• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB Tier List v3.0- What do u think of TL's new placing?

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Yes!!! Toon up 1. Fox up 3!!!

In short,
I WIN!!!!!!

Edit: This list is the best! Sucked in to Link, go sonic, go Captain Falcon, sucked in Ganon, hurray for diddy and IC's.
I go away for the weekend knowing that I won. This is too good.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
It's sad really...TL really does have a lot of excellent players repping him.

But honestly, the people who create the tier list know that all the gimmicks in the world won't matter unless they cover up his problems...which many of them don't.

In which case the +1 is due to how well TL was repped this season. As a character he is still flawed. Perhaps if he had natural character traits that offset his glaring weaknesses like Wario, he would be ranked higher.

Or if he was also considered to be a threat to MK. Which he isn't...

Or if Reflex played him.

But he doesn't. <_<

One thing that I noticed is that everybody in this thread won in a way (except for Santi, since he pleaded the fifth). Toon Link went up (hurray), but it's not because TL is doing better. It's because DK did worse. He only went up because DK sucked it up.

Anyways, here are some reactions of mine, since i'm in such a good mood.

Captain Falcon - WOOT!~ OMGOMGMGOMGOMGOG
Falco - HA! STUPID BIRD!
Sonic - WTH?!
Wario - Whoa... nice!
Pokemon Trainer + Fox - Well deserved.
Samus - :'(
MK + Snake - Sigh.... *facepalm*
DDD - Fat penguin gained weight and sank 2 levels.

Woot.

-Tempest-

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1413-9980
Up a spot. Not too bad. I have to get a Wii. This lack of being able to play really bites.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
EDIT: sooo we hit High tier....

party maybi.
We moved up a spot man, and we were never at the edge of a tier. Even if they grouped S and A together, I would be calling bogus if suddenly middle tiers became high. xD

So...Aren't we technically middle? Top = S, High = A, Mid = B...? After that even the SBR said it themselves...it gets kinda shady afterwards lol.

Lobos

Smash Master
What do you mean "WE" viet? Go back to marth......

The way I see it....

S= Top tier
A= High tier
B= Bottom High tier
C= Mid tier
D= Bottom Mid tier
E= Low tier
F= Bottom low tier

eh, several of us called it anyways.....TL still hasn't been pushed to his full potential yet. I wonder where he will be in another 6 months.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Wow we actually moved somewhere, HAHZAH!

In 6 months time, Toon Link has to get in the top 10 :D

Pho

Smash Journeyman
Still in the middle. I called that from the instant I saw this thread.

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
Cause he didn't really. Move.

DK Moved down, neither TL or Pit really moved up per se, we just didn't have a reason to move down from there.

The same reason Fox got his +3 was because Wolf, Bowser, and Zelda were all above him and fell down. My guess Those 3 sucked it up pretty bad as well.

There were notable moves up and down though.

DK really shocked me.

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
I don't know why everyone's so concerned whether he moves up or not. I mean I'm glad I play a character that's in a middle tier, it adds to the satisfaction when I beat people who use higher tiers.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I doubt we will move more than this. I always thought toon link had more potential than DK...and maybe zero suit, but thats as far as I can see toon link moving up. IMO he should be 15th next time above zero suit :). I love this tier list. Crapping falcon went up. lol. And wario is third best like I thought. But DDD...

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I'm glad he at least moved UP, but I won't be satisfied until he's low-high tier.
Like an earlier post said, he didn't really move up relative to the rest of the cast.
ZSS, Tink and Pit all really stayed the same, but because Donkey Kong fell, they just all moved up one spot.
Sad to see Link fall though... :(
I was hoping he'd at the worst stay the same, he IS better than craptain failcon, maybe not Jiggs with her recovery and attack speed.
Oh well, this will hardly be the last version. And I don't really even play Brawl anymore, I play Plus.

Smith

Smash Ace
We moved up a spot man, and we were never at the edge of a tier. Even if they grouped S and A together, I would be calling bogus if suddenly middle tiers became high. xD

So...Aren't we technically middle? Top = S, High = A, Mid = B...? After that even the SBR said it themselves...it gets kinda shady afterwards lol.
Lobos had the spots right. Plus, it makes sense because D Tier is where Low tier starts.

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
It's not that we neccesarily care about our characters tier placement.

It's just an interesting thing to talk about, and I guess some look at it as a reflection on us as a community, seeing that if we boost up, it proves we've excelled.

Just look at the Warios and Sonics lol

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Honestly if your character is tourney viable, then it doesn't matter where the heck he/she/it is placed.
As i totally agree with your statement, i feel like i need to add the fact that:

This isnt a discussion based on weather or not you think tiers should be a basis for playing a certain character, its a discussion on where TL was placed on the new tier list.

Sorry for that, not trying to start anything. I just dont wnat this to become a "it doenst matter where your character is at as long as you like them" blah blah. Get what im saying?

But on topic, I kind of thought TL would'nt move so i guess i was wrong...but not by much. I still love TL and i think he will hover around this maybe as high one day in the future as even 13-14ish.

Santi

Smash Lord
I'll make sure MK is moved up to his own tier

mwwwhahahahahaah

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Come to final smash 6. Alot of us texas players gonna be there. I can give you the good toon link battle you want.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Come to final smash 6. Alot of us texas players gonna be there. I can give you the good toon link battle you want.
Where be final smash 6? I know that there was recently a low tier tournament in Houston, which I chose not to attend.
And I've never actually fought another TL main with my TL, so I've pretty much ***** the match-up thus far. I know all his weaknesses, which my opponent may or may not be familiar with, and take advantage of them.
I also have a good history of ****** some pretty good Marths with my TL, which makes me look disparagingly upon those who believe the match-up is 60:40 Marth. Just avoid his fair and dancing blade, take advantage of his size and light weight, and TL wins easy.

Pho

Smash Journeyman
Where be final smash 6? I know that there was recently a low tier tournament in Houston, which I chose not to attend.
And I've never actually fought another TL main with my TL, so I've pretty much ***** the match-up thus far. I know all his weaknesses, which my opponent may or may not be familiar with, and take advantage of them.
I also have a good history of ****** some pretty good Marths with my TL, which makes me look disparagingly upon those who believe the match-up is 60:40 Marth. Just avoid his fair and dancing blade, take advantage of his size and light weight, and TL wins easy.
You make it sound like you've been to many tournaments...

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
You make it sound like you've been to many tournaments...
none of the really major ones, but there are very good smashers who don't go to the major tournament simply cuz they don't have time, or don't feel its worth it.
but I have fought pro Brawlers before (Hylian, DMK).

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
No way DTL. This is just beginning. I changed the thread tille to: "What do u think of Toon Link's new tier list placing?". Now this doesnt need to be closed ;D.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
The placing is pretty good, but TL is still a tad underrated.

The only reason we moved up was because DK dropped alot. Seems like TL will be in the middle for a long time until we find somthing amazing that'll give him some recognition...unlikely.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
San antonio.. and your a texas TL ****** marths? Which marths?, cause I know about everyone in texas.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Yeah thats how ranking lists works.....characters move up and down >_>
He means the SBR didn't rank us any higher, we probably had the same vote average as the two last tier lists, but since DK dropped we had to move up to fill in the spot.

Basically, it was an empty promotion.

Ah well, tough times in the economy, TL just needs to put bread on the table for his pigs, DK got laid off and needs new job. *shrug*

eddy49

Smash Rookie
I think toon link is gonna stay in the same position but in my oppinion he deserves more even though he has some issues killing. Although his projectiles make up for some of that.

Top Bottom