• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Tournament Results CHANGING THIS TITLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Grah, it still kills me that I made 9TH and barely missed top 8, then got 4TH and barely missed top 3 to make money.

D:

:093:

infomon

Smash Scientist
I still think there's a ton we don't know about Sonic's item usage.

Moar tech skill lullllllz.

I really think we have the advantage over Diddy, because one of his best assets is also our best asset.

Of couse it will require lots of testing and experience, probably with the help of frame/spacing data.

___X___

Smash Lord
heyy heyy heyyy! any of you wanna-be sonic mainers going to sk92's tournament in vegas on the 24th???

because i most likely am, and i would like to get some matches with you guys :D

___X___

Smash Lord
welcome back, X. I hope you have been training and keeping up to date.
Anyone, if you can make this tourney, dont hesitate. Any chance to show moments worth of Steak should be first priority.
hello there sonicmaster :D

yess Ive been trying my hardest to train and keep up to date. ive been discovering NEW sonic tactics on my own, pretty useful ones at that.

but yeah im really gonna try my best to go to that tournament, if i do... i plan on squirting STEAK juice in everyone's faces. :colorful:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Y'all suck, I hope somebody can manage to record the Steak dittos at SK's pad.

what would be even moar awesome, was if the MM was recorded and I won.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
lol, good luck Kinzer :p

I hope you know the Ness match up...

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.

yess Ive been trying my hardest to train and keep up to date. ive been discovering NEW sonic tactics on my own, pretty useful ones at that.

but yeah im really gonna try my best to go to that tournament, if i do... i plan on squirting STEAK juice in everyone's faces. :colorful:
Really? I hope you can share those tactics with us...Sonic rep. I am with Cam, too ithrowthings...Ness can be tricky sometimes.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

Let's hope they're new and applicable. *scoffs at the SCROD*
You'd better do something good if you go to Vegas, X.

And learning new tactics and not sharing them is downright ridiculous. All you're doing by holding them back is momentarily freezing any advances Sonic as a character could make.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Puffy, I KNOW you didn't just mock SCROD.

Ok, it's not groundbreaking, but it's pretty steak.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Puffy, I KNOW you didn't just mock SCROD.

Ok, it's not groundbreaking, but it's pretty steak.

I'm mocking it for its value on the tournament scene.
Not for its steak. It is quite amazing.

That, and I'm just angry today. I've been quite overdue anyways.

Need to go and punch something frail and weak...like a child.

brb.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
I did a SCROD last week.

I soooo wanna face M2K in tourney and land a SCROD on him. I wouldn't care if I lost so long as I landed it XD.

Lol tho if I made some sort of uber comeback win through SCROD XD

infomon

Smash Scientist
Need to go and punch something frail and weak...like a child.
Lucas?

also... SCROD = lol... I listlessly think of it whenever I'm stalling on smashville... I hop on the platform and see if anyone wants to jump into position.... they never do :( even tho they don't know what I'm plotting, lol.

The day we discovered SCROD, though, was a happy day indeed :laugh:

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Y'all suck, I hope somebody can manage to record the Steak dittos at SK's pad.

what would be even moar awesome, was if the MM was recorded and I won.
I have a recording setup, and I'm planning on recording most of the stuff involving the Utah players. So if you're referring to a ditto with X then there's a good chance it'll get recorded :)

Browny

Smash Hater
So I got good and bad news...

I took first in the biggest tourney of the year inmy state since brawl came out (its a yearly thing, only in january) :D

Reloaded 2009
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=210289&page=10
Jan 16, 2009
Out of 28:
1st - DJBrowny (Lucario, Sonic, Snake)

But my sonic didnt fare too well :( Semi finals I was taken way too close to defeat by a G&W with a few spinshot->G&W usmash failures to make me emo. Grand finals i got massive stage-gayed by PS1 and almost got 3 stocked by my brothers MK (I clawed it back to a 2-stock med-high % but still, consedering i beat it yesterday it pisses me off) and got hit by 3 nairs on the final stock alone vs his snake and barely lost after leading the entire game, I relied on lucario as my main more this tourney, he won me the important games. It just wasnt sonics day :(

meh at least there should be some interesting videos. the first two stocks vs his snake were as good as any ive done against him and set two has my snake and MK in action :p

~TBS~

Smash Champion
dude, you came in first and you used Sonic. how cab you even feel like that? I would jump for joy if I came in first, but still screwed up a little...i think. DJ, i didn't know you used Snake, and G&W is a hard match for Sonic, so dont feel TOO down. Good stuff, though.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
DJ, that's still a great accomplishment, even if it wasn't with all Sonic :p

DJ4AussieKing.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
DJ, it's probably because your not used to adding in all the new stuff not to mention that your sonic had an off day.
I mean, you said you would bring out all that jazz during the tourny, but adding it all in will make your sonic worse before it improves. Don't worry about it man. =/

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Spin Charge Roll Of Doom. On Smashville, charge a downB, and if your opponent jumps into the edge of the moving platform with you on it, The Spin charge will do more hits, and easily lead to a 44% spin charge. Any stage with platforms, like battlefield, norfair, and frigate, SCROD is doable. It works better on larger characters though, and it is pretty situational.

Browny

Smash Hater
DJ, it's probably because your not used to adding in all the new stuff not to mention that your sonic had an off day.
I mean, you said you would bring out all that jazz during the tourny, but adding it all in will make your sonic worse before it improves. Don't worry about it man. =/

Lol nah its not that man, Im quite good at all that stuff and have been doing it for a long while. there was just a massive series of unfortunate events that led me to drop sonic in the winners semis/ finals and grand finals coz i just didnt want to take the risk of more screwing up and looking like an idiot.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Spin Charge Roll Of Doom. On Smashville, charge a downB, and if your opponent jumps into the edge of the moving platform with you on it, The Spin charge will do more hits, and easily lead to a 44% spin charge. Any stage with platforms, like battlefield, norfair, and frigate, SCROD is doable. It works better on larger characters though, and it is pretty situational.
Weeeelllll..... not quite.

Original video: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=BghNRvRh9gI

The "any platform" version is just hitting them with SDR at the edge of a platform, and combo'ing it into a (multi-hit?) ASC afterwards; as the SDR rolls off the platform, it turns into an ASC.

But the original "SCROD" (and I'd thought the only one worthy of the title, but I guess we can call them both SCRODS), is only on Smashville or other moving platforms. As you hit with the rolling-off-the-platform ASC, the hitlag pauses you in the air while the platform catches up, so then suddenly the ASC is on the platform as an SDR again, which rolls off the edge with ASC.... and in each mode you can keep hitting them :laugh:

I hope that makes sense lol

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Lol nah its not that man, Im quite good at all that stuff and have been doing it for a long while. there was just a massive series of unfortunate events that led me to drop sonic in the winners semis/ finals and grand finals coz i just didnt want to take the risk of more screwing up and looking like an idiot.
Oh, mkay. =/
Still the king of Aussie, lol.
Even if sonic is sharing that position with 2 others. :p

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I have a recording setup, and I'm planning on recording most of the stuff involving the Utah players. So if you're referring to a ditto with X then there's a good chance it'll get recorded :)
It was a silly response man, I don't really care or not if I get recorded... though my good matches are always a bonus. :D

It's just a shame that it can only be replicated on moving platforms.

SV is Sonic's best neutral.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I prefer Battlefield over Smashville, but kay.

Yoshi's is my least favorite neutral :/

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Is a joke Camal, I only said that because SCROD was doable on SV. >.>

ANYWAY I want to remind you people I'm going to try to get Steak dittos with X, MM with his "rival" (seems appropriate), and if Edreese came to that tourney, moar MMs (if not, I know for sure he has to go to SiN).

I still need to get moar comfortable with the GC controller, however I just had a friend over play lots and lots of Barlw with me, so I'm closer than I was the last time.

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
Lylat's the best... imo.

===============

So got back from my first tourney.
One word:
Fail. =(

Don't even know what I ranked. Somthin' low.
Won my first match against some Dk/Fox user. Reletively easy.

Then got rocked and knocked into losers by a ZSS.
HDTv was laggy as ****. Coudn't do much anything Oos cause I'd suddenly roll... =T /john
I told them not to put me on that tv >_>

Got rocked by tourney owner DDD in losers.
DeDeDe srsly has a Chain grab on Sonic? I thought he could UpB out of it. O_o
Why would the Best Olimar in Az use DDD? Made me feel like I wasn't worthy. lol
D*mn you guys for skipping DDD match up in Match up thread. lolz

Worst of all. I didn't get to get a recording of my Sonic. The only tv that was recording was always takin' and they didn't put me on it during the tourney.
The moment the finals match was played on it. They packed up cause everyone just wanted to get the **** outta there.
It doesn't matter, I guess. I know what I need to work on... sorta.
Can't spin shot worth **** anymore.
DI sucks
Horrible reaction time is horrible.
Muscle memery ruins me. Instintively dthrows whenever I grab. Even though Upthrow/Bthrow would have been better.

Want to get a wii and get this game to work on my ****.. but getting a laptop is more important right now.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Dude, it was your first tourney?? Relaaaaaaax yo, appreciate the experience you gained from it, don't feel bad about performing lousy; it sounds like you were against some pretty crazy competition.

D3's chaingrab on Sonic is legit, if it's done properly. Many ppl mess up the timing; our up-B lets us escape if they're not doing it perfect, iirc (although there might be a window of a few frames they could be off, I'm not sure on the details).

If your timing was uncharacteristically off at the tourney, it's prolly because.... it's a freaking tournament! It's normal to be a little psyched out, a little off-time with everything; sometimes I can tell I'm inputting everything way faster than normal -- too fast -- because of adrenaline or w/e from tourney matches.... lol.

Edit: Wait you don't even have a wii? lol no wonder your muscle-memory is a bit off. (Then again I was pretty good at Melee without ever owning a gamecube lawlz....)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
At least tell us whether you showed that C.Falcon your moves or not... (in Infzy's case, C.Falcon wants people to show them their moose... sorry, I just had to get that out...)

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
No, I got rocked by that Falcon. >_> (friendlies)

He made it to the finals. Took out an MK and Snake or 2 in the process.
finals was his Samus/C falcon vs this guy's MK Snake.
All the matches were extremely close.

Also, throughout the whole tourney he used both Samus and Falcon evenly. He'd use Samus one match and Falcon the next. regardless of the match up.

Jab cancels were on point.
Finished a few sets with the knee.
Punished lag with Falcon punch here and there (lol not really but still).

I only faced him on the lag tv but he (some how) didn't notice the lag.

He rep'd the low tiers better than I did lol.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Just got back from Midwest regional championships... Full of fail in the brackets but MAN my MM's were on. Did a crapton of 1$ MM's, even MM'ed the guy who knocked me out of winner's and beat him on his counterpick. I think there's some vids of me MMing Overswarm like my 3rd time that tourney. Any money I won from MM's pretty much went to pay for MMing Overswarm.

Also MM'ed omniswell's IC... that crap is too good. I got him on smashville to time but my 2nd and 3rd matches got a little impatient... I don't think there's much Sonic can do against Lain's and Omni's IC... Lain literally CG'd from 30-death without looking at the screen....

Anyhoo, I'm goin to COT4 in eastern's regionals and should probably do MUCH better there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom