• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Life is good; life is bad. Life is cruel; life is forgiving. Life is bliss; life is hell. Life is addiction; life is withdrawal. Life is water; life is fire. Life is heartbreaking; life is heartwarming. Life is frenzied; life is placid. Life is yin; life is yang. Life is pointless; life is meaningful. Life ends; life begins.

Why can't it just make up it's mind??!!
Life is all of that stuff and more. It's made up its mind to be all of those seemingly contradictory things. It's all part of the experience.

You know what bothers me? Mortality.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Girlfriend is blanking me on msn (she's talking to everyone else but won't reply to me), was quite cold to me today and wouldn't let me kiss her.

Last night she told me for the second time she loves me but isn't in love with me, which upset me and I said some silly things which made her angry. Me and her disagree on what being in love is (she sees it as obsessively wanting someone, I see it as most people see it ???) and I said I'll be fine tomorrow as I thought it would help. It didn't and she thought I was being ignorant to her feelings.

Had my final exams today :( Couldn't focus on it because my emotions were getting in the way.

I have my last ever A level exam tomorrow, I can't keep feeling like this :(
that is the worst ting to have happen. I was there for my grade 11 examss. Can honestly say though that you'll get through it, prolly with 10% lower than you should

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
that is the worst ting to have happen. I was there for my grade 11 examss. Can honestly say though that you'll get through it, prolly with 10% lower than you should

Exams are over and I didn't get distracted as much as I thought...

Found out she was ignoring me because none of my messages went through...she thought, if he's not talking to me why should I talk to him.

DESPITE the fact that I was talking to her even though I thought she was ignoring me.

A little childish if you ask me

God Didi

Smash Cadet
Girlfriend is blanking me on msn (she's talking to everyone else but won't reply to me), was quite cold to me today and wouldn't let me kiss her.

Last night she told me for the second time she loves me but isn't in love with me, which upset me and I said some silly things which made her angry. Me and her disagree on what being in love is (she sees it as obsessively wanting someone, I see it as most people see it ???) and I said I'll be fine tomorrow as I thought it would help. It didn't and she thought I was being ignorant to her feelings.

Had my final exams today :( Couldn't focus on it because my emotions were getting in the way.

I have my last ever A level exam tomorrow, I can't keep feeling like this :(
and to ur message above when two people see love differently especially the way she does i warn u u cud get badly hurt. i know its easy for me to say take it slow and ull prob ignore it but the more u fall in love with this girl and want to spend time with her and make long term plans and try discuss it with her the further shell move away from u be warned

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
and to ur message above when two people see love differently especially the way she does i warn u u cud get badly hurt. i know its easy for me to say take it slow and ull prob ignore it but the more u fall in love with this girl and want to spend time with her and make long term plans and try discuss it with her the further shell move away from u be warned

Tonight she said further had an argument while I was trying to fix thing and I think we've both reached the end of this relationship:

-I ask too many questions (she only talks if i ask a question)
-I'm always down (rough patch in my life, mum has cancer etc)
-I have mood swings that can't be changed (true)
-I am arrogant and deny it (partly true, i want to be arrogant)
-Slightly selfish sometimes (who isn't?)
-Snobby at times (kinda true too)
-Focus on stupidest things when there are bigger things to be down about (THIS really bugs me because I can choose what upsets me, there's no list saying how much certain things can upset me)
-I can be very rude (Shocked me...I try to avoid it but oh well)
-I always have to be right (I feel the same way regarding her)
-When I do admit fault I guit trip her (occassionally I have which i know is bad but I try not to)
-I seek sympathy and attention any moment I can (she won't hold hands, kiss or say i love you anymore)

She also said that she can't see things changing and our efforts our pointless and believes I don't love her.

I am so down now, but i can't let her break us up because then I might go over the edge. I need to let her know what she did wrong (tried telling her tonight but she denied first one and changed topic) but I still love her.

Smash Master
Edit: nvm, this is the thread where we give unbridled emo sympathy to each other. I forgot.Was going to say something mean. Hugs and whatnot for all.

Yeah I'd say you two deserve eachother, but she can't stand people from her "league." Move on for now; maybe she'll wisen up and you'll be there. You can't force her to want to be with you. She'll perhaps eventually see that you're the best she can do.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
God, stfu Numbers.

Pac, she's a negative nelly and you two will never be happy together. Break up, move on, and evaluate how you want to act in future relationships and what you want in a girlfriend.

Smash Master
Tbh, that's a pretty long list of complaints that you've admitted to... I'd prolly ***** you out also if the things you said were true were actually true. It's nice that you're honest though and not one of these "it's all her fault" types.

Edit: a mod disagrees with me and I didn't get an infraction!? C'mon Livvers; get it right. You know the rules.

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
Thanks guys, I tried talking to her today to break it off but she went off before I could say anything.

I'm off to university in a few months anyway. It'd be hard to keep any relationship going

She's made it clear she doesn't like me or this relationship and if she believed things could change I might of stayed but she thinks things will remain the same and won't try to change anything. I can't do this anymore, I shouldn't spend every other night miserable because of this relationship (and I admit half the time is because of me being insecure) but time to move on. She has about 40 guys after her, she'll find someone she likes and though this kills me I love her and have to do this for her.

Haruno Kotetsu

Smash Ace
I'm sick of drama in my life, ****ty friends, and being nervous all the time. When I take control, I'm always accused of being a jerk, and it all turns on me. I try to take control of my life, but i've become a product of my environment. People are sheep. Also, their gag reflexes don't work. Please feel free to test this.

Swanky

Smash Rookie
I Now Suck :(

:(IDK what happened. Its like every1 on AiB can beat me. Im losing all my matches. I get owned by the littlest noob there. Have i lost my skill. AM I AN OFFICIAL NOOB AGAIN!?! Really 25+ losses is getting to me. Im turning emo (cuts himself). Seriously any advice? Should i quit? I dont think i have what it takes anymore...(cuts himself again). Plz any NICE and GOOD advice will help. Thanks in advance

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
:(IDK what happened. Its like every1 on AiB can beat me. Im losing all my matches. I get owned by the littlest noob there. Have i lost my skill. AM I AN OFFICIAL NOOB AGAIN!?! Really 25+ losses is getting to me. Im turning emo (cuts himself). Seriously any advice? Should i quit? I dont think i have what it takes anymore...(cuts himself again). Plz any NICE and GOOD advice will help. Thanks in advance
How long have you been brawling?

Smash Master
I suck at brawl too. Personally, there are way more important things you can beat yourself up over, but if its wins you're after, you have two options.

1.) Pick MK and abuse the nado, planking, etc...

2.) Learn to adapt the mentality: how do I avoid being hit? instead of: how do I hit them? It requires epic patience, which is prolly tthe hardest part, but it's very difficult to approach in brawl, so this attitude should help you, esp. long term as you get more knowledgable and your reflexes improve.

I crashed my bike into a guardrail and cut myself up pretty good trying to avoid this woman in the middle of the sidewalk who wouldn't budge. I said "excuse me" twice, but apparantly traffic makes her deaf. She chewed me out for startling her or w/e. I think I'm getting a sexist attitude. I mean, complete this sentence: Men are better at math; women are better at _____.

I know I don't post like it, but I consider myself pretty open-minded. You come up with a logical argument that I can't refute, and I know I'll change my mind, even if my entire philosophy turns on its head as a result. It's happened before.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I'm sick of drama in my life, ****ty friends, and being nervous all the time. When I take control, I'm always accused of being a jerk, and it all turns on me. I try to take control of my life, but i've become a product of my environment. People are sheep. Also, their gag reflexes don't work. Please feel free to test this.
You're being a jerk

Well, you're the only one who can control your life. If you're a jerk for that, then so is everyone else.

Swanky

Smash Rookie
How long have you been brawling?
I suck at brawl too. Personally, there are way more important things you can beat yourself up over, but if its wins you're after, you have two options.

1.) Pick MK and abuse the nado, planking, etc...

2.) Learn to adapt the mentality: how do I avoid being hit? instead of: how do I hit them? It requires epic patience, which is prolly tthe hardest part, but it's very difficult to approach in brawl, so this attitude should help you, esp. long term as you get more knowledgable and your reflexes improve.

I crashed my bike into a guardrail and cut myself up pretty good trying to avoid this woman in the middle of the sidewalk who wouldn't budge. I said "excuse me" twice, but apparantly traffic makes her deaf. She chewed me out for startling her or w/e. I think I'm getting a sexist attitude. I mean, complete this sentence: Men are better at math; women are better at _____.

I know I don't post like it, but I consider myself pretty open-minded. You come up with a logical argument that I can't refute, and I know I'll change my mind, even if my entire philosophy turns on its head as a result. It's happened before.
Ive been brawling on AiB since 04, ive made like 2 accounts so my most recent is Swanky. My other account belongs now to my little bro. But anyway yes ive been competetive brawling for a while. IDK, ive always loss in the ladder matches against spammers, campers, etc, but I also just LOSE TO THE PPL WHICH I HAVE BEATEN BEFORE! but now the losing has not stopped:( Im not after wins Im after the spark that makes a unique and talented brawler. Im working hard to be unique, but when im on a losing crash-course to hell its hard to be motivated. Before Ive made some imppresions with my Marth, ppl said they liked how I play Marth, but now it seems thats not enough. I try to think of how to be creative, something nice, but the losing has turned me angry and frustrated. My older brother Mo tells me I take losing hard, and i do. But I will keep going, i suppose more practice is needed for me. But I will try to not to make a big deal out of losing anymore...IDK my life sux right now...:(

Scott!

Smash Lord
Ive been brawling on AiB since 04
No you haven't. :D

Ive been brawling on AiB since 04, ive made like 2 accounts so my most recent is Swanky. My other account belongs now to my little bro. But anyway yes ive been competetive brawling for a while. IDK, ive always loss in the ladder matches against spammers, campers, etc, but I also just LOSE TO THE PPL WHICH I HAVE BEATEN BEFORE! but now the losing has not stopped:( Im not after wins Im after the spark that makes a unique and talented brawler. Im working hard to be unique, but when im on a losing crash-course to hell its hard to be motivated. Before Ive made some imppresions with my Marth, ppl said they liked how I play Marth, but now it seems thats not enough. I try to think of how to be creative, something nice, but the losing has turned me angry and frustrated. My older brother Mo tells me I take losing hard, and i do. But I will keep going, i suppose more practice is needed for me. But I will try to not to make a big deal out of losing anymore...IDK my life sux right now...:(
Seriously though, it sounds to me like you need a break. You're getting too caught up in losing, and you're losing sight of how to win. I'd suggest taking a little time, like a week or so, off. It's summer. Play a different game, hang out, get your mind off of Smash. Then, give it another shot. You say you play Marth? He's a tough one to do well with when you're not focused, since it all relies on perfect spacing and the like. But, whatever you do, the best of luck to you!

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
34958796876 said:
I think I'm getting a sexist attitude. I mean, complete this sentence: Men are better at math; women are better at _____.
If that's really your attitude, I'm glad you got hurt.

Post crap like that again and you're room banned.
I don't find it cute; sexism gets under my skin, even when it's "supposed to be funny" because that gives the impression that it's okay to people who don't know any better.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
Ya, take a break for awhile. It'll clear your head. When you comeback, do a little research on your char and maybe fight some new people to fight. You might of started making habits when you play and need the time off the clear your way of thought in brawl. That's happened to me before and some people on swf I know. Don't let it get to you, you'll be fine.

cba

Smash Master
Edit: a mod disagrees with me and I didn't get an infraction!? C'mon Livvers; get it right. You know the rules.
Don't tempt me =o
The Monarchy, im banned cause someone(an admin) doesnt "Belive" (for something i didnt do) me without any proof of me actually doing anything.

Im bothered by being roombanned from the OTL for so long.
I sent a PM to a admin and no response, i think im gonna send another one.

Smurfy EXE

Smash Apprentice
I was told to come here?

Hey, this has been bothering me... and I'm sorry if I'm interupting someone elses problem...

But here goes, there is this girl I like, but I feel like I'm starting to annoy her...

I posted this on my blog (not the smash blog, my own blog on another site)

"She has to be the one, or maybe not, I could be wrong... But when am I wrong?
Current mood: accomplished
Category: Goals, Plans, Hopes
Okay, some of my friends might give me support and help with this (Nick) and others mighgt look at me like I'm stupid (Hector). But here goes... :D

Last year, Sophomore year, I went to a carnival thing with Nick. There I met a girl, her name was Robin, I would give a last name, but I might be riskin national security( WTF what?! o_O) As the carnival was dieing down we went and chilled and I got her phone number, we proceeded to text on and off.

Recently I've started to talk to her more and more and I knew I had a crush on her since I first saw her (initial attraction FTW :D)But I didn't think she would like me at all. I was sitting here on MySpace on night talking to Bobby (Hartstopper) when I got a text from Robin. We texted back and forth and I asked her "Why did you text me? Me of all people?" She responded "why not?" and proceeded to ask why I replied. I threw my first flirtatious(?) line into play! I responded, "A beautiful girl was texting me, why wouldn't I reply?" she told me I was making her blush. It made me feel good :D

A couple days later I went over to a friend's house, later that night we walked from his house to Burger King, the one near Wal Mart. and we started talking about crushes and stuff that we've had. That is when I brought up Robin, I told the guys about her and then I started texting her cause I couldn't get her off my mind.

She was watching TV, so I decided to ask her out on a sort of date, maybe chill at the mall or somethin (I didn't say it was a date or anything, I just asked if she wanted to hang out :D smooth ain't it? :3) She gave me the okay! But we still need to set up when (FAIL). There was a long pause in the texts so I thought she was done with me. But when I asked her, she wanted to text more!

We got to know each other more and more. We talked about illegal stuff we've done, she said she's done some bad stuff, but I told her that "I would've hated to see her go down that kind of path" she called me sweet. I asked her about past relations, and then she asked me about mine. I told her I have never had my first kiss. She thought that was sweet also (must be a girl thing XD) I bashfully agrred with her and she called me "adorable", I saw this as my chance and flirted some more.

She then sent me a text that was uber serious (THE INTERNET IS SERIOUS BUSINESS) all it said was "can I ask you something?" I told her that she could ask me anything. I will quote the text perfectly "If for some reason you were to become attracted and/or like me what reasons would you have?" I told her exactly what I saw, she is kind, funny, a little bit of a nerd, and beautiful." I asked her why she asked me, she told me she had a low self esteem. I responded accordingly to how I felt, I told her "she has no reason to have a low self esteem, she is beautiful, funny and kind and that many girls would kill to have what she was blessed with" I was so happy when she replied, she told me it was one of the sweetest things anyone has ever told her. :3

I told her she was one of my best friends and she replied "yay!!" and gave me the nickname Bassie (kinda cheesy :p) I told her I would give her a nickname, but Rpbin was to cute a name to mess with (I am a master of flirting, oh yeahs!) She told me I was making her blush, I told her I was sorry, she told me it was fine. (Connection?) she said the way I talk is "uberly cute", more good feelings for moi

Today was a kinda slow day but I learned what kind of guys she's into " a good personality, decent looking, funny, fun to be around, and can make her laugh" (Is anyone thinking of me? if not, go screw yourself XD) I asked her something, I probly shouldn't have asked... but it's too late.

I asked her, "If I was to ever ask you out, what would you say. Be brutally honest.", she just told me that she doesn't plan on dating over the summer, it's not a complete let down, cause I still have a chance, and I think that she might be the girl I can call my own. I dunno, I feel more confident about her than I do with that hooker Nora...

>:( Stupid Nora

Thanx if you read the whole thing!"

But yeah, she was at some sort of camp thing and she returned just yesterday...

I want to send her a text and ask her how it was but I feel like I will be annoying her...

What should I do?

Sorry for elipsis :D

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Go for a question that only she can answer, to start a conversation. Not related to dating, just start a conversation and build on that.

IMO.

EDIT: She seems to like you, just from her playing along...

Martel Hammer

Smash Apprentice
If she talked to you all this time, and had no problems with it, there should be no reason she would be annoyed at you. I mean, she is one of your closest friends right?
Don't sweat it. I think you're taking in too much at once. Just, you know, be yourself around her. Do your thing, she seems to enjoy your company. Who knows, something might happen.

AXE 09

Smash Master
ah, smurfy.... darn those females lol. always causing trouble.

the way it sounds... it seems like she's into you, but maybe try not too move too fast, you know? i think you should just keep having friendly conversations, and try not to lead towards dating conversations for a good while. the time will come when you guys will know each other enough to talk about that

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Message her. She'll be pleased to hear from you

Also, the longer you hold off on making a serious move, the more likely another guy will sweep in and grab her first.

Smurfy EXE

Smash Apprentice
thanks guys! :D

I'll probably send her a text after I pick up my schedule for work

-Edit-

okay, I sent her a text, I tried talkin' to her on IM...

But she's ignoring me...

Everytime she log's on to IM, she logs right off... :(

Smash Master
You know what bugs me. Its impossible for people to change their minds these days. Every time I get into a debate and I lose, I adopt a new view. Every time I get into a debate and win, the other person seems to think that I'm just a better arguer or something, not that my idea has more merit, and they pretend the entire conversation never happened. If someone has beliefs you disagree with, and they affect you enough to want to change their mind, but they aren't prone to logos, ethos, or pathos, what do you do? Like, I could sit here and say there's nothing wrong with adopted children from gay families, and post all sorts of case studies and statistics and what have you, along with the theory to back it up, and people just look away. I believe the majority of society is like this. Often, when I propose a controversial question intended to spark debate, instead of a response, people just flame me and threaten me. It's more than annoying sometimes.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
You know what bugs me. Its impossible for people to change their minds these days. Every time I get into a debate and I lose, I adopt a new view. Every time I get into a debate and win, the other person seems to think that I'm just a better arguer or something, not that my idea has more merit, and they pretend the entire conversation never happened. If someone has beliefs you disagree with, and they affect you enough to want to change their mind, but they aren't prone to logos, ethos, or pathos, what do you do? Like, I could sit here and say there's nothing wrong with adopted children from gay families, and post all sorts of case studies and statistics and what have you, along with the theory to back it up, and people just look away. I believe the majority of society is like this. Often, when I propose a controversial question intended to spark debate, instead of a response, people just flame me and threaten me. It's more than annoying sometimes.
People cannot change, they have to argue what they are given. I am scum, and I know you are right, but I cannot admit you are right and I cannot change my goal because then I would lose. After our argument, when you go to bed, I will simply nightkill you.

Often, when I propose a controversial question intended to spark debate, instead of a response, people just flame me and threaten me. It's more than annoying sometimes.
Please, come back to dGames and play with us.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Man, no offense, but it sounds like you are taking things too seriously. Conversation is different than debate, and you don't always need to change someones mind. They can live their life how they feel, and you can live yours. "Aren't prone to logos, ethos, or pathos," makes you sound like a machine. Relax, accept conversation for what it is, and be friendly.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Once you come to the following 2 realizations, life will be much easier:
1) the majority of people are idiots and cannot be reasoned with
2) if you let them get to you, you will never be sane and/or happy

Seriously, I'd be the angriest, unhappiest person in the world (exaggeration) if I lost sleep over every stupid or unreasonable thing people said.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Something's been getting on my nerves lately. Females. I always have tried to treat them with respect, as I was taught. Well lately, I'm starting to wonder "WTF?" about some of them. I treat them with respect, and then they destroy all self respect by asking me if I want pictures of them topless or so on. I mean, what the ****?

Get some **** self respect. I don't like people who just ***** themselves onto others.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Something's been getting on my nerves lately. Females. I always have tried to treat them with respect, as I was taught. Well lately, I'm starting to wonder "WTF?" about some of them. I treat them with respect, and then they destroy all self respect by asking me if I want pictures of them topless or so on. I mean, what the ****?

Get some **** self respect. I don't like people who just ***** themselves onto others.
Does this have anything to do with MySpace? Either way, you let this get to you really bad; ignore the people with that attitude (regardless of the situation), they'll learn the hard way sooner or later.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer

There have been quite a few instances of that here, then the couple break up and the boy posts the pictures on the internet and the girl is all 'omg I didn't see that coming!' There was a case at my old school a few years ago, that was a bit weird.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer

if only they realized that they would go to jail if they sent you any because of your age. lawl.

[ps: guys do that too, i'm shocked you haven't had any of those yet lol]

Chaco

Never Logs In
Pahaha. Didn't think of that. She is 18 I believe. I wouldn't turn anyone in though for that. I'd feel to bad about it. Wouldn't you get registered?

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
if only they realized that they would go to jail if they sent you any because of your age. lawl.

[ps: guys do that too, i'm shocked you haven't had any of those yet lol]
I laughed at both Chaco's comment and yours. Not be rude by saying that, just being honest.

my opinion is :Chaco, still treat them with respect, but only greet the ones that deserve it, there are some trashy girls out there dude >_>

@ Killjoy: I know about the guy thing, My buddy would always do that on msn with his web cam :S pretty much got ignored every time but he still did it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom