• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Didi

Smash Cadet
No bull**** here im deciding on one of two ways to kill myself,100 painkillers or jumping off the bridge over the motorway beside my house.

Ive decided im gonna find out if god is real as well as what dying is like,im not ****ing bothered waiting through another 40-50 years of agonising bull**** that the human race spawns day after day,just living with the fact that I never excell in anything is torture and its time to stop torturing myself.Im never gonna find out what life is all about while living,so hopefully this God chap so many people believe in will reveal all.

I love you pool room,some of the people here are great.I wouldnt post this except just in case someone might ask "Hey havent seen Pikaville post here in a while what happened to him?"Dont bother posting telling me not to do it because you dont really care about me and im not backing down.I will remain logged in forever.

Christians its time for me to test YOUR faith.
you sound like a coward. so what your not the best in the world at doin something welcome to the ****ing club called normality! the average the middle whatever you want to call it. just cause life wont be an easy road cause ur childhood dreams of stardom didn pan out and now u have to work to get somewhere deal wit it and stop takin the easy road by saying **** it if im not goin to be handed an awesome paying job that i love to do everyday then theres no poit of living.
and only a really selfish person doesn consider the affect a suicide will have on their friends and family. wat if u cause someone of your friends to commit suicide cause they missed u and hates life and follows u

dont be a selfish coward
be a man

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Yes that may be true,but im not an idiot.

In life we are all alone.

No matter what way you look at it you can never rely on anyone but yourself.

Since I cant rely on even myself,I have no reason to live simple as that.

I have tried to be brilliant at all the passions in my life and come up short time and time again,Ive grown sick of hating myself for being bad at things I love.

Im just one of those people who isint meant to do or be anything special.

Im not going to find meaning to my life while im living,only God(if he does exist)will tell me.If God doesnt exist then ill sleep forever and wont have to.

Once I round my posts up to 1400 ill stop posting.
God made it so that you cant rely on yourself so that you would rely on him. i actually think its great that you have come to that conclusion because many people wander around in life thinking they can do everything by themself and all of a sudden life throws **** at them that they cant handle and they flip the switch and **** hits the fan in the middle of their crisis etc.

God will only tell you the meaning of your life if u can hear him. its more simple than you think actually. Only when we open conversation to god will he reciprocate and open up the phone lines (so to speak) to us. though god does what he sees fit, in general, its up to us to have the faith to reach out to him. this is what distinguishes god's children. anyone can believe in science and believe what is plainly visible. god's chosen people, however, are distinguished by the faith they have in jesus. this usually causes people (who call themselves christian) to think that they are above other people. they become arrogant. but true christian teachings say that that behavior is no better than those who are without jesus. the best thing about this is that its an offer to any and everyone to have such faith. anyway, all this to say that, essentially, the way you expect god to intervene in your life is fundamentally not how it works. i wont claim to be an expert on christianity, but i will be a testament to the influence faith has had on my life very recently.

THIS is not meant to spark debate. its merely a response to someone's problem which is ON topic. [/disclaimer]

Alessandra

Smash Apprentice
Oh, a place to rant. Wonderful.

I'm sick of you toying with me. Stop playing hot/cold. Either you like me, or you don't.
Stop ignoring me for days because you're in a "bad mood" then running back and sweeping me off my feet. Maybe I'm an idiot for always letting you back in. That's okay, slowly my love for you is turning into nothing. I'll break away completely and then I hope you'll be sorry you had a best friend and someone who loved you all in one with me that you let go.

Being a teenager is fun, aye.

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
I have been a little depressed recently. I just got my grades for this past semester.

Let me preface with this. I have a pretty good life. The worst thing I could possibly say is that my family is poor. Aside from that, my dad is the most amazing person I know. He is incredibly smart with 2 bachelor's degrees and a Masters. My mom has a Bachelor's degree and a degree in early childhood education. My brother is a doctor, my other brother was valedictorian in high school yada yada.
I have always thought of myself as smart. My gpa in high school was 3.8. Even still I know I am smart.
I have awesome friends blah blah blah.

Now...ever since I started college I have been really concerned with how well I am doing. I just failed my first class this past semester. (just completed Sophomore year btw)
This is HUGE for me. It really makes me think about whether or not I can ever get my grades up or ever be successful enough in life. In all honesty, I am probably close to illiterate. I am a huge grammar freak and could probably write way better than the average person.

But when it comes to sitting down and actually reading a book...I can't do it. I don't have the attention span. I haven't started and finished a book since 8th grade I think. =/

This summer I've been trying to read a lot for fun to get my reading skills up. I really think this is what has been holding me back in college because sometimes I have 500 pages a week to read for all of my classes put together.

I feel really depressed and I feel like it's too late to make any kind of difference and I'm just going to be a 2.0- student in college and not get into grad school, or lose my scholarship for college before that, or something. =/

Edit: I would go into detail why my dad is amazing, but that's not the point. My friends seriously have him on the same level as chuck norris though.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I feel really depressed and I feel like it's too late to make any kind of difference and I'm just going to be a 2.0- student in college and not get into grad school, or lose my scholarship for college before that, or something. =/

Edit: I would go into detail why my dad is amazing, but that's not the point. My friends seriously have him on the same level as chuck norris though.
I think I understand what you mean, not personally but around me. One, your depression itself is also hindering you, so you have to find a new method to get you going. Two, just cramming will make you forget most of your information, active review in quizzing is much better such as testing yourself on what you know, and if you don't just breeze and skim. Hope this helps, cheer up man!

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I have been a little depressed recently. I just got my grades for this past semester.

Now...ever since I started college I have been really concerned with how well I am doing. I just failed my first class this past semester. (just completed Sophomore year btw)
This is HUGE for me. It really makes me think about whether or not I can ever get my grades up or ever be successful enough in life. In all honesty, I am probably close to illiterate. I am a huge grammar freak and could probably write way better than the average person.

But when it comes to sitting down and actually reading a book...I can't do it. I don't have the attention span. I haven't started and finished a book since 8th grade I think. =/

This summer I've been trying to read a lot for fun to get my reading skills up. I really think this is what has been holding me back in college because sometimes I have 500 pages a week to read for all of my classes put together.

The first thing you need to realize is that you can't do everything. No matter how hard how you try. You will not read everything, and you're going to have to accept that. I took a Shakespeare class last year. At the most, I read two out of the twenty plays we studied, and none of the sonnets. In my Romanticism class, I didn't read any of the poems until it was exam time. You have to pick and choose what you can read. No one is physically capable of doing all the work that is assigned.

Does your school offer spring/summer classes? You can take a course in the summer. They last about a month, and you go everyday for about three hours. I just finished one of these, and I got better marks in that course than I have all year. Just a suggestion, if you're feeling overwhelmed. There's hardly any pressure at all.

And speaking of pressure, it seems you're putting a lot of pressure on yourself to do well. And there's nothing wrong with that. Just work hard and do your best. No one can ask for anything more than that. Grades will not necessarily make you successful in life. :)

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
you sound like a coward.
You sound like an ***.

Telling people to suck it up isn't going to help them.

Anyway, I got into a small amount of debt for m tv licence so I had to ask my mum for 30 quid to pay it off. I handed in a cv for hospitality and hairdressing at the college, that was the conditions I had to abide by to get the 30 quid. Hopefully hospitality takes me, I want to learn how to cook.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
ok so this is the first post for my new family thread, and I felt I should put it here to.

Family we all have one or had one.What are some things you hate about your family.
I live in a medium sized house and live with my mom, dad, aunt and two years younger sister. Now almost everyone in my family talks very loudly and you can easily here arguments so my house is never silent. Well unless everyone is gone except me and the dog.
Now it is very hard for me to get some time by myself in my own room, as one my mom doesn't like the door closed and second my sister treats it as if it were her room. We always seem to argue now and can never agree on most things. When I was a kid 5 years ago >_>, we used to be like best friends but now we can only argue. She treats everyone around her like crap and acts as if she was the smartest in the family. She can not share, takes the laptop for herself and doesn't give it back for around 4 or 5 hours. If I try using it she says "I only got to use it for an hour and you got to use it for 3 hours." Then she grabs it and goes to her room. Like I said earlier she treats my room as if it were hers. All the trash on the floor in my room is from her, so I clean a lot. Which sorta ok because I like to clean. She also hates to admit it when she isn't good at things, but something that makes me feel inferior compared to her, is her school work. She has had all my past teachers, passed all her classes with A + and even skipped a grade. Now she is even going to my high school this august. Now she is in that phase were she feels like dressing all EMO (ok to get it straight I hate it when people use the word emo as a description or verb.

Now my Aunt great and caring and my dad as well. But my mom has this very bad habit on exaggerating many storys and tends to spread lots of rumors. She is very old fashion and can not learn hot to even turn on a computer let alone google something. My sister and mother always gets into large fights, so I just shut up ( not like that's a change seeing as I hardly talk to begin with) but my sis has this cursing problem so that just fuels the flame. My mom and sis are never in even terms but i do not my mom still loves my sis, but my sis finds that hard to believe. I hardly ever fight with my parents as I hardly talk and just sit in my room and try my hardest at school

so that somethings I dislike about my family, now I ask you what are somethings you hate about your family O_<

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
Well, I tried to get my parents involved in "fixing" me this summer, but that failed pretty quickly.

I showed my mother Sirlin's Playing to Win book on the website, since that is a large part of the problem I'm having. She read two pages and immediately went "This is bad for you." and whatever else.

That's lame. If my parents REALLY were interested in getting me back together, she would've read the whole thing no matter how much she disliked it, and only THEN would she have made her judgment or opinion.

Heck, even in the TWO pages she read, she pretty much misinterpreted everything Sirlin was saying.

*sigh*

If my parents aren't going to help fix me, who is?

Proverbs

Smash Lord
People are horrible at giving advice.

For the past few months I've been wondering about who the heck is going to fix me, too. What the heck am I doing? I've been sitting on my rear-end doing absolutely nothing worrying about what's going to happen. Nothing is going to happen if I sit here like this.

I know my God can fix me. But even if He didn't go out of His way to find me, I'm going to find Him. I know I'll find Him.

He's the only sort of truth or clarity I've ever had. I might as well go with that. Wish me luck, everyone.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988

For the past few months I've been wondering about who the heck is going to fix me, too. What the heck am I doing? I've been sitting on my rear-end doing absolutely nothing worrying about what's going to happen. Nothing is going to happen if I sit here like this.

I know my God can fix me. But even if He didn't go out of His way to find me, I'm going to find Him. I know I'll find Him.

He's the only sort of truth or clarity I've ever had. I might as well go with that. Wish me luck, everyone.
There are not enough sages in the world these days, lol.

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
Lately i've just been doubting myself. I am fully aware that doing so is rather trivial, but I am anyway. This may be due to my grandmother's surgery tomorrow (and that my household has been rather...tense), that the extra stress hasn't been doing so well for me.

First off, I don't really feel like doing anything anymore. I've noticed that I haven't been drawing lately, playing games, or even paying attention to this site as often as I used to. It seems I have no motivation anymore, which worries me since I have two weeks of school left and finals are quickly approaching. I don't want to destroy my grades now.And even recently i've been looking at art I have done and could only throw it aside with a 'why bother' attitude. In all honesty I have been wondering why I even try anymore.

I guess i'm just really concerned about that.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion

Idk, I think my advice a few posts back was pretty good.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Lately i've just been doubting myself. I am fully aware that doing so is rather trivial, but I am anyway. This may be due to my grandmother's surgery tomorrow (and that my household has been rather...tense), that the extra stress hasn't been doing so well for me.

First off, I don't really feel like doing anything anymore. I've noticed that I haven't been drawing lately, playing games, or even paying attention to this site as often as I used to. It seems I have no motivation anymore, which worries me since I have two weeks of school left and finals are quickly approaching. I don't want to destroy my grades now.And even recently i've been looking at art I have done and could only throw it aside with a 'why bother' attitude. In all honesty I have been wondering why I even try anymore.

I guess i'm just really concerned about that.
You aren't the only one who has that problem. Hell, I'd be surprised if you weren't the only one on this page that has this problem. Find something that stimulates your mind, that excites you, something that makes you want to be better at something or work towards something. This is usually (from what I've seen) a first step in refinding yourself and your motivation.

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice

I never thought that you would say that Proverb, I know you have some things probably bothering you, but after you gave me a speech I thought you were stronger too on your shoulder.

Well I do hope you find your answer with god, even I am still sort of seeking what I wish to hold again, but I believe god will guide the right heart, and mind even through rough times.

Just be strong Proverb! ^_^ I'm not great with advice maybe, whatever, but please don't forget who you really are irl.

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
I don`t have Halo 3, I don`t have an Xbox, a 360, or a PS3,
so that stinks lol.

Don`t respond to this if you are meaning to turn it into a religious debate,
but I have a serious problem., and it will drive me crazy if I don`t fix it.
I think part of me is evil, and doesn`t beleive in anything.
I believe in god and the Bible and everything, and I want to stick to it,
but part of me says not to believe it, but my other part knows it is true,
so there is turmoil inside of me, and what if my good side only thinks
out of cowardice, that I don`t truly believe? Well, that doesn`t make any sense,
because that means I would still believe in god, but, nevermind, I am confused.
I try my hardest to believe.

Maybe it is that I have been turned down so many times in my short life,
I have a hard time believing anymore...
I don`t go outside much anymore, I have a hard time concentrating,
I don`t draw as much, I am usually mad, and I am a coward,
and I don`t understand anything! I want to get out of it...

The only way I know is to not think of it, to play games...

I try to be nice, but I am so bad at everything I can`t even do it,
I have been a jerk to Sky Angel, Falcon1.0, Teran, my brothers, EVERYONE.

I say I will be nice, but then I go and do something stupid, just to try to be right.

I need serious help :O

½NIÇK½FBM

Smash Apprentice
I think means you are agnostic? Not sure if thats the right word for it. Dont let it get to you. I realized a while ago that no religion is free from negative effects but at the same time religion is good because without it, stealing and murder would be considered moral. It goes both ways.

As for taking your mind off it, do sports. Run, work out, play a real sport like bball etc. Seriously just go out and run like 2 miles tomorrow, it will make you feel good.

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
I am not agnostic,
But I am kind of,
but I try not to be,
Is that good enough to change it?
I don`t know.
Thats what gets me thinking.

½NIÇK½FBM

Smash Apprentice
Lets put it this way. You believe in God, the Bible, etc. Thats good right? Well somebody of another religion can turn around and say, your God is the wrong God you are bad.

You can never really come to agreements with stuff like that. Theres no reason to feel guilty unless you did something thats like bad in all religions. Like murder.

Smash Apprentice
I don`t have Halo 3, I don`t have an Xbox, a 360, or a PS3,
so that stinks lol.

Don`t respond to this if you are meaning to turn it into a religious debate,
but I have a serious problem., and it will drive me crazy if I don`t fix it.
I think part of me is evil, and doesn`t beleive in anything.
I believe in god and the Bible and everything, and I want to stick to it,
but part of me says not to believe it, but my other part knows it is true,
so there is turmoil inside of me, and what if my good side only thinks
out of cowardice, that I don`t truly believe? Well, that doesn`t make any sense,
because that means I would still believe in god, but, nevermind, I am confused.
I try my hardest to believe.

Maybe it is that I have been turned down so many times in my short life,
I have a hard time believing anymore...
I don`t go outside much anymore, I have a hard time concentrating,
I don`t draw as much, I am usually mad, and I am a coward,
and I don`t understand anything! I want to get out of it...

The only way I know is to not think of it, to play games...

I try to be nice, but I am so bad at everything I can`t even do it,
I have been a jerk to Sky Angel, Falcon1.0, Teran, my brothers, EVERYONE.

I say I will be nice, but then I go and do something stupid, just to try to be right.

I need serious help :O
Don't think too hard, and don't care too much, or you'll miss the simple things in life.

Don't worry--give it a few hundred years, and we'll all finally be dead. :)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
...This doesn't really bother me as much as it makes me wonder...

You know how all those commercials about medicine and stuff usually warn that "women are are nursing, pregnant, or may become pregnant" shouldn't take them right?

Well... doesn't that apply to every woman that hasn't gone through menopause yet?

...heehee... I just wanted to get that off my chest! ^_^

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
...This doesn't really bother me as much as it makes me wonder...

You know how all those commercials about medicine and stuff usually warn that "women are are nursing, pregnant, or may become pregnant" shouldn't take them right?

Well... doesn't that apply to every woman that hasn't gone through menopause yet?

...heehee... I just wanted to get that off my chest! ^_^
When they say "may become pregnant," they mean in the near future, lol.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Some women are actually trying to have kids!

And there are other ways women can be baby free other than menopause, like an getting an IUD, birth control, or some womb shot that dries it up for months at a time.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Speaking of kids, what bothers me is that some couples can try and try and try to get kids and never have them, but then a certain couple I know used protection and she was on the pill and got pregnant..
What are the chances?

Seriously? Any valid approximations?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
How about not having gone through puberty yet...?

Man it's so fun to poke @ things in the most literal way you can think, I wonder what else I can make out of this stuff!

...Though this is not to be done with other people... especially with parents... they probably don't want to hear how creative you can be with "smart***" or anything like that... which the comment wouldn't have started if you just knew that whatever it was they're talking/arguing about with you that iot was not to be taken as such... oey... :urg:

Edit: Condoms can break, pills can be duds, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom