• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-----Sonic Underground: New Tiny stinky teaser realeased!-----

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Sonic Underground
A Community Combo Vid

The title says the essence of what I'm about to post.

I am planning to make a "combo video"(we all know there aren't so many true combos in brawl, but I digress) of Sonic mains and skilled players. I am planning this project as a fun thing to do, and a challenge to my own editing skills, but I also want to raise awareness of what Sonic as a character can do, and what this part of the community has to offer in the competitive scene.

Even if Sonic ends up forever in low tier, he can have the coolest smash combo vid, ever, which makes him insta god tier.​

my background
I am only 17, yet I have quite a few years on me of video editing and post-production experience. Right now I am at a level where I am perfectly comfortable beginning a career in video post-production, even if at a limited level. Although there is still quite a lot in which I can improve on I tend to learn quite a lot as I go anyways. Besides, I'm pretty sure my editing abilities are quite higher than the grand majority of smash combo vids out there(no offense to anyone), so you can rest assured it will be quite cool.

But a picture's worth a thousand words, so a youtube video is worth... about 24 pictures per second, which is a lot of words =P

You don't have to watch them all, just click on a couple to get an idea of what I can do. Just please watch all applicable in high quality.

School History Project intro from almost two years ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI0S3xmVePU

Counter Strike school project intro I made for a friend a year and a half ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsTNbhXYt3E

Biology Final project, a parody of America's Next Top Model(some photoshopping too =p):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyMqBUweBiQ

Feel free to check out any other vids on my page.

Those were all made with strict time constraints. Some parts were clearly done more lazily than others. I assure you that with an adequate amount of time, I can provide the Sonic community with something much more professional than those past clips.

the plan
The plan thus far is to collect what YOU as a community believe to be some of the best Sonic combos and some of the moments of purest ownage out there. Although I will be doing the editing, I want this to be as much of a community project as possible. I want you as a community to select those best clips, the music you like, funny sonic bloopers, etc.

You propose, I compose.
what we need
I want you guys to suggest for me:

• the ownage clips
  • the music
  • the duration of the video
  • the instalulz/bloopers
  • the other stuff I haven't thought about

I want this video to showcase true skill against skilled players. Unless its a truly outstanding combo, or ridiculously funny, I don't want to see you uair juggling CPUs or noobs for three minutes who never airdodge or DI. It would be especially satisfying if you could include matches with awesomeness against higher tier characters the likes of Snake or MK. Also, some of the vids, if not most of them, should showcase Sonic's potential as a character, and adequate use of his standard and advanced techniques and mindgames.

Anyone ever pull of a full ASC combo in a match?
Jab locked an opponent to death(calling you out _X_)?
Barely dodged an opponent and then killed with a retreating fsmash?(-_- Tenki did that to me)
Spring to Uair is getting old, but still awesome.
Mindgamed a homing attack or fsmash?

I want to see AWESOMENESS.

Also, I would like suggestions for some good Sonic related music, as well as other non-related music that would be adequate for an upbeat video and a blooper section.

the process
I moved into college a couple of weeks ago, and don't have my own computer right now. I should be getting one soon enough. I am a college student, and as such I won't always have time for this. This could take several months, it could take less than one. We'll see how it works out. I can assure though that I will do all within my power to get this out. I am more concerned with the quality of this than how long it takes to get it out. After all, brawl is still a relatively new game, and its not going anywhere anytime soon.

As of now, because I don't have a computer and it will be a pain to chat with a lot of people on my cellphone, I would like all suggestions to be placed strictly in this thread and/or sent through private messages. If you already have my email address however, or would seriously like to contribute by speaking with me before I get my computer, just hit me up.

If possible, I would like to get the suggested videos in their original(non super-youtube-compressed form). The video will be posted on youtube, but I would like higher quality clips so that the quality is does not downgrade even more when posted on youtube. High quality and higher framerate would also be helpful so that there is little or no blurriness if I feel like zooming in on the video, or slowing it down for certain clips.

summary and final thoughts
This is your video. Start looking for clips , or start suggesting those you already like. If you find some on youtube, try to get the original higher quality ones. Listen to music and synchronize it in your head with some sonic clips, and imagine what songs would go well with the clips. Or even better yet: Make your own super cool Sonic moments happen, improve his metagame while we work on this. Funny vids are welcome as well, as I plan on having a bloopers section. I plan on releasing a 1 or two minute teaser somewhere about halfway through the project. For those of you concerned about too much editing ruining the essence of the skill of the player, I plan on releasing a very lightly edited or non edited version as well. If you have any abilities to contribute, let me know!

Just leave the rest to me.

This was all melodramatic and very long, but are you willing to help?

Who's in?

Boxob

Smash Champion
I'm actually working on something like this right now. It currently has only puffball64 and my Sonic in it. Is anyone interested in contributing footage?
You should use some stuff from the SonicLucario vs Boxob ditto ;D

Or you can let me send footage to you, that I sent you a long long long time ago that you said you'd upload for me and didn't </3

:093:

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
i've had some really enthralling pt matches from this bloke on wifi. i'll record some next time i can :)

infomon

Smash Scientist
lol sounds like a fun project, can't wait to see what you (we?) come up with.

Hopefully I'll get good enough with Sonic so that I can contribute something :psycho:

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I love Sonic music... I can give you some great ideas right off the top of my head.

Green Hill Zone (just kidding lol)
The Doomsday (Sonic & knucklez)
Sonic 3 Final Boss (Sonic 3)
Death Ruins (Shadow the Hedgehog)
Air Fleet (Shadow the Hedgehog)
Westopolis (Shadow the Hedgehog... u know, that game mighta sucked, but it had a great soundtrack)
Pyramid Cave (SA2)

i'm a stop here.... i can feel myself getting carried away...

Of course, the actual selection would have to be made based on the content

Browny

Smash Hater
yep ill definitely give you some of my footage.
ive only got mostly silly stuff (like nair -> aaa a wolf off the stage who proceeds to nair and fall to his death for a 5 second KO :p) but im sure it would look good. ill try convince my brother to let me get more footage of our matches, he really hates it when i upload times where i beat him :D

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Can I suggest Ska?

It's upbeat, it's a little different, I've never heard it used in a combo vid.

"1234" by Streetlight Manifesto could fit really well.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I'd laugh if at one point in the vid, you used the "You're too slow" Sparta remix. Mmm maybe in the credits.

I have cool moves that won't ever make it on video lol, I can try to tell you guys how to do them though lol.

I am the king of mindgaming fsmashes. Ask Tenki. :)
Seriously, his F-smash just like... pulls you in.
I've tried imitating his technique, but I just can't do it to the same effect.
I've asked alot of people he's played and they all agree that it has some kind of pulling effect. It's weird. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the spinning hand and hypnotism.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
TITLES!

Thanks Umby for reminding me, we need to come up with a title for this thing. Like he said, something not too cliche. But still cool sounding. I will edit the original post with top title suggestions once I get enough.

My first suggestion is "Sonic Underground". Nothing too special but it reminds me of a counterstrike video series called "the underground" where it was a showcase of community players who weren't necessarily well-known. And also thats the name of an old Sonic TV show =P

What can you guys come up with?

I'd laugh if at one point in the vid, you used the "You're too slow" Sparta remix. Mmm maybe in the credits.
Ha, it would be funny if I had an entire 30 second or so dedicated to Sonic simply doing some type of mindgaming or lulz using his speed =P

R4ZE

Smash Ace
"I fight for my steak" ?

"Blue Steel" ?

"Blue ****"

btw giez, i officially want to name ASC > Fair "The Grand Vulture"
thx. peece

EDIT: for music, i recomend looking into the video game remix community, finding a really sick track. I have a couple.. but.. you know do that if you wanna stick sonic themed. otherwise i would say.. in flames. lol oh SLAYER!!haha it would fit a sonic combo vid perfectly.

seriously tho.. it depends on what kinda vid u want it to be... if u want fast rocking music (which i think suits sonic) then listen to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mukQX22Has
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrSkhiKPFyk

see what u think

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Haha I watched that show all the time back when I lived in DR. I actually liked the theme song! Or at least in Spanish, when I was 11, hehe. Its better than most cartoons' theme songs anyways -_-.

Theeyy maaddeeea a voowwww theeeiirrrr motthherrrr willll beee founndddd

Jurarronnn que aaa suuu maddrreee enconntrraaraannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

EDIT:

As far as music goes, I'd like the music to not be heavy on curse words and such, since I'll have younger family members wanting to see.

Do it for the kiddies! =P

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
LOL best....show....evahr?
It's the worse of the four Sonic cartoon series...

but I still love it.

Anyways...

I propose Green Hills Zone. That's right, you heard me, Green HILLS Zone, the Music from Sonic the Hedgehog on the Game Gear.

It's also the Sonic Warrior theme for JP Sonic CD. It's a good one.

I feel that we should use the good Sonic songs that go underrated due to being underused. It would be awesome. Examples could be:

-Biolizard Theme Song (Can't remember the name. Remix would probably be better)
-Sonic vs. Knuckles Theme from Sonic the Fighters
-Sunset Hill Zone
-Chemical Hill Zone Remix
-Vela Nova
-Moon Zone
-Crazy Gadget??? (Feels overrated at second thought)
-Egg Viper Boss Fight Song
-Chaos 6 Theme
-Sonic vs. Shadow Final Boss Theme
-Anything from Sonic CD

I can go on forever...

As for the title...

I'm Too Fast!!

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Haha I kinda like I'm too fast.

The subtitle is basic: A Community Combo Vid. Or "A Sonic Community Combo Vid" if the title doesn't have Sonic in it.

So thus far:

Sonic Underground:
A Community Combo Vid

I'm too fast!
A Sonic Community Combo Vid

Blue Steel:
A Sonic community combo Vid

More suggestions?

Also, for anyone here with photoshopping skillz or something, would you like to contribute? Maybe make some cool wallpaper or something.

One thing I would like is a kind of template for which to put the players name for each part of the clip. I might just go simple and use plain text only, but it would be cool if someone could make a nice template.

An example of what I mean can be seen in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5abfwkXAuY

See how their names load up? I want everyone to be fully featured and credited. Some suggestions though: don't make the template too large, as it will cove the percentages. If you want to make a large template, or something that spans the entire horizantal bottom length of the video, make sure it is transparent enough so the percentages can be seen, or the characters incase they drop low enough in the screen. I'm not sure how a top of the screen template would look, but it could be cool. Again though, I might just go with plain text for minimalism.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i like the first title.
and use this song from SA1 its a sonic song but it will also appeal to people that dont necessarily like sonic music... even if it isnt specifically about him. but i can see the combos in my mind melding perfectly with these 2 songs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2JdhcZQT3I
and if it is going to be a longer video, we dont have to use whole songs... maybe like 30 to 90 secs. of our favorites i especially like the part at 45secs in this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF726gXNNmE

R4ZE

Smash Ace
Dude. biolizard's theme song is called "supporting me" and that song pwnz.

pumpkin hill is a pretty sweet song. idk its gona be ruff for us to agree on music, maybe we should just let the maker decide lol

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
Dude. biolizard's theme song is called "supporting me" and that song pwnz.
that song does pwn..

i think we need to make a poll on this or start suggesting songs but provide link so everyone can hear them

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Well I'm just looking for music options, and from there I'll listen and make my own inferences.
And yes K.I.D it will be a longer video. Right now I'm thinking 9-10 minutes total, depending on how much good footage I get. So snippets of various songs would definately be viable.

I think we have an ample selection of Sonic music, and keep the suggestions coming, but what about non Sonic songs? As in more popular music? I can think of some linkin park songs I'd like out of my head. But maybe just because I've used those for counter strike vids.

I'm thinking of using parts of PPR:Kut (Papercut remix from the Reanimation album), it has a nice fast tempo and goodness to it.

EDIT:

Also, even though like 90% of sonic combo vids use it, I want to use some version of "his world". I was thinking perhaps the instrumental for the intro sequence/trailer.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Please do suggest, thanx for the link.
You're welcome. Suggestions:

~Escape from the city (SA2)
~Ungravity (Sonic riders: Zero gravity)
~No way through (Sonic and the secret rings)
~Key the ruin (SA2)
~Supporting me (SA2)

Non Sonic related music:
~Unretrofied (Drillinger Escape Plan)

EDIT: Title? Smashboards Zone?

Top Bottom