• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SQUAT V: Housing and Equipment Thread (DOING TV PICKUPS FRIDAY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muzga

Smash Ace
Sorry, dont mean to spam up this thread or anything but seriously this is important. if possible i want to avoid paying for accomodation and struggling to find my way around a new city:p
if anyone can help us, please tell us.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Guys this is important. If you can, there are 4 Perth guys that need housing. They get top priority from me because they're travelling so far to be here.

They're on the verge of booking accomodation, but if any of you can house them, please let me or Muzga know.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Ugh, I'd be happy to house but my GF's birthday's is just destroying all my plans >_>

Muzga

Smash Ace
Okay, my crew and i have decided to get accomodation at minto in brisbane, thats 61 gladstone rd, Highgate Hill.

Would anyone be able to pick us up from the airport and give us a ride there?
Also if anyone lives in the general area could someone give us a ride to/from the tournament?

MAD SQUAT HYPE!:D

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
anyone staying with me, pm details such as when you get here and when you leave.
dont remember who i am hosting again.. jellyhead, maybe unreon, tibs (not coming so i hear)
if tibs is not coming and unreon is fine with staying with jaz, i can host 2 more =P

Sieg

Smash Champion
I can bring TV's and Wii's and PS3's and sticks and my COMPUTER.

But I need a lift.

Anyone?

I'll give you gold.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
I'm pretty much certainly bringing two full setups (one wii, one gc) and one of those will have recording equipment set up with it for the whole tournament (this includes a headset for commentary if it's wanted). if we have enough space in the car then hugh may bring a setup of his own, but i doubt that.

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
I can easily bring a cube and a wii, with copies of melee and brawl. Have to get my memcard from djcat, still there from autumnsmash.
Can't bring any tv's though, all my tv's are too massive to take on the train.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
I can bring TV+Wii+Brawl if someone gives me a lift otherwise just Wii+Brawl unless i find some way of transporting a TV on my bike =P.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
DJ Cat and I are planning on doing a run of TV's on Friday. We're planning on going around to everyone who doesn't have a way of transporting TV's in Brisbane and taking them to the venue. So speak up now if you want your TV to be taken there.

The only thing I worry about with this plan is the taking them all back part, but I guess I'll have to talk to DJ Cat and JB about that.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Gotta figure it out first. I don't think that Bob's run will go all the way down to the coast, but I guess we'll see.

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
Dark and I will be bringing the following. x2 41 x 33 cm CRT television + x1 Wii + x2 GameCube + x2 copy of Melee + x2 spare controller if anybody needs one. Is there anything else we should bring that wemight have?

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
I'll be bringing a cube + melee, Also I have a wii but no brawl, lost it over a year ago... ill bring the wii to if someone has a spare copy of brawl? (My wii also has a mark on the side of it which makes it special <3, Zac was hitting it with a cricket bat =/.)

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
Are there any other games that are wanted at squat besides sf4, such as mario kart double dash etc...

tibs7

Smash Champion
keep that spot open arrow!!! =) i was planning on flying to gc stay over with someone on the friday, then on the saturday stay at yours, since its closerer..... then on sunday stay in gc again.
tibs = housingwhore

Muzga

Smash Ace
Hey guys. My group of 4 perthians would like a ride from the airport to where we're staying. Weve already booked accomodation. we just need a ride to and from the place were staying which is again 61 gladstone rd, Highgate Hill.
Our flight arrives on the 10th of december at 9 pm. We are flying with virgin blue.
Our other flight leaves on the 15th of december at 2 pm.

Also if possible lifts to or from the tournaments would be appreciated.
Were all free for any manner of meets on the 11th if any of you guys are interested. wed love to get to know some of you guys:D

Come on guys, Be cool

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
URGENT: Hey guys i just got word from DJCat that i can't get a ride from him from the Gold Coast Airport_ I know it's a little last minute, but if anyone is willing to pick me and my fiance up from the airport at 7am on wednesday morning (tomorrow 9/12/09) that would be ace_ There's fuel money and probably even breakfast involved if anyone is able to show us around a little etc before dropping us off nearby or at DJ's place_

I know it's a big ask but we would both appreciate it if someone went out of their way to help us out_ Alternatively we can just catch a cab there, given that DJ is home in the morning (still waiting to hear back)

EDIT: zzz forgot to add phone number 0458125849

unreon

Smash Ace
URGENT: Hey guys; it looks like my flight was cancelled. I had to move to an earlier flight, which is completely rushed and ridiculous.

In that sense, I'm currently set to catch a flight on Friday 11th December, arriving in Brissy at 3:05pm. Is anyone able to provide transport for me to whatever is happening on the day? This also means I need a place to stay - Arrow, is it okay if I stay over for another day?

I probably will want to have something to do as a timesink - what else is going on in Brissy guys? Otherwise I'll lock myself up to study for a 1500 word assignment I have to do.

If anyone can help out, please contact me:
0430 310 306
thecynicproject@gmail.com

(esp. Arrow? :))

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
yeah its fine to stay for another day
transport is mmm, if no one can help, i susgest train to the city.
there should be atleast some brisbane guys there in the arcade right?? lol
the catch 555 to hyperdome is easiest..

but yeah see if anyone can help transport ya first =P

Sieg

Smash Champion
Saturday night, something will happen, somewhere. I swear to god.

Also yay Unny! I would be there Friday, but I need to bring my comp up Saturday.

Hmmm, well I could be at the arcade after work, but that's like 6pm.

Should totally stay there until 6 so we can play some SF4 lol.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion

ionno.. sieg isn't going, booker and hotdogs and stiks might be going for some sf4?? ionno
if not you could just come over early =P the arcade would be top of myer centre or replay which is close to borders on the corner of elizibeth and adeliade street.. i think
the 555 bus stop is also on elizibeth street... i think i spelt it wrong but there aren't any other streets similar in the area =P

ok sieg is going... lol
zzz might even come to the city around 5 on the bus if you (unreon wanted help with bus or wanted to go to arcade for abit)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Unreon, my phone number is 0421829455.
If you get totally lost, give me a call and I'll do my best to guide you if Arrow's unavailable.

Also Arrow should get an award for being far too awesome for his own good.
This champ has been in overdrive =_=

EDIT: Unreon, the arcade they refer to is the Timezone (formerly a replay) near Borders. I know that isn't much help to you, but when we say arcade, that's what/where we mean.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
OI GUYS,

Right now I'm going to really push for TV's at SQUAT. I KNOW you guys have them, so make sure you BRING them. Ideally I'd like for there to be 20 TV's each day, and the only way for this to happen is for you guys to bring them.

Remember, $5 off one event for bringing a complete setup :)

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
Vyse - We'll be bringing 1 complete setup plus an additional Wii (sensor bar is screwed on it though) and maybe a second tv (depending on room in car)

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Can everyone (hotdogs and Vyse mainly) ignore all my messages I sent last night. I'm unable to make it afterall (yes, I'm utterly crazy).

Sorry to use this as a cop out but it's my bipolar, my moods are totally off the wall latley.

Have fun everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom