• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic's Moveset Discussion + Acronyms List

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Roy, if I C&P the OP, add colours, all the hix box data and frame rate. Will you edit the OP?

Tenki

Smash Hero
The frame the spring is created on must not be invincible, but I'm pretty confident that the few frames immediately after are. I've had consistent success with not getting hit.
yes

whenever I brought it up, I mentioned that Sonic is invincible from the point he jumps off the spring

loltrickywords

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
So, whatever happened to us thinking that the Spring was able to be ledge canceled at a certain height but still drop the spring? I've been messing with it and still can't find it...is it 4 realz or what?

I'll keep trying though...I have other things to work on too so I might as well :o

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Oh it DOESN'T drop the spring?

Hm...well, I would LOVE to see a clip of it...

If I ever do it in my little experimentation, I'm saving it and uploading it >_>

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
it's tough. I personally haven't recreated it (but I've done it twice) and Tenki is the only other person I know to have accomplished it.

infomon

Smash Scientist
I think I've done this a couple times..... it seems virtually indistinguishable from just grabbing the ledge, except you're sure you input an up-B in there, and maybe heard the spring noise (don't know if I recall that for sure).

OTOH I might not've actually done it lol.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
I'm just trying to figure out how viable this is IRL or if it's just wifi fun and if it's something to consider in these scenarios:

1) Opponent is aerial rushing (they have to really commit)

2) Opponent is falling down and either attempts to attack you or air dodge

3) You miss initial throw/tilt > spring > star ko attempt and land in time to throw another spring out

Remember that like anything using it too much would be way too obvious.

go to 1:05... I miss but yeah if I waited I think I would have had him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA_k5F4tewI

and just another vid from today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDdkW4E4bjg

I haven't been playing regularly, but no excuses, Brawl doesn't require too much muscle memory so feel free to critique me.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I did a useful spring once in a match against Ike offline. I was on like 110% against an Ike. Spring => daired, then the Ike tried to ftilt me as I was landing. I just springed as soon as I hit the floor, as soon as he tried to ftilt me, he hit me during the invincy frames of spring. I came.

Yeah, it's not too practical, but it's worth taking into account but not completely relying on.

Chis, it's ok I'll do stuff, I've just got through a roadblock of college work so I'm going to be on here more now.

infomon

Smash Scientist
One of the most ridiculously impractical but flashy things Sonic can do to gimp an opponent:

Spring > Dair (to get into position) > Footstool (like an actual footstool that gimps them) ( > possible edgehog)

I've only managed to do this once but it was soo awesome lol.

That is all.

:054:

Roxas1988

Smash Journeyman
Yes i believe the jab lock to be the sexiest lookin move in sonics arsenal after the bair. But come on its sonic so whats not to like. and hyphen smash set ups are better used for edgeguarding.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It doesn't need to be closed until it gets to the point where this topic only comes back on the first page because of a severe cause of necro-posting or spam/off-topicness.

I say keep it here until then.

D

Deleted member

I personally wish that Sonic's special moves were better and had more variety. However, he is still a generally good character to play with and is my most used character.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
This makes me miss ROOOOY!

V_V

Top Bottom