• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SQUAT V: Housing and Equipment Thread (DOING TV PICKUPS FRIDAY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Remember to look at this thread guys.

Offers to host all over this shindig. Hit people up, PM them. I'm sure they'll be happy to at least respond.

Don't leave this alone. Get onto it NOW and figure it out before it's too late. Contact the people who have expressed interest in housing, contact DJ Cat, Arrow, Hotdog, any of em.

State your numbers, how long you want to stay, etc.

EDIT: This thread isn't moving a million miles an hour, so it makes things easier for people looking for people to stay with.

EDIT2: If I could have my way, I'd house everyone. lol.

EDIT3: If after Thursday next week there's still people needing housing, I will be making it my number one priority to sort it out. But right now I need to focus on studying.

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
hey i am thinkin about driving up on on wednesday and be there on the thursday can anyone house me between thursday-monday?

Muzga

Smash Ace
perth guys are coming around and all booking flights together on sunday.
As far as i understand theres 5 perth players coming to this and one girlfriend. We still havent worked out the issue of accomodation/housing but worst case scenario ive got a group of 6 who are potentially gonna need housing.

also be mindful that a few of us perth guys are kinda party animals (trav and i :p) and its gonna be our first time over there in brisbane. my point is it seems like a good chance to celebrate with some cool people:D if not, thats cool. its still gonna be awesome meeting you guys

weve got trav, bsrk, baconfingers, ric and myself who are planning to go.
theres also another perthian, roman, but from what i understand hes organised himself already. correct me if im wrong man:p

but yeah thats pretty much perths entrants covered for,

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
also be mindful that a few of us perth guys are kinda party animals (trav and i :p) and its gonna be our first time over there in brisbane. my point is it seems like a good chance to celebrate with some cool people:D
Prove it by getting into Cloudland on Saturday night

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Cloudland is like... a place to chill first, have a couple of cocktails and what not before you hit the crazy clubs.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I can do both scenes, but the Aussie club scene isn't that great; I really do like our bars though

Hollywood or bust, fellas

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
im not old but it only takes a year or two to realise that some clubs are bad, I've never been to a non-aussie club like cao has :(. but yeah i prefer bars personally. Unless you are chasing tail, it's pretty easy in a night club... lol.

JELLYHEAD

Smash Cadet
Jelly needs hosting (>'.')>

You! I want to take you to a gay bar!

Would like to go to one.... No one to go with tho rofl
I'll go with you man, I'm totally 18 now :p hahahah cept I DO have the little issue of needing someone to host me for this tourney *puppy eyes* I haven't booked any flights yet as I don't wanna do that till I know for sure I can get hosted by someone (probably from the thursday or Friday till Sunday night or Monday morning) so if anyone is willing to accommodate S.D's less brilliant (at smash) younger brother *more puppy eyes* that'd be wonderful...

If it helps I'm more than willing to come help out the setting up on the night before and can totally provide sexual gratification to non-obese people :p

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
People offering housing + Who they're housing:
Accelerate is housing: S.D, ComboTurtle
Arrow is housing: TakFR (Space for two more)
Vyse is housing: Shaya
undead_moose is housing: Spots for 2 (Max 3) – Has no transport and lives out of the way however. Bussing is completely plausible though.
DJ Cat is housing: (He’s got a few people already, not sure whom though).

People in need of housing:
(Not sure who's got in with Bob yet, I'll have to talk to him/get you guys to fill me in)
Muzga (One of 6 Perthites)
Lord Bowser (One of 6 Perthites)
4 more perthites (Perthites need to be top priority - they're paying $500+ to be here!)
Redact
Leisha
e_alert
Atlasmist
Unreon
JELLYHEAD
DJ Browny (Unsure of attendance)

Additional Info:
Post airport landing times -> Scrubs will pick you guys up! What a champ.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Okay, well Ideally, it'd work out much better if the people who are meant to be staying with DJ, stay with Arrow instead, and Bob gets the Perthites.

idk, this is all up to Bob, because he is a super hero and it's up to him to figure out what he wants to do.

JELLYHEAD

Smash Cadet
People offering housing + Who they're housing:
Accelerate is housing: S.D, ComboTurtle
Arrow is housing: TakFR (Space for two more)
Vyse is housing: Shaya
undead_moose is housing: Spots for 2 (Max 3) – Has no transport and lives out of the way however. Bussing is completely plausible though.
DJ Cat is housing: (He’s got a few people already, not sure whom though).

People in need of housing:
(Not sure who's got in with Bob yet, I'll have to talk to him/get you guys to fill me in)
Muzga (One of 6 Perthites)
Lord Bowser (One of 6 Perthites)
4 more perthites (Perthites need to be top priority - they're paying $500+ to be here!)
Redact
Leisha
e_alert
Atlasmist
Unreon
JELLYHEAD
DJ Browny (Unsure of attendance)

Additional Info:
Post airport landing times -> Scrubs will pick you guys up! What a champ.
OMG Unreon I love Jason he's an awesome mega-person, we should totally figure out some way of getting housed together man

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Just so you guys are aware. I am very likely not going to come to this tournament. Richard (My brother) says he may be coming though and he should be able to give you guys a challenge in my absence.

I'll consider going if people decide to pay for me ;)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Corpse not coming = $ for Tibs and Chris. He's so kind! <3

Till Next time Corpse. I'll consider long haul OOS incentives for future tournaments.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
I have house 2-3 people, cept for Friday night! cause that's when I have to somehow celebrate my gf's bday... I can also pick homo's up from the Airport.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
sooo much tl experience up here nowdays @_@
probably not a good reason travelling cause you think you gonna win.. travel to see awesome people and have a good time.

yeah ill host the melee bros (jelly and jason) until they get a better offer

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Corpse not coming = $ for Tibs and Chris. He's so kind! <3

Till Next time Corpse. I'll consider long haul OOS incentives for future tournaments.
Yeah, if I come and I win then Jetstar gets all the money. It's better if someone from the smash community gets $$ :)

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Just noticed my name on the "needs housing" list, for the record there's an extremely high chance I won't be going, I definitely won't be going if I can't roadtrip with someone.

tibs7

Smash Champion
.....so bad, i think i may need housing due to lack of income :(
any takers?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Added this info to the front page. If you guys can't secure housing, this is some info on conveniently located accommodation. I'd suggest grabbing a room and piling tons of people into it to make it as cheap as possible.

Webberist said:
This one is a short walk to the stadium
Comfort Inn & Suites Robertson Gardens
281 Kessels Rd.
Robertson, Queensland, Australia 4109
http://www.choicehotels.com.au/hotels/hotel?hotel=AU242

This place is next to Garden City and is a 3km taxi ride to QSAC.
http://www.travelodge.com.au/locations/features.aspx?hid=770
18 MacGregor Street (Cnr Logan Road) Upper Mount Gravatt Brisbane QLD 4122
r: 1300 886 886
p: +61 7 3347 7400

e: tgcy@travelodge.com.au
f: +61 7 3347 7500

This one is across the road from Garden City - also about 3km to Taxi or walk
Garden City Motor Inn
Upper Mount Gravatt, Brisbane, Queensland
Telephone: (617) 3343 3655 Fax: (617) 3343 7237
http://www.gardencitymotorinn.com.au/index.htm

This one also appears to be next to Garden City.
Mt Gravatt Motel
1750 Logan Rd
Mt Gravatt
QLD, 4122
Australia
http://www.yellowpages.com.au/onlin...=11f0fed3596|776f8b8dde5364abf9b6b9bf2e595cc6

I have also approached Griffith University @ Nathan regarding their student accomodation but I am unsure if I will get a response.
The most important thing for you guys to do is to PM people and ask around. Don't rely on us to organise you for you, get communicating please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom