• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Tournament Results CHANGING THIS TITLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
My new tag is going to be +8

lolol

I thought Sonic was going to make Mid Tier, but not that high XD I don't really mind, he outperforms every low tier character, and most mid tier, so it only makes sense. We're finally taken seriously.

:093:

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
My new tag is going to be +8

lolol

I thought Sonic was going to make Mid Tier, but not that high XD I don't really mind, he outperforms every low tier character, and most mid tier, so it only makes sense. We're finally taken seriously.

i guess my new tag will be -2 then because apparently that's where i'm at now >_>

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
might as well just make your tag #2, cus it could be interpreted as a good thing, even tho youre the second worst character in the game.

lol low tier scrub...

wow, this feels great

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
C'mon Lawz. Why don't you play a mid tier character or better? You'll never win with that elf.

I agree with Kid. It's awesome.

<3 Lawz even if I barely know you

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Oey, I don't want to say much because I didn't go to a tourney, but rather a game night.

They had Brawl+ there... <3 my community, they hate it as much as I do, and now I can honestly say that the game sucks terriballs because I played it myself... and honestly it felt like the exact same thing!

Though maybe much wasn't changed with Kirby, except now I don't have to worry about my Bairs being decayed or any lag so I'm free to mindlessly spam aerials. In no way am I going to disgrace Sonic with such an abomination of a game. Most anybody else around here can tell you the exact same thing, and that they would much prefer Melee over that garbage. Even though Melee doesn't have Sonic, I QFT that over 9,000 times. Kirby also had no Sweetspot anyway, so again little had changed for him, and I might as well have been playing regular Brawl. It also didn't have those LOLCombos I had hoped it would have, but whoop-de-freaking-doo, I could chain ONE MOAR! ATTACK!! Not that much different from the original. Seriously where does the hype for this game come from... the biased developers who weren't satisfied and had to find something else that wasn't Melee? I bet they don't want to have to deail with MK or the fact that not all characters in be balanced... oh well, let them live in a world filled with lies, if Vegas suddenly converted to a B+ community I would much rather go back to wasting my life on WoW.

Although now I really want to get hacks, like infinite replay and all the other cosmetic stuff, because if there's one good thing about hacks, it's that it can give you other stuff. I did manage to get a skin for my Gamecube, courtesy of Tails- another Sonic player here in Vegas.

Speaking of Sonic players, I met yet another one.... how many is that here in Vegas, 4, maybe 5? I lost track, but anyway he seemed... okay. I don't want to judge off of one crew battle/ a couple of team friendlies.

Oh yeah, crews are also fun to, we did a draft crew of 8 on 8, and I manage to steal 5 stocks before I got knocked out... I want to either get in a crew or be drafted into more of them, it is seriously way too fun!

Other than that we raided a pizzeria. I didn't eat anything though I'm kind of on a strict no super greasy meals. Nothing else major other than what I've already said.

I'll report back Monday, I'm going to be going to the last weekly at the venue at PnT. the week after they're going to move to a venue closer to my house... SWEET!

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Brawl + can be kinda fun. Just stop thinking about it as a competitive game. I play it at my tourneys every so often with someone who helps make the changes in brawl +. It's kinda funny sometimes

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
ah your all a buncha tier whores =)
Nah, we're OG. We mained him from the low tier days :p

#2, lmao...that's great. Sorry bro, Link boards gotta pull a Sonic or some ****. Steak and Beer ftw!

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Nah, we're OG. We mained him from the low tier days :p

#2, lmao...that's great. Sorry bro, Link boards gotta pull a Sonic or some ****. Steak and Beer ftw!

From day 1, we repped Sonic

And... we arguably made the most advances the fastest, and had one of the best player-sets as we all represent well in out local things. We know who did... thanks *patsselfonback*

Thats good shiz...

I feel dirty though... i thouroughly enjoyed being low tier and ****** ppl who talked **** and didn't ever play a good Sonic... its too good a feeling. I can't help but fear the loss of that now... :(

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
From day 1, we repped Sonic

And... we arguably made the most advances the fastest, and had one of the best player-sets as we all represent well in out local things. We know who did... thanks *patsselfonback*

Thats good shiz...
That's how I feel about the whole thing. It was a community struggle and we prevailed over what people said we couldn't.

:D

I feel dirty though... i thouroughly enjoyed being low tier and ****** ppl who talked **** and didn't ever play a good Sonic... its too good a feeling. I can't help but fear the loss of that now... :(
I had that feeling for a while, now just say "I'm so good I made my ****ty character Mid Tier" It'll catch on. Also, ITT started the new trend! Instead of saying "You're too slow" it's all about the "Told you so". It has a nice ring to it XD

Also, make your new tag +8

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
yeah guys i really don't feel like updating this anymore

who wants to take it over?
i think i might add a small sonic tournament play guide before i hand it over though

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Well memphis, I'm not leaving Sonic anytime soon and I check the boards everyday. I could maybe take over...although I've abondoned my stage thread...this one is much cooler and we have gf running the new counterpick thread anyway.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
yeah guys i really don't feel like updating this anymore

who wants to take it over?
i think i might add a small sonic tournament play guide before i hand it over though
You're not gonna add one. You're too **** lazy, MC.
Prove me wrong.

Oh wait, you're not. You're too **** lazy.

I'll take over if anything else, but Camalange beat me to it, so he's got priority over the position.

Unless Camalange wouldn't mind teaming up for this thread.

Besides, I have some new results to post that won't get put in this thread, since you're too **** lazy.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
I WILL DECIDE

i want umby to have it but hes gay anyway

but uh, i'll think about it cam/puff. I MOST LEAVE MY LEGACY TO THE RIGHT PERSON

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I WILL DECIDE

i want umby to have it but hes gay anyway

but uh, i'll think about it cam/puff. I MOST LEAVE MY LEGACY TO THE RIGHT PERSON
It's things like this that make me want to have your offspring.

I ****ing hate you so much. <3
lololol, this bit made me laugh pretty hard XD

And Espy, we could definitley team up for this thread. Perhaps though I could hijack it since you have your Winning Steak Cinemas stickied. That way you don't have to put your main focus on both of these threads, and you can just help me out with this thread in whatever way.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I love Brawl+ as much as I love Item Standard Play ITT.

Not.

One.

Bit.

Unless you add Final Smashes.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
lololol, this bit made me laugh pretty hard XD

And Espy, we could definitley team up for this thread. Perhaps though I could hijack it since you have your Winning Steak Cinemas stickied. That way you don't have to put your main focus on both of these threads, and you can just help me out with this thread in whatever way.

That's perfectly fine with me. A co-op project never really hurts, and the WSC aren't as hard to manage as you'd think.

Of course, that ***** MC has to give us the okay.
Xs and Os to Chains.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I once had to find all of the tourney results from about 50 pages worth of thread and format them all at once. Junk took forever, but if i controlled the thread and could put in results whenever they came in i think i could run the thread

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Rawr.

Play N Trade Weekly #53 (last one)
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=6313
June 8, 2009
Out of 27
13th - 3030+ A.K.A. Kinzer (Sonic)

@#$% Olimar is such a ******-*** character, I swear to God the next time I face Xero I'm gonna beat him to death!! :mad:

... I call stage johns on that match too, I gotta get Vic to ban Corneria... at least until the false SBR unbans it... too bad that most tourney hosts don't strictly follow the format... because I had banned Luigi's in fear of getting CPed there (again). I learned my lesson the last time by leaving that stage free to CP, but I was not much better off on Corneria... and I tried to fight Gay with Gay and just camp and make him approach me... that didn't go out too well... Gosh I'm stupid, next time I get Pikmin latched on to me while I'm camping I'm just gonna Nair them off, I could've saved myself so much %age if I wasn't trying to Bair them off me... and **** White pikmin hit hard as Hell! Stupid blastlines didn't help either, getting killed @ ~80% sucks balls. Grrrr If Corneria wasn't legal I could've had that set!

...If I somehow find out Corneria wasn't actually legal at the time of the set I'm going to be so @#$%ing mad! :mad: well okay even more angry than I am right now anyway.

With that out of the way, let me all tell you how Malcolm felt when he would get bracket-@#$%ed, 'cause I know now what he has/had to deal with, and while it's great to play people who give you a challenge, it's d*** hard placing in that circumstance. Never before have I felt so accomplished to getting 13th before until now. I'm not particularly mad about this but @#$% Olimar, @#$% @#$% @#$% @#%$!!!!!!!

My first opponent was none other than the tourney host, Vicko. It went pretty well actually, I forget where most of the stages where (for neutrals anyway, I can distinctly remember CPs, common or otherwise), and I lost the first match... it was a good match though, don't know how it went exactly but oh well. I'm sporting Malcolm's 3030+ tag and I couldn't give up, I have/had something to prove. I take him to Japes the next set, and that went pretty well too. Sure the 2nd stock was rather a nuisance because he wouldn't die until he was somewhere at 240% but oh well what will you do? Won that match, and of course I ban Brinstar because I'm not going to do that... unfortunately he went to Lylat Cruise. I learned prior to this- the hard way, how good of a stage this was for Snake... what with the dark background and the grenades flying all over andt he practically invisible C4.

...My God was that such a tiresome match... it was so @#$%ing clsoe but I ended up Forward throwing him while he had a Grenade in his hand. I mistimed though, because he had enough time to air-dodge... Although that probably worked into my favor, because either he didn't drop the grenade or it was ready to blow up as soon as he got out of the airdodge invincibility frames... had that not happened he wouldn't have blown himself up for the kill!

Whew was I tired after that match, and they wanted me to fight Z right after. Though I guess I asked nicely/politely, they accepted my request to give me a break. ^_^ Z's always been able to beat me handily... still I wasn't all that disheartened to fight him... and the first match on Yoshi's Island was unusually close. I'll probably just have to avoid getting hit by those Thunders an I should be good... I took him down to last stock, but with a little bit of more practice I should be able to start taking off matches off of him, and hopefully sets too. Of course I lost but oh well. I CP to Brinstar... yeah, now I know that if I'm going to play Pikachu, I need a little bit more room than THIS. It didn't break me too much though, I figure if I was going to lose I might as well have experimented... I wanna see how I handle the MU if I take him to Delfino from now on...

Z's a pretty cool guy and doesn't afraid of giving me advice, he told me I was a bit too aggresive, frankly I know he's right. I'll have to start stopping in front on opponents and scaring them into something... this ought to help my baiting game tremendously. I'm so used to just bum-rushing my opponents in normal circumstances though... :3 Oh well.

I get called to my next match, and it was against some Random Boobies- Err, I mean Zero Suit Samus Guy. I had no idea who he was or how long he's been in the community, but surprisingly he was decent... and by decent I mean he picked up rather quickly on his CP to FD. I won the first set, but not without having to like turn his armor pieces against him... on the 2nd match those pieces probably were my downfall, I couldn't get control of them and he kept doing combos with them and @#$%... but meh regardless I CP to Frigate. I was kind of hoping he would stay Zero Suit because I know how bothersome that no-ledge part is to some people/characters, and good thing he decided not to change characters. ^_^ Again these came close... I couldn't abuse the stage as much as I wanted to but oh well, I pulled through to the end and won.

I don't want to talk about how the set went with Xero/Olimar... OMG that was just terrible, and I'm gonna petition Vic to get Corneria and/or Luigi's banned. At least when SiN comes around I know for a fact Corneria will be banned and if for whatever reason I see this guy again I'm going to ban Luigi's again (if it isn't banned anyway, I'm not certain of this) and he's going to have to find another way to be Gay other than the usual Olimar @#$%. God I wanted to win that set so bad because my next opponent was a guy that I've been meaning to fight again.. Oh well, at least the LOLimar guy didn't win that set, thank God. I know what I'll have to do next time so there's no way I'm going to lose again. I'll get vengeance for me and Tails, because Sonic should be able to take down that God-awful character (note, this is a lie, Olimar is a worthy opponent in the right hands but he is super Gay)!

Speaking of Tails, I think I should make him my apprentice... this feels extremely weird because he is older than me, but he is losing to opponents I know he could beat if he didn't have his bad habits, and he lost to the same Zelda player who I beat who a couple of weeks ago... pretty easily too until he went G&W and Rainbow Cruise on him too... that I'll let slip but not for Zelda. I know Tails has potential... but he just needs help. If I can't encourage him to make an account on Smashboards and read up on this kind of stuff, I'm going to start hanging around him more in tourneys and see if I can help him... I should even see if I can get him to partner up with me in doubles and see how he does... Well that, and/or start watching him in friendlies and guide him as he does his match... I don't think I can coach in-tourney matches, that would be a bit unfair to his opponent/s. I can at least tell him what he did wrong after regardless of whether he won or lost though.

Same would probably go to RCA who happened to be my doubles partner this time around. We did alright in doubles, I made a couple of mistakes I'm not satisfied though and we probably could've won one or sets had I not failed... but then again I'm not into doubles so blech. I did like a couple of friendlies and dittos, but when we were doing dittos he either plays like that against everybody, or he has some serious lack-of ditto knowledge... and his usage of HA made me sadface. I cannot recall one time where I did NOT punish him for using it... it's such a bad move and he kept using it like ugh! :mad: :urg: There was that, and he's probably very committed/predictable... I'll have to get him to step mix it up!

... Malcolm, understand this:

I will live in your shadow and/or make up for you now that you have gone to the Wario side of smash... Until you return- if ever, I shall now sport the 3030+ tag (I guess if you're still using this I'll be the Malcolm of the West Coast, I honestly feel we have similar styles (of course mine would be a downgraded version... for now) and we can both use this tag alongside our smash careers) and no matter what I will carry on the legacy that was one of if not our best Sonic... and I hope to even surpass it one day in hopes of being looked up to, just as you were my inspiration to never give up, I will continue to try my best, knowing that I will probably soon (if not already) set an example for others when they think "Sonic in Brawl."

I'll report back when I get back from SiN, if I end up getting pool/bracket @#$%ed I'll still try my best... I'm sure you never stopped or lost velocity just because some things didn't go your way.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Kinzer's epic tourney explanation. Win.

Well, that TO match vs Snake...gah. i dunno what to tell you about that. Stay away from tilts and be extra careful?

And Z sounds like a challenge. Being overly aggressive as Sonic isnt the best thing to do vs a pika, IMO. =/

Vs the ZSS, you were too distracted by Samus altogether. thats why you couldnt focus, you gotta get your head in the game!

And vs that Oli-thing...Even if the TO did ban those 2 stages, he can still take you to halberd or Frigate. Those stages are **** when playing Oli-thing as Sonic. But still, you can kill him earlier also, but he can do the same. Just try to get past this Olimar wall you have, because it seems like Olimars kill you all the time. :( Just keep the emeralds with ya, buddy.

^^Got this information via EMZ. he never stops talking about it, lol.

And keep striving for more with that 3030+ tag. If you are taking that tag, you gotta live up to it!

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Xero has a really nasty Olimar. Good stuff. And was that ZSS Kookaloo, or however you say his name?

If you want more practice against snake, just come to Utah and I'll give you all the snake practice you could dream of ;)

And vs that Oli-thing...Even if the TO did ban those 2 stages, he can still take you to halberd or Frigate. Those stages are **** when playing Oli-thing as Sonic. But still, you can kill him earlier also, but he can do the same. Just try to get past this Olimar wall you have, because it seems like Olimars kill you all the time. :( Just keep the emeralds with ya, buddy.
Frigate is one of Oli's worst stages... The no ledge=death for Oli's horrible recovery. You want to CP Oli to RC or to Frigate. Halberd is a good Oli stage though.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
I still read kinzers long tourney posts. ^_^

I am currently alternating between 3030+ and SONIC as my tags atm...so we can defintely share it.

(olimars love frigate...dont fall for the trap)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I still managed to win on Frigate, and if I shouldn't take him there what would be better?

Note: I dislike Rainbow Cruise, but if I must go there so be it.

@Ken, yes that boobies- err, I mean Zero Suit player I would've fought after Xero was Kokaloo. The one before I honestly never saw before.

@Speed, OMG I forgot to bring my Blue/Teal Chaos Emerald with me that day! Now I know why I lost!

I'll bring it with me to SiN though, as well as the Quilbolt Hedgehog Yu-Gi-Oh card I picked up from one day.

I'm sure Bionic would want this card. :p

Ant1

Smash Ace
Lol ur playing against olimar on corneria... perhaps u should've banned that stage? Lolimar is a character that can make u feel completely helpless, and thats a reason i believe that should make him higher in the tier list.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
If I banned Corneria, he would've just gone to Luigi's Mansion.

At least on Corneria I took down to last stock, I have no intention on reliving the last match on Luigi's when I DIDN'T ban it.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
im still attached to my original 3009+ tag

KID is my base

and im going to work in +8 into a few tourneys.

eventually Ill either stick with KID or 3009+ for my tourneys

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Hey, Speed Tag all day. I've been able to get to more tourneys these days. :) In fact, i am going to Chu's Dojo again. But Shado and Bionic arent gonna be able to get there.

Oh, and Ken Neth, Malcolm is telling the truth. I can understand what you are trying to say with his recovery, and yes that can hinder him. BUT, you are forgetting that the purple and yellow pikmin pluck rates go up for that stage. You dont want to be fighting an Oli-thing with Sonic and deal with those horrible killing machines...

I shall continue to find out things to get us around these Oli's. Time to talk to EMZ, lol.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
The pluck rates really aren't affected all that much. At least not enough to the point where it makes up for not being able to recover at all. I used to main Oli and I hated that stage, and so has every other Oli I've talked to.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
How the Hell do you make that work Terios? I can't work with the enclosed space Whereas LOLimar has no trouble since the f****t already spams smash attacks and pivot grabs and Up-Bs and Up Smashes anyway.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I'll bring it with me to SiN though, as well as the Quilbolt Hedgehog Yu-Gi-Oh card I picked up from one day.

I'm sure Bionic would want this card. :p
I must get this card and add it to my new deck :laugh: I should have this as I watch 5D's lol

I'm sporting the 3038+ tag in friendlies/tournies. 3030+8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom