• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Tournament Results CHANGING THIS TITLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
...It does matter when you lose the game.

...Err, anyway I went to another tournament this Sunday with Kita, and we kind of both lost to the same Snake player.

...Sheesh, next time if I end up fighting a Snake I'm either going to Frigate or Japes, and either Picto or YI if they decide to ban either.

I don't even want to talk about who sent me to losers right now, because I know d*** well I'm gonna get a lecture from K.I.D. I do not need.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I don't even want to talk about who sent me to losers right now, because I know d*** well I'm gonna get a lecture from K.I.D. I do not need.
D-Tilt Lucario?

:093:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Nah, I got Lucario taken care of ever since me and Kita have like been practicing with each other for quite sometime.

It's a trade-off, since he probably won't lose to any other Sonic anytime soon (as if Vegas had any other somewhat high placing Sonic's to begin with), and I have all the Lucario MU experience I could ask for.

Now If I can start getting some real friends within the smash community, I can get myself conditioned to some more characters.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Hey, you sonic people should go discuss the sonic-snake matchup in this thread.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7325596#post7325596

I know how much you all love voicing your opinions :laugh: But seriously, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Whoops, this probably isn't the right thread for that. I'll post it in the appropriate place XD

To make this on topic: X got 2nd out of 22 on saturday.

___X___

Smash Lord
x still ***** lol

but dam. . . my sonic was a champion
lucky lucky lucky! my curly haird honey!

how you doing buddy? still keeping up with sonic????

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD do you still have that hot girlfiend? shes hot.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
He was probably banned a majority of the time.

Oh @#$%, before I forget, get hyped n****s, I gots mah own good news, and I literally mean that I will be recorded in Koku's thread, for reals.

I'll let y'all know how it went down once the results are up.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
No, i had weekly tourneys since september. Every time save 4 total i have been top 5 or better, i believe my best overall being 3rd out of 33 ppl...

But yea, if you'd care to know, it was only 9ppl entry, most were there for melee :/

I pretty much post in teh steak cinemas now

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
**** @ Apex.

Ophelia and Kai getting 49th each using Sonic/MK, Sonic/Diddy, respectively, and Malcolm getting 65th with Sonic.

What happened?
Step it u~p.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
BlazKata, I must say, not only are your tourney results amazing, but so is your Avi/Sig.

...Still waiting for official results before I post anything I accomplished over the weekend...

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
And the risk was not worth a power greater than Snake's UTilt.

...You know I hate posting like this and keeping people waiting, so I'll just tell you I got 5th out of 13 entrants.

Had some of Vegassmash's best players there too, so it's legit.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
**** @ Apex.

Ophelia and Kai getting 49th each using Sonic/MK, Sonic/Diddy, respectively, and Malcolm getting 65th with Sonic.

What happened?
Step it u~p.
I didn't even see Ophelia TOUCH Sonic in brackets, but Kai is legit.
Malcolm was too steak, but yeah...Mothers Day johns >__>

As for the rest of us Sonics, you can hear our pools stories/johns in my Apex thread.

:093:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Eh, Z hasn't made any signs of uploading results, and it's been almost a week before I've even reported to any of you how I did at my last tourney.

So here's yet another story from Kinzer, if any of you care enough to read it after I post the format stick around.

The Cybernetic's Core Brawl 'Till you fall
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=5996
May 9th, 2009
Out of 13:
5th - Kinzer (Sonic)

Yes, I know the link is not the official results, so until the real one gets uploaded (if it ever does), You'll just have to take my word for it, but I'm sorry you're skeptikal. Whether this gets uploaded here or not doesn't matter (but I would love to be able to get the actual results to post them in Ankoku's thread, I have all the players that placed 7th and better and the characters they used too...)

So this place was awesome, it was a lan center that had working Hi-Def T.V.s ready to go; All people had to do was bring their Wiis and we could play. That was good considering I brought mine and we had about 6 set-ups so the tourney went freaking fast and people got in a buncha friendlies.

I get there pretty early compared to everybody else, For about an hour it was just me, the TO, and this Ness player who happens to be so good it makes you wonder "why is he even playing Ness?" That doesn't matter though, I know I am a hypocrite when I say that but anyway I get in a couple of matches with that Ness player (and I suppose I spectated a lot of matches too) and jeez it didn't help too much that we only fought in one set before where he managed to beat me pretty handily, but I was still having trouble just bringing him down to the last stock. I managed to win like 3 at most... so either Ness is better than I presumed or I didn't consider him so much of a threat (or both). Regardless, I think I have my own low-tier rival now to help me with the MU.

Fastforwarding to doubles, as usual I end up sucking, but oh well at least Kita is much better than getting some random scrub guy (which to be honest there were none at this tourney, we had 13 of Vegas' best players here, no lie). At least while time was flying by, waiting for doubles to end me and Kita managed to get a couple of doubles friendlies (and we did friendlies amongst ourselves to), we did okay I guess, I tried to play Ike but again that only went so-so.

Now here's where it matters: singles. I'm so hyped to do good as usual, I didn't think of who was around/who I would have to fight/how many people where in the tourney (well okay actually I love to know how many people are around, it means more practice/placing if I do end up getting deep.), I just wanted to do work with Sonic. And do work did I do.

My first opponent was against Vegas' Zelda/G&W player. It was pretty cool since this guy hates (playing against) Sonic with a burning passion from what I saw/he told me. That probably gave me the upper hand knowing that my opponent had a mental block against a semi-trashy character (no, Sonic's not really bad but compared to other characters, you all know how it is). Of course I won the set, but I was kind of sad that he couldn't play as good as he wanted to (infintes were banned at the tourney, he CPed me to Cruise, and he managed to DTilt-lock me against that wall... :/) and that it kind of ended up being like some false sense of security feeling, but regardless I shrug that off and move on and enjoy the win.

Still... G&W players are so reliant on that silly Bucket Braking, he tried to Bucket Brake which was what ended up as his last stock in flames. He ended up being thrown back to the stage via some wall we couldn't see (although if that wall wasn't there he would've died anyway, I got him with a smash attack at unsurvivable %ages no matter what), he came back right next to me with that bucket in front of him (that thing seems to have decent lag putting up) and just ate another smash attack and it was as good as "Game!" I can't blame him though, I would probably have done the same thing with ASC (but at least my Bucket Brake has a hitbox and moves me forward. :p), but after this display it's probably good to know when you're out, no matter what... Link mains should know how that is in terms of recovery without a bomb jump.

Okay, enough of that, next match! It was bad, I got one Vegas' top players (and by top, I mean he can take out SK, and he even ended up winning this tourney). He plays Wario, so yeah as much as I tried to take it slow and stuff, I still got chomped, **** on, and shoved around like a doll. It did kind of feel good to Pawnch him when he whiffed Bites (and when I remember to angle it up so I didn't end up getting bite...) and I managed to get a grab-released Fair on him which felt just as good as well to try and return his gay (well okay not so much gay but his way of taking me was just maddening and @#$%). I was kind of infuriated with this set, the guy had his GF on his lap, and he was talking to her/other people (maybe I didn't hear other people but I know those lovebirds were jib-jabbin'), he has so many distractions I don't know how he didn't manage to three/two stick low percentage me handily... but at least I managed to always get somewhat close, especially on the second match where I took him own to one stock.

But that's not what bothered me so much as to what exactly he said. It went something around the lines of "Now I know why X has D3 as a counterpick, because Sonic get's countered."

...You gotta be kidding me.... X has his own reasons for having to resort to CP, and I know that it would most likely be personal preference, but in no way does Sonic seriously lose to anybody with enough dedication, especially not Wario! I was polite enough not to say anything at the time but if the guy happens to be reading any of this or my shout-outs on the Vegassmash site, he knows I'm going to be coming after him with vengeance. Regardless, the set/matches were GGs honestly and I look forward to rematches more than getting revenge, losing to him means I still have some work left to do, which means I know I haven't peaked yet. I know Sonic has a ways to go and I still have a lot to improve on before anybody can tell me with a straight face that Sonic isn't tourney viable, especially not when I came closer to taking him down!

I'm sent to losers, my next match is with Kita. Nothing too extraordinary other than me winning the first match and him wanting to go to Picto. Out of Shock I asked him "why, you know that Picto is a decent Sonic stage!?", and then he was having seconds thoughts and ended up going Pirate Ship even though I told him I was more shocked than persuading when I made my response. To be honest his Lucario is fine, but he really needs to work on some player stuff, he was telling me how he has bad DI and he's messing up attacks and getting punished for it. Maybe as time passes he'll be able to get rid of his problems and give me even more of a fight than he already does. With Pirate ship being a big, open stage I managed to take advantage and try to wear down the match if possible at the time ( I didn't necessarily play campy, but it was fun to move around while me and him were having fun playing around as well) and avoid the water since I knew It would be a bad place to be with him around in or outside the water. Maybe Kita had other reasons to CP PS/Picto other than lack-of MU-knowledge (I know he knows some stuff on Sonic and that with me he knows how to play against Sonic somewhat), but again this isn't too big of a concern if one at all and I report to my next match.

My next set seemed like kind of a fluke, though, but I won't say I'm not proud of my accomplishment. Even though I didn't know at the time that even if I lost I would place 7th, I still gave it my all because I was actually doing good. I fought this guy before against his Peach/Marth, and he manages to beat me alright in friendlies, but he went Snake/D3 on me. I didn't know which I would rather fight but since he was telling me that he was working on Snake aftert he set was over it seemed to be "meh :/" at the time. TL/DR I know (and I think he acknowledged/s too) that if he had gone Peach or Marth he would've beaten me and eliminated me from the tourney. I asked him why did he use Snake/D3 against me (and I question how I won but that wasn't important, it just happened so yay me! :D) and he just said he didn't mind me beating him with his new CPs and congratulated me. I felt so bad though but then again it's not my problem to focus on more than one character right? Just a sacrifice you have to make I suppose (luckily I have a purpose to go only Sonic that I do not regret).

Moving on to how the set actually went out, he managed to beat me (or was Frigate his CP? I don't actually remember anymore but he went D3 on Frigate and I know I won that one so he had to CP, and surprise surprise (sarcastically and seriously) he goes to Battleship Halberd. Can somebody tell me who won and who lost if the order went like that? I think I lost the first round correct?) The last match was so tense because I managed to take advantage of his mistake offstage and gimp him but he was making a comeback and considering the stage I know I was at a serious disadvantage, I had to do something or I would lose, and I was more determined than usually to stay for as long as I could possible. I somehow won the match and of course I report to my next match.

Well... I figure with how good I did my next opponent would be an admirable foe... I look at the TIO TO and on the opposite side of the bracket I see "SK92." He was watching a friendly so he didn't see my reaction, but basically I made a "wooooauuuuuhhhyeahuhuhuhu...." with a girly face (the ones that look liek their crying and happy at the same time XD... or like that, but not so much happy as "XO" Or close to it... I hope you know what I mean because this is getting annoying to type and I'm going to type something else...)) Everybody was laughing at my reaction. So after that little moment is done I go call SK and I tell him "c'mon dude, come finish me off." and he just agreed to finish our set.

Yes by now you can probably figure out it ended here, but listen up, SK goes MK on our first set. I doesn't afraid of anything so I go Sonic and luckily our first match was played on FD (my supposed MK "counterer" stage). I can't tell you 100% whether he was going all out on me with MK or if he was holding back, but he was going full force, you'll be glad to know that I managed to take his MK down to last stock even though I ended up SDing. I'll assume he wasn't sandbagging, because I managed to make him use Falco for the next match (that's what he's known for, correct?). Knowing my chances of winning were quite slim to begin with, I thought I might as well experiment and go to Brinstar. I liked playing here because of having to adapt to the environment and Falco couldn't begin to think about camping. I still lost with him at two stocks I believe but at least I managed to draw an audience and feel good about playing him. I think I'll start going to Brinstar for D3/Falco from now on maybe... maybe not so much D3 but I know where I can go if I can't think of anywhere to go with Falco, would anybody like to tell me more about Brinstar/who to CP/not CP there?

And that's my tourney experience, I had to leave after I was done because Mom wanted to go have DINNER! with family. I wanted to stay longer and play some more friendlies with some guys but I didn't want to disrespect mah mama on the day before mother's day (she also asked prior) and feel bad or whatever so I went, but not without saying good bye to everybody. DINNER! was awesome because I actually got to eat a 16 oz. Steak. I'm like "ah Hell yeah, I get to place 5th and wash it down with epic win!"

As for the people there, they were all cool, and I managed to find another person who plays Sonic in tourney (whether or not he stays Sonic is unknown to me). He was legit, he had a Sonic shirt and hat (and he has plushies to boot. He also had a picture of Tails on his GC controller, in fact he goes by "Tails" as well), and I saw and felt that he had potential. but with my knowledge of Sonic I ended up beating him I suppose (I played ditto matches with him), man are Sonic dittos fun or what?! I look very forward to seeing him around Vegas tourneys more often and seeing if I can help him get better/refer home to this place. What a shame that very little of Vegassmash actually come to Smashboards frequently, but that's no problem.

I represented, being the highest placing Sonic at the tourney! (There were three including me.)

Thanks for reading this WoT, I hope I can do the same thing again this Saturday at SK's 3rd monthly at the Cybernetic's Core.

___X___

Smash Lord
how many times did you talk about me in this big old thing? eeesh!

highlight please! im too lazy to look.

EFF YOU ALL!! cept you kinzer, i already EFFED you with my sonic bahahahaha

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I only mentioned you once X.

...You gotta be kidding me.... X has his own reasons for having to resort to CP, and I know that it would most likely be personal preference, but in no way does Sonic seriously lose to anybody with enough dedication, especially not Wario! I was polite enough not to say anything at the time but if the guy happens to be reading any of this or my shout-outs on the Vegassmash site, he knows I'm going to be coming after him with vengeance. Regardless, the set/matches were GGs honestly and I look forward to rematches more than getting revenge, losing to him means I still have some work left to do, which means I know I haven't peaked yet. I know Sonic has a ways to go and I still have a lot to improve on before anybody can tell me with a straight face that Sonic isn't tourney viable, especially not when I came closer to taking him down!
If this paragraph isn't clear enough/is still TL/DR, I was talking about how this guy makes assumptions because you were reported to use D3 at the last tourney we know of.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Is that wario you're talking about LeoFTW and is the Peach/Marth Peapo?

LOL tell Leo that X has only gone DDD in one tourney and only in one set in that tourney (against me XD). He goes Sonic on everything else.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Right on both of them Ken.

I don't think I'll tell him anything unless I have to, otherwise I'm gonna come off as aggressive or some @#$% that I'd rather not be accused of/known for.

You need to come to Vegas again and do some sparring with me, if X won't/can't give you a fight I'll be d*** sure that I make Sonic my universal CP.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Right on both of them Ken.

I don't think I'll tell him anything unless I have to, otherwise I'm gonna come off as aggressive or some @#$% that I'd rather not be accused of/known for.

You need to come to Vegas again and do some sparring with me, if X won't/can't give you a fight I'll be d*** sure that I make Sonic my universal CP.
Yeah, there's no point in bringing it back up, just if he mentions it again.

And as much as I'd love to come back down to vegas, I'm a little hesitant to drive another carpool down there. Maybe if I can get someone else to drive..

And X's Sonic still gives me a challenge, it's just he has a better chance of winning if he goes DDD cause of how well I know the matchup. X's sonic is a beast.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Eh well I did say "won't", but yeah if you ever do come back down here. :p

Plus I also really do kind of need some more Snake MU experience. I have a little bit from the people here in Vegas who play him but it doesn't feel like I be really prepared if I ever come across some of the big dogs (no offense to anybody who happens to be reading this).

You know how I roll, so if you need to beat up on a Sonic I'm your man. No CPs, no mercy.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
You could always get Vegas to carpool up to Utah, you know ;)

Oh, and I will MM/friendly any and every sonic I can at the MWC Championships when we fly out there in June. So if any sonic mains are going to be there, get at me XD

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Psh, to the guys here in Vegas I'm just some random Sonic guy, at best I might be able to pay a visit to Utah sometime once Summer vacation is over, but ain't nobody gonna go OoS next door with me. Also it kind of takes some organization which I am too lazy to do/might not be able to do, what with only being 16 and crap. (and da**** I just remembered I'm going to get a Summer job so I'm not sure what that's gonna do... but at least I'm gonna make da moneyz.)

Maybe I'm underrating myself, but it doesn't make too much of a difference, I just cause some uproars beating some of Vegassmash's best with a "supposed" low tier character every now and then, but unless I can pull placings like this consistently I won't be recognized for much more. I have my moments I suppose but meh the people who use/place with high-tiers are the ones who get the real credit (as they should, they're smart not to scrub the floors in Hyrule).

Doesn't matter though, I'm happy with being an underdog. I'm still getting better as well so you'll never know.

...Heehee :E So looking forward to SK's 3rd monthly tomorrow, whether or not I end up doing good in the tourney I always find something new!

Slowly but Surely I can become a force to be reckoned with, if other people can pull off stuff like this then so can I!

Curaga

Smash Ace
Got a tournament I'm heading to on Saturday. My crew/website will be recording semi-finals/finals. Hopefully I can impress with some Sonic skills to get my foot in the door with the Sonic board ballers.

Going for that #1 spot!

Sega ftw, ;D

Umby

Smash Master
This thread is now about how X's Sonic still sucks. :p

Discuss.

On a more serious note, how often to Chris get to OoS tournaments? I'm heavily biased towards certain players' abilities when it comes to attending larger, more noticable tournaments, or at least traveling and doing well.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Teh Umby, go to the MWC championships and MM me. I want to see how I do against other sonics, and in turn compare X to as many other sonics as I can to see just how good he really is.

I don't think I'm going to lose a single MM. I want to see you sonic mains prove me wrong.

Edit: Chris has been to one OoS tourney and got third only to Leoftw and SK92. And the second OoS tourney he was going to with us, he got arrested for being a "runaway" because his mom is crazy, so he couldn't make it to the tourney.

Umby

Smash Master
Teh Umby, go to the MWC championships and MM me. I want to see how I do against other sonics, and in turn compare X to as many other sonics as I can to see just how good he really is.

I don't think I'm going to lose a single MM. I want to see you sonic mains prove me wrong.

Edit: Chris has been to one OoS tourney and got third only to Leoftw and SK92. And the second OoS tourney he was going to with us, he got arrested for being a "runaway" because his mom is crazy, so he couldn't make it to the tourney.
My apologies, but I couldn't help but laugh at that last part.

I don't get out of GA much myself, but I suppose I can look into MWC championships just for you.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
You could always get Vegas to carpool up to Utah, you know ;)

Oh, and I will MM/friendly any and every sonic I can at the MWC Championships when we fly out there in June. So if any sonic mains are going to be there, get at me XD
I think I already said I'd be there but just in case... I'll be there and I'll take your money MM ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom