• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Deku you never showed up :mad:

I finally got to play some quality Brawl with Legan and I two-stocked his Link with Kirby. Definitely the highlight of my Brawl career. :laugh: Legan stop sandbagging next time.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Hey guys, when is brawl being played this week? I know Tues at least, but any other days? Maybe Thurs, because then Kit and Andrew (from Kirksville) would maybe show up too!

Nuris

Smash Lord
Lixi, I think it's time you drop the charade of saying that you suck at Brawl and finally reveal to everyone that you actually have had a Wii and the game since it came out in Japan and have dropped out of Medical School so you can spend all your time secretly practicing Brawl.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Hey guys, when is brawl being played this week? I know Tues at least, but any other days? Maybe Thurs, because then Kit and Andrew (from Kirksville) would maybe show up too!
Yeah, this Tuesday will have some brawling as always.

I could host Thursday but we wouldn't be able play passed like midnight because I have to get up at 6:45am or so now. So if you guys need somewhere to sleep I can't do it during the week.

Friday or Saturday we could do a magical sleep over or something again though :p

Oh, also, someone left their tooth brush at my place last time.

Also... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phb3GGMi7os

Pokemon trainer is so leeeeeeet... sometimes I wish I was still a PT main lawlawlawl and Falco is such a piece of ****, lawl jay kay. ... but seriously he is.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Lixi, I think it's time you drop the charade of saying that you suck at Brawl and finally reveal to everyone that you actually have had a Wii and the game since it came out in Japan and have dropped out of Medical School so you can spend all your time secretly practicing Brawl.
I'll do that once I beat Toga's Wario.

Lixi going to the tourney on the 4th?
Sorry, I don't know which tournament you're talking about. I don't generally go to Brawl tournaments but if it's close enough I'll consider it.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
yeah sorry i was intercepted en route to eliot

i really wanted to pummel lixi... those matches were so frustrating. AND I WAS 2 AND 4 THANK YOU

Cook

Smash Master
You guys would be much better off going to Joker's in Des Moines on the fourth. We're going, KC is going, there may even be some zomg Wichita.

Teh Future

Smash Master
I completely forgot about that Milk posted the thread like forever ago.

But yeah I hope everyone who plays Brawl in STL makes it, considering it is IN stl.

Ill be there for sures.

You guys would be much better off going to Joker's in Des Moines on the fourth. We're going, KC is going, there may even be some zomg Wichita.
I disagree. Even if the actually tournament is better in Iowa, St. Louis has no tournament scene at all and supporting this and making it successful is more important imo.

Also did you give my AC cables to Thinkaman or do you still have them? I guess it doesn't really matter since aparently you will be in town on thursday, but if you didn't give them to thinkaman make sure to bring them when you come in town por favor.

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
I completely forgot about that Milk posted the thread like forever ago.

But yeah I hope everyone who plays Brawl in STL makes it, considering it is IN stl.

Ill be there for sures.

I disagree. Even if the actually tournament is better in Iowa, St. Louis has no tournament scene at all and supporting this and making it successful is more important imo.

Also did you give my AC cables to Thinkaman or do you still have them? I guess it doesn't really matter since aparently you will be in town on thursday, but if you didn't give them to thinkaman make sure to bring them when you come in town por favor.
pretty sure think has them.

MetalMusicMan

I just saw that edit, and I have to say that I totally agree with you Future, we have to support the STL's scene and rebuild it from the ashes.

Milk! Thanks for organizing another local tourney, definitely looking forward to going. Do you know how many people will be there for Brawl?

NetteThomson

Smash Journeyman
Sweet, I'll see if I can A2 to go to Milk's tournament.

On a different note, do I need to ISO hack to get custom music in brawl? I'm seriously going nuts over this.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Attention everyone, extra Wii's are needed for the April 4th Tourney!
Everyone coming who owns a Wii, bring it.
Also, if you have a Cube, bring that too for the Melee Side.

Thank you. :3

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
So have you guys all heard of Onlive yet?

Its going to revolutionize counsel gaming!!!

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-10202688-235.html

They are officially going to announce it tonight at 9:30.

A friend of mine has been working on this for awhile and hes been using it quite a bit.

What this does is it makes it so you'll never have to upgrade your computer for gaming purposes ever again!! At this moment you could play Crysis on a 10 year old computer and all you need to do is buy the $50 counsel thats the size of a deck of cards.

I'm not an expert but it has something to do with super compression technology his company has been working on. So your basicly able to stream any video game ever made in HD and play it on any TV or computer that you plug it into.

I know this doesnt have much to do with smash but i thought you all might be interested =)

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
So have you guys all heard of Onlive yet?

Its going to revolutionize counsel gaming!!!

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-10202688-235.html

They are officially going to announce it tonight at 9:30.

A friend of mine has been working on this for awhile and hes been using it quite a bit.

What this does is it makes it so you'll never have to upgrade your computer for gaming purposes ever again!! At this moment you could play Crysis on a 10 year old computer and all you need to do is buy the $50 counsel thats the size of a deck of cards.

I'm not an expert but it has something to do with super compression technology his company has been working on. So your basicly able to stream any video game ever made in HD and play it on any TV or computer that you plug it into.

I know this doesnt have much to do with smash but i thought you all might be interested =)

What an insane idea. The comments under the article hit it on the head however. Remain very sceptical until proven it works somehow. That lag issue seems looming. Smash players know lag best, afterall.

Also, this business model would seem to benefit nintendo, no? You can not copy the Wii's infrastructure, but you can copy sony's and microsoft's.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
haha this post is super late but i dont troll as much but whatever

yeah but I hate it when friendlies don't count, or if i beat someone in friendlies and theyre like oh whatever it was just friendlies. Who the hell plays friendlies and doesnt try? BOO ON THAT

Legan

Smash Lord
Woot, so that means I really beat Deku one time!

Deku may never call me a scrub again. Btw, are you smashin with us tonight?

Edit: Andrew you suck

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
haha this post is super late but i dont troll as much but whatever

yeah but I hate it when friendlies don't count, or if i beat someone in friendlies and theyre like oh whatever it was just friendlies. Who the hell plays friendlies and doesnt try? BOO ON THAT
Thats ridiculous. If you play the same during a friendly as you would in a tournament match, you're crazy. Or have a hugely higher blood pressure than most.

People I've frequently beaten in friendlies 1v1:

eddie
tink
big c
dope
darkrain
dyc
viperboy
kel
watty
jazzness
n64

Zig-Zag! - A#1 smasher

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
yeah that thing sounds almost too good to be true, but my friend worked on it and has been testing it for the past couple of months. Another friend of mine walked in on him playing Crysis on his macbook......Crysis doesn't even run on macs.

but yeah, the Wii seems safe for now. Nintendo was smart to change the way they make video games. hear Sony and Microsoft are furious.

MetalMusicMan

hahaha true.

idk if i'm coming tonight :(
metal's is a lot farther away than I thought it was.

whats the exact address?

From the last page, just reposting it here:

I'm hosting tonight at 5pm as per usual, but tonight we are doing tournament sets for practice for the tourney on April 4th. Full striking / counters / banned stages etc. Singles primarily but I would like to do double practice, too (Let's DO ET Legan! You best show up, sexy)

For anyone who isn't comfortable with the stage striking process / counter picking process, tonight is a good night to learn as we will be going through it and I will help anyone who isn't comfortable with it.

So let's get our practice in tonight and prepare, guys. You're all invited of course :)
Text me, preferably.

If you have to call, leave a message, as I will not answer an unknown number directly--I get a lot of calls from random people who seem to think my phone number is the number of a pharmacy.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Onlive sounds very interesting but I think that a lot will end up on what kind of third party support they get (will third parties get a larger/smaller profit or would it stay about the same?), not to mention any technical problems like lag that might be there.

Honestly I don't know if it sounds good to the industry if Sony and MS are driven out of existence :o

Still it will be interesting to see how things play out.

Top Bottom