• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Tournament Results CHANGING THIS TITLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
This thread is now about how X's Sonic still sucks. :p

Discuss.

Personally, I'm still waiting for X to do something big...

Shugo's beaten OS, Malcolm's taken a round off of M2K before, I've done some silly stuff, and 3000 was incredibly well known back in the day for consistent placings.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
He beat SK92 in the only friendly they played. They didn't play in tourney. Here's the match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzjKVnXD6sA
It's an old match, but it's pretty good, I guess.

Oh, and Renegade, X always says he's going to go and then usually never can. His mom is seriously psycho. Then the one time he tried to go without permission he got arrested. We'll see what happens though.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Renegade, if it helps I should be at devastation.

I don't see why my mom wouldn't want to go, AZ is like right there, one or two states.

I'm gonna go check the U.S. map and the link again, I heard you have to prepay to enter...?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Good stuff SM5! Out placing all other Sonics INCLUDING Shado?

STEP YO GAME UP SHADO! STEP UP YO GAME!

Any vids :O

EDIT

SM5 > Shado
lmao, best Maryland Sawnik? looks like it ;o

:093:

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Good stuff SM5! Out placing all other Sonics INCLUDING Shado?

STEP YO GAME UP SHADO! STEP UP YO GAME!

Any vids :O

lol, shado was fun to play, but he needs more DDP. i was chaingrabbing everyone with uthrow to 60+ or 40+, lol. i gotta teach him about it. No vids, but they might use the stream vids. Double Sonic with me and Shado was too good. PIECE OF STEAK ALMOST BEAT MEEP AND CANDY! SHOOT!

EDIT:
Camalange, really? that sounds kinda...weird.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Double Sonic with me and Shado was too good. PIECE OF STEAK ALMOST BEAT MEEP AND CANDY! SHOOT!
lol, that's a great teamname XD

EDIT:
Camalange, really? that sounds kinda...weird.
It was more of a joke if anything >_>

Just giving Shado a hard time...since he didn't even show up at Apex. Like the bum he is.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Piece of Steak?

I actually named myself and Zori that name back at WHOBO.
Make your own.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I didn't want to stretch the page, and I wanted you all to see how the Vergassmash website looks, so here's a link to the direct image. (forgive me if it isn't in high quality, if you can't read it then let me know and I'll bring it here.)

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/7313/becauseiamtoolazytocand.jpg

Those are my shout-outs, as for exactly what happened I'll let you know once SK loads up the results onto AiB and I can get the format (because I'm pretty sure SK will get those results up, he has done this before, no offense Z if you read this).

As for a preview of how I did:

Out of 13th
5th - Kinzer(Sonic)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Is those mindgames son, they obviously make people forget to press that jump button.

Oh yeah, check it, at least SK got his results uploaded much earlier than I had expected.

The Cybernetic-s Core SK92's Third Monthly
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=5172
May 16th, 2009
Out of 13 (technically tehre were 15 entrants but the last 3 people shared the spot for 13th place)
5th - Kinzer(Sonic)

So yeah, as Malcolm said it, I'm gonna come up with a WoT, and whether you really read it or not it doesn't matter but for those curious of my entire progress, this should be yet another treat for y'all.

So it was Friday morning, I woke up because it was the one day I have to wake up at 7 so I can go to school at 8. If you don't already know I'm homeschooled but the program requires I at least go to a class for four hours once a week. I only got 3 hours the night before and God knows how long I stayed up since so you can d*** well bet I'm already tired @ school. It was boring as usual since I had pretty much gotten all my work done and I was free to browse smashboards, and even then it was moving quite slow and I had finished reading what I wanted to and nobody was making anything new. What made it even more boring was the fact that I forgot to charge my iPod, so I had no Sonic music to pass time, it was all pretty much hype for the next day at the tourney.

Noon comes around, I finally get out, I head back home, and mom had said that I could go to sleep if I wanted to but I didn't really want to because if I went to sleep this early I knew I would be awake the next morning at 3 A.M. when I should actually be resting up (althoguh for some reason I think I perform better when I've stayed up a little bit and sleep deprived, but meh I can't confirm that). Regardless though the lack of sleep had made me so tired after school that I couldn't help but fall asleep regardless of what I thought, so I was practically in the same situation but that's okay.

You know how I spent my Saturday morning? I did it playing Sonic 3 and once again collecting all Chaos Emeralds and beating the game as Super Sonic... and then a downgraded Sonic. Did you know that if Dr Robotnik grabs you as the final boss that you lose all your rings regardless of your invincibility? Because I sure didn't know that and I got downgraded to a normal Sonic with no rings and no lives so I had to time my attacks with the invincibility shield. I got that done and I felt proud/nostalgic. It's kind of lulzy because I was sitting there thinking about how I played the game would somehow determine whether I did good or not. Here's how the game went, I blazed through the first few acts, hard a couple of bumps here and there, but in the end I pulled through. Sure enough that's kind of also how I did at this tourney. Continue reading for specific details.

So I'm leaving for my tourney and I wanted to get there early but I forgot how early that was (Mom said I was at the tourney for ~10 hours, and that was at 11 o' clock, so if she meant that literally I was gone at one, but it feels later than that to me... oh well...) On the way there I go to Sonic and grab a Chili Dog... Hells yeah!

I'm there, and there was a Brawl set-up and a MAY-LAY! set-up, couple of people spectating so I didn't show up TOO early now, but enough to draw a crowd. Good thing I brought my set-up otherwise we would've only had two set-ups for what could've been an even longer tourney. We started late and we only had three Brawl set-ups... sheesh! Oh well as I think I've said before this lan center already had the T.V.s so all I/people had to bring were Wiis with Brawl. Still not as many people did afterall bring their set-ups but that's okay I guess, I did have fun.

...Although not at first, I had to play the subspace emissary to pass the time... THE SUBSPACE EMISSARY! Good grief playing through what little I did was hardly a challenge, so I had to do like attempts as perfect runs as Sonic to compensate for the fact that no other character is just as fast as him and s*** and I didn't have my Sonic Mega Collection to do some runs on those Genesis games.

Once I get somebody to play me I regret, because the kid had to use MK. -_- He looked innocent but GD he played like that stereotypical MK that just spams Nado/Dsmash and tilt attacks. I hate how people can be so good with just doing that but at least I beat the kid and got somebody else to play with. He was another tier-w**** who used Falco but it was all good because this kid was legit with Falco. I swear to God if that random MK guy was actually aware of that tier-list and intentionally intentionally try to take that trash to me there will be bloodshed the next time I see him, however many lulz will ensue if that's really how the kid plays naturally.

I really don't mind that tourneys start fashionably late, it means that anybody who gets there late can otherwise still enter the tourney and give me more competition/stuff to spectate. So doubles start and Kita decides to go MK this time around, it's z'all good though 'cause he's just picking him up and my Sawnik made up for any remaining gay that could've been coming off from him... nah JK Kita is a another cool blue dude who really don't main the blur (my attempt at rapping lolwut?). We were doing fine first set and it was pretty close between this Mario player and another low-mid tier player who decided to use Marth on the last match, but we won.

Next up... SK92 and LeoFTW. If you don't know who Leo is just know that he is super legit and doesn't afraid of winning tourneys in Vegas when he's not being silly. We got beat bad. I mean so bad that they both used Ganon on us the 2nd match and still managed to win that set. With such a reasonably low-turnout though this would've happened sooner or later, and oh well maybe next time.

So me and Kita are in losers, and pretty much we lose. Don't ask for a detailed how or why, doubles are really hard to keep track of with all the stuff happening so just know that we tried our best but in the end it just wasn't enough. I found it weird though we only played 3 sets and we ended up getting 5th in teams, whereas some other teams played 4 sets and only got 7th, but I don't/won't really question it since doubles don't really matter to me.

So Brawl singles are pretty much put off for sometime 'cause people wanted to do MAY-LAY! and wanted to eat, I didn't say a word 'cause again you know how I get @ those friendlies and crap, so yeah.

So while I'm watching grand finals of MAY-LAY! I think to myself "oh wow look at those mindgames! Look at how those guys move with that wavedash, grabbing people and pulling off those legit combos. Look at SK coming up with all these strings of attacks that end in 0-deaths, this is madness!" I won't lie, MAY-LAY! is fun as Hell to watch, but I hate playing it because I suck/it's hard/I don't like the way you play it/there's no Sonic, but regardless it is the **** from the side-lines.

So Brawl Singles finally start up, and I am called up to my first set against thise Diddy player. Now before I start trash-talking here let me tell you that this guy is legit with his Diddy doing flips and s***, but he is kind of a bad sport and likes to use MK. That's okay though because this guy was trying his best our first match and I won, but he CPs FD (now before you say anything I knew this guy 2nded MK and that if I didn't ban FD he would probably end up using MK in the long run (he ended up doing so anyway, as I predicted) and going Norfair on my a**, so I had to ban that and try to get the least gay turn-out possible). I lose on FD because me winning probably gave me that false sense of security and I felt that I wasn't playing my best + some other stuff that might've affected the turnout of the match. If I wanted to win the next match and the set I knew I would have to make him go MK in which he actually does worse with (maybe), otherwise his Diddy would've been too legit for my a** to handle, so I had to go Frigate. I was hoping Diddy does/did bad on that stage, so if any of you can confirm to me that I right on my choice, please let me know. Regardless of whether or not anybody answers my request as I had predicted and hoped he would do, yes he went MK and our match on Frigate starts. So this guy is just spamming Nado/DSmash and all that other ****, and I was kind of getting mad but before I could start to lose hope he ends killing himself because of his spam! I am thinking to myself "sweet!" and just play the match out knowing that I probably had a good chance of winning. Whether he SDed once or twice (I'm leaning more towards the ladder) I don't remember but in the end I had outplayed his on-trick pony gameplay and wait to see what he does once I win. You'll be glad to know that he killed himself because the stage transformed and he must've instinctively pressed that important B-button and he ended up being short of landing on the stage. Either that and/or he tried to recovery using tornado but the platform gayed him and he fell right into his doom. He just disconnects his controller acting like I don't exist but you know what? That's okay though, because with the way he uses his MK and CPs his character and acts I wouldn't want to have shaken his hand anyway, so I didn't offer just to see him refuse.

...Loser, maybe next time you'll play the game to have fun and be a bit more dedicated to your main like I am doing, but whatever you can roll your way and I'll go down my own path. Just don't be calling me a "tauntung b****" when I'm actually telling you the truth with mah side-taunt.

So that's taken care of, and my next opponent is of course the one and only SK92. People who were at the tourney would've seen that I was bawsome but in actuality I was kind of looking very forward to fighting SK. I told him that I needed 5 minute break 'cause I'm super thirsty at the time and I run to the Del Taco across the street since the shop next door was closed. I hoped I wouldn't get run over by some random driver guy running as fast as I could across the street, but of course not without looking both ways both times I made a run for it. It sucked that the place didn't have Dr. Pepper so I had to settle with Coke (no not the drug da****!) since nothing else they had was worth my taste buds... I mean really n****s, you want me to settle for Mr. Pibbs?! REALLY?!? Psh, I don't even know how people can say it tastes just like Dr. Pepper, it just ain't the same. I saw my mom parking at the lan center, but I hoped he didn't see me... I got lucky. I got back at the lan center and she appeared out of nowhere a little while after to just tell me that she was outside and that we could leave when I'm done no pressure.

No pressure indeed, literally. It didn't bother me that my next opponent was SK, and I got to take a break 'cause he had to play a set at MAY-LAY!. I knew I would most likely lose but that doesn't mean I wouldn't try, even Kita said this I think, I know he said we got to try in doubles when we went up against SK and Leo. So while he's playing his match I had to go pee. I wasn't thinking about it until then when I really did have to go, and this guy was already in the bathroom. Good thing I wasn't about to burst but man you should've seen how long I was disregarding my bladder, and the guy was rather quick. I got out just in time, 'cause SK was still playing his set and the bracket ended up being messed up so he had one more set in MAY-LAY, so I'm just chillin' and waitin' some more. Finally we get to play.

I look back to see whose watchin', and sure enough there some guys. I wish some would watch me though, I'm 99% sure they came for SK, not for me or Sonic or low-tier/(er). :( That's okay though, I think I gave one Hell of a show, 'cause I'm here battling it out with SK with my trusty Blue Hedgehog pet and legit outplayin' SK. It's funny though because of my kills was a ledgedropped Bair, apparently he didn't learn the last time he played, but oh well it was still lulzy. I almost ended up winning the first match because he fell into a charged FSmash at the edge, can you believe it? too bad about his good DI though, I would've been so hyped if I did win, but taking the great SK down to 1 stock as MK was okay too... yes he went MK, but his is legit.

Thinking I might have an actual chance at this, I go Frigate, it did work for me the last set so I felt confident. I still lost by 1 stock but you know what that's okay! I was doing my DTilt chains on SK and it was sweet, OS can get @ me because I'm so good I reverse his silly little tech against him and all those other MK players. I just I was good enough to actually win, but hey I'll get there eventually.

So that's done, and my next opponent was Kita, again no surprise to me, even though we do tend to fight a lot outside tourneys and in-bracket, I wasn't annoyed at all. He seemed kind of bummed about though, but he didn't john oh no sir he didn't, he took his @#$% to the game. I told him with a low turn-out it was going to happen probably and sure enough it did, but it didn't seem to matter. I won our first match and seeing as how Pkmn Stad II was a legit CP he takes me there. Don't ask me why, I just took it since I probably had no say and I guess we decided to have a little fun. As the match plays out and we're on the Ice transformation he tells me he wants to see me do a sliding side-taunt. Sadly I didn't hear him and I kept chargin' at him. When I finally heard him I did and by the time the stage was gone and had figured out by then why he backed off and I felt bad so I asked him if he wanted to hit me some so we could even out the score. "nah that's okay dude!" was his response, and just a few seconds after I get killed "because you were only hit from death anyway." I'm like oh I was? Ah well alright then, and we continue to play normally.

The Wind transformation comes in and since we were good friends I wasn't really afraid of nor didn't have any 2nd thoughts of just jumping up high into the sky and stalling the timer out. I was also in the lead so I had little to lose. It was lulzy since we had people watching and I was screamin' "wheeeeeeeeeee!" while he was trying to get at the boundary and kill me with Uairs but Sonic was falling too slow... LOL! Of course I knew and noticed that while stalling this way I was building up damage slowly because Sakurai decided to add that damage-tick off the boundary, but again I was in the lead and even after the whole ordeal I still managed to hold it. By now the transformation was coming down and I had to land to seriously fight him, and so I did.

Man you should've seen him after tourney, he was so mad that he lost 'cause he was telling me how he was playing Smash 64 before our set and told me how he wanted his Dair to Falcon Pawnch LOLcombos back, but you know what? It's okay now 'cause he says he's better and he'll try to do better next time. I really hope he does 'cause he even went as far to call Brawl gay but that's fine, he can take a hit I suppose and he seems to acknowledge that he just needs more work to do. Although I would think if you wanted Dair to Falcon Punch combos in Brawl you would go Falcon but hey that's just me :p.

Here's the last set I would win. By now I've checked on the bracket who my next opponent was and he didn't seem to be a familiar face for Vegassmash, but I don't judge how he ended up getting this far and figure he probably is good to have gotten this far. I also checked the bracket to see how many people entered and it said "13." I've been through a tourney like this the week before and with as many sets I've played and won/lost I knew that if I won I would be 5th, and if I lost 7th. Not only was I shooting for consistency and beyond, but I was hyped to play this guy and win. Turns out this guy was at SK's 2nd monthly and I didn't see him then. Regardless we finally meet face to face and he goes Falco. He had the tag "Sega" in weird alphabetical letters too, but that didn't bother me as much as what it meant. Did it mean that this guy played a Sonic? Does he know about the character/me? Is he going Falco just because or is it that he would rather not play a ditto match/he actually plays Falco? Does he look like a *****? YT video references aside I've seen him play Sonic at the tourney in either friendly doubles/tourney doubles but I didn't think too much of it since it didn't matter + I'm not interested in random Sonic guys because I know that people can play Sonic but it takes heart to be good with him, which I've only seen/felt one other person in Vegas that has that. Rants aside I was just sitting down waiting for him/me to get called out and him to show up to the set up so I was really tried by this point since it was late and it's been well over 20+ hours I've been awake I think. Z had to wake me up because I was in a small trance and I had missed/forgotten about being called on, lol.

Rants aside we finally play, and man can Falco do major work on Sonic. I was probably not playing my best, but in the condition I was I was and did, but still lost. We played on SV but meh I don't think that was too important. I didn't think he would've went Falco on me otherwise I would've banned Japes as a CP but he didn't CP us there even though I banned Norfair and he went Falco all the time. I had a choice by this point, I was hoping he would stay Falco and think between Lylat or Frigate, and he didn't ban Lylat against me for some reason but oh well. It sucks how everybody I fight now bans YI or Picto, but he didn't. I forgot what he banned but it wasn't Frigate/Lylat/FD, and we ended up going to Frigate/FD. Don't ask me why I didn't ban/consider banning FD on him either, remember the conditions at the time I probably wasn't thinking straight but it's all good.

So anyway I was saying something about choices. Well seeing as how he was using Falco I was hoping for something, what that something was I don't know/remember but obviously it worked since he stayed and I won later on (yes I spoiled it). I knew spacies were notorious for their recovery so I had to risk going to Frigate which was a more flat stage and I seemed to be doing good on, or I could try and put all my money on Lylat and hope the stage tilting would gay him harder than me. I know I live in Vegas and s*** but let me tell you a word of advice that applies especially to gambling in Vegas - You don't put everything into one place, especially not when the odds are against you and your chances of winning are worse than the chances of you getting struck by lightning.

Feeling more assured of Frigate than Lylat, I went to Frigate, I knew I had no chance of falling/failing on that stage since I play on it more frequently than I do on Lylat and that Sonic can deal with the stage hazards/transformation better than most characters could/would, Falco included. WoT on just my CoP put away and another one incoming, we battle it out on Frigate, and although it came really close again I won our set. So by now I realize I have another audience, but again I didn't seem to have anybody backing me up, no problem though by now I wasn't worried about anything but his CP and the last match of the set. He takes us to FD and stays Falco. This seemed bad, he outplayed me on SV and again the problem with using only Sonic is that if people read them, they will read you and outplay you mad hard. SV was a really flat stage, and FD is worse for this!

I still did not give up faith, I was only more determined ti place 5th again or better and my steadfast heart of gold was not moved (yay Sonic music reference!). Somehow I was doing pretty good on the stage, but I felt like I was making mistakes I shouldn't have... did he get worse? I don't/didn't care because whatever was happening, it was working into my favor and man you should've been there in the last couple of moments where I ended up getting a huge lead on him on our last stock and just went to the ledge planking. I didn't want to plank but I needed time to think and bum-rushing him was not my best course of action apparently. I didn't even want to plank for a while but he left me no choice, he didn't stop shooting lazers and SHDLering and giving me no chance to get up from the ledge. So I'm just planking and walljumping off the lip of Fd waiting for him to give up and just let me come back on the stage... he did not. I was afraid of being called out so I went daring and got up from the ledge to try and shield-camp/spotdodging his lazers. I was doing pretty good until I kept messing up! It was a good thing I literally had a huge lead, I'm talking ~150%+ lead that I could take a couple of bullets before I started to watch the clock and notice I still had another 2 minutes left to go. "NO! I can't keep this up, if I do I'm going to lose by %age!! Something needs to happen and he needs to stop his lazer camping or at this rate all this will be for nothing!" was what I was thinking and without any regard of how the rest of the match would be played/going down I just came to him at full Spinshot speed! Essentially this had caused him to stop his lazer spamming and start going close-quarters on me. I had the advantage by this point (even though Falco is pretty good at this range too) still even though he managed to get me closer to losing with every lazer I got hit with. Maybe he got scarred that I came to him like this or he knew that I wouldn't give him any breathing room. I didn't lose much more before I had a successful gimp on him.

Man were his buddies telling to take it slow, and Gabriel (the guy I fought) took that to heart. Still I shock his hand and with relief knowing that even if I lose I will have been able to do work like Malcolm/Espy/X/etc. have done. I'm so happy by this point that nothing else really mattered. Still I wanted to see if I could take it further. I was really tired but I still wanted to try.

My next opponent was against FOW, he's a legit Ness player and if you don't already know he took a set off SK92 in tourney before, so he's really good *nod nod.*

Try to take it further I did as much I could, but like he's been able to do before, he beat me. I'm not so sad about this though, I managed to take him down to 1 stock both games ( I know this is sad, but that's an accomplishment to me compared to how I usually do with this guy), and as usual I can eventually get work done and I'll be able to beat him with enough determination next time.

For friendlies, nothing major happened except that Dannykat if you've ever heard of them made me sad by beating me, and I mean he like not only CPed against me but he outright played me. :( He used Snake and Marth, but it's friendlies so nothing to take seriously.

That's the whole tourney but it doesn't end there yet.

After my set I had to leave, not only because of mom but also the store manager had customers and they needed the T.V.s to do whatever, so we had to get rid of all the set-ups and I believe they only had one Brawl set up to work with after that. So here I am looking for stuff that belongs to me and I had to make sure I had my Wii/controller/component cables and not leave anything behind. The Wiis were already disconnected by this point and they had no identification on them. I got to remember to put my name on my Wii/set-ups next time so I know what's mine but sheesh I was trying to set them up again frantically just to see which one is mine. While I was doing this, Gabriel came up to me and asked me how to do a Spinshot. I'm like "sure okay" but again I was like "aww, da****!" in my head.

I was not about to turn down another Sonic player if he was willing to learn, and I figure I'll quickly show him and get out. So I set up my Wii and go into training mode and show him how it looks again and how to do it in both the SD form and the ASC form. He also asked me how do I cancel the lag from Dair and I'm like @_@ (or was that FOW? Yeah he also came and wanted to learn how to Spinshot XD). That's okay though, I got saved by another Vegassmash player and he explained how I did it. Boy and once again did I have a crowd behind me, whether or not it was for Gabriel or they were interested is unknown to me but it's okay I guess, I showed them how to SS and asked Gabriel if he was aware of Smashboards and/or this place and had his own account/contact info. I think he said he didn't have any kind of IM (or at least not one I had) and he didn't have an account on Smashboards but he knows about this place, so I think "oh that's good" and by now I assume he actually is willing to do work with Sonic. As much as I want to keep optimistic, I need to see how he does in serious play before I start putting hope into him but I am confident that I wouldn't be wasting my time if he ended up becoming an apprentice of mine, even if it's only for a few quirks and s***.

So I showed them Spinshot, and I disconnect out set-up so I can leave, and thank God and the way to Mom's car did I remember that I have to record everybody's placement and their characters or all my efforts would've gone down the drain. Rushing back to the lan center I get the results and ask around fr the characters people used and writing it down on a piece of paper to take it home with me. Once that's done I finally head home and go to sleep after I shower.

Next day, here I am, home and chilling from yesterday/reporting to you all of my progress.

"Feeling good!"

Knowing that I finally helped Sonic for real.

Malcolm, Espy, X, Tenki, everybody else, this one and last week was for all of you, thank you for every little contribution you have made to help me come this far. I know I'm coming off homo but I'll do it, because without this I would be lost and as much as I love the Blue Blur I would've been garbage/nothing. I want to be as good as those who help to get Sonic far and I promise to all of you that these won't be the last and the best contributions to tourneys for Sonic, I will strive to go further and push the limits!!

I will also prove to anybody skeptical that Sonic can be and is a tourney standard character, in all singles tourney I vow to only use Sonic and to do nothing short of what I can do. You all on the Sonic boards give me reason to keep going, and this is a promise I tend to keep.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Piece of Steak?

I actually named myself and Zori that name back at WHOBO.
Make your own.
hey, it was a cool name, let us have it...:(

Umm, what? Do people you play not know how to jump lol?
this is djbrowny btw cant be bothered signing in + out on my bros computer lol
This was legit. Almost every signle person i played (pros included) got 40 or 60+ uthrow. i got even to 99 with one guy. I predicted their landings by either DDPing in the opposite direction, then run into a re-grab. Sometimes i used spincancels. (I use my spincancels sparringly, so my opponent is that much more prone to falling for it) They were so mindboggled at trying to land, i guess they forgot to try to move :bee:

EPIC STORY THAT RESEMBLES MY RESOLVE
lol at being bored out your mind with no Sonic music. :D

Man, what a cool story. I would like to know this disrespectful MK player, though. thats really messed up. Its not your fault he is too slow. :p

Nice going vs SK, man. Just step it up moar.

You vs Kita on PS sounded fun. I swear, it is always one person yelling "wheeeeeee" on the air stage. And is a sliding side taunt poosible?

Good stuff playing against FOW, man. Its nice to see that you are making progress.

Help a brotha out when it comes to Sonic anytime, lol.

And of course you are getting better, man. Once you start it up with Sonic, you only go up (Camalange's words). One day, you will be getting stuff done, but not like Espy/X/Mal, but you'll get it done in the Kinzer way. :) Like I get the work in MD done in the Speed/SonicMaster way.

Yes, i read this whole story. It sounded interesting+Kinzer is too cool.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
Is those mindgames son, they obviously make people forget to press that jump button.

Oh yeah, check it, at least SK got his results uploaded much earlier than I had expected.

The Cybernetic-s Core SK92's Third Monthly
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=5172
May 16th, 2009
Out of 13 (technically tehre were 15 entrants but the last 3 people shared the spot for 13th place)
5th - Kinzer(Sonic)

So yeah, as Malcolm said it, I'm gonna come up with a WoT, and whether you really read it or not it doesn't matter but for those curious of my entire progress, this should be yet another treat for y'all.

So it was Friday morning, I woke up because it was the one day I have to wake up at 7 so I can go to school at 8. If you don't already know I'm homeschooled but the program requires I at least go to a class for four hours once a week. I only got 3 hours the night before and God knows how long I stayed up since so you can d*** well bet I'm already tired @ school. It was boring as usual since I had pretty much gotten all my work done and I was free to browse smashboards, and even then it was moving quite slow and I had finished reading what I wanted to and nobody was making anything new. What made it even more boring was the fact that I forgot to charge my iPod, so I had no Sonic music to pass time, it was all pretty much hype for the next day at the tourney.

Noon comes around, I finally get out, I head back home, and mom had said that I could go to sleep if I wanted to but I didn't really want to because if I went to sleep this early I knew I would be awake the next morning at 3 A.M. when I should actually be resting up (althoguh for some reason I think I perform better when I've stayed up a little bit and sleep deprived, but meh I can't confirm that). Regardless though the lack of sleep had made me so tired after school that I couldn't help but fall asleep regardless of what I thought, so I was practically in the same situation but that's okay.

You know how I spent my Saturday morning? I did it playing Sonic 3 and once again collecting all Chaos Emeralds and beating the game as Super Sonic... and then a downgraded Sonic. Did you know that if Dr Robotnik grabs you as the final boss that you lose all your rings regardless of your invincibility? Because I sure didn't know that and I got downgraded to a normal Sonic with no rings and no lives so I had to time my attacks with the invincibility shield. I got that done and I felt proud/nostalgic. It's kind of lulzy because I was sitting there thinking about how I played the game would somehow determine whether I did good or not. Here's how the game went, I blazed through the first few acts, hard a couple of bumps here and there, but in the end I pulled through. Sure enough that's kind of also how I did at this tourney. Continue reading for specific details.

So I'm leaving for my tourney and I wanted to get there early but I forgot how early that was (Mom said I was at the tourney for ~10 hours, and that was at 11 o' clock, so if she meant that literally I was gone at one, but it feels later than that to me... oh well...) On the way there I go to Sonic and grab a Chili Dog... Hells yeah!

I'm there, and there was a Brawl set-up and a MAY-LAY! set-up, couple of people spectating so I didn't show up TOO early now, but enough to draw a crowd. Good thing I brought my set-up otherwise we would've only had two set-ups for what could've been an even longer tourney. We started late and we only had three Brawl set-ups... sheesh! Oh well as I think I've said before this lan center already had the T.V.s so all I/people had to bring were Wiis with Brawl. Still not as many people did afterall bring their set-ups but that's okay I guess, I did have fun.

...Although not at first, I had to play the subspace emissary to pass the time... THE SUBSPACE EMISSARY! Good grief playing through what little I did was hardly a challenge, so I had to do like attempts as perfect runs as Sonic to compensate for the fact that no other character is just as fast as him and s*** and I didn't have my Sonic Mega Collection to do some runs on those Genesis games.

Once I get somebody to play me I regret, because the kid had to use MK. -_- He looked innocent but GD he played like that stereotypical MK that just spams Nado/Dsmash and tilt attacks. I hate how people can be so good with just doing that but at least I beat the kid and got somebody else to play with. He was another tier-w**** who used Falco but it was all good because this kid was legit with Falco. I swear to God if that random MK guy was actually aware of that tier-list and intentionally intentionally try to take that trash to me there will be bloodshed the next time I see him, however many lulz will ensue if that's really how the kid plays naturally.

I really don't mind that tourneys start fashionably late, it means that anybody who gets there late can otherwise still enter the tourney and give me more competition/stuff to spectate. So doubles start and Kita decides to go MK this time around, it's z'all good though 'cause he's just picking him up and my Sawnik made up for any remaining gay that could've been coming off from him... nah JK Kita is a another cool blue dude who really don't main the blur (my attempt at rapping lolwut?). We were doing fine first set and it was pretty close between this Mario player and another low-mid tier player who decided to use Marth on the last match, but we won.

Next up... SK92 and LeoFTW. If you don't know who Leo is just know that he is super legit and doesn't afraid of winning tourneys in Vegas when he's not being silly. We got beat bad. I mean so bad that they both used Ganon on us the 2nd match and still managed to win that set. With such a reasonably low-turnout though this would've happened sooner or later, and oh well maybe next time.

So me and Kita are in losers, and pretty much we lose. Don't ask for a detailed how or why, doubles are really hard to keep track of with all the stuff happening so just know that we tried our best but in the end it just wasn't enough. I found it weird though we only played 3 sets and we ended up getting 5th in teams, whereas some other teams played 4 sets and only got 7th, but I don't/won't really question it since doubles don't really matter to me.

So Brawl singles are pretty much put off for sometime 'cause people wanted to do MAY-LAY! and wanted to eat, I didn't say a word 'cause again you know how I get @ those friendlies and crap, so yeah.

So while I'm watching grand finals of MAY-LAY! I think to myself "oh wow look at those mindgames! Look at how those guys move with that wavedash, grabbing people and pulling off those legit combos. Look at SK coming up with all these strings of attacks that end in 0-deaths, this is madness!" I won't lie, MAY-LAY! is fun as Hell to watch, but I hate playing it because I suck/it's hard/I don't like the way you play it/there's no Sonic, but regardless it is the **** from the side-lines.

So Brawl Singles finally start up, and I am called up to my first set against thise Diddy player. Now before I start trash-talking here let me tell you that this guy is legit with his Diddy doing flips and s***, but he is kind of a bad sport and likes to use MK. That's okay though because this guy was trying his best our first match and I won, but he CPs FD (now before you say anything I knew this guy 2nded MK and that if I didn't ban FD he would probably end up using MK in the long run (he ended up doing so anyway, as I predicted) and going Norfair on my a**, so I had to ban that and try to get the least gay turn-out possible). I lose on FD because me winning probably gave me that false sense of security and I felt that I wasn't playing my best + some other stuff that might've affected the turnout of the match. If I wanted to win the next match and the set I knew I would have to make him go MK in which he actually does worse with (maybe), otherwise his Diddy would've been too legit for my a** to handle, so I had to go Frigate. I was hoping Diddy does/did bad on that stage, so if any of you can confirm to me that I right on my choice, please let me know. Regardless of whether or not anybody answers my request as I had predicted and hoped he would do, yes he went MK and our match on Frigate starts. So this guy is just spamming Nado/DSmash and all that other ****, and I was kind of getting mad but before I could start to lose hope he ends killing himself because of his spam! I am thinking to myself "sweet!" and just play the match out knowing that I probably had a good chance of winning. Whether he SDed once or twice (I'm leaning more towards the ladder) I don't remember but in the end I had outplayed his on-trick pony gameplay and wait to see what he does once I win. You'll be glad to know that he killed himself because the stage transformed and he must've instinctively pressed that important B-button and he ended up being short of landing on the stage. Either that and/or he tried to recovery using tornado but the platform gayed him and he fell right into his doom. He just disconnects his controller acting like I don't exist but you know what? That's okay though, because with the way he uses his MK and CPs his character and acts I wouldn't want to have shaken his hand anyway, so I didn't offer just to see him refuse.

...Loser, maybe next time you'll play the game to have fun and be a bit more dedicated to your main like I am doing, but whatever you can roll your way and I'll go down my own path. Just don't be calling me a "tauntung b****" when I'm actually telling you the truth with mah side-taunt.

So that's taken care of, and my next opponent is of course the one and only SK92. People who were at the tourney would've seen that I was bawsome but in actuality I was kind of looking very forward to fighting SK. I told him that I needed 5 minute break 'cause I'm super thirsty at the time and I run to the Del Taco across the street since the shop next door was closed. I hoped I wouldn't get run over by some random driver guy running as fast as I could across the street, but of course not without looking both ways both times I made a run for it. It sucked that the place didn't have Dr. Pepper so I had to settle with Coke (no not the drug da****!) since nothing else they had was worth my taste buds... I mean really n****s, you want me to settle for Mr. Pibbs?! REALLY?!? Psh, I don't even know how people can say it tastes just like Dr. Pepper, it just ain't the same. I saw my mom parking at the lan center, but I hoped he didn't see me... I got lucky. I got back at the lan center and she appeared out of nowhere a little while after to just tell me that she was outside and that we could leave when I'm done no pressure.

No pressure indeed, literally. It didn't bother me that my next opponent was SK, and I got to take a break 'cause he had to play a set at MAY-LAY!. I knew I would most likely lose but that doesn't mean I wouldn't try, even Kita said this I think, I know he said we got to try in doubles when we went up against SK and Leo. So while he's playing his match I had to go pee. I wasn't thinking about it until then when I really did have to go, and this guy was already in the bathroom. Good thing I wasn't about to burst but man you should've seen how long I was disregarding my bladder, and the guy was rather quick. I got out just in time, 'cause SK was still playing his set and the bracket ended up being messed up so he had one more set in MAY-LAY, so I'm just chillin' and waitin' some more. Finally we get to play.

I look back to see whose watchin', and sure enough there some guys. I wish some would watch me though, I'm 99% sure they came for SK, not for me or Sonic or low-tier/(er). :( That's okay though, I think I gave one Hell of a show, 'cause I'm here battling it out with SK with my trusty Blue Hedgehog pet and legit outplayin' SK. It's funny though because of my kills was a ledgedropped Bair, apparently he didn't learn the last time he played, but oh well it was still lulzy. I almost ended up winning the first match because he fell into a charged FSmash at the edge, can you believe it? too bad about his good DI though, I would've been so hyped if I did win, but taking the great SK down to 1 stock as MK was okay too... yes he went MK, but his is legit.

Thinking I might have an actual chance at this, I go Frigate, it did work for me the last set so I felt confident. I still lost by 1 stock but you know what that's okay! I was doing my DTilt chains on SK and it was sweet, OS can get @ me because I'm so good I reverse his silly little tech against him and all those other MK players. I just I was good enough to actually win, but hey I'll get there eventually.

So that's done, and my next opponent was Kita, again no surprise to me, even though we do tend to fight a lot outside tourneys and in-bracket, I wasn't annoyed at all. He seemed kind of bummed about though, but he didn't john oh no sir he didn't, he took his @#$% to the game. I told him with a low turn-out it was going to happen probably and sure enough it did, but it didn't seem to matter. I won our first match and seeing as how Pkmn Stad II was a legit CP he takes me there. Don't ask me why, I just took it since I probably had no say and I guess we decided to have a little fun. As the match plays out and we're on the Ice transformation he tells me he wants to see me do a sliding side-taunt. Sadly I didn't hear him and I kept chargin' at him. When I finally heard him I did and by the time the stage was gone and had figured out by then why he backed off and I felt bad so I asked him if he wanted to hit me some so we could even out the score. "nah that's okay dude!" was his response, and just a few seconds after I get killed "because you were only hit from death anyway." I'm like oh I was? Ah well alright then, and we continue to play normally.

The Wind transformation comes in and since we were good friends I wasn't really afraid of nor didn't have any 2nd thoughts of just jumping up high into the sky and stalling the timer out. I was also in the lead so I had little to lose. It was lulzy since we had people watching and I was screamin' "wheeeeeeeeeee!" while he was trying to get at the boundary and kill me with Uairs but Sonic was falling too slow... LOL! Of course I knew and noticed that while stalling this way I was building up damage slowly because Sakurai decided to add that damage-tick off the boundary, but again I was in the lead and even after the whole ordeal I still managed to hold it. By now the transformation was coming down and I had to land to seriously fight him, and so I did.

Man you should've seen him after tourney, he was so mad that he lost 'cause he was telling me how he was playing Smash 64 before our set and told me how he wanted his Dair to Falcon Pawnch LOLcombos back, but you know what? It's okay now 'cause he says he's better and he'll try to do better next time. I really hope he does 'cause he even went as far to call Brawl gay but that's fine, he can take a hit I suppose and he seems to acknowledge that he just needs more work to do. Although I would think if you wanted Dair to Falcon Punch combos in Brawl you would go Falcon but hey that's just me :p.

Here's the last set I would win. By now I've checked on the bracket who my next opponent was and he didn't seem to be a familiar face for Vegassmash, but I don't judge how he ended up getting this far and figure he probably is good to have gotten this far. I also checked the bracket to see how many people entered and it said "13." I've been through a tourney like this the week before and with as many sets I've played and won/lost I knew that if I won I would be 5th, and if I lost 7th. Not only was I shooting for consistency and beyond, but I was hyped to play this guy and win. Turns out this guy was at SK's 2nd monthly and I didn't see him then. Regardless we finally meet face to face and he goes Falco. He had the tag "Sega" in weird alphabetical letters too, but that didn't bother me as much as what it meant. Did it mean that this guy played a Sonic? Does he know about the character/me? Is he going Falco just because or is it that he would rather not play a ditto match/he actually plays Falco? Does he look like a *****? YT video references aside I've seen him play Sonic at the tourney in either friendly doubles/tourney doubles but I didn't think too much of it since it didn't matter + I'm not interested in random Sonic guys because I know that people can play Sonic but it takes heart to be good with him, which I've only seen/felt one other person in Vegas that has that. Rants aside I was just sitting down waiting for him/me to get called out and him to show up to the set up so I was really tried by this point since it was late and it's been well over 20+ hours I've been awake I think. Z had to wake me up because I was in a small trance and I had missed/forgotten about being called on, lol.

Rants aside we finally play, and man can Falco do major work on Sonic. I was probably not playing my best, but in the condition I was I was and did, but still lost. We played on SV but meh I don't think that was too important. I didn't think he would've went Falco on me otherwise I would've banned Japes as a CP but he didn't CP us there even though I banned Norfair and he went Falco all the time. I had a choice by this point, I was hoping he would stay Falco and think between Lylat or Frigate, and he didn't ban Lylat against me for some reason but oh well. It sucks how everybody I fight now bans YI or Picto, but he didn't. I forgot what he banned but it wasn't Frigate/Lylat/FD, and we ended up going to Frigate/FD. Don't ask me why I didn't ban/consider banning FD on him either, remember the conditions at the time I probably wasn't thinking straight but it's all good.

So anyway I was saying something about choices. Well seeing as how he was using Falco I was hoping for something, what that something was I don't know/remember but obviously it worked since he stayed and I won later on (yes I spoiled it). I knew spacies were notorious for their recovery so I had to risk going to Frigate which was a more flat stage and I seemed to be doing good on, or I could try and put all my money on Lylat and hope the stage tilting would gay him harder than me. I know I live in Vegas and s*** but let me tell you a word of advice that applies especially to gambling in Vegas - You don't put everything into one place, especially not when the odds are against you and your chances of winning are worse than the chances of you getting struck by lightning.

Feeling more assured of Frigate than Lylat, I went to Frigate, I knew I had no chance of falling/failing on that stage since I play on it more frequently than I do on Lylat and that Sonic can deal with the stage hazards/transformation better than most characters could/would, Falco included. WoT on just my CoP put away and another one incoming, we battle it out on Frigate, and although it came really close again I won our set. So by now I realize I have another audience, but again I didn't seem to have anybody backing me up, no problem though by now I wasn't worried about anything but his CP and the last match of the set. He takes us to FD and stays Falco. This seemed bad, he outplayed me on SV and again the problem with using only Sonic is that if people read them, they will read you and outplay you mad hard. SV was a really flat stage, and FD is worse for this!

I still did not give up faith, I was only more determined ti place 5th again or better and my steadfast heart of gold was not moved (yay Sonic music reference!). Somehow I was doing pretty good on the stage, but I felt like I was making mistakes I shouldn't have... did he get worse? I don't/didn't care because whatever was happening, it was working into my favor and man you should've been there in the last couple of moments where I ended up getting a huge lead on him on our last stock and just went to the ledge planking. I didn't want to plank but I needed time to think and bum-rushing him was not my best course of action apparently. I didn't even want to plank for a while but he left me no choice, he didn't stop shooting lazers and SHDLering and giving me no chance to get up from the ledge. So I'm just planking and walljumping off the lip of Fd waiting for him to give up and just let me come back on the stage... he did not. I was afraid of being called out so I went daring and got up from the ledge to try and shield-camp/spotdodging his lazers. I was doing pretty good until I kept messing up! It was a good thing I literally had a huge lead, I'm talking ~150%+ lead that I could take a couple of bullets before I started to watch the clock and notice I still had another 2 minutes left to go. "NO! I can't keep this up, if I do I'm going to lose by %age!! Something needs to happen and he needs to stop his lazer camping or at this rate all this will be for nothing!" was what I was thinking and without any regard of how the rest of the match would be played/going down I just came to him at full Spinshot speed! Essentially this had caused him to stop his lazer spamming and start going close-quarters on me. I had the advantage by this point (even though Falco is pretty good at this range too) still even though he managed to get me closer to losing with every lazer I got hit with. Maybe he got scarred that I came to him like this or he knew that I wouldn't give him any breathing room. I didn't lose much more before I had a successful gimp on him.

Man were his buddies telling to take it slow, and Gabriel (the guy I fought) took that to heart. Still I shock his hand and with relief knowing that even if I lose I will have been able to do work like Malcolm/Espy/X/etc. have done. I'm so happy by this point that nothing else really mattered. Still I wanted to see if I could take it further. I was really tired but I still wanted to try.

My next opponent was against FOW, he's a legit Ness player and if you don't already know he took a set off SK92 in tourney before, so he's really good *nod nod.*

Try to take it further I did as much I could, but like he's been able to do before, he beat me. I'm not so sad about this though, I managed to take him down to 1 stock both games ( I know this is sad, but that's an accomplishment to me compared to how I usually do with this guy), and as usual I can eventually get work done and I'll be able to beat him with enough determination next time.

For friendlies, nothing major happened except that Dannykat if you've ever heard of them made me sad by beating me, and I mean he like not only CPed against me but he outright played me. :( He used Snake and Marth, but it's friendlies so nothing to take seriously.

That's the whole tourney but it doesn't end there yet.

After my set I had to leave, not only because of mom but also the store manager had customers and they needed the T.V.s to do whatever, so we had to get rid of all the set-ups and I believe they only had one Brawl set up to work with after that. So here I am looking for stuff that belongs to me and I had to make sure I had my Wii/controller/component cables and not leave anything behind. The Wiis were already disconnected by this point and they had no identification on them. I got to remember to put my name on my Wii/set-ups next time so I know what's mine but sheesh I was trying to set them up again frantically just to see which one is mine. While I was doing this, Gabriel came up to me and asked me how to do a Spinshot. I'm like "sure okay" but again I was like "aww, da****!" in my head.

I was not about to turn down another Sonic player if he was willing to learn, and I figure I'll quickly show him and get out. So I set up my Wii and go into training mode and show him how it looks again and how to do it in both the SD form and the ASC form. He also asked me how do I cancel the lag from Dair and I'm like @_@ (or was that FOW? Yeah he also came and wanted to learn how to Spinshot XD). That's okay though, I got saved by another Vegassmash player and he explained how I did it. Boy and once again did I have a crowd behind me, whether or not it was for Gabriel or they were interested is unknown to me but it's okay I guess, I showed them how to SS and asked Gabriel if he was aware of Smashboards and/or this place and had his own account/contact info. I think he said he didn't have any kind of IM (or at least not one I had) and he didn't have an account on Smashboards but he knows about this place, so I think "oh that's good" and by now I assume he actually is willing to do work with Sonic. As much as I want to keep optimistic, I need to see how he does in serious play before I start putting hope into him but I am confident that I wouldn't be wasting my time if he ended up becoming an apprentice of mine, even if it's only for a few quirks and s***.

So I showed them Spinshot, and I disconnect out set-up so I can leave, and thank God and the way to Mom's car did I remember that I have to record everybody's placement and their characters or all my efforts would've gone down the drain. Rushing back to the lan center I get the results and ask around fr the characters people used and writing it down on a piece of paper to take it home with me. Once that's done I finally head home and go to sleep after I shower.

Next day, here I am, home and chilling from yesterday/reporting to you all of my progress.

"Feeling good!"

Knowing that I finally helped Sonic for real.

Malcolm, Espy, X, Tenki, everybody else, this one and last week was for all of you, thank you for every little contribution you have made to help me come this far. I know I'm coming off homo but I'll do it, because without this I would be lost and as much as I love the Blue Blur I would've been garbage/nothing. I want to be as good as those who help to get Sonic far and I promise to all of you that these won't be the last and the best contributions to tourneys for Sonic, I will strive to go further and push the limits!!

I will also prove to anybody skeptical that Sonic can be and is a tourney standard character, in all singles tourney I vow to only use Sonic and to do nothing short of what I can do. You all on the Sonic boards give me reason to keep going, and this is a promise I tend to keep.
I will read this @ some point today. I just felt like quoting it would be absoultely hilarious. I will edit or re-quote this in another post with my comments later

:3030+: (No pokemon for that yet?)

Edit: stone age references in typos are legit. thanks kid for pointing it out

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Yup Yup Cammy. SM5 out placed meh. I don't really mind though. It was a fun tourney. I'm not even worried about the placings. I'm just glad that I was able to beat/ compete with most of the pros there.

SM5's Sonic is legit though. Our styles are too different. I could try and pick up DDP but I don't think it will mesh with my style that well. SM5 is defiantly the most Technical Sonic I have met. I really wish they would have put your match with Neo on livestream. That was pretty close.

Also our doubles team is too good. Sorry for borrowing the Name espy. But it seems like a double Sonic team looks better with the Piece of Steak name than a Olimar Sonic Team. But I guess we can come up with a name of our own.

P.S. Livestream was hyped everytime a Sonic was on it. We're movin on up lol

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
LOL Malcolm, I'm so sorry you have to read my rant, I didn't think it would actually be that long.

I wouldn't be broken if you decided not to read it though, I don't want to force you. :X

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Mat 16,2009
Your Azz in grass tourney(RI only)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=234122
2nd in doubles(Team name OCEAN STEAK PENGUINS) meh at m wiimote starting to die
9th in singles out of 17th(meh wiimote battery dying......again during second round -____-)
1st in crews(Dat Ain't falco thats something faster)
(Note i went all sonic as always)
LET MY OCEAN STEAK FILL THE WORLD. :)

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Play N Trade V
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=234174
May 16th, 2009
Out of 47:
17th...yuck - darkNES386

Pools had 5 or 6 (ours had 6) and only top 4 made it out (I got 3/6 in mine).
The Wario (Quik) that took 5th was in my pool and I took a game off of him.
The Diddy (Count) that took 9th was also in my pool, he's from IN.

This event was in Illinois but had players from both central Indiana and Wisconsin. Sadly Michigan was unable to make it due to car rides I believe... otherwise I would have had a chance to challenge Anther. Oh- Sliq was there too.

In the bracket I beat a samus (who I've played roughly 30 matches against in the past 3 months in person). I lost to Kirk's Ike who I sadly which I foolishly underestimated. He makes Ike look sick, he also took out BOX7's Mario.
I then lost to grimace a Snake player who was very patient. I'm going to john now and say I was still shook up from my previous loss to Kirk. I lacked the tournament experience to maintain my focus.

Later I beat Kirk in a friendly, which counts for something. Still though, it wasn't a tournament match.

Browny

Smash Hater
"Just don't be calling me a "tauntung b****" when I'm actually telling you the truth with mah side-taunt."

too good

This was legit. Almost every signle person i played (pros included) got 40 or 60+ uthrow. i got even to 99 with one guy. I predicted their landings by either DDPing in the opposite direction, then run into a re-grab. Sometimes i used spincancels. (I use my spincancels sparringly, so my opponent is that much more prone to falling for it) They were so mindboggled at trying to land, i guess they forgot to try to move :bee:
Im assuming this only happened on FD lol... however it would take approximately 9 uthrows in a row to get to 99. Whoever you did that to should just quit brawl right now :p

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
djbrowny said:
Im assuming this only happened on FD lol... however it would take approximately 9 uthrows in a row to get to 99. Whoever you did that to should just quit brawl right now :p
Good pummel rate is good.

I don't think getting someone to 40% is that unreasonable. Throw 2 or 3 pummels in there, and 3 uthrows should be enough.

And Kinzer, cool story bro.

I know what you mean about the invincibility on the final boss on Sonic 3 not working. First time it happened to me I was like !

D;

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Also our doubles team is too good. Sorry for borrowing the Name espy. But it seems like a double Sonic team looks better with the Piece of Steak name than a Olimar Sonic Team. But I guess we can come up with a name of our own.

P.S. Livestream was hyped everytime a Sonic was on it. We're movin on up lol
:p

I know what you mean about the invincibility on the final boss on Sonic 3 not working. First time it happened to me I was like !

D;
I cried when it happened to me...a little.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
They are now.

Also for any of you interested/didn't get the memo, our boi KC is gonna be at another tourney with a stream.

http://www.siriusuplink.com/ustreamxat.php/696630/52186127.html

That's the link, I won't be on 'cause I'm gonna have Kita and Co. over but I'm sure KC would appreciate it if at least SOMEBODY From Sonic boards (or are known to be on the Sonic Xat quite frequently) was watching him.

You know I feel lonely @ tourneys when I'm the only good Sonic.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
TGP May Monthly
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=234918
May 23rd, 2009
Out of 22:
9th - Camalange

Not much of a turn out, but loads of fun. Got to play Snakeee and meet some other cool people. I should've at least taken 7th, but I took a Meta to the third round, he CP'd Delfino (I banned RC) and he kills me at 70% with a Dsmash :/ Ugh.

Epic matches shall be uploaded + a look at the future of Diddy Kong...
No-Nanner Diddy = Win

There was a low tier tourney that I took 3rd in. Epic set against Snakeee's Shiek who I took to the 5th round...but still couldn't pull out the win...like usual :/
Still, I had him sweating...lulz

I played a set against Zucco aka PK Impact's Ness who was my first set of Low Tier. He 2-0'd me and I went to Losers. I won 3 sets in Losers and had to rematch his Ness.

I 2-0'd him. Revenge felt so sweet. His Ness was still wicked though XD

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
...I agree with KID, someone has to step up and tell everyone low tier tourneys are low tier tourneys for a reason. Low tier characters only, not the 'supposedly bad mid tier chars'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom