• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Tournament Results CHANGING THIS TITLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
wtf?

WTF IS WITH THESE REDICULOUS LOW TIER CHARACTER LISTS!!

SHIEK? IKE? LOW TIER?

GTFO
...I agree with KID, someone has to step up and tell everyone low tier tourneys are low tier tourneys for a reason. Low tier characters only, not the 'supposedly bad mid tier chars'
I agree. I was pretty pissed that not only did I have to play a pro, but a pro who still had a character advantage in a LOW TIER tourney :/

Took him to the 5th match, but I lost...so I have my johns :/ lol

Why is KC using lame steak jokes when he's more affiliated with[/IMG]

?
Agreed XD

:093:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
LOL we just want Sonic in Low-tier so we can steal people's money! ;D

And by we I mean the people who just want easy money in LT tourneys, I really would rather have an accurate list of the metagame.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Characters like Sonic?

There is no way sonic is low tier. The people who made the tier list are just supid and/or haven't fought a good Sonic :laugh:
Sonic will NEVER make it out of low tier. Quit kidding yourself.

-----

Oh, by the way, went to a tournament this weekend.

SWAT
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7455949#post7455949
May 23, 2009
Out of 32:
9th - Espy (Sonic)

Having to play Razer in winners, and then Dojo in losers sucks pretty hard. :p

There's other results too. Mach A1 and 5 Letter S Word v. 3 were the names of the team I was in in those respective tournament events.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
its really fsking up sonics tournament results when theres characters like ike and shiek in low tier tournaments. I realise sonic isnt low tier either but when hes OFFICIALLY in mid tier ill get upset at him being in low tier tourneys too. its really stupid for individual people to just decide, "oh wel this character is really bad so he can be in the low tier tourney". thats bs.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Would it be legit discussion to talk about Sonic (and other characters) in LT tourneys here or nah?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
So, I motion that for the next Low Tier tourney, we don't allow the "Mid Tier, but supposedly bad" characters. No johns if you can't play legit low tier, step it up.

Example.
Shiek and Fox are two of Link's worse matchups. Shiek and Fox are allowed at this low tier tournament, giving them an unfair advantage to a legit low tier main.

Example.
Camalange shouldn't of gotten 3rd when the people that placed in 1st and 2nd used either Fox or Shiek.

I'll repost this in the next tournament thread if need be.

:/

lol, i completely agree. i barely play fox or PT and beat players who actually main or secondary low tiers with them. i have a problem with PT, fox, sheik, and SONIC though.
cmon, sonics have placed well in regular singles.. i don't see any other low tier getting anywhere near the placements of sonic. he is obviously the best low tier character, but i don't think any of the other low tiers can really compete with him at all.
I believe Sonic is mid tier and actually barely on the upper half of the roster. You have a point though, yet you have to factor your own character into that equation then.
Just some posts taken from my recent tourney results thread.

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
No, Might as well profit from the SBR's shenanigans. AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
Buuuuut, I guess it's the tourney host's decision. lol

And I think Sonic is probably the most represented low tier. Which can also be a reason why he's so good at low tier tourneys. Since the Sonics at the low tier tourneys are actually used by Sonic mains. While most everyone else uses their 2nd/3rd.

___X___

Smash Lord
do you hear me? talking to you? across the waterrr across the deep, blue, ocaaaan under the open sky oh my, and baby im trying......

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Any other sonics going to the MWC Championships? I wanna MM you all.

So far I have ITT and then Teh Umby said he would try to come. Come on sonics, you guys need to represent ;)

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Awwriiiiight SM5, good job on that :)

The top 4 there was pretty guaranteed with those people in there :p

You placed just as high as Inui. It made me giggle.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Good **** as always SM5

:D

As for myself, I've been stuck on my 9th place streak ;__: and no, not even a 9th place steak...just streak.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
this is still good progress. i think as long as sonics get in the top ten, this is where we should shoot for everytime. sonicmaster got 5th. this is steak. mission accomplished as far as proving tourney viablity yet again.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
ShadoFiend and I are stuck in the same 9th position XD

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
ShadoFiend and I are stuck in the same 9th position XD

Test Your Might V!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=235883
May 30, 2009
9th out of 36 - Ithrowthings(Sonic)

This is probably the worst I've ever done at a tourney this size... I'm blaming it on the fact that I had my car towed before the tourney, I was the one hosting the tourney, and no sleep cuz of girl troubles the night before.

I lost to King Beef in Winners and BBoy in losers. I've beat BBoy in both Grand Finals and Loser's semi-finals at two other tourneys. I've lost to King Beef before in winners bracket but I came back and beat him in Loser's semis.

Test Your Might V! (Doubles)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=235883
May 30, 2009
3rd out of 9 teams - Ithrowthings(Sonic) & Beegs (Marth/Snake)

This is more like it. We took Quivo and Wakka to the last game. First game we played against them on BF we freakin 4 stocked em. You gotta watch the videos online once M@v posts them, they are super epic. The only reason we got third is because I've been cursed with third place. (like 15 times now I've gotten third... so annoying)

infomon

Smash Scientist
Not as bad as this coming Saturday. I've already promised away tons of cash in MM's; Ally and Holy both, etc. Not to mention travel, venue + entry fee, ........
Should be good times :)

I'll get the GF vids from this last tourney up soon (along with gf2's vids lol).... you can see how lolzy my area is :psycho:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom