• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-----Sonic Underground: New Tiny stinky teaser realeased!-----

Tenki

Smash Hero
No, not really, but you all should try it some time.

If there's no low ceiling to hold you down (eg, non-luigi's mansion level), you can try a simple spring cancelled combo by setting up a grounded spring, landing (probably lagless D-air), then jumping into it while doing an aerial, then instantly doing one of these:
- hitting down A (buffers instant D-air on spring)
- doing an aerial immediately (only if you knock your opponent upwards)
- buffering a double jump>aerial as soon as you hit the spring (this lets you chase your opponent at a normal height instead of flying too high)

Boxob

Smash Champion
No, not really, but you all should try it some time.

If there's no low ceiling to hold you down (eg, non-luigi's mansion level), you can try a simple spring cancelled combo by setting up a grounded spring, landing (probably lagless D-air), then jumping into it while doing an aerial, then instantly doing one of these:
- hitting down A (buffers instant D-air on spring)
- doing an aerial immediately (only if you knock your opponent upwards)
- buffering a double jump>aerial as soon as you hit the spring (this lets you chase your opponent at a normal height instead of flying too high)
That's sexy. So much so that I won't bother giving it a Box-name.

Maybe tomorrow when I'm not feeling so lazy.

:093:

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
I have a replay on doing a two hit combo.

the kid and I were just messing around before class, then we got into the brawl no combo debate, then I just popped it off.

he was like whhhahahhehehahheheheheh

I can do it semi consistently.

on luigi's mansion btw, you can kind of get a "lock" on them, depend on char, and %. if they can't tech, its even better.

Tenki

Smash Hero
^ yay spring cancelled combos :d
-------------------
well, considering how on Luigi's Mansion, you can use the ceiling to keep you floating by the ceiling and doing aerials, there are two moves that come to mind with a similar effect:
- Great Aether
- Omnislash.

Omnibox.

but only in Luigi's Mansion.

The open-space one is too different though =/

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
you have to realize your oppertunities. I bstick, so it gives me an easier time when i feel like i have one.

it goes back to spacing, if you know you opponent uses laggy moves w/o auto canceling, then you can space the spring to be right to him, then do it up. timing takes time, but once you land a few they feel SO GOOD.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Nap, I just sent you a vid of Tenki and I. I was the black sonic.
Also, another video against a fox. Grab release kill out of his illusion. very sexy.

Tenki

Smash Hero
It's the placement that makes it rare :/

lol plant a spring, but will your opponent run at you? D;

also, it's hard on wifi so I doubt anyone'll get clips of it, at least not from the matches that people are setting up, considering that a bunch of people can't visualize it.

Tenki

Smash Hero
that'd be an aerial spring- they fall to the floor.

unless we're talking about different things, I thought spring-cancelled aerials/combos required a grounded spring first?

Tenki

Smash Hero
I think we might be talking about different moves D;

What I was talking about was using a planted spring to cancel your aerials to flow into each other.

If you spring out of grounded spindash, it does an instant aerial-spring, since hitting [up] in SDR makes you jump.

=|

Tenki

Smash Hero
oh, yeah.

okay.

also, do you usually land first? Whenever I did SCA combos, I'd land first, so I could chase with double jump and/or specials out of it.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
oh, yeah.

okay.

also, do you usually land first? Whenever I did SCA combos, I'd land first, so I could chase with double jump and/or specials out of it.
I'm guessing you'd have to land. Unless you're playing on "Luigi's Crib".

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
yeah, or if you could follow up with an ASC > AS > Dair > GS > Dair back on Spring, depending on what your opponent does/is doing

but yeah have to land at one point

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
is itdone yet?
25/9/08

Haha, well I had said before I'd keep you guys updated with tiny snippets of the project as I project. I need you guyz' help, and thus I can't let the enthusiasm die =P.

The full trailer will be about two minutes long(expect this in less than 2 weeks). Final Project is an estimated 10. =P

@Boxob:
I don't know da K.I.D. :/

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
ASC hits midair > shield cancel > up-b out of shield

Yes?
Hmm...interesting...I've watched a couple of Anthinius's videos and he had a couple where he set up people to land on his spring for crazy u-air kills. This could still work though at low %'s to rack up damage I bet.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Oh noes 2nd page!?! Bump!

Hey Nap, in the combo vid, could make my name "TheCatinTheHat" as opposed to "thecatinthehat"

My tag was originally supposed to be spelled with capitals.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Hey Napi, my friend might let my borrow his capture card tomm. so instead of sending stuff to you via WiFi, I can edit the good parts my self and just send you all the clips. It would prob. make things a lot easier for you.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Sorry guys, school is hectic right now, as is my life in general, not to mention that I've been practicing for the upcoming tourney when I do get free time in the weekends. I think anyone who's played me recently has noticed that I've gotten notably better in basics such as reading, spacing, tech chasing, unpredictability and overall awesomeness =P. If I want to stand a chance at my first tourney when I've only been playing smash seriously and in an educated manner for a few months, against people who are much more experienced, then Imma have to practice alot XD.

But rest assured I am working on it, and as always, I'm going for quality; I don't want to release an average video just to get it out soon. I work on it mostly when I get free time at school and not busy with other stuff. Once all of my midterms are over I can breathe =P

EDIT:

Cam, you have no clue how much I would appreciate that, thanks. Anyone who could get their vids in computer video format on their own would have my gratefulness, as that way I wouldn't have to wait till the weekend to convert new replays.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Hey, don't worry about it Nape, take your time. We all have real lives to live and our own personal problems. Yeah, I figured it would be hard for you to sift through all the replays, then upload, then edit, so I'm trying my best to find ways to do that on my own.

Also, good luck at your tournament comin' up, glad the training is going well.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Well.....I have my DVD recorder up and running. It actually did work that day I was "recording" with Boxob's l-cancel.

It's easy for me to just rip the recorded DVD to my PC.

So anyone who has replays......I can upload them to Nap for you.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Dag yo, three replys in 2 mins XD.

you don't have anything of me.

this will never be finished until i tape a quadruple spring aerial combo
And yes, I need you in this vid memphis.

I feel glad that I feel I'm actually doing stuff good enough so I can actually feature myself too in this combo vid, Lulz.

And dude ElGatoEnElGorro(TheCatinTheHat), I aprreciate that tons as well XD

Tenki

Smash Hero
Napilopez, I have some clips that I want youtube lol, can you record them if I give you my wii number? XD

Top Bottom