• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Yeah, I love those videos, sooooo ridiculous. Anyone remember when I loaded up hacked Falcon at Edwardsville wayyyyy back in the day? And when I played that kid as Pokemon Trainer and changed to GIGA BOWSER! Everyone was just dying laughing.

It makes me sad to think though that there are people out there who will see this and say "WTF why didn't they make Brawl this way?!?", as if allowing any move to be canceled into any other move at any time would make a remotely playable game. (I guess if you tried it would just come down to who had more priority and could hit buttons faster?) Might as well try playing Magic without mana costs, or playing WoW with no cooldown on spells or abilities...

EDIT: It goes without saying that when I return, I am going to destroy... everyone. In Brawl. (I plan on setting up Binyan across the room to destroy everyone in Melee, to keep the ying-yang balance of the universe intact.)

DOUBLE EDIT: Oh, and Legan, JGALT offered to give me a ride home from Spring Break, so luckily I don't need that gas money to get home after all.

Chezzles

Smash Journeyman
It makes me sad to think though that there are people out there who will see this and say "WTF why didn't they make Brawl this way?!?", as if allowing any move to be canceled into any other move at any time would make a remotely playable game.
Kyle, do you know anyone who would turn down such crazy-dragon-ball-z-sh*t? :p

alt-F4

Smash Ace
ok wtf world 8 in Super Mario Bros 3 is like wayy harder than it ever should be.

And Super Mario World is so much better
Ahhh the old Mario 3 vs Mario World debate. I have been on both sides of that one before, and still cannot fully decide which i like more.

Book!

Smash Journeyman
Missed my flight this morning, so I didn't even make it to the tourney! Will probably go tomorrow for crews and stuff.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Mango just beat M2K in a Falcon ditto for the last match of Grand Finals

Is there any better way to end a tournament

Teh Future

Smash Master
wait, mango beat m2k again?

Did he beat his marth, or were they just messing around the whole time?

Either way, it is way too nice outside to have a smashfest, lets have a picnic this evening instead :D

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Um, Geno, I'm like dead. Dead in Paducah, specifically.

I'll be fine whenever Raine gets around to learning resurrection...

ok wtf world 8 in Super Mario Bros 3 is like wayy harder than it ever should be.

And Super Mario World is so much better
GARBLE GARBLE I AM SO BAD AT EASY GAMES THAT IT PREVENTS ME FROM HAVING EVEN THE MOST BASIC JUDGEMENT NEEDED TO IDENTIFY THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIME HOLY CRAP I SUCK AT LIFE
I think I'm going to go continue to die, but maybe play Brawl while doing so.

darkatma

Smash Hero
mango 4 stocked m2k last match of winner's finals in 57 seconds.
mango's just better than m2k

mango also won doubles
doubles was amazing and really good. It was recorded too.

All shiz matches are amazing, shiz can do combos better than hacked brawl falco no joke.

Book!

Smash Journeyman
Went to day 2 of the NY tourney today. Was smaller than Saturday for sure, but still lots of fun.

I wanted to play Mango/Shiz/M2K/PC but they were tied up with mm's and crews all day so I didn't get a chance to butt in. Still got to play some really good people like Scar and Vwins plus a ton of other nice guys whose tags I can't remember. Played fairly well too.

Mango did not legit 4-stock m2k. He took 2 stock in the opening minute and then m2k gave up and walked off twice. That said, I think Mango has shown that he is the best in North America. I watched a bunch of his matches today and was really impressed. Clutch comeback on DSW in a mm. He is much too good to be West Coast, maybe he is secretly from NY.

Teh Future

Smash Master
thinkaman's mind is obviously ruined from his sickness.

Super Mario 3 is awesome. As long as you pretend the first 6 worlds dont exist.

Either way Donkey Kong Country 2 is the best platformer of all time.

Also I watched m2k vs DSW, M2ks comeback was aaamazing in the last match. I haven't seen any of mango's matches.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Just at the stroke of midnight on Brawl's first birthday, I ended the last stock of match #10,000 (a 10-stock Falcon ditto against JGalt on FD) with a Falcon Punch.

That's no ordinary dedication.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
I just played mango a few weeks ago at a smashfest and watched him **** everyone =\

alt-F4

Smash Ace
lawl-- I'm gonna host on Thursday night though, I think. Since David is off school on Friday and will be able to stay later.
I would love to be there, but I have to work as well as studying for that pesky aforementioned test. I was really hoping to work on spacing my Fairs. Oh yeah and next week me and Outlaw will be going out for St. Patty's day so next Tuesday is a "no" for me, however I will be on spring break so I can do something later that week.

Nuris

Smash Lord
Hey St. Louis,
Does anyone know if Missouri has an official friend finder thread?
Thanks guys

Top Bottom