• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, OH - Nope's Monthly "M2k's Montage Moments" April 24th

Joemama8

Smash Journeyman
man who's that composer guy...... he can't even spell "the" right....

Also good **** shugo... and M2K, but you don't really need the congratulations lol jks.

Also fizzle, nice job man!

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
1: M2k ($140.00) :metaknight: Good job. I want to argue that Mario's not a joke character, but that comparison to Dan was pretty hilarious. Don't have a comeback.
2: Shugo ($63.00) :falco: / :metaknight: Really, really awesome Falco. I'd heard about you before, but it was cool meeting you. You should really come out to more events, I know the rest of the MW enjoys seeing you. Grats' on second.
3: Kel ($40.00) :metaknight: I didn't see too much of you this time, but I think I saw a good bit of your match against AZ. Good **** beating him for the first time in a while.
4: Judge ($23.00) :metaknight: You are a hilarious dude, Judge. Didn't get to see you play or play against you, but I'll have to in the future.
5: Anther ($11.00) :pikachu2: You have a scary Pikachu, Anther and are also a really cool dude. I don't think I can call any match I've seen of you boring and that's really something.
5: Infern ($11.00) :snake: Didn't talk to you so much.
7: L Cancel :olimar: Your Olimar's really cool and like most of the Michigan players I was around this weekend, you're also a cool person. So many psuedo-combos...it's scary. Who are the best five Olimar's of all time? L Cancel, L Cancel, L Cancel, L Cancel and L Cancel... because he spits hot fire (pikmin).
7: AlphaZealot :diddy: I saw that you also played some DK and I wonder how it's gotten. I'll have to play it again. I've still never gotten to play your Diddy, so I'll be playing you then.
9: Blue Rogue :wario: I really hate that you're the only Wario I ever see, either in pools or in bracket. I just can't do anything against you. Too good. Hope you had fun.
9: Fizzle :dedede: / :metaknight: / :lucario: I didn't see too much of you this time, I wanted to play against you before you left, but it slipped my mind when I was playing Brawl-. Awesome placing, you're a scary player.
9: Quivo (L: 0-2 in Losers) :toonlink: Thanks for some of the tips at the 'Fest Friday night. I started doing some of them when I played with Tink in bracket and more when I got back. Sucks that you lost to BR again, but it was cool to watch. I wish I'd had done better against you, though.
9: Wakka (L 1-2 in Winners) :diddy: I should have beaten you, Wakka. Close sets all around and I actually used a smart counterpick when I lost first match. I got too hasty to do the down air and the Kreggins combo cost me a signature win. Still, no johns, you're a really good player. It was fun hanging out with you during the weekend.
13: Champ :popo: / :falco: / :metaknight: I thought I'd end up doing better against you in pools. Guess not. Nice to see you come out, though.
13: DJIskabble :metaknight: Beef! Brawl- free-for-alls and teams were so much fun, I hope you and the group are at another one I'm at so we can do it again. That gun is pro.
13: Smash64 :snake: / :ness2: I never got to do doubles stuff with you 64, but those Mario dittos are way to pro. If you played him seriously, you'd be one of the best in the Midwest for sure. Still aren't better with him than me, though. :) You and Jiffy are the reason I've been playing with Ness more, though.
13: Suyon :pit: You always end up playing M2k somehow or another don't you? That sucks, still you're doing well. Keep it up, it seems like you're having more fun at these things now.
17: Mr. E :rob: ... For all the times I end up seeing you in Pools, one'd think that I'd have at least beaten you once. That's not the case, though. You're really good. Don't get too discouraged about doubles though.
17: Fonz :lucario: Thanks for the friendlies Saturday night, your Lucario and Ganon is too good. I look forward to playing you more seriously some time in the future. I need more Lucario experience and your Ganon is as good as advertised.
17: Sil :rob: Did you run into another MK? I saw your close set against L Cancel, though and it was very impressive, on both of your guy's parts. I hope you had fun and weren't too frustrated.
17: SneakyTako :rob: / :metaknight: Really, really fun matches in pools, though another big win escaped me at Norfair and Smashville. I hope you had fun.
17: Nope :snake: Thanks for hosting another great monthly, I had fun as per usual. I also need to play your Snake soon, too.
17: Moose :shiek: / :marth: Really fun doing doubles with you, Mr E, and SoulPech and your Marth/Snake is still pretty impressive. I didn't get to play against your Sheik, but hopefully you thought mine got better, lol. Still have some work.
17: WTP :kirby2: / :falco: / :dk2: Glad you came, I wish I was more impressive in our pools match than I was.
17: Jiffy :ness2: / :wario: Thanks for the friendlies, Jiffy and it was fun to hang out with you guys. I learned some stuff from playing your Ness and also from you giving me tips and pointers for mine. Your Wario's frustrating, at least for me. Then again, I'm pretty bad at the Wario MU. Don't sweat doubles too much, I can imagine teaming with M2k is mad stressful.
25: Kiest :dedede: You and your god**** Gordo button. Thanks for giving me and Sil a ride up to Springfield fro Columbus and sorry we took so long to get there, I wish we'd gotten there earlier, would have gotten more Tink help from Quivo.
25: Vamp (The Defender of Justice) :lucario: Fun Vanilla and Minus friendlies Friday night. Hope you and Fan had fun.
25: BanHammer :gw: The friendlies we did do were pretty fun and Brawl - shenanigans were all to pro. Just don't let my B- Mario chase you offstage... but you found out the hard way, I guess. Samus/Link are my secondaries in that, too.
25: Juu :mario2: / :toonlink: Kreggins Combo, Kreggins Combo, Kreggins Combo. You've got a small signature win by thrashing Tako's R.O.B. and surprised his MK on Norfair, even though you lost the set. Beat Wakka next time, seriously. Guess you impressed people with your Mario this time around, still, get used to that Classic Pro. Things can only get better from here.
25: Soul Pech :jigglypuff: Really fun matches all throughout the weekend and those friendly doubles were way too good. You've gotten better through your smashfests with Columbus people, that's for sure, I hope you can make it to more so you can get even more experience than you have now.

I always end up doing full shoutouts, don't I?

Also, for Nope: I didn't play Pit at all this tournament. I think AZ played DK in a tourney set, Wakka played Pokemon Trainer, Moose played Marth and Snake and I'm pretty sure Mr. E ran some DK here.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Sorry Juu, that was my bad on the Pit thing.

We counted characters that were used in bracket/actually did something (thus Shugo's Sonic wasn't mentioned even though he used it on M2K)

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
KB later this week sometime I guess. Also, come to the local tourney May 1st. I'm getting King Yoshi to host another Sunday house tourney on May 2nd as well, for MLG prep since this is the only MLG in Ohio that's coming up any time soon (cuz they might not have MLG next year and there might not be one in Ohio next year).

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
KB later this week sometime I guess. Also, come to the local tourney May 1st. I'm getting King Yoshi to host another Sunday house tourney on May 2nd as well, for MLG prep since this is the only MLG in Ohio that's coming up any time soon (cuz they might not have MLG next year and there might not be one in Ohio next year).
Ok sounds good. Shugo wants me to grab him on the way whenever I come over which is fine since he's close. I dunno about the tourney on the 2nd, I mean I can come but I'd have to leave early since I work early the next day, but I'll be at the tourney on the 1st for sure. I have some ideas I want you to try on Diddy.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
@L_Cancel I saw the bracket after you knocked me out and now realize that I was out of the money regardless. Be ready next time because their's no way I'm gonna drop another chaingrab.....against Olimar....on Lylat.....leading to a game 1 loss in a set I end up losing.....HIIIIIIIILT!

@Shugo After M2K trains you, I want you to train me.:laugh:
Seriously

@ Juu HOW DID WE FORGET TO PLAY??? I can't believe we both forgot / :
Just so you know, my Bowser's weakness is PT; just ask Argent. He'll tell you what went down....twice.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Good stuff all, I got to try a lot of my new tricks which I was excited about. Hopefully I can get them all inputted into my game by MLG.

Sorry to lazy for Shout-outs but good stuff Everyone.

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to try to make it to the next one on the 15th... which means that i want real ganon dittos this time fonz

Mr.E

Smash Lord
AZ quick on the draw putting up his own vids.

And people will start wanting to be your partner when you prove yourself in doubles
This is exactly the response I knew I'd get from someone. Frankly, I can't do anything if I'm never given a chance in the first place. When exactly do I "prove" myself? I haven't had a good and steady partner since Argent left me for BR entering the tourney scene. Me and Argent always did decently in the past (oddly enough, better our first few outings than later) and I've been hosed doubles-wise ever since, so what exactly am I supposed to do?

Excuse me for not being the greatest player ever, and not playing MK, but it's rather disheartening to have nine gazillion potential partners completely ignore my requests to team every ****ing tournament, even more so when most of them haven't exactly earned the right to use the "I'm out of your league" spiel but do it anyway. So whatever, guess I'll just save myself $10 every tourney by not entering doubles at all any more. It sucks but it's better than putting myself through that crap every tourney and then getting pooped on anyway. [insert scat joke]

Guess I'm just not good enough at the social aspect of Smash. :rolleyes: See: my posts in this thread. I just don't care. I mean, if I did, I wouldn't bother writing these tl;dr rants and posting them.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Good stuff all, I got to try a lot of my new tricks which I was excited about. Hopefully I can get them all inputted into my game by MLG.

Sorry to lazy for Shout-outs but good stuff Everyone.
Do tell.

@Mr.E The social aspect of brawl is easy. You should hang around longer at these tournies, you always step out too early. Btw we could have teamed if I knew Scribbz was gonna ditch me in for BR....even though I wouldn't have had enough money to fund my failure at the Golden Bowl.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Mr. E, you're good, idk why you have trouble finding a partner, it may be your aggressive approach to finding one, when you ask the smashers in the top 10 (who everyone wants to team with) and get ignored it makes others question the reliability of teaming with you when you ask them, but you're a solid player, don't let it get you down.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
@Mr.E The social aspect of brawl is easy.
Eh...I can be shy as **** sometimes, but I'm sure some of you have figured that out already. I have trouble speaking loud, clear, and fluent sometimes (I wasn't always so quiet though, mind you). So no it's not always easy for everyone. However when I do see people more and more and start to open up then I'm really the polar opposite of that...really confident/sarcastic/borderline cocky. It's weird to be both I know lol.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Some people are easier to open up to than others. You two just have that friendly vibe on you. Maybe I look too much into it all, I don't know. xD

clowsui

Smash Legend
King Beef and I are just constantly cocky to one another

and then when we get mad at something during the tourney we complain to one another LMAO

twisted relationships 2 good

Kel

Smash Master
Mystery, you pretty much have to prove yourself in singles or be close friends with a fellow smasher (and even then sometimes not). My policy is that I will enter doubles with someone when I think we can win the tournament together. I was told the EXACT same thing for years so I understand how you feel.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Mystery, you pretty much have to prove yourself in singles or be close friends with a fellow smasher (and even then sometimes not). My policy is that I will enter doubles with someone when I think we can win the tournament together. I was told the EXACT same thing for years so I understand how you feel.
^ This.

That being said, Kel, would you like to team for Nope's next monthly if we can both make it there and/or if Quivo and I aren't able to team again?

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
You prove yourself in doubles the same way you prove yourself in singles; by beating good people and placing in the money. Either one will get you more partner options. The short answer is, get better.

If you have a car you can drive people to tournaments and tell them you'll only give them a ride if they team with you.

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
If you plan to pick me up too KB, dont cuz i have a doctors appointment at 3 or 4 on thursday..so next time xD.

Top Bottom