men? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume you're just straight up ignorant, but **** really does happen, and it's not going to be funny if you ever meet someone who has been *****, and you unknowingly drop the word into a conversation.

And I'll be the first to admit that I've used "****" to describe victories in the past, heck I probably did yesterday, but last night Chezzles brought to my attention how dissociated we are from the actual meaning and implications of this word. If you begin using a word, that describes something absolutely atrocious in a manner that is positive, you begin to lose the meaning in its actual context. How horrible of a human being you become when you see the headline "**** Victim Executed in Afghanistan" and the first thing you think is "***** got owned!" instead of "That is awful and depraved."

Try opening up your vocabulary to include phrases that are really colourful, like:
"You just got clowned upon."
"Get wrecked!"
"It was like an ocean... except all the water was pain."

Go crazy, act a fool. It's the only way to talk good smack.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Whatever happened to saying "got pooped on" instead of "got *****"

That never really caught on did it

Let's face it, substitutes like "got clowned upon" or "got wrecked" or "entered a world in which the only thing that exists is pain" just isn't quite the same.

Book!

Smash Journeyman
Nothing is safe from ridicule, but the Smash community's use of the word "****" has always seemed juvenile and stupid to me. I try to be a little more imaginative when I trash talk.

Go crazy, act a fool. It's the only way to talk good smack.
Right on.

Does anyone want to play a little bit tonight? Just a quickie.

Missing Person

Smash Apprentice
Tournament yesterday FTW. Shoutouts were in the other thread, but I'll cross-post since I feel like it.

Man, Gambino didn't tell me he got 7th. Not a bad showing, not a great showing, but he made it out to be worse.

Had a blast. Sorry I wasn't around to play many (if any, I can't honestly remember) casuals, as I was running around like a headless chicken playing in STHD, SF4, MVC2, Tekken, and TVC. But I had a blast, everyone was pretty chill, and hope to come back to your future tournaments.

Shouts...

Milk first and foremost. As far as someone running a tournament goes, as Ron Burgandy once said, "Milk was a bad choice." Wait, that's not right...seriously dude, good stuff on running this tournament.

Lixi and Rauleen for reinforcing in my mind how much I don't know the Kirby matchup at all. Definitely gotta practice it, good matches though.

Legan and Metal for the laughs during the Wolf/Wolf team match. Double thanks to Metal for the advice, which I will be practicing on for next time.

I'm sure there's numerous others that I can thank, but I can't remember their names on here due to my sleep deprivation at the time (literally was going off 4 hours the night before, and couldn't sleep on the way there, and played 6 tournaments), but you were all chill in my book, and hope to be back at Ogre's soon to play again.
And not mentioned in that post, because my FTW short term memory couldn't remember his handle until RIGHT THIS MOMENT, thanks to AltF4 for jumping in and taking over for my leaving teammate. *sniff* I could've have sucked without you, man.

Top Bottom