• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Tournament Results CHANGING THIS TITLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
to post results not like an idiot and to track the results that arn't post like the way X posts them

who the hell are you anyway and why are you in my thread

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Ankoku's List

I am really eager to see where Sonic stands on Ankoku's list when it comes back up. By the look of the tournament result thread we have a fair few top 8's that will knock us up the list. When's that coming back again?
November 1st?

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Sonic Current Placement

hai hai!!

im guessing hell be... between 15 and 20
Well, I just found at where exactly Sonic is at the moment.

Sonic is in the "standard" rank, with a score of about 60. #16 on the list.
I think this is pretty darn good. :)
And K.I.D.'s guessing powers scare me.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
The potential of Sonic to do anything is strong. It was a good feeling when I beat a (good, non-spammy) MK player and he said he had high respect for me for maining Low-tier characters (Ike is technically second to bottom from mid tier but this still feels good.)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
or....

maybe it just proves that the people devoted enough (trust me, it takes an anusload of devotion) to play sonic are just better than other people

choice_brawler

Smash Journeyman
Oct. 4
Out of 19
2nd - choice_brawler (Sonic/Kirby/Ike)

Oct. 11
Out of 36
9th - choice_brawler (Sonic/Kirby/Ike)

Oct. 18
Out of 24
3rd - choice_brawler (Sonic/Kirby/a lil bit o' Ike)

I'll pull off first next time no doubt, just gotta stop choking in winners finals.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Unfortunately we need a link to the thread where the tournament was organised or some other evidence of it occurring? Where was it? Did it have a name?
Let us know mate :)

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Man I come back here and it looks like 1/2 of the members are dead :(

Forgive the spelling error.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
puff, dont bag on him, i dont even go all sonic anymore.

i play like 4-5 characters for my matchups

i refuse to play broken characters so i have to pick up more so that i can do better against them

snake: wolf/fox/D3
MK: lucario/fox/D3

if it makes you feel any better, i still play sonic against just about everyone else. if those 2 werent so broken, i probably would go all sonic.

if you want to bag on people for not going all sonic, you can go eat somemore of that tornado sandwich that you seem to love so much lol.
and for that matter, so can X, he seems to love tornado almost as much as you

Napilopez

Smash Lord

i refuse to play broken characters so i have to pick up more so that i can do better against them

if it makes you feel any better, i still play sonic against just about everyone else. if those 2 werent so broken, i probably would go all sonic.

if you want to bag on people for not going all sonic, you can go eat somemore of that tornado sandwich that you seem to love so much lol.
Lolaso. He's still placing very well despite that though =P

Napilopez

Smash Lord
DMK still beats him with a legit BAD strategy
Because he hadn't face THAT spammy of an MK before, and I think he didn't know how to counter it appropriately. At least, there were moments where he had better options, to beat tornado, like springing or HA rather than trying to bair him out of it, no offense puffy mcpuff.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

It was more of a joke, but whatever. Is there anyone here besides me, X, Tenki, and Napi that goes full blown Sonic in a tournament?

So yeah, you get le' boot.

Oh, and Snake isn't broken. Learn to player.

I'd much rather eat a tornado sandwich and enjoy it, than play a MK that actually plays him well. At least with whorenado I have a chance. (I almost took out DMK in that best of 7)

Lolaso. He's still placing very well despite that though =P
As I said. Whorenado MK (Good or bad) < Good MK

DMK still beats him with a legit BAD strategy
He almost lost, so maybe he'll consider actually improving after that close set, or else next time things might not turn out to go so well in his favor.

Because he hadn't face THAT spammy of an MK before, and I think he didn't know how to counter it appropriately. At least, there were moments where he had better options, to beat tornado, like springing or HA rather than trying to bair him out of it, no offense puffy mcpuff.
This.

I never thought of spring countering or HAing the 'nado at all, so I hadn't had too much experimentation with the attack.

Next time I'll try experimenting a bit more during matches to see what is more effective. I've only played that style twice, and I think I've done quite well, considering how much more effective my choice of moves seemed to be.

@X: lol, You be Lance.

I'll be Lucien.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Can I be Lt Surge?
He's so pimpin, I bet he's screwing Misty in between playing with his massive Voltorbs back at the gym.
:057:

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Someone needs to ask memphis if he is willing to update this after the apocolypse... I know he said he wouldn't post but does that count editing?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Technically speaking, it doesn't...still it would be nice to get those two back...

Napilopez

Smash Lord
I never thought of spring countering or HAing the 'nado at all, so I hadn't had too much experimentation with the attack.

Next time I'll try experimenting a bit more during matches to see what is more effective. I've only played that style twice, and I think I've done quite well, considering how much more effective my choice of moves seemed to be.
i would definately recommend you try, as there weere times I saw you directly above nado and a spring would have killed him, but you went for the bair instead XD

Another thing, I saw you hit him out of nado quite a few times with bair. Most of the time the nado beat your bair is because you oft tried to hit with the front part of the bair, rather than with Sonics foot.

As of now how I see it, Use spring when directly above. HA when above and to the sides, or parallel with the top of the nado. Bair to approach head on from the air, but so that you are not facing MK, hitting him with the foot of the bair. Its disjointedness will stop you from being hit. From the ground, fsmash.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
^^ and if you don't get the hit, you might get lucky and be able to punish the nado's little lag with a quick d-air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom