• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Tournament Results CHANGING THIS TITLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
i do best when i dont money match, even if its for a dollar. but that's how i have to get people to play me sometimes, so i do it.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
i do best when i dont money match, even if its for a dollar. but that's how i have to get people to play me sometimes, so i do it.
So you do BETTER in friendlies?

That's odd, I think I perform my best when I'm fighting for something :/

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Camalange, you goin to the midwest circuit championships? Isn't that like, right next door to you?
Midwest circuit championships?

Is there a thread or something on this I can look at? I never heard of it...

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Oh...OH!

THAT'S what you're referring to? CoT4? Oooooh.

Yeah dude, I was just looking at that the other day with one of my friends. I'm almost positive I'm going. It's going to be epic.

I have no chance in hell of making Top ANYTHING, but man...that would be such an experience. Do you know if you're going for sure?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
CiTH, I'm hitching a ride...lol

It's what all the pros do.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Asian Parents....

I'd be allowed if I was driving, but to hitch rides from people they dont know?

They'd just laugh in my face at the thought.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
only pros give rides
o i c wat u did thar!1!!

So...since memphis is banned for only god knows how long, we should try to organize the results the best we can. Then when he comes back, we can just all make one big post again, like last time.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Asian Parents....

I'd be allowed if I was driving, but to hitch rides from people they dont know?

They'd just laugh in my face at the thought.

:( Your parents would allow you if your going to a GAME tournament?
They'd laugh in my face if I even suggested the idea.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I do okay in both friendlies and under pressure... although I think I would do better when I have something to fight for... but I wouldn't know, I don't pay attention.

Also did you just lose to OS in MMs ITT? I guess I can't blame you though, the very person who discovered the D-Tilt tech to wreck Sonic's hopes of being tourney viable is quite the challenge. I applaud you if you went Sonic all the time in those MMs though.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Wait a minute, what are you referring to Fizzy?

Either way if I ever had the chance to MM OS, it's all about the Speed Steak!

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I do okay in both friendlies and under pressure... although I think I would do better when I have something to fight for... but I wouldn't know, I don't pay attention.

Also did you just lose to OS in MMs ITT? I guess I can't blame you though, the very person who discovered the D-Tilt tech to wreck Sonic's hopes of being tourney viable is quite the challenge. I applaud you if you went Sonic all the time in those MMs though.
He didn't really use d-tilt much. Also, I think I proved to him that D-Tilt spamming doesn't work as well as he thinks it does. I MM'ed his snake and 2 stocked him on FD cause he kept using jab when I'd start a spindash and I could punish him all the time.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I always go all Sonic...lol

Unless it's friendlies, then I mix it up.

Or Falcon ditto MMs.

EDIT@ITT - That's the way to do it man!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Did you MM him with a character who had a good D-Tilt though? (BTW it's just a false-SBR reference, don't take it too seriously now.)

But yeah, I hope you showed him how well DTilts work on Shawnik.

Browny

Smash Hater
lol Tourney grand finals set 2 are up... no Sonic, but still. Set 1 might be up later, idk for sure

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=cbsi-RX_eaA&feature=channel_page
DJB (Snake) vs Ant (MK)
DJB (MK) vs Ant (Olimar)

Set 1 is up...
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=WbLDPaUzXjs&feature=channel_page
DJB (Sonic) Vs Ant (MK)
DJB (Sonic) vs Ant (Snake)

:(

Me and my bro are doing our best to make Australia not look so scrubby :p

btw theres only 2 sets coz I won the winners finals between me and him (Captain Falcon Ditto with EPIC knee finish, Lucario > His snake)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Good luck getting that arranged if you're not older than 18/employed/have a big venue.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
+ Can house people
+ Sort out brackets and stuff.

There's too many considerations for me to even bother thinking about hosting a tourney.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
hey ITT did you get my comment on that one vid about HAing against MKs tornado?
I told myself I wouldn't get on the sonic forums anymore and I told myself I wouldn't spring to d-air anymore yet here I am still doing both.

HA sucks against nado, my recovery still has enough options that I don't have to bother with using spinshot or homing attack or anything stupid like that to recover. I've seen both Espy and Rats die trying to use those recoveries and besides, recovery is just a playstyle option. OS uses MK's under the stage up b to upside down attack recovery wheras BYAA uses nado to recover quite a bit. I've lost to both these MKs several times and they've both won tournaments. Neither recovery is better, they're just different.

I know you were just trying to help, but I can't help but feel insulted when you come in and critique things that I either already know or am already quite proficient in. I'm fairly certain I've gone to, and placed in, more tournaments than almost any other sonic player in America and I'm fairly certain I've been playing him longer than anyone here.

Just because I don't come on to these Sonic forums all the time and say "steak" all the time doesn't make me some scrub or something. I can watch my own matches and see where I made mistakes and which direction my playstyle should lean towards.

I'm sick and tired of the sonic character forums being considered the slums of the internet. Stop doing stupid **** like banning yourselves and saying steak all the time and maybe the smash community might start taking sonic mains seriously. I HATE going to tournaments and hearing "steak" all the time. Anytime people tell me my Sonic is steak I wanna punch them in the freaking mouth because it reminds me of just how crappy the sonic forums are.

I've tried to do everything I can to make the sonic forums a better place by posting my results in the tournaments thread and posting my videos but It's a battle I'm quickly losing. I've had a lot on my mind recently and placing the lowest I've ever done in a tourney when I shouldn't have was bad enough, but your comments on my video were the straw that broke the camel's back.

Sorry for the wall of text, maybe if I say steak enough you guys might ignore the rest.

LMAO. Well...ITT is right and I know this kid. He does place well and has a very good Sonic. It may not be the best Sonic in the world but he does have a point saying that you guys are making the forums look like crap.

Yea, you can call me out and say that I don't even use Sonic but I have seen enough Sonics to know how has a good Sonic and who doesn't.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
All Sonic mainers < DTilt.

Edit: Also, WoT makes me very sad...

*Sigh*

You know, I wanted to take a shower (and after I'm done with this I will...)

I can't see the problem... I know one is out there... maybe even more than one... but I can't see them...

Okay, so we were quite the riot a few months, this I acknowledge...

God we were awful back then... is the problem that people still think we're like that? We've done and gone along way to trying to fix ourselves... is that not enough? I know we may still have some problems, but we are trying to fix them all... really...

Uhm... from my PoV, I find all these memes funny... and they sure as Hell keep me trying to play... why is it a different case with you for whatever reason ITT? I'm sorry if it's just that we're different people, but if I can know... To be honest, if it wasn't as lively or as comedic around here, I would've given up hope for Sonic... playing a character such as him is hard...

If you're mad at Kid, just go ahead and get pissed at him, he really tends to act like this... I dunno why, and I'm not mad at him personally, but I hear other people ranting on him the same way you're reading now.

...I even notice you're saying you're going out of your way to avoid the Sonic boards... now that really makes me depressed... and I don't blame you... it just really saddens me when there are people I could be working with to make Sonic a better character, but they choose not to come here, so I don't know if those kind of people exist where if I could I could lend a helping hand...

ITT, if you're reading this, please respond to me ASAP, I want your opinion and I want any help I can get to fix this board.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
wot text makes me think about how spammy the Sonic boards are,and how even though they're better than before,maybe it's still too over the top. I mean we still are getting our threads closed almost left and right :( Which might be why Sonic mains like 3k don't ever come around...
Don't go ITT D: Like Kinzer said, Sonic needs all the help he can get. And we can improve and are slowly improving as a community.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Uhm... the threads are just getting closed because they really do invite spam, it's better off they stay closed.

I'm still editting my rant.

Browny

Smash Hater
Meh, i hate the spam on this board as much as anyone else ITT

but If thats the price we pay to have an active board, fair enough imo. im sure about 30 other character boards wish they had the activity + productivity the Sonic boards do. But they can continue to believe the only thing that ever goes on here is spam, it makes no difference what others think.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Most of it is anger towards da K.I.D. I heard something about him at midwest regionals that made me pretty mad and I wasn't gonna say anything but then he posts crap like "if you're stuck on an edge just go under the stage" and "HA beats tornado" and it's too much I can't take it anymore. He posts an entire thread about "KID'S ATS" with a bunch of nonsense and normal moves that he slaps his name on.

He's not qualified to do that crap. I've been able to pay for my tournaments with my winnings and I'm not even qualified to name anything after myself. Also, Jab locks? Really? Don't tell people that want to get better with Sonic to try jab locks. They're next to impossible to set up on a decent opponent and even if you jab lock someone all the way across FD it's doing like 12% and a free f-smash. Not worth it.

The main problem I have with the rest of the Sonic forums in general is just the games. Half of you are banned and post more pokemon than the PT forums and "steak" just gets on my nerves. Instead of posting here, go post in your respective regions and find some tournaments.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Err... I don't know if you noticed, but most of us aren't really banned (at least not anymore), and it's in the avatars... which is a joke... like Steak or anything else.

So I've been cutting down on the Pkmn sig...

Uhm... just ignore Kids ego... I look past that and see that he's another person like I am who just wants to help.

One more thing... I don't really look into my regional boards here on SWF because it's Melee central at the West Coast. :/

As for the memes... uhm... good lord, that is near impossible to quit doing even if I tried... granted I'll only do it when it's appropriate, like when we're all clowning around... but does it really bother you to that point?

Shoot, I would be happy to hear that term, it reminds me thaat I'm not alone on this board, and people are actually keeping themselves up to date on what we do. I'm telling you, Steaksauce is literally our lifeline... it keeps me trying harder...

ITT, if it's alright that I ask you this one favor... please free yourself from the bias everybody else unfortunately faces, and I'm not asking you to become a frequenter, but I need to know that if I ever need help, I can turn to a person like you... if you can help us in stuff like correcting misinformation, or even just to give people advice or ideas where nobody else has come up with them yet... That would be much much much MUCH appreciated.

infomon

Smash Scientist
ITT..... most character boards have a lot of people that are inexperienced at the game, that's not just a Sonic thing. Post a vid on any forum and ask for comments, you'll hear some things you'll think are wrong.

If you don't appreciate KID's advice because you think it's wrong, that's fine... just ignore it, no need to be aggressive. KID's style comes off as arrogant, especially w.r.t. his thread about KID ATs, but if you're taking that seriously then I think you're the one with the problem. That was a genuine attempt to contribute novel ideas and conversation to the boards about Sonic's game mechanics, if you don't like it then just don't read it. KID makes silly names for stuff, noone uses them, it's all in good fun.

Complaining about spam, that's a legitimate concern, and yeah it's a problem (here and elsewhere). Complaining about steak and pokémon, that's just dumb. We've got pokémon on lots of serious legitimate posts that contribute useful information about Sonic's game mechanics. They're not a problem.

Mad respect for your skills and tourney performance, but I'm not really sure what you want from us. "Be better players and don't say things that are wrong", that's your advice? Obv we would if we could, but you could try to correct us when we're wrong, rather than just rubbing it in our faces that we all suck.

:054:

Tenki

Smash Hero
ITT is right about spinshot though. It is a crappy recovery option.

Why would you waste your double jump and limit your range so much when you're still in jeopardy of being hit away from the stage? D:

edit:
who's banned now?
wut wut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom