• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Radium88

Smash Lord
But yeah Metal I think you should do the whole tourney set thing like every other week or something, as they are a lot of fun and I definitely get better when we do that since I don't just pick falcon and gannon every other match.
Agreed on at least doing it every other week or something. Agreed they are fun. Also, I actually try in every match I play, regardless of it being friendlies or not :'( Must play more....

Wait a girl who plays Smash?
You sure it isn't Sam, back from wherever she moved to?
Haha.
Well Radium, I want to play you, and you again Metal.
Corey I always have to play you, basically everyone needs to play me in friendlies!
Metal in our Samus Ditto's gimme' a match to get my swagger back, I haven't played in awhile.
Also, anyone who is free Saturday, having a bunch of people over at my house, if you wanna' come hang, all day.
I'm sure I'm not Sam unless I am having an identity crisis that I am not aware of. Anyways, the name's Rauleen, what's yours? Uh, sure we can play but I think Will is way better than me if you want practice, but I want practice so let's play.

she will be easy to find, she will be the girl.
Lawlz I'm also a filipina (girl from Philippines) so I will also be brown. I'm sure there will be other girls, I hope...I don't want to be the only one representing.

I absolutely LOVE doing mini tournaments. LOVE IT. Hell, I will do them every week if you guys want to and we have the people. Haha.
Seriously though, what's the vote on that? Because I am so down for tournaments more often.
Every week sounds great too! The more practice, the better!!

:( I'll be missing this Saturday though... I've got a Nick Cage-a-thon to go to.

Teh Future

Smash Master
I live in Collinsville.
However long it takes you to get to Play N Trade, add about 10 mins to that and that's how far my house is away, and we'll be playing all day.
:o thats a hella drive, I dont think Im up to it this weekend lol, maybe this summer.

I have to work on Saturday, but I can stop by later depending on how late you guys play. Sooo no set-up from me.

Nicole

Smash Champion
hm, maybe a $1 tourney? cash is maybe a little tight when you don't have a job :/

also...there will be drinking after this tournament, right?! i've got a bunch of beer30 just waiting to be used.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
David nNnnNnnoooOoOoOOOOOoOOOoooooOOoooOO!!!!!!!!!

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Oh well. We will only have 2 setups if Steve brings his Wii. Someone should bring a third Wii, then. We have 3 monitors/TVs already.
Yeah my wii is good as there. I have a quick question though, should I keep using my ROB crutch till after the tourney or just go cold turkey now and try to build someone up to use for the tourney?

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
$1 it is, I'm not trying to actually make this be about money so that should be fine as long as everyone can spare $1 :p

Steve you can just use ROB in the matches man, I would. I just mean practice with another.

As for beer after the tourney, well it IS a Saturday so why the hell not?!?!?! Let's keep the beer to a minimum until we're done with the tourney itself though, haha. It could be disastrous otherwise.

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
>_> I know this is kind of an odd request, but I was considering going to Aerial Rave and I don't want to make an idiot of myself by being the worst one there, so would anyone mind friendlying me over wifi and tell me if they think I'm good enough to atleast show up at the tournament? My FC is 1289-8475-1253 in case anyone would be as kind as to play me.

MetalMusicMan

Oh.

I won't be there after all. :(
You won't come because there will be beer AFTER the tournament?

If there is even a small chance that alcohol will keep even 1 person from coming, then the alcohol will be completely banned until the tournament is finished. I do not want that to get in the way of the tournament and I understand if you aren't cool with it or whatever.

If you aren't comfortable / okay / old enough for alcohol at the tournament then I will make sure that it stays banned until the tournament is over. It's really not a problem. I was planning on doing that anyway.

"Beer:30" can just start after the singles / doubles finish.

I don't think anyone will object to that, right guys?

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
>_> I know this is kind of an odd request, but I was considering going to Aerial Rave and I don't want to make an idiot of myself by being the worst one there, so would anyone mind friendlying me over wifi and tell me if they think I'm good enough to atleast show up at the tournament? My FC is 1289-8475-1253 in case anyone would be as kind as to play me.
Promise you won't be the worst.
Even if you lose, no harm, you learn, and make friends.
I'm terrible at Smash, but I still have a lot of fun playing with everyone and making friends who I can practice with to make myself better.
You play, you're good enough to show up.

alt-F4

Smash Ace

If there is even a small chance that alcohol will keep even 1 person from coming, then the alcohol will be completely banned until the tournament is finished. I do not want that to get in the way of the tournament and I understand if you aren't cool with it or whatever.

If you aren't comfortable / okay / old enough for alcohol at the tournament then I will make sure that it stays banned until the tournament is over. It's really not a problem. I was planning on doing that anyway.

I think i can control my impulses for that length of time.
I have spent the last few hours switching characters and i have settled on one that i played for quite some time before "knowing" how to play...
Snake??...

Snake??!!??!!...

SNAAAAAAAAKE??!?!?!?!1111oneoneone!!

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I'm sure I'm not Sam unless I am having an identity crisis that I am not aware of. Anyways, the name's Rauleen, what's yours? Uh, sure we can play but I think Will is way better than me if you want practice, but I want practice so let's play.
Yeah I try to make friends with everyone who attends my tournaments, so yeah.
And the Sam thing was a joke cause she was the only female smasher I knew of from STL.

TP

Smash Master

Now I am happy again. :)

I'm quite old enough for alcohol (17), I just get anxious about stuff like that. I don't even hang out with my friends when they drink. Of course, they constantly end up running from the cops, and one was hospitalized for alcohol poisoning, so I'm probably right to not hang with them...

Anyway, I'll be there.

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
Now I am happy again. :)

I'm quite old enough for alcohol (17), I just get anxious about stuff like that. I don't even hang out with my friends when they drink. Of course, they constantly end up running from the cops, and one was hospitalized for alcohol poisoning, so I'm probably right to not hang with them...

Anyway, I'll be there.
sounds like you just have dumb friends.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Oh don't worry, there better not be drinking until the tournament's over. I don't want to suck worse than usual :bee:

Radium88

Smash Lord
So sad that I'm missing this because there are new peoples who are coming but I hope there will be others. Plus how can I say no to Nick Cage?

I'm scared of going to tournaments because I might be the worst one there too but you don't get better unless you get experience/practice is how I view it. I'm excited because more people to play against other than your usual group and you can kind of match up your skill level and see how much you need to work on for the next tourney. Plus people are always willing to play friendlies too so more practice!

Yeah I try to make friends with everyone who attends my tournaments, so yeah.
And the Sam thing was a joke cause she was the only female smasher I knew of from STL.
Hahaha, no worries, I knew it was a joke. That's why I retaliated with one. Or I guess tried too. I would like to meet her one of these days though because woots for girl gamers since people seem to think we don't exist.

Woot for meeting new friends! I'm actually extremely shy so when I meet you, I might be a little awkward but please don't let that scare you.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
1315 S Carnegie Drive
St Peters MO 63376

636 699 2223
Jeez that's 40 minutes from my place. But you know I think I will go this Saturday because I've always wanted to play Brawl with you guys.

Cheeseonastick said:
I know this is kind of an odd request, but I was considering going to Aerial Rave and I don't want to make an idiot of myself by being the worst one there
It's okay because I'll be the worst one there.

Teh Future

Smash Master
wow so many people. Im pissssssssssssssssed.

lol Ill definitely be there after work.

Twilight Prince, alcohol shouldn't be an issue at all, go over to metal's all the time and I don drinks.

Cheese, When we went to Milk's tourney in Illinois I almost three stocked someone with falcon in friendlies. In the end the whole point of going to tourney's is to have fun, not to be the best one there(or not the worst one lol)

MetalMusicMan

Jeez that's 40 minutes from my place. But you know I think I will go this Saturday because I've always wanted to play Brawl with you guys.

It's okay because I'll be the worst one there.
Hooray!

lol Ill definitely be there after work.
DAVID CALL IN SICK OR SOMETHING GAWD **** IT! Your leetness must be in attendance!

Radium88

Smash Lord
Me too....

/cries

Why is this happening when I'm not there...? If Think says he's going, I will seriously be sad....because Toga says he's going. I've been wanting to play against Think and Toga again because I've only played against them once. Ever.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
STL

planning on attending WHOBO?? apparently Wichita is rooming with Deva and Chip from the West Coast...:bee:

Radium88

Smash Lord
Indeed:

http://www.cracked.com/topic/118-nicolas-cage/

http://www.cracked.com/blog/lets-play-nicolas-cage/

I mean that's totally worth passing up a chance to play with the only other Kirby main in St. Louis.
Zomg, Lixi.... <3 I don't know if my friends are familiar with this site, but knowing them, they probably already do.

You play at WashU right?? Well if there are smashfests at WashU, I will come play.

This Nick Cag-a-thon will be the 3rd one because Knowing is coming out but I've only gone to one other one. The first one, we started drinking and the 2nd movie was Leaving Las Vegas which was a bad move on our part but the drinking game for Wicker Man made up for it. Somehow.

Plus it's my Computer/Console Gaming Association Alumni weekend. I gots to LAN and play hockey with my old dorks.

TP

Smash Master
Oh, ffs. It turns out I can't go Saturday after all. That is annoying as ****.

Have fun getting hammered guys... by G&W. After he hits you, don't play as Wario and get on his Bike. That's just reckless.

Time to turn my attention back to the Friday WashU thing. Any info?

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Hahaha, no worries, I knew it was a joke. That's why I retaliated with one. Or I guess tried too. I would like to meet her one of these days though because woots for girl gamers since people seem to think we don't exist.

Woot for meeting new friends! I'm actually extremely shy so when I meet you, I might be a little awkward but please don't let that scare you.
Yeah she was pre' cool, I didn't get to talk to her much, but then she moved. :(
No worries, I usually make people lighten up, I'm pretty obnoxious.
When I make the announcements about the tourney, I usually try to say something fun, like no trash talking unless you're fighting Legan, then insult him all you'd like, or something like that.
It'll be a good time.
Just make sure to introduce yourself to me, I'll be too busy to be lookin' around, cause the Brawl tourney starts so early, so I gotta' beat feet.

Top Bottom