• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB Tier List v3.0- What do u think of TL's new placing?

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
The new version of the brawl tier list has been released. :joyful:

S Tier:

Meta Knight
Snake
Wario
Falco
Diddy Kong
King Dedede

A Tier:

Marth
Mr. Game & Watch
Pikachu
Olimar
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Kirby

B Tier:

Lucario
Zero Suit Samus
Toon Link
Pit
Donkey Kong

C Tier:

Peach
Luigi
Fox
Wolf
Sonic
Sheik

D Tier:

Bowser
Zelda
Pokémon Trainer
Ike

E Tier:

Lucas
Mario
Ness
Yoshi
Samus

F Tier:

Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Link
Ganondorf

What do u think of Toon Link's new tier list placement?
Discuss. :)
:toonlink:

Nehemiah

Smash Cadet
yea people have been finding new stuff, but... it's not what you find, it's can and how you apply it to fighting.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Toon Link won't be moving anywhere.

Buffer shield while DI-ing down any attacks to prevent any safe follow-ups from TL at low percents. He'll have to run away and he loses his asset of racking up damage quickly before the 50% mark.

Can't do that to Falco though. Or Dedede.

GG TL.

Combo friendly my ***.

/bitter, but informative

Darktemplio

Smash Journeyman
Gainesville, Florida, USA, North America, Mars.
Personally I think toon link should be a lot higher than he is. Sadly, I dont think he is gonna move up cuz ppl don't really use him to its full potential. aka, all those new discoveries labeled as "fancy" are actually really helpful in racking up easy damage and setting up for combos and even getting you out of bad situations.

but yea, when ppl start using him the right way, then he should move up.

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
Bottom of High Tier.

That's just my thoughts.

either that or he'll always be the absolute middle of the tier list, I don't see TL falling down on the tier list at all.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Thanks lobos. Play better everyone. And wth @ rawrness...ur point is?? @_@
I suppose he's supporting my statement somehow.

Or sarcastically agreeing with me. <_<

Lobos, Jash says you're not very good.

And I heard he's very...perceptive.

Lobos

Smash Master
Jash tells me the same thing all the time :p what's your point?

Play better! If they judge the tier list based off tourney results TL is bottom high tier.

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
He should stay in the exact middle. I mean, we go about 50-50 most of the cast.

TL's skill is extremely dependent on the player, as opposed to higher-tiered characters who can just chaingrab or hit the c-stick and win. Those characters (mk, DDD, falco, olimar) will stay higher on the list since even bad players can be dangerous if they just memorize a few button combinations.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
He should be bottom of high tier but who cares

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
eh i'm not helping rep him too much, i go 3-2 pretty much every tournament. Always lose to omegablackmage or someone early on. i need to learn to play as well in tournaments as i do at home

FooXero

Smash Cadet
Am I the only one who doesn't want him to go up? I like winning with a non-uber-high tier character. Makes me feel special :laugh:

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
^ Thats why I dont care much. But I would like him to be high tier because that means more players would flock to him and he'd be noticed more. I feel like Toon Link is a perfectly tourney viable character. Not as good as the top tier. But good enough to hold his own. I like placing 3/2 with Toon Link and mastering his ATs. :) :toonlink:

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
In my honest opinion, I think that Toon Link will stay where he is. There don't seem to be many reasons for him to move up or down very much.

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
I think he will go up the amount of stuff we have found out recently far outstages some of the other characters.

Example he's in A tier for the japanese tier list if i remember correctly so he has the potential to be high

Reasons why he can be high IMO:

-Hard to chaingrab or infi cause of bombs
-Mindgames
-He is an amazing killer no matter what anyboby says toon link does not have trouble killing if used correctly
-With correct DI and some help from his tether toon link can survive nearly anything example watch santi's lastest combo vid where he survives gaw's dsmash at 180% or sumin crazy
-A very good recovery
-He has good gimping ablility
-Amazing zoneing game
-One of if not the best overall projectile games in brawl

but ofc this will all be wrong tis why i say IMO

Omnipik

Smash Rookie
Toons potential is his saving grace. He has the best projectiles in the game and can get by various defenses considering they're tangible. Middle tier sounds fair and his Bair is universal against almost any character(except MKs Nado) but i will admit he has KO issues and good luck trying to land a meteor smash. Is there a easier way to say projectiles?

Pho

Smash Journeyman
Toons potential is his saving grace. He has the best projectiles in the game and can get by various defenses considering they're tangible. Middle tier sounds fair and his Bair is universal against almost any character(except MKs Nado) but i will admit he has KO issues and good luck trying to land a meteor smash. Is there a easier way to say projectiles?
I definitely will disagree there. He may have the most versatile projectiles in the game, but best =/= versatile.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Toon Link's projectiles are nothing but annoyances to a seasoned player. While useful, they still do not cover his weaknesses. Toon Link will only move up due to great players, his qualities as a character are not superior to those above him currently.

All the ATs in the world mean nothing if they don't set-up safe kills, allow TL to dish out the same amount of damage he may likely receive, and relieve him of being pressured (no blowing yourself in the face does NOT do this unless you're at...90%).

He's a mediocre character with outstanding characteristics on paper. In the field, he falls short.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I definitely will disagree there. He may have the most versatile projectiles in the game, but best =/= versatile.
we can outcamp like every character that can camp except for maybe ROB,
whoever says he has the best needs to go play against a falco... >.>
SHDL and a Lazer cancel... am I missing anything? no srsly
I use Falco (occasionally)I just never check the Character Discussion on him
that and I have, and I outcamped them
not only that we can utilize our specials a bit too well

Nehemiah

Smash Cadet
we can outcamp like every character that can camp except for maybe ROB,
SHDL and a Lazer cancel... am I missing anything? no srsly
I use Falco (occasionally)I just never check the Character Discussion on him
that and I have, and I outcamped them
not only that we can utilize our specials a bit too well
we can't outcamp olimar, falco, wolf, snake at long range, rob, zelda,

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Jash tells me the same thing all the time :p what's your point?

Play better! If they judge the tier list based off tourney results TL is bottom high tier.
If they judge the tier list off of tourney results then Sonic is above Lucario.

Alzi

Smash Master
I'm guessing toon link will move up 1 or 2 places and thats all. Also nice sig uncle sam.

Top Bottom