• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it.
Evolution, Morpheus.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Those are really annoying, I Get them in my school email which is supposed to be filtered.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
So I've been trying to lose weight. I'm upset because now there are all these commericals about people losing weight for beach season. Meanwhile, I'm trying to lose weight so I can stay healthy.

I'm sad because it seems like the only reason for people to weight is for shallow reasons. =/

Proverbs

Smash Lord
So I've been trying to lose weight. I'm upset because now there are all these commericals about people losing weight for beach season. Meanwhile, I'm trying to lose weight so I can stay healthy.

I'm sad because it seems like the only reason for people to weight is for shallow reasons. =/
Unfortunately the world we live in happens to be pretty shallow. :(

I had longer hair a while back, like, down to my waist or something. I think it put off a lot of girls. I didn't care, though, because I didn't want someone to be interested in me just for that. I cut my hair in January and girls that used to never talk with me started flirting with me. I was just like "Really?"

It was kinda frustrating. I didn't want girls to just start being interested in me because of something like that...:(

So, I see what you mean. If I can ask, how much weight are you trying to lose?

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
No bull**** here im deciding on one of two ways to kill myself,100 painkillers or jumping off the bridge over the motorway beside my house.

Ive decided im gonna find out if god is real as well as what dying is like,im not ****ing bothered waiting through another 40-50 years of agonising bull**** that the human race spawns day after day,just living with the fact that I never excell in anything is torture and its time to stop torturing myself.Im never gonna find out what life is all about while living,so hopefully this God chap so many people believe in will reveal all.

I love you pool room,some of the people here are great.I wouldnt post this except just in case someone might ask "Hey havent seen Pikaville post here in a while what happened to him?"Dont bother posting telling me not to do it because you dont really care about me and im not backing down.I will remain logged in forever.

Christians its time for me to test YOUR faith.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Oh boy... I'm not touching this one.

You really shouldn't do that though. You're concentrating on one aspect of life and filtering out everything else. Everyone makes life out to be this one big negative **** storm after another and the fact of the matter is, it isn't just that. There are good things in life and those good things can be freaking amazing if you feel towards them. Life isn't a struggle, it's an endless road of opportunities.

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
My parents changed the password on my Youtube account, so I can't access it. Yes I know I can change the password, but my concience is too strong. >.<

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
No bull**** here im deciding on one of two ways to kill myself,100 painkillers or jumping off the bridge over the motorway beside my house.

Ive decided im gonna find out if god is real as well as what dying is like,im not ****ing bothered waiting through another 40-50 years of agonising bull**** that the human race spawns day after day,just living with the fact that I never excell in anything is torture and its time to stop torturing myself.Im never gonna find out what life is all about while living,so hopefully this God chap so many people believe in will reveal all.

I love you pool room,some of the people here are great.I wouldnt post this except just in case someone might ask "Hey havent seen Pikaville post here in a while what happened to him?"Dont bother posting telling me not to do it because you dont really care about me and im not backing down.I will remain logged in forever.

Don't be an idiot. I may not know you personally, but I know there are people in your life that will miss you if you're gone. You can try to deny it, but it is true.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Don't be an idiot. I may not know you personally, but I know there are people in your life that will miss you if you're gone. You can try to deny it, but it is true.
Yes that may be true,but im not an idiot.

In life we are all alone.

No matter what way you look at it you can never rely on anyone but yourself.

Since I cant rely on even myself,I have no reason to live simple as that.

I have tried to be brilliant at all the passions in my life and come up short time and time again,Ive grown sick of hating myself for being bad at things I love.

Im just one of those people who isint meant to do or be anything special.

Im not going to find meaning to my life while im living,only God(if he does exist)will tell me.If God doesnt exist then ill sleep forever and wont have to.

Once I round my posts up to 1400 ill stop posting.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Im not going to find meaning to my life while im living
I'm pretty sure most people don't find the meaning in their lives at 21 years of age. I know I haven't. I'm still looking.

You may think, right now, that life is not worth living, and you think that the rest of your life won't be worth living. But you're not a psychic or a seer. You're throwing away another 30-50+ years because you think it'll be bad, based on how you feel now. I've known people in your situation, and they've all said the same thing weeks or months or years afterward: it does get better.

Don't throw it all away for nothing.

Kitten

Smash Journeyman
There is no meaning to life! Why are people so obsessed with this idea of meaning in your life. You are simply a group of associated molecules interacting with each other. As is everything else. You may as well just sit back and enjoy the good chemicals in your brain while you can.

The trick is to just start thinking positively. I used to be fairly sure I would at some point kill myself. I was depressed all the time etc etc but then I began to restructure the way I thought about things and I realised that I would be hurting the people around me and wasting an opportunity to have fun and enjoy myself. Sure it's not always good times, but the good times are in my opinion very worth living for.

No one is meant to be special or be talented or special. In fact, the vast vast majority of people are completely unremarkable and without talents. You say you have no reason to live. I will give you one: enjoy yourself. It is possible :)

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
There is no meaning to life! Why are people so obsessed with this idea of meaning in your life. You are simply a group of associated molecules interacting with each other. As is everything else. You may as well just sit back and enjoy the good chemicals in your brain while you can.
I don't think there is any single or absolute truth or meaning, but rather that life is what you make of it. In other words, you give life your own meaning based on your own experiences. Just to clear up my previous statement.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I don't think there is any single or absolute truth or meaning, but rather that life is what you make of it. In other words, you give life your own meaning based on your own experiences. Just to clear up my previous statement.
I like how we're on the same wavelength on this particular perspective. =)

Kitten

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I was more getting at the idea of there being no absolute truth or meaning. I agree that you can assign meaning to your own life, but I don't see why there should be any meaning. I guess it's an idea that many people find comforting? Who knows. :urg:

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
It's because knowledge is comfort. You're less likely to trust something if you don't understand it, hence people prefer there be a "meaning" to their lives. Or it could be an issue of significance.

Meh...

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer

I had longer hair a while back, like, down to my waist or something. I think it put off a lot of girls. I didn't care, though, because I didn't want someone to be interested in me just for that. I cut my hair in January and girls that used to never talk with me started flirting with me. I was just like "Really?"

It was kinda frustrating. I didn't want girls to just start being interested in me because of something like that...:(

I'm not going to date someone I don't like to look at. Simple as that. And there's nothing wrong with it.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I think I'm a bad person. Not "WTF is your problem" bad, just "hmmm, you should do 'this' instead" bad. Here's my story.

I am 22 years old, living in a house of five, mom, dad, and two younger sisters. I like to think of myself as a moderately intelligent human being. Growing up, my parents had pretty high expectations for me, and for a while, I made them proud.

Up until around 11th grade, my grades were good, A's, B's, maybe a C or two. Whenever I did get a C, everything else didn't really count for anything. They were a little upset, but nothing too serious. I never felt a great amount of pressure from them, but as soon as I got to grade 11, I just.....stopped caring.

I started looking for ways to slide by, barely making the grade. This, in turn, irritated my parents. They only wanted the very best, and I was letting them down. I now understand how they felt. They saw the potential in me, and I failed to reach it.

Now, the older of my two sisters is in 11th grade, (hopefully) going to 12th next year. Here grades aren't great, maybe a little better than mine at this point. She's been slacking ever since middle school. My parents know this, yet don't do anything about it. Whenever she's in danger of failing, it's always, "Oh, you'll do better next time" or she'll just make something up to make it look like she's passing. Me? I never even got s "next time." All I got was punishment, and a seat at a desk three hours after school everyday.

My other sister is getting ready for 8th grade, and she's following a similar path. I don't know why they were so hard on me, but let them slide with whatever they do. I personally don't believe in the whole "first born" thing. If you ask me (and this is really self-centered of me), I feel as though the potential they see in me doesn't exist in my two sisters. Maybe my parents just don't think they're capable as doing as much as I was. Whatever, that's my theory.

But, it doesn't stop at school.

Growing up, I hardly ever went anywhere after school. The latest I'd get home would be 4:15. Anything after 5 resulted in a lengthy Q&A session, followed by a threat, which in most cases was fulfilled. Now, they, on the other hand, enter the house as they please, then go back out until well after dark, and my parents are actually OK with it. It doesn't make sense.

Now, I've tried to be a good role model. I don't do drugs, I don't drink, I don't associate with "less than refutable(sp)" crowds. But, it seems they're more into hanging out with boys than thinking about their future. I would try and talk to them, but not only are their attitudes toward me horrible, but they don't listen to even the smallest things I try to help them with.

So, what was my solution? Simple. I just don't give a f**k anymore. I just let them go out, and do whatever the hell they want. I don't care anymore. I don't even speak to them when we're together, and by together, I mean passing by in the living room, or wherever. I feel like I don't want anything to do with them. If we're not in the house where people can clearly see that we're family, I turn my head as if I've never seen them in my life. I'm almost embarrased to have the same last name as them. I can't go a day without wanting to explode, curse them out, and then beat the living snot outta them.

That is exactly how I feel. I know that's obviously not the right thing to do, but I'm at a loss of options.

What would you do? What do you suggest I should do?

Thanks for reading my rambling post. That was the first time I've mentioned this to anyone, so I'm glad to get that off my chest. It's weird, I talk about personal matters on a Smash forum filled with thousands of strangers, before saying anything to my friends and family.

Like I said, I think I'm a bad person.

|RK|

Smash Marketer

I'm a huge tool

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
What would you do? What do you suggest I should do?
There's really nothing you can do for them; however, I suggest changing your attitude about the situation to make it easier on yourself.

This is a case of not being able to help someone (or in this case, two someones) who doesn't want your help. If you really know that they won't listen to your advice (I would try talking to them anyway, but that's up to you), the best you can do for them is to let them make their own mistakes and be there for them if things don't turn out well. Minus the "I told you so."

You will have to learn to look at the situation differently, though. You say you "don't give a ***" anymore, but if you're feeling like you want to explode and yell at them or whatever, it's pretty obvious that you do care. Which is natural: they're your sisters, and whether or not you guys get along, they're still your family. Or maybe you're just irritated by their stupidity and don't necessarily care about them in particular..... either way, you're going to have to let your anger over the situation go, or it'll keep eating at you.

Realize that it's their lives, and you can only do so much for them if they're not willing to accept your advice. Like I said, I still suggest that you attempt to have a serious talk with them about it, but if they don't listen/if you don't feel comfortable doing that, then just.... let it go.

It sucks, but if you hold onto your current frustration, it won't help them, and it'll certainly make things worse for yourself.

Alternate strategy: if you know any of their friends that feel the same way you do, you can try to have the friend talk to them instead..... many people, especially teenagers, listen to friends more than they listen to family. However, bringing other people into situations like these tends to backfire since it can make the one(s) you're trying to help feel "plotted against."

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I'm not going to date someone I don't like to look at. Simple as that. And there's nothing wrong with it.
There's nothign wrong with it, no. But I think he's saying he just doesn't want it to be the main reason people are interested in him or start to noticed him

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I'm really frustrated with myself, mainly with my inaction and reluctance to commit.

I was going to ask out a girl last week but now my friend is asking her out. It's against my principles to steal a girl from my friend because of "Bros before Hos" rule. I'm the only one of my friends who hasn't had a girlfriend yet, and that one friend has been through 2 so far.

Today was my graduation and I lost my tassel right after the commencement, so I was angrily trying to search for my tassel on the floor. When I couldn't find it, my parents saw how angry I was and forced me to leave without taking any pictures with my friends that I'll probably never see again. I could've asked my parents to wait and let me get pictures with my buddies but I kept my mouth shut.

Last one (really pisses me off), I could've gotten my driver's license over a year ago and would have been able to go out with my friends much more often but I got lazy and now I'm only applying for my license in the next 3 weeks. I hate having my parents drive me everywhere mainly because they don't want to and I'm just wasting their time. So as a result I stay home a lot or have my friends pick me up, which is also a problem because I live REALLY far away from everyone else. It's also a big problem when I go out with girls. Having mom pick me up from a date is a HUGE ****ing turnoff.

Ryan-K

Smash Master

wow no ****? by letting your hair grow that long it shows that you don't groom yourself and how are other people supposed to care about you when you don't seem to care about taking care of yourself? lol besides don't act like you don't judge on appearance either. it's human nature ffs. people judge 3 hour movies based on 2 minute trailers. like yeah I'm totally sure you don't make assumptions about someone poorly groomed with ragged clothes wandering in the subway or anything like that.

people judge everything on appearance. people are scared to go places sometimes because they "look" shady or assume certain animals such as big dogs are threatening because they "look" big.

don't pull that 'holier than thou' nonsense like you don't judge on appearance either.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
If she's not interested in him, it's not stealing really.

You really should've spoken up about taking pictures, It's a memory you won't get back. But hey, we live and learn.

Don't get all worried over not having a girlfriend or not being all that good with girls out of (what i assume is) high school. It, for whatever reason, becomes so much easier to socialize with girls after that I've found and when you get your license you'll figure everythign out. Just a bit later.

This was all directed at Waltz.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
wow no ****? by letting your hair grow that long it shows that you don't groom yourself and how are other people supposed to care about you when you don't seem to care about taking care of yourself? lol besides don't act like you don't judge on appearance either. it's human nature ffs. people judge 3 hour movies based on 2 minute trailers. like yeah I'm totally sure you don't make assumptions about someone poorly groomed with ragged clothes wandering in the subway or anything like that.

people judge everything on appearance. people are scared to go places sometimes because they "look" shady or assume certain animals such as big dogs are threatening because they "look" big.

don't pull that 'holier than thou' nonsense like you don't judge on appearance either.
This is coming from someone with a Susan Boyle avatar, lol, just found it funny.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
yeah if you look at the susan boyle video, after she goes on stage you see everyone in the crowd like laughing and all that based on her appearance and then she got famous mad quick. of course people are going to judge based on appearance if they have nothing else to go on. DUH.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
If she's not interested in him, it's not stealing really.

You really should've spoken up about taking pictures, It's a memory you won't get back. But hey, we live and learn.

Don't get all worried over not having a girlfriend or not being all that good with girls out of (what i assume is) high school. It, for whatever reason, becomes so much easier to socialize with girls after that I've found and when you get your license you'll figure everythign out. Just a bit later.

This was all directed at Waltz.
Thanks for that jungle, so glad I'm going to college soon.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Hahhah! Enjoy that, dude.

First, you're testing God. If you read the Bible, God nor his son responds to people attempting to test his power.

Second, because you body is considered the temple of God, you would die without a chance to meet God.

Third, I can really only laugh. Hey, tell us what you find out about our faith!
What an amazingly d-baggy thing to say.

Everyone is worth something to someone. Life is an amazingly rare and wonderful thing, to cut it short purposefully is a tragic thing indeed. To laugh at the thought of a life being snubbed out in such a fashion is disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom