• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Tournament Results CHANGING THIS TITLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ant-14

Smash Rookie
yea i main sonic as well and i do think some of the new comers our a little cheap but heh cant complain we didint make the game

Browny

Smash Hater
Theres more than 3 lol. got another one in melbourne, and just maybe i convinced someone here to start using sonic, he should be able to place top 8 or even 4 regularly :p

___X___

Smash Lord
all you sonics suckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!! oh and i might be coming down to AZ if i don't get caught by teh coppers again lol! so i can own all you Shawnik nubs

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
...Okay, whatever makes ya feel better...

*psst* I think jail got to him, he's insane, imaginating himself up some random scrubs so he can feel good or something.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Nixernator, you do have a pretty good sonic yourself, your spin shot was pretty good and threw me off at first, problem was you became too predictable towards the end of the match.
Oh god ever since Kinzer taught me how to spinshot properly I use it all the time. Wub you Kinzer <3
Yeah its hard to not get predictable I find, I dunno if its just me or what.
Edit: Also I lol'd at the title

___X___

Smash Lord
...Okay, whatever makes ya feel better...

*psst* I think jail got to him, he's insane, imaginating himself up some random scrubs so he can feel good or something.
im not insane im not insanneeeee. (ha ha ha ha)
im not insane im not.... not insane

COME BACK TO ME ITS ALMOST EASYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

Meh.... >_>

I'm not even gonna say it again
<-------------Check it....

But yeah, depending on where you are _X_ I'm all for going a match with you. =D
oh can't wait to show you how a real sonic mainer fights!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
So I thought this could use a bump.

First off, X there's going to be a tourney down in Phoenix sometime on June (I think it was the 21st), if you're reading this, make a post and let me know if you're interested and I can give you a little bit more refined detail.

Next, I went to another weekly here in Vegas, here are my results.

Vegas Smash Pnt Weekly # 44 Singles
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=4727
April 6th, 2009
Out of 32:
17th - Kinzer (Sonic)

That was singles, now if you care enough to look for my doubles performance (which was sadly my best yet lol)

Vegas Smash Pnt Weekly # 44 Doubles
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=4726
April 6th, 2009
Out of 15:
7th - Jester & Kinzer (Ike & Sonic)

My partner Jester played all Ike, of course I went all Sonic, so get rid of any doubts/confusion there. He tried to play Toon Link a couple of times, but since we lost those matches I didn't bother to put them down. Finally this is what happens when I get a partner that is just as good as me (maybe) and not such a GD scrub! Even if we only did play 3 sets, it was still fun to mess around, and I've come to find a liking to play Zero Suits... armor pieces are too good. He was also pretty decent, I don't know how it worked out but I guess all I did was just put my focus on one person, build up damage, and let him do his own thing. Team combos were actually pretty F'ing awesome to where I made opponents have no choice but to fall onto Jester's attacks.

As for my singles performance, you people need to step it up! If I can beat a LOLimar who just pivot grabs, rolls around, spams smash attacks, and Pikmin toss, so can you! Those tools alone should be able to destroy Sonic, but all it took was just some prediction/reading and even if it took all that I had, I still managed to beat him. One by one I'm taking care of Sonic's supposed worst matchups and one by one taking everybody in Vegas down and doing it while I'm ballin' on low tires!

I was surprised honestly, supposedly this LOLimar player is suppose to be one of the best in Vegas, but sadly he makes the same common mistakes that newbies make.... This is why I hate LOLimar, he can let people get away with this crap, and I was sad to figure out that I was the only person to take him down that wasn't the same person who sent me to loser's after I was done with the LOLimar. Apparently only Sonic still has the speed to keep up, get around, and take Olimar down... or I was the only other person who could still keep track of what it took to beat him and do it... *sigh* It took so much just to do that with Sonic, but I'm still happy I did, and before any of you tell me to consider a better main, you can go suck it and I'll stay Sonic for life, continuing to defy matchup disadvantages!

TBH, I was more depressed about how this guy in losers counterpicked my Sonic with none other than the dreaded... that's right... DOWN TILTS Z'OMG!!! This guy here, he was gaying me up, spamming up that broken shizz and killing me and making me sadface here. :(

Eh but seriously I just made another dumb CP, trying to take Kirby to Corneria and I honestly end up getting wall-infinited by his DTilt... *Sigh* That's the last time I do take Kirby there BTW, from now on I'm going to Frigate Orpheon, no more gambling with Kirby's lightweight.

As for my next set in winner's, it was Zee, if you've ever heard of him, he's suppose to be the Anther of the West Coast (sorry for the namedrop), and he's really good, no lie. I guess I need a little bit more time and more Pikachu matchup experience, because he was honestly CGing me with Down-Throw like I was playing Fox... good thing he only got 30% from that, and I apparently need to work on my SDI.

Screw secondaries, I don't need them if I can do a last-stand with a lone Werehog, err...- I mean Sonic.

Edity: ujgnseajmoaeig;maiounguabikjnjnrgbuyjh

West Coast is now the best coast.

I can't keep up with how many regionals/national tourneys there are going to be, with the now just discovered evo 2K9 on AiB (don't worry, it's all standard ruleset).

http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=80952&page=1

Vegas has this, Norcal has Genesis, and Phoenix has... some other tourney I heard of... This shizz is too good not to attend, I am going to pester you all that can to come to all this stuff, and even meet me in Vegas if you're still around after Genesis and proceed to make the trip to Phoenix. I'm going to be so busy this summer! :D

Oh God somebody HAS to make a post and say something, seriously.

Espy I'm also calling you out on this, if you can't make it to Genesis, S.I.N., or even Evo 2K9, you need to come down to this business in Arizona, it's only two states away from TX and you have little reason not to show up. :p

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
3rd out of 10 at my own freaking tourney. What gives with third all the time? I have taken third at so many freaking tournies now.

MWCE regionals is coming up this weekend. Probly about 100 peeps at this one. I'm gonna do awesome at that.

The main person I'm worried about is Shugo... freakin beast.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Espy I'm also calling you out on this, if you can't make it to Genesis, S.I.N., or even Evo 2K9, you need to come down to this business in Arizona, it's only two states away from TX and you have little reason not to show up. :p
Wait, what's going on in Arizona?

I'll try, but I'll probably be broke after WHOBO.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Copied and pasted right from the Vegassmash thread, unless you have an account on the website, you can't view threads, so you'll just have to take my word for this:

Last Updated: April 6th, 2009

Thread title: DEVASTATION 2009 : June 19th-21st : $10,000.00 in Prize Pots

DEVASTATION is back again for its fifth year and we are bigger and better than ever! To celebrate this anniversary we are blowing the roof off for our players and posting guaranteed pots for tournament games. We have $10,000.00 in Guaranteed Prizes up for grabs so far!

The guaranteed prize titles announced at this point:
- $2,000.00 for STREET FIGHTER IV
- $2,000.00 for GUILTY GEAR XX ACCENT CORE
- $2,000.00 for SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL
- $2,000.00 for TEKKEN 6
- $2,000.00 for GUITAR HERO WORLD TOUR

We would like to thank these Supporters for their contributions to the prize pots:
Big Boys & Their Toys
Castles N' Coasters
The Temple Arcade

In addition to the HUGE payouts we are proud to partner with the Big Boys & Their Toys Expo to cover our expo area this year. Registered players will have access to over 160,000 square feet of expo space adjoining the DEVASTATION event floor.

All registered players will receive a free DEVASTATION shirt, custom badge and lanyards, raffle ticket and more; you even get to choose the custom badge online from over 18 options! Click "Add to Cart" on one of the games in the registration section and you will see the badges available this year.

A portion of all proceeds, including the raffle and other fundraisers will go towards Off Campus Jams, a not-for-profit organization that maintains foster home communities and programs for children under eighteen. So not only are you able to attend an awesome Event, but also help out an extraordinary cause at the same time.

What:
DEVASTATION 2009
http://www.devastationevent.com
Check out the website for all these details and more

When is it:
Friday, June 19th - Sunday, June 21st 2009

Where is it at:
Phoenix Convention Center, South Building
100 North 3rd Street Phoenix, Arizona 85004 USA

Hotel Arrangements:
Hyatt Regency Phoenix
122 North Second Street Phoenix, Arizona 85004 USA
The hotel is across the street from the Convention Center where we are holding DEVASTATION - it is a short walk if you stay here
We have a Group Rate under DEVASTATION, go to our Hotel Page: http://www.devastationevent.com/hotel

Tournament Games List:
- Madden NFL 09
- Street Fighter IV, $2,000.00 Guaranteed Pot Announced
- Marvel vs Capcom 2
- SoulCalibur IV
- Tatsunoko vs Capcom
- Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2
- Guilty Gear XX Accent Core, $2,000.00 Guaranteed Pot Announced
- Super Smash Brothers Brawl (Singles), $2,000.00 Guaranteed Pot Announced
- Super Smash Brothers Brawl (Doubles)
- Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
- Tekken 6, $2,000.00 Guaranteed Pot Announced
- Guitar Hero World Tour, $2,000.00 Guaranteed Pot Announced
- Gears of War 2 (Wingman 2v2 and Warzone 4v4 events)
- Street Fighter III: Third Strike (3v3)
- Mario Kart Wii

On top of the tournament and expo sections, DEVASTATION boasts a massive casual play area with console games and a truckload (literally) of arcade machines from our partner, Castles N' Coasters, all set to free play for our attendees to enjoy. So, even if you are not the 'tournament" type, you are still welcome to come and play with other gamers.

Arcade Machine List (on FreePlay):
- Guitar Hero Arcade (brand-new, two player arcade version)
- Killer Instinct (yes, KI 1)
- X-Men (four player side-scroller)
- House of the Dead 4 (two player rail shooter)
- Donkey Kong (classic)
- PGA Tour (golf simulator)
- Spider-Man Pinball Machine
- Family Guy Pinball Machine
- ...and more

We are allowing/working with several groups to coordinate side-tournaments/events, here are some confirmed thus far...

Confirmed Side-Tournaments:
- BlazBlue (Singles and Doubles)
- Raging Storm (KoF 2002 Neo Geo, KoF 98 UM, KoF XI, KoF 2002 UM, Garou MotW
- Super Smash Bros Melee (Singles and Doubles)
- Karnov's Revenge (Singles)
- Battle Fantasia (Singles)

Important Quick Notes:
- Registration fees increase April 15th to $45.00
- Registration fees increase May 1st to $50.00
- Raffle ticket prices increase April 15th to $10.00
- Hotel Room rates are $105.00 for double occupancy, rooms running out at that price, make reservations now

We have more details and surprizes to unveil; keep an eye out here and the website for further details: http://www.devastationevent.com

Online registration is REQUIRED, so run over to the website and secure your spot now!

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I beat Boss's Mario.

Now that I got your attention, listen to my story! (also with moar in the SBR)
___

I did okay in doubles with my ROB partner, but I only really do those for lulz XD We just joke around the whole time and see how far we get. We did pretty well, lost to Boss + Some Olimar whose name escapes me now (his tag was P~S...I think PyroStar or something) but man...One match ROB just died and it was me vs. Luigi and Olimar...raaaape ;_; Then lost to some other team in losers, whatever.
___

Singles. For some reason I had a bye...lol, whatever. Works for me.

First set, I play a Lucas named Nasty. He's a legit player, but for some reason he was getting frustrated really easily and I beat him (but yet he still lands Usmashes its ridiculous...too good) For whatever reason he decides to switch to Snake and go to Lylat. I mind**** him first stock (only recieved 8%) and the rest was just ****. I think I might've barely lost one stock.
___

Next match I had to play Boss already, LOL!

Here were my thoughts. I personally used Luigi for a while and I've watched many videos of Boss's Mario/Luigi so I know the playstyles. My little bro uses Mario (Now, he's very young, and not that great, but he's decent and it still gives me a general idea of how Mario works. What moves cancel what, attack range, etc) and I beat a Luigi in friendlies earlier that day so I was feeling pretty good.

I was much more concerned about his Luigi then his Mario...and it turned out to be I was just in doing so.

I beat Boss's Mario in style. It wasn't just like "Oh...Cam lucked out" or "Boss SD'd" nah, this was cash. I had some Dthrow tech chases, Uthrow shenanigans, the works. I even topped it off with a Dair stage spike...*ohmygodifeltawesome*

So yeah, I beat his Mario on Battlefield, but he took me to the last stock. Next match he CPs me with Luigi and goes back to BF. I take him to the last stock but lose :/

Last match, I took him to Halberd (I later found out this was probably not the best idea since his UpB kills mad early here, but I was steak and didn't get hit by it once. He tried, but I shielded it and it was all good)

I got 2-stocked though :/ High percent on the second stock, but still a 2 stock.

Afterwords we shook hands and he complemented my Sonic...I felt accomplished. Beating his Mario and not getting Luigi UpB'd is steak worthy in my book.
___

After that I played someone else who I beat. Can't recall who now, or what character, but I beat someone else.
___

Then I had to go against a Wolf.

I lost first round. Took him to Lylat and beat him second round, so he CPs FD last round.

Ugh.

I never thought it would be so hard to gimp Wolf, lol. Like, I would intercept Side-B's with spring, but he would still recover. Meh. It ended up last stock, high percent, but I was eliminated.

His Fsmash/Dsmash/Dthrow/Bair are all so ****. Mostly the smashes. I need some work against Wolf.
___

The results haven't been posted yet :/ I really want to know how high I placed. I know there were about 50 people there so...I'll post again/edit this post when the results are up.

:093:

wangston

Smash Lord
So i heard the some sonic player named Ship beat OS today at the MW Circuit event 2.

I got a text from hilt that said
"OS got destroyed by this sonic named ship hahaha. It was hilarious"

After looking at the results i think it might have been Shugo.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
you dont gimp wolf, you edgehog him and whatever he does to get back on stage, you punish the lag for it
That's basically what I did. My biggest problem was OoS punishment (which I posted in the rFAQ) so that was my biggest downfall.

So i heard the some sonic player named Ship beat OS today at the MW Circuit event 2.
loool

I think it was 24-25th out of 140+.

Xyro'll put up full results soon.

I also did pretty good in 2v2, and not too shabby in 2v2 ISP.
Good steak Espy, nice job against 3000 too.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
im bringing a1 around with me at mass madness, im going help you set a sonic main trend.

EVERYONE SHOULD CARRY A1 WITH THEM AT ALL TIMES

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I beat Boss's Mario.

Now that I got your attention, listen to my story! (also with moar in the SBR)
___

I did okay in doubles with my ROB partner, but I only really do those for lulz XD We just joke around the whole time and see how far we get. We did pretty well, lost to Boss + Some Olimar whose name escapes me now (his tag was P~S...I think PyroStar or something) but man...One match ROB just died and it was me vs. Luigi and Olimar...raaaape ;_; Then lost to some other team in losers, whatever.
___

Singles. For some reason I had a bye...lol, whatever. Works for me.

First set, I play a Lucas named Nasty. He's a legit player, but for some reason he was getting frustrated really easily and I beat him (but yet he still lands Usmashes its ridiculous...too good) For whatever reason he decides to switch to Snake and go to Lylat. I mind**** him first stock (only recieved 8%) and the rest was just ****. I think I might've barely lost one stock.
___

Next match I had to play Boss already, LOL!

Here were my thoughts. I personally used Luigi for a while and I've watched many videos of Boss's Mario/Luigi so I know the playstyles. My little bro uses Mario (Now, he's very young, and not that great, but he's decent and it still gives me a general idea of how Mario works. What moves cancel what, attack range, etc) and I beat a Luigi in friendlies earlier that day so I was feeling pretty good.

I was much more concerned about his Luigi then his Mario...and it turned out to be I was just in doing so.

I beat Boss's Mario in style. It wasn't just like "Oh...Cam lucked out" or "Boss SD'd" nah, this was cash. I had some Dthrow tech chases, Uthrow shenanigans, the works. I even topped it off with a Dair stage spike...*ohmygodifeltawesome*

So yeah, I beat his Mario on Battlefield, but he took me to the last stock. Next match he CPs me with Luigi and goes back to BF. I take him to the last stock but lose :/

Last match, I took him to Halberd (I later found out this was probably not the best idea since his UpB kills mad early here, but I was steak and didn't get hit by it once. He tried, but I shielded it and it was all good)

I got 2-stocked though :/ High percent on the second stock, but still a 2 stock.

Afterwords we shook hands and he complemented my Sonic...I felt accomplished. Beating his Mario and not getting Luigi UpB'd is steak worthy in my book.
___

After that I played someone else who I beat. Can't recall who now, or what character, but I beat someone else.
___

Then I had to go against a Wolf.

I lost first round. Took him to Lylat and beat him second round, so he CPs FD last round.

Ugh.

I never thought it would be so hard to gimp Wolf, lol. Like, I would intercept Side-B's with spring, but he would still recover. Meh. It ended up last stock, high percent, but I was eliminated.

His Fsmash/Dsmash/Dthrow/Bair are all so ****. Mostly the smashes. I need some work against Wolf.
___

The results haven't been posted yet :/ I really want to know how high I placed. I know there were about 50 people there so...I'll post again/edit this post when the results are up.

I fought nasty at CoT4. He really doesn't know the matchup at all...

I got a text from hilt that said
"OS got destroyed by this sonic named ship hahaha. It was hilarious"

After looking at the results i think it might have been Shugo.
It was Shugo. Shortly after shugo beat him in brackets I beat his MK in a MM and took him to 3rd game last stock 170% against his rob. U gotta see the videos when they come out. There were like 40 people watching that match. Me and a few others were reminding OS that all he had to do was use d-tilt to win against sonic.

We both also got to fight omniswell's IC's again. I took em to last stock 89% almost timed out the match and lost. Shugo beat omniswell's ICs on smashville then lost on PS1 counterpicked rainbow cruise and lost on last hit last stock cause he got killed too earlyl by a trip.

MWCE was freakin awesome and sonic was represented quite thoroughly. Plus everyone went to steak and shake afterwards.

See u guys at APEX probly

D

Deleted member

I watched cam kill a snake with landing upair jump upair 2nd jump upair up B upair. take that, move decay >_>

it was at least 10 oz steak at red lobster worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom