• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Tournament Results CHANGING THIS TITLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
@ browny, you should meet/converse/talk to caotic, or whatever his name is ( you know who i'm talking about), he is a good guy who pretty much knows what hes talking about.

@ kid, rankings of the sonic players.... ??? im confused
i just wanted to give a guideline of people to "be youtube searchable", so stupid people dont ask

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
yay for all...
blah blah redudant steak blah.
can the qbb result go in today?
far out...

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
yer ur right. meh its definitely been there for over a week......

thats k. its not important, naggin gets things done tho lawlz

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
You should really put this stuff in the correct format. Memphis beats me when you don't, yet like the abused spouse I am I return to him every night and sort out Sonic results, make him dinner AND scrub all the floors :\

QBB (QLD Brawl Buddies)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5432101
September 26th~, 2008
Out of 65:
Greenstreet - 17th (Sonic)

SpYrL

Smash Rookie
6th at something2do

Hey Ive only been playing sonic for about a week now and only entered one tourney do date with him. Proud to say I got 6th at something2do on October 11. Good times.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Hey Ive only been playing sonic for about a week now and only entered one tourney do date with him. Proud to say I got 6th at something2do on October 11. Good times.
The date? Number of people out of? Where?

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Memphis, will you accept results from a tournament using no tripping? I was reading the thread for the tourney I'm attending, and apparently they are thinking about implementing no tripping(lol I should get to work on my dash dance game then XD) into the tourney Wiis.

I wish I could find somewhere so I could practice brawl in NYC =/. I don't expect the best results with so many good players attending(35 entrants on AiB alone), but I'll try my best. I think just playing off of WiFi will be the biggest issue.

Lol haha I wonder if I'll be the only non-nub using a WiiChuck setup XD.

If anyone knows where I could play some brawl around NYC before Saturday's tourney, I would be greatly appreciative XD

Tenki

Smash Hero
Smith Hall Brawl Tournament.

October 4, 2008
Out of 16:
1st: Tenki/Steak

I haven't checked if there was an official thread or whatever for that yet, since it was held by the hall and not by an official TO, but I put it in the right format, just in case you want it.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Did he really? awe.

because I suck.

work johns. and didntwannapay30$tonotgetanyprizemoneyjohns

lmao

Umby

Smash Master
Dig this:

Out of every game where they called for sign ups, the ones for Smash managed to slip past my ear. aka I missed sign ups.

At least I ***** in friendlies though.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
Memphis, will you accept results from a tournament using no tripping? I was reading the thread for the tourney I'm attending, and apparently they are thinking about implementing no tripping(lol I should get to work on my dash dance game then XD) into the tourney Wiis.

I wish I could find somewhere so I could practice brawl in NYC =/. I don't expect the best results with so many good players attending(35 entrants on AiB alone), but I'll try my best. I think just playing off of WiFi will be the biggest issue.

If anyone knows where I could play some brawl around NYC before Saturday's tourney, I would be greatly appreciative XD
ur going to play and trade? alex's event in the city?

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
ohh no! not my TITSSS!!(Tournament results)

alrighty youu.

ill get them up as soon as i can.

woot.
hurry up

i wish u wud put mine up memphis
i don't think you placed high enough, right?

uhhh, i'll have to think about it. these results are based around the idea of the SBR recommended rule set, so i'll have to look into it

Smith Hall Brawl Tournament.

October 4, 2008
Out of 16:
1st: Tenki/Steak

I haven't checked if there was an official thread or whatever for that yet, since it was held by the hall and not by an official TO, but I put it in the right format, just in case you want it.
i added it anyway. you're tag is steak. i have to post it.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Memphis, allow non-tripping tournaments. The only difference is that the player isn't screwed over by random occurrences.
And that "regular" people can't practice the game that's being used in the tournament. :urg:

As was mentioned, this would make dashdancing better, so could actually impact how people would play. Sliiiiightly.

(I agree that tripping sucks, but I think it's worrisome to use a hacked version of the game at a tourney lol.)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you should, it makes the game more competitive by eliminating random elements

if your going to not include no trip tourneys than you should include items and FFA tourneys where warioware is a legal stage.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Shaky argument, Kid.

I dash-dance even with tripping. I RAR, I >b cancel, I do all sorts of trip bait, regardless. It's a completely random occurrence, so I figure that I may as well play no-holds-barred than pussyfoot around it, hoping I don't trip.

Allow non-tripping events, seriously. I'm planning on setting my Wii up to be a non-tripping super replay recording one. Not much use if I keep placing 3rd/4th in singles and 2nd in teams and it doesn't "count" because of one set. It's not like the whole tournament will be conducted on that Wii, anyway. Only finals. =/

Then again, I don't really report my results all that often, so I myself am not a deciding factor. All the same, if it's being used only for finals, what makes you think that we'll see too much action from it?

I don't want to make another Sonic Tournament Ranking thread just for this. =/

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Random events?

Peach pulls out a bomb/beam sword...
Peach's forward smash?
King Dedede throws a gerdo...
Luigi misfires into you...

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Random events?

Peach pulls out a bomb/beam sword...
Peach's forward smash?
King Dedede throws a gerdo...
Luigi misfires into you...
You have no idea how many times SDSG managed to NOT lose in tournament to me because of this single move. He'd be dead. I mean DEAD, out of the tournament, etc. Then he misfires right into me, and I die. VERY sad times.

D: D: D:

Peach's fsmash is a rotation series. If you expect it, stay out of the way of the best one.

Her turnip pull and D3's Waddle toss are different cases, but they're moveset properties designed to benefit the character, not screw them over. Tripping's only purpose is to screw you over. D: D: D:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
those are all metered and you know what the effects of those things will be...

ex.
D3 ratios
waddle dee 80%
waddle doo 15%
gordo 5%

missfire 1/8 chance

also those things are going to hit you if they are going to hit you, when you trip you dont know if its going to be at the other side of the stage or into a ike forward smash. or if the guy is going to trip trying to punish your trip (thats how you know sakurai hates you...)

when you trip it makes you miss oppurtunitys that you would have otherwise capitalised on. none of the things you mentioned to that.
and for the record, in all the vids ive seen and games ive played ive only seen peach pull out something that was not a turnip lik 5 times

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Shaky argument, Kid.

I dash-dance even with tripping. I RAR, I >b cancel, I do all sorts of trip bait, regardless. It's a completely random occurrence, so I figure that I may as well play no-holds-barred than pussyfoot around it, hoping I don't trip.

Allow non-tripping events, seriously. I'm planning on setting my Wii up to be a non-tripping super replay recording one. Not much use if I keep placing 3rd/4th in singles and 2nd in teams and it doesn't "count" because of one set. It's not like the whole tournament will be conducted on that Wii, anyway. Only finals. =/
This.

I just assume that I won't trip.

As a matter of fact, I tripped into a MK last Saturday at a tournament, and it BENEFIT me because the invincibility frames made his dSmash miss, giving me the chance to grab and rack up more damage.

I hope that one was recorded...

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
It's true that tripping can benefit you on occasion. However, it isn't really because you planned a trip. You just get lucky or unlucky. Screw the designer's intentions. If we can take tripping out, I'm all for it.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm not saying that it's good though, so don't get that assumption from what I typed.

I've had more bad luck with tripping than good. I'm one of the few who've actually tripped into an Ike f-smash during a tournament match.

That, and tripping with Sonic SUCKS, especially when you trip during techchasing (happened to me about five times so far).

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I'm not saying that it's good though, so don't get that assumption from what I typed.
It wasn't aimed at anyone, I was just joking... :/

I've had more bad luck with tripping than good. I'm one of the few who've actually tripped into an Ike f-smash during a tournament match.

That, and tripping with Sonic SUCKS, especially when you trip during techchasing (happened to me about five times so far).
I've only lost one stock because of tripping, and that match was not important. Tripping just hampers my pressure game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom