• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something Most People Don't Know About You...(Read the OP before posting, please)

camerino1

Smash Lord
Well, I don't mind losing at all. It means I have things to learn. I've played a few people that when I first played them I couldn't even touch them. Now, I can get a KO, or even get close enough to beating them. I still have a way to go, but I'm getting better and I'm pretty content with that.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I'm better than all of you mutha****as, I just fap/have sex too much and my brain isn't the quick witted, snappy tool it used to be. Ya'll lucky I like emptyin' the tank often, *****es.

:phone:
O_____O

I thought that was a myth...

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
The only person that I can call off the bat that even remotely helps people get better is Overswarm, other then that, no one... I take that back, there's also Kel and Hilt. Those are the only three I can think of, that will tell someone what they're doing wrong and how to get better. Other than that? Screw this community.

Exactly... /GKlogic
<3

I do what I can. Love the smash community.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
If I had a pocket Overswarm/Hilt/Pierce/Orion I'd be godlike at this game. Hilt pretty much mentored me and now I'm spoiled. I always look for critiques and advice and I get REALLY discouraged when I don't get some help.
I tried my best to help you out when you stayed at my place for the night. We played vBrawl and Minus, like crazy. I think you'd get better if you lived with me, and you'd have more fun with Brawl.

Fonz is definitely one of the more knowledgeable and well-spoken players I've ever encountered. I always took his tips to heart.

And losing is not something I accept easily. I'll take a loss gracefully, but I'm usually far from content with it if it happens. It is what it is.

I'm better than all of you mutha****as, I just fap/have sex too much and my brain isn't the quick witted, snappy tool it used to be. Ya'll lucky I like emptyin' the tank often, *****es.

Fonz taught me all the Ganon I know. Other then that, not much else. He's my evil step-father at Smash, so Fonz is in the people that will teach you something, if you need to know it.

<3

I do what I can. Love the smash community.
We need to play, again. I want to see what my ICs can do against you. I've seriously picked them up for MK banned tournaments, and I'm having a blast with them, half-*** CGs and all.

clowsui

Smash Legend
i've often been able to provide useful advice to quite a few players xP day, sai, e_, steel, infern, bpow, sorasin, luminoth, excel, count, moose, calebyte...possibly a few more i am forgetting.

i don't usually give advice to people unless they ask for it.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Since it's on topic-

Something most people don't know about me: I give terrible advice :)

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
i've often been able to provide useful advice to quite a few players xP day, sai, e_, steel, infern, bpow, sorasin, luminoth, excel, count, moose, calebyte...possibly a few more i am forgetting.

I don't remember it now since it was so long ago, but I'm pretty sure you gave me advice on fighting Falco.

D

Deleted member

I played a series 3/5 friendly set with him a week after he won that tourney with ganon. I won all 3 games.
Honestly, I feel the same way about his Ganon. I played with him back in September and I won most of the games I played against his Ganon with my Wolf. It's very doable.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
The only person that I can call off the bat that even remotely helps people get better is Overswarm, other then that, no one... I take that back, there's also Kel and Hilt. Those are the only three I can think of, that will tell someone what they're doing wrong and how to get better. Other than that? Screw this community.

Exactly... /GKlogic
Well I mean I'm not bragging here and nor am I offended in the least, but I want to make it clear that I LOVE to help people, but I feel like I am completely useless at times and others I feel like I make it worse.

Like, I'd rather be a coach and encourager than an advice giver, because my advice is 50/50, either it works or it doesnt half the time, because the person I'm giving advice to either mains a character I have no !@#$ing clue how to even .... approach in terms of advice and whatnot, OR, they main Wario and just ... I CAN'T give advice on Wario! I'm only good at giving advice at using the bike, and dear god if anyone asks me advice on that the first thing I tell them is LEARN WARIO FIRST THEN WE TALK KTHXBI and by that I mean someone like bPow who is a great wario player from what I see but doesnt know how to perfect his bike tricksies or when it's appropriate. (no offense pow, I think your wario is super good I just think you need to keep playing with the bike more and figure your stuff out with me next time :))

Anyways

TL;DR I'd rather root people on, encourage them, and tell them DURING games to calm down or be cool, then to give them advice afterwards when it doesn't change what happened in the least because I suck at advice.

Ask Kass, everytime I've tried to tell her something she can do against Wario it's like, THERE, but it's not helpful in the least because I'm just not good at giving the advice needed. BUT, when I watched her match and rooted her on quietly next to her I felt like maybe that helped her better than any bit of advice I could have ever given her.

I think you're the same way Oreo, next time I we get together I will watch your matches and get you pumped the best I can. I'm not saying I'm great at it yet, but I think it's about the best I can do for players I really want to see improve (RESULTS wise, you're all bosses in terms of skill imo, I'm not better than anyone so don't ever get that twisted)... Technically, you're all great at this game, but the pressure gets to some of you more than others, and that's WHY you aren't doing as well as you should!

Sov, this goes to you too, because really, you should be placing really well with your ZSS, it's one of the better ones I've seen it's just you don't seem to stick to a single character for a good amount of time. Your bro was real bad on that.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Sov it seems like we have the same problem XD.

We should both stick to one character for a year straight and see where that takes us lol.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Kryz did help me out a lot. Most of my issues have to do with confidence and letting my emotions get the bet of me. But if I know I have someone who iOS watching me and wants me to win, then I win. :)

I try to tell people when they are doing something wrong but I don't want to feel like I'm being rude or insulting. :/ Plus I don't have the confidence to feel like I should tell anyone how to do anything, unless it's a mu I'm super confident it. Which is like just 2 mus, peach and Lucas. Lol

jbw

Smash Rookie
sometimes links24 i forget your advice but imma try to start remembering again,RT.Good trainer for real in brawl. XD

Exceladon City

Smash Hero

^This guy. He's managed to say something like "Make your attacks have a purpose" while I'm playing and then suddenly the gears actually start moving.

Honestly, I feel the same way about his Ganon. I played with him back in September and I won most of the games I played against his Ganon with my Wolf. It's very doable.
It's Ganon, what match-up against Ganon isn't doable?

One time I sat down for like 20 minutes with L Cancel and I got 3 times better at the game.
One time I sat down for like 20 minutes with Overswarm and I got 2 times better at the MK ditto.

Then Kassandra folded my MK in pools.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I mean, I'm pretty sure I do. You play Pit in a relatively meaningful way that I think I can learn from. You're at the very least a high-level character main that I see somewhat often.

Same as Judo kinda, but I felt like I was learning more backhanded knowledge between he, Tutu and Rip's conversations/friendlies at the last SiiS. Though that helped too, I guess.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Kryz did help me out a lot. Most of my issues have to do with confidence and letting my emotions get the bet of me. But if I know I have someone who iOS watching me and wants me to win, then I win. :)

I try to tell people when they are doing something wrong but I don't want to feel like I'm being rude or insulting. :/ Plus I don't have the confidence to feel like I should tell anyone how to do anything, unless it's a mu I'm super confident it. Which is like just 2 mus, peach and Lucas. Lol

Generally just don't tell someone advice unless they specifically ask for it, a lot of people take it defensively even if you are just trying to be helpful :/.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I am going to write a book of advice over winter break and self publish it online.

I hope to have beta-copies in print for Apex.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
See, I'd rather that not be the case. If someone beats me I want to hear why they beat me.
^This. I like for someone to pick me apart while we're playing. So I can fix my problems as I go. I suck at dealing with problems as I identify them but if someone else points them out and explains my exact problem it just works for some reason.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
See, I'd rather that not be the case. If someone beats me I want to hear why they beat me.
I completely agree with this. Even if I think I know why (read: I'm salty), hearing from the person who actually did it is helpful. Especially if the games are close.

On the flip side, on the rare chance that I just happen to beat people, I try to let them know why. One of the most liberating (and frustrating) things is to have them beat you right after. It also helps you refine and change your approach and I think that helps you in turn vs people better than you.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Juu in that case please be insistent and grab me to watch your matches sometime, I really don't mean to be like ignorant or act like I'm too busy in person, I just... my brain goes a million miles an hour at tournaments, and usually I'm always trying to help move pools along.

Maybe next time I'll sit out on being pool captain just so I can run around and watch people play. Though I think I can do both at the same time, but only if there's no need for more captains :)

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
No, I mean. I understand how it is at tournaments. Especially at larger ones where I'm busy playing people I haven't gotten a chance to play in a while.

But like, we've played online multiple times and we play the same character so like... I mean stuff like advice after that. When we're at the same tournament, sure I'll ask you. But that rarely happens.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
well online play all I can do is just play, but you know I dont play online that often. maybe during break we can. Im not good at advice, Im better at watching and encouraging, like I have said :p

online I can do easier than at a tournament though I guess. But I get what you mean lol.

D

Deleted member

I made it out of pools in a tourney today. Yay for improvement by hardly playing, lol.

Top Bottom