• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
HAHAHAHA GOOD ONE DARK

U of I is like smash boot camp. all we ****ing do is play melee..

so i just checked the busses... and... you can totally take the bus to St Louis and be there by 5ish!

IS THERE ROOM IN TEH CAR OMZGMWETAHG

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
So... since no on responded to my earlier post. How about we all meet at my place around 1. We wont leave till later since we'll have plenty of time.

and darkatma don't worry, someone will pick you up.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
Tomorrow's I got school and really i HAVE to stay after school if I wanna retake this big *** test I bombed, around what time are u all thinkin of leaving, I get back home around 4:50, and Geno your house is like half hour from here, so.....if u all wanna leave early like rly rly bad i can try talkin to the teacher =/ ugh

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Well, I am home right now, and I have WUGS at 9:00. We will be designing CTF games, and then testing some variants in Halo 3's Forge level editor thing.

Then it's fall break, so I'm out.

MuBa

Smash Lord
soooo guys about HOUSING...
I sleep in my own house ^_^

So it seems like Brawl has wavedash and L-cancel as of now. Not exactly like Melee due to the difference in physics but the game is a lot more fun and technical. Once you guys come back from the KC tourney I recommend trying out this hacked version of Brawl at least once. It's awesome.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
brawlpro thats cool we'll just leave later. just get to my house ASAP and call me if someone happens. we dont have to leave early but i would like to leave sometime before 7.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Anyone stranded in St. Louis needs to call me at 618-694-3813, and I might be able to arrange to pick you up. We'll be leaving Marion at 3ish, so we'll be in St. Louis 5:30-6ish. KC is going to be too good!

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
So it seems like Brawl has wavedash and L-cancel as of now.
No, Brawl now has assembly codes that reprogram the air dodge system to make it something awkwardly similar to Melee's.

Not exactly like Melee due to the difference in physics but the game is a lot more fun and technical.
No, but it does break the entire air game by giving it a dodge system it wasn't designed for, and gives characters a wavedash that is either totally useless because it's too slow or totally broken because it creates approaches that they were not designed to have. In Melee, the developers knew about wavedashing and balanced the game with it in mind, as proven in an interview from April '08.

Nevermind that it makes the entire game crash the moment ROB airdodges, since he doesn't have a stunned falling animation. Edit: Apparently this has been fixed in a new version?

If you want a more technical brawl, I suggest you master true pivoting, momentum-canceled footstools, ISJRs, and recoil specials first.

Once you guys come back from the KC tourney I recommend trying out this hacked version of Brawl at least once. It's awesome.
Everyone should mess around with it, it's cool that it exists. Everyone should also play on Mario Bros. and Spear Pillar and FlatZone sometime too, and I personally love messing with rolling crates in training mode.

However, none of these things are applicable in any way to competitive play as you imply.

since we're leaving later pick me up a bit later, i'm probably not gonna be up till at least 1
was watching "my sassy girl" LMAO
korean movies -_-
My roommate told me a long time ago that that is the most ridiculous movie ever.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Hey guys, do you think love can bloom even on the battlefield?

Any advice would be excellent.

Top Bottom