• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic's Moveset Discussion + Acronyms List

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
and now that weve discovered you can spin cancel airials, i highly suggest spring canceling your airials as well. especially aginst bowser, nobody likes eating a fortress after getting an attack shielded

p.s. rooooys new sig is awesome

theres not much too it, its a pretty basic move by sonic standards...

use it, its good, dont rely on it.

also, you need a lot of fall room to autocancel it for some gay reason

infomon

Smash Scientist
Honestly, I think Fair is Sonic's best move. Racks up soooo much damage, especially on heavyweights. Great from below platforms, or dropping on people, and being defensive (use c-stick for Fair'ing while moving backwards ftw). Stupid landing lag stops this move from being broken, but it's not hard to work around.

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
also, you need a lot of fall room to autocancel it for some gay reason
yeah, I hate that about it since it has lots of lag if you land too fast.

but F-air is by far my favourite sonic attack since it's so versatile.

use it.

combo start with it.

follow up with it.

combo end with it.

it can do everything, and has decent knockback too. I've even used it as a KO move before when harder to hit with moves like b-air and f-smash aren't hitting.

did I mention it can wall of pain like a sonnofa*****?

f-air is god.

infomon

Smash Scientist
and hitting a forward air into a spincanceled spinshot is sexy as hell and is good for applying pressure
if they shield it you can posibly use invincibility to hit them through their counter attack
What's a spincanceled spinshot? Fair to spinshot anything sounds pretty hot, I never thought of that lol. Wait, what invincibility? Ohhhhhh, are you talking about just using side-B quick after the Fair? I didn't think that cancelled anything.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Everything about Fair has already been mentioned, it's too good excluding it's range and...yeah just pretty much range since "aerial" priority IS range.

Tenki

Smash Hero
You can DI out of it.

DI traps are nice below the stage- if you use early F-airs so only the last few hits make it, then your opponent might get launched out before he completes SDIing out, and get launched into the stage. Or if he DI's out, you can sometimes double jump and footstool.

other than that, I only really use it for disruption damage because it's generally hard to get all the hits to land (especially when you're trying to space it to start before opponent attack starts), and the DI / non-sweetspot issue.

Tenki

Smash Hero
boxcancelling is basically using a side-B charge after finishing an aerial (there is alot of space after U-air and F-air) so you can SDJ, shield cancel, or spinshot as soon as you hit the floor. and boxobair is b-air under boxob's use.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Here's some delicious noob sauce question you guys can add to your steak

Fair was originally thought that it had reflecting properties (could reflect projectiles and stuff) I'm 99% sure it can't but can someone confirm this for me?

Which part of Sonic's body determines where an opponent is launched on the final hit of Fair? I sometimes accidently hit someone with a Fair and they end up going straight behind me instead of infront

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Fair

Damage: 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 4% 14% total

The last spin at the tip of Sonic's head has the knock back. Comes out fast and has good damage. If the opponent ends at Sonic's body (roughly) they'll be free easier and go the other way.
My answer in yellow.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Basically works the same way as fsmash.
Whole body is a hitbox. If the opponent ends up like on your body all up in your grill or just slightly behind you they'll be launched backwards.

The reflection thing is interesting though, I don't know how it works. I've reflected auraspheres with it. Regardless, a SH fair is a pretty good way to eat projectiles without taking damage (Zamus' Stun Gun for example)

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Yeah I know, I've seen quite a few multi-hit moves reflect it, not just Sonic's fair.
I doubt there's any other reflectable projectiles like that though.

Boxob

Smash Champion
Boxob cannot wait to get home to make actual posts.

jdskdskvf.

Boxdive is dair to bair frm really high up and hits

Spinshot to ff bair is boxcutter you ****ing scrubs.

:093:

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Oohh Sonic's gloves have a pretty cool texture, I want gloves like those =/

And umm yea, lets try to refrain from speaking Boxonese.

Bair is awesome. It is rather disjointed, and it has more range than it might seem at first sight. Sow startup, but it has virtually no ending lag upon landing.

RARing Bairs is too good.

Running off the stage into Bair stagespike is too good.

At low percentages, SHFF Bair, then run and grab opponent. Also viable at higher percentages if you're opponent uses bad DI. why SHFF Bairs when you'r opponents are spamming dtilts or somethnig with Downwards DI, too good.

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
b-air is such a lovely creature.

so satisfying to b-air some one after a spring jump or a spin dash combo.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Bair is too good, even without all the Box techniques.

It may have a lot of start-up lag, but it isn't Sonic's 3rd best K.O. move for nothing.

The hitbox is disjointed at his body.

Using it as a retreat/approach is just dandy, when can you NOT use it?

I've sent people the opposite way, it has funky stuff just like Fair does.

Falcon Kick >= Sonic's Bair.

That's all I can come up with, other than this.

They are crazy.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I'm pretty particular about wording.
It's Sonic's 3rd strongest KO move, in knockback terms.
I'd say it's 2nd best, it's more applicable in a lot of situations than dsmash.

Top Bottom