• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Poo. I hate when friends do that. So frustrating.

No offense, but your boyfriend kinda sounds like a jerk. In my opinion, you should probably let him know that it really hurt your feelings. Besides, it doesn't matter if you look like you're fifteen, because in reality, your age is twenty. Tell him to get over himself.

Okay... my turn.

I am overwhelmed every day, it seems. I feel as though I’m thinking, or possibly just over-thinking more than usual. The other day, Simon and I went for coffee downtown and while he read the Globe, I read the Coast. I thought to myself, here is a defining difference between us. An indicative moment. I live in a sort of fantastical version of reality. I watch and read books easily labeled as ‘escapism.’ I like abstract art and plays written hundreds of years ago. I’m fascinated by circuses, tattoos, makeup, mythology. All the frivolous, magical and glitzy things that life presents. Cupcakes and ukuleles. Voodoo. Haunted houses.

I will never be a diplomat, or hold a PhD, or travel in war-torn countries. I will read spy novels and watch zombie movies. I am criminally unaware of current world events and I have no knack for history. Embarrassing, I know. He is the opposite, and it astounds me. War and disaster seem less real to me than lucid dreams and masquerades. Am I a flake? Are disparaging comments about me said when I’m not around? Not by him, I’m sure of that, but by my more academically-minded friends, perhaps. I’ll attribute most of my intellectual self-doubt to having not been in school for a year, and being often significantly younger than the people around me. I can rely on charm, because when they ask ’so are you in school?’ I have had to side-step the question…

I would be just as happy to run away with the circus and paint acrobats every day, lost in art and performance, as I would to study English or anthropology.

Do you ever feel as though you simply talk too much? Not about any one thing, but too much in general. I do. I remember once thinking my interests weren’t vacuous. Yet, surrounded by law grads and musicians and talented artists, I can’t help feeling dumb. Oh yah, I’m pretty good at eyeliner! I like kids’ books and baking pie! …I am really glad that I went back to college. I don’t need the approval, because honestly I’m sure that nobody but me cares, but I would like to feel as though I can contribute to a conversation that isn’t about fire-eaters or Buffy.

IF I POST MY INSECURITIES ON THE INTERNET, THEY CAN'T HURT ME.
I don't have advice to offer, mostly because I think we're about the same. I always feel kinda useless because of that. I feel like my head's always in the clouds. And yet I act as if I look down on people who are the same way as me. Probably because my whole life I've sort of been given the message that I need to get my feet on solid ground. And so I began to hate the dreamer inside of me. So when I see it in others, it's no surprise that I hate it too. It reminds me of me.

But for all the ideals, dreaming, and well-wishing no one seems to find it as charming as you do. The girl you love won't see that deep down you can be that prince charming--in your own, strange way. And the hiring manager's not going to see you've got potential or a warmth to your personality--just that you haven't had work experience yet. Nope, not even your friends will see what's deep down inside you. They'll just know that you complain over the same things over and over again--not that you need them to help you get past this point in life.

No, all your dreams of fantasy worlds mean nothing to someone "in the real world." Today, it's not the thought that counts. It's results that people can see. No one cares if you're the nicest guy deep down and truly do love people in a unique way--if you're not immediately relatable, chances are whoever it is you're trying to get to know won't talk to you again.

The sad truth is, it really is all in your head. And no one cares what's inside there.

Sorry, this is my negative voice that lives inside of me and my constant battle between being who I am (a dreamer) and finding people that actually like me. More often than not they don't coincide. But I've found out that I seem to lose out on the friends option either way--I might as well be me and lose friends. I think that's more enjoyable.

Oh, and yeah, sorry Lythium if that just made you more depressed :( I can relate, I just can't give a ton of advice...

KnnySm3

Smash Apprentice
My parents seem to want to figure out what's wrong with me, but the constant problem of miscommunication is getting in the way.

Like today, for instance. Perfectly normal until my mother was trying to teach me to iron. The entire time my mind was going "Can I do this?" This is ALWAYS the first thing that happens when I stumble across a new situation. And that's a CAN in the question, not a DO I WANT TO. Yeah, that's right, I question my capability to do something before my passion for it.

So as I was trying to iron, I sort of blurted out what was on my mind to my mother: that I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing and that given enough time, I WILL find a wrong way to do something, even if someone claims it's impossible. In short, if someone depends on me to do it, I WILL mess it up somehow. It's why I use the internet and videogaming as an escape I guess. No one "depends" on me to do either of those things.

The next thing I knew, she took the iron from me, told me in her optimistic way that I couldn't possibly mess it up, and then when she finished the shirt, she just told me that was enough. Congrats, NM, you definitely messed something up, because I could TELL she was frustrated.

When I finally got her to admit that she was frustrated with me because I supposedly put up a wall when I don't want to do something I just realized that "Can I?" is never the first question on people's minds. They just jump right in and do it. Learn it, and do it. After thinking about this... I decided to go escape from it AKA what I'm doing now.

*sigh* Out of all the things I can screw up, I sure do an impressive job of screwing up people.
You didn't screw up anything. It's miscommunication just like you said.

And man, miscommunication sucks. It's why I'm always fighting with the people that matter to me. But the thing here is to just recognize the miscommunication and try to correct it. You can try talking to your mother about the whole situation and get her to see that all you did was break down in communication or you can do the one thing I find myself doing all the time: apologizing for the sake of apologizing.

Even when you know you're right, sometimes it's better just to apologize and let them have it. You know you're right so just suck it up and apologize. If you don't want to do that then talk to her. If you don't want to do either then don't think about it too much. Just move on and try not to let something like that happen again.

And there will be more mistakes in the future, that's for sure. But you shouldn't let it deter you too much and just "go with the flow". Things will work out. Trust me.

Proverbs said:
I don't have advice to offer, mostly because I think we're about the same. I always feel kinda useless because of that. I feel like my head's always in the clouds. And yet I act as if I look down on people who are the same way as me. Probably because my whole life I've sort of been given the message that I need to get my feet on solid ground. And so I began to hate the dreamer inside of me. So when I see it in others, it's no surprise that I hate it too. It reminds me of me.

But for all the ideals, dreaming, and well-wishing no one seems to find it as charming as you do. The girl you love won't see that deep down you can be that prince charming--in your own, strange way. And the hiring manager's not going to see you've got potential or a warmth to your personality--just that you haven't had work experience yet. Nope, not even your friends will see what's deep down inside you. They'll just know that you complain over the same things over and over again--not that you need them to help you get past this point in life.

No, all your dreams of fantasy worlds mean nothing to someone "in the real world." Today, it's not the thought that counts. It's results that people can see. No one cares if you're the nicest guy deep down and truly do love people in a unique way--if you're not immediately relatable, chances are whoever it is you're trying to get to know won't talk to you again.

The sad truth is, it really is all in your head. And no one cares what's inside there.

Sorry, this is my negative voice that lives inside of me and my constant battle between being who I am (a dreamer) and finding people that actually like me. More often than not they don't coincide. But I've found out that I seem to lose out on the friends option either way--I might as well be me and lose friends. I think that's more enjoyable.
Hey, hey! Don't go and get depressed on me now!

Dreams can become reality. This is something I truly believe in and it's been my one true motivator throughout life. And if you think you're alone you are not, my friend. To me, it is about the feeling that counts. I honestly wouldn't accept 1 million dollars from somebody if he gave it to me because he thought I was "trash" or something but if someone that truly cared about me gave me a marble, I would cherish it for the rest of my life. Because in the end, your feelings matter more to me than the gift itself.

If I can legitamately help someone out and they can appreciate what I've done for them then they've already returned the favor. Suffering is part of the pursuit of happiness because it gives us a greater appreciation for things. It's like they say, "You don't know what you have until you lose it".

Keep dreaming, keep pursuing. Don't let your dreams die.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Uh, my dad was supposed to fix a supposed burnt out headlight before I got home from college, got a ticket for it tonight. Bomb.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
My second lizard this month died today:cry:
Im not bad with pets, they just died of natural complications.....it sucks for me who gets REALLY attached:(

NullVortex

Smash Apprentice
Deep in the Middle of I-Suck-At-MeleeVille
So, I told a girl that I liked her recently, say 2 to 3 weeks ago. She's a senior, I'm a junior (can you see where this is going?) We both like each other. Cool. She doesn't want to get into a relationship as she's going to college. Not cool. She's going to a college relatively close by at that, which is teh lamesauce.

So we're sort of stuck in a pseudo-relationship with a definitive D-Day on the horizon and I can't exactly bring myself to tear away.

She says she needs some space from everybody as she goes off into college to find herself. I'ma give her the space, because quite honestly I believe she deserves it (overbearing parents). I'm just hoping I'm not waiting on her for nothing in the end is all.

To compound it all, I have the WORST inferiority complex when it comes to girls I like. So I'm constantly doubting myself and whether or not I should even try for a girl like her, and sometimes wonder whether this is just a pity relationship (which I should KNOW it's not, she's not that type).

Just needed to vent. I'm not going to wallow in self-pity, I find it has no productive value whatsoever. But there are those few moments where I'm like, "God ****it all."

Nice thread btw. It's good to vent every once in a while. This woulda helped a few years ago when I had a 6 MONTH LONG ARGUMENT with my friend over the most ridiculous thing ever. Thank god THAT'S over. Jeeze.

KnnySm3

Smash Apprentice
So, I told a girl that I liked her recently, say 2 to 3 weeks ago. She's a senior, I'm a junior (can you see where this is going?) We both like each other. Cool. She doesn't want to get into a relationship as she's going to college. Not cool. She's going to a college relatively close by at that, which is teh lamesauce.

So we're sort of stuck in a pseudo-relationship with a definitive D-Day on the horizon and I can't exactly bring myself to tear away.

She says she needs some space from everybody as she goes off into college to find herself. I'ma give her the space, because quite honestly I believe she deserves it (overbearing parents). I'm just hoping I'm not waiting on her for nothing in the end is all.

To compound it all, I have the WORST inferiority complex when it comes to girls I like. So I'm constantly doubting myself and whether or not I should even try for a girl like her, and sometimes wonder whether this is just a pity relationship (which I should KNOW it's not, she's not that type).

Just needed to vent. I'm not going to wallow in self-pity, I find it has no productive value whatsoever. But there are those few moments where I'm like, "God ****it all."

Nice thread btw. It's good to vent every once in a while. This woulda helped a few years ago when I had a 6 MONTH LONG ARGUMENT with my friend over the most ridiculous thing ever. Thank god THAT'S over. Jeeze.
You're doing the right thing by giving her her space.

And as for the other part, go for it. Try and see if you can't make this relationship work out (I mean later down the line). For now, keep in contact with her and such. If something is meant to happen sooner then you'll go into the relationship naturally but try not to force it. It works just fine when it's natural.

If it takes a little more time then let it. You're really young so there's still plenty of opportunity out there left if this doesn't work out but if you don't try then you'll regret it later. Even if it doesn't work out then you know you tried.

NullVortex

Smash Apprentice
Deep in the Middle of I-Suck-At-MeleeVille
You're doing the right thing by giving her her space.

And as for the other part, go for it. Try and see if you can't make this relationship work out (I mean later down the line). For now, keep in contact with her and such. If something is meant to happen sooner then you'll go into the relationship naturally but try not to force it. It works just fine when it's natural.

If it takes a little more time then let it. You're really young so there's still plenty of opportunity out there left if this doesn't work out but if you don't try then you'll regret it later. Even if it doesn't work out then you know you tried.
Dang I must've been away for a LOOONNNGG time if I didn't realize you were Uncle Kenny. I may not have known you personally but you were one funny guy on the forums. I hope that spat between you and Mocha resolves itself for the better. Condolences man.

Also, I texted for 13 hours straight yesterday. I need a life. Don't even bother responding to that sentence, it was only this weekend. It'll end soon enough. Or else I'll have to slap myself into stopping.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
You didn't screw up anything. It's miscommunication just like you said.

And man, miscommunication sucks. It's why I'm always fighting with the people that matter to me. But the thing here is to just recognize the miscommunication and try to correct it. You can try talking to your mother about the whole situation and get her to see that all you did was break down in communication or you can do the one thing I find myself doing all the time: apologizing for the sake of apologizing.

Even when you know you're right, sometimes it's better just to apologize and let them have it. You know you're right so just suck it up and apologize. If you don't want to do that then talk to her. If you don't want to do either then don't think about it too much. Just move on and try not to let something like that happen again.

And there will be more mistakes in the future, that's for sure. But you shouldn't let it deter you too much and just "go with the flow". Things will work out. Trust me.
The apologizing was done at the moment, so that's not an issue. The issue is this brings up soo many things in my life that I'm constantly needing badly to deal with, but either I can't or I just don't know a way to deal with it.

Like... fitting into the Smash community as a Smasher. Being in limbo with Brawl is about the worst position I could be in within the Smash community, really. Here I am, feeling like I'm under fire from every possible segment of the Super Smash Bros. owners as a whole.

Melee community doesn't like Brawl.
Brawl community doesn't like Brawl.
Brawl community doesn't like scrubs because they're a waste of time.
Casual community doesn't like people that "aren't good".
Brawl community doesn't like WiFi.
Brawl community doesn't like the Brawl community.

And I somehow fit into that really awesome demographic of playing Brawl, playing on WiFi, and being a waste-of-space scrub that is garbage at the game.

So of course when I want people to fix me, no one'll step up and do it until I step out ON MY OWN somehow and become "good enough" to deserve their help.

And then that somehow makes me think of how I'm terrible with people in general. Miscommunication and all that stuff I described in the previous post.

And I suddenly realize that if I want a job, I'm not getting around trying to sell myself to get it (resume, interview, etc.) and of course, if I can't sell myself to people in general, how on EARTH am I supposed to be employed in the end?

So yeah, one little ironing lesson gone wrong brings up Smash, people, and jobs. And of course it goes backwards too: going back to college I'll probably start worrying about jobs, people, and Smash.

KnnySm3

Smash Apprentice
The apologizing was done at the moment, so that's not an issue. The issue is this brings up soo many things in my life that I'm constantly needing badly to deal with, but either I can't or I just don't know a way to deal with it.

Like... fitting into the Smash community as a Smasher. Being in limbo with Brawl is about the worst position I could be in within the Smash community, really. Here I am, feeling like I'm under fire from every possible segment of the Super Smash Bros. owners as a whole.

Melee community doesn't like Brawl.
Brawl community doesn't like Brawl.
Brawl community doesn't like scrubs because they're a waste of time.
Casual community doesn't like people that "aren't good".
Brawl community doesn't like WiFi.
Brawl community doesn't like the Brawl community.

And I somehow fit into that really awesome demographic of playing Brawl, playing on WiFi, and being a waste-of-space scrub that is garbage at the game.

So of course when I want people to fix me, no one'll step up and do it until I step out ON MY OWN somehow and become "good enough" to deserve their help.

And then that somehow makes me think of how I'm terrible with people in general. Miscommunication and all that stuff I described in the previous post.

And I suddenly realize that if I want a job, I'm not getting around trying to sell myself to get it (resume, interview, etc.) and of course, if I can't sell myself to people in general, how on EARTH am I supposed to be employed in the end?

So yeah, one little ironing lesson gone wrong brings up Smash, people, and jobs. And of course it goes backwards too: going back to college I'll probably start worrying about jobs, people, and Smash.
Everyone on this site that comes here to play the game and get better are jerks. Okay, well not all of them but most of them are.

I don't come to SWF for Smash. It's everyone's original intent but you can pick one of three paths: come here for smash, come here for the people and your own thing, or do both (though smash will become less important in most cases). But my point is that I wouldn't take anything the "players" of this game have to say to heart.

In the beginning, I was always worried about critics and judgements and whatever but that's the thing, it's part of life. Hell, the second you're born people are already judging you. "That's a pretty baby!", "Eww...", "He's got their eyes!". See what I'm getting at?

What I've learned is that in the end, the only person you need to impress is yourself. Do what you do for you. If you think you've done enough then hey, you've done enough. As for jobs, don't sweat it. Personal accounts don't matter too much when going in to get an application. That's really the only place where you're going to have to sell yourself.

Socially speaking, if people don't accept you for who you are then it's not worth the time to have to "impress" them. True friends are the ones that will stand by you despite whatever may happen. It's not your fault for who you are and you shouldn't have to change (unless you're commiting crimes!) for anyone.

Embrace yourself. And please don't laugh at that. =P It was meant to be kind of serious...

Remember, if you don't like yourself then how can you expect anyone else to?

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Thanks for the replies to my little venting. Here's some more of it:

I've explained to my boyfriend why it's absolutely ridiculous that he said these things. I will probably find out when he gets on Skype this evening...if that happens.

He's not a very nice guy and the reason for this is (as he told me): "Life's not nice nor fair, so get used to it." He wants me to become stronger by insulting me from time to time.

I don't know, I wish I could shrug off his attitude and laugh about it, but often, I can't and I'll be sad...and then he gets angry at me, situation escalates.

That's it...

Oh, and I'm not one with much good advice on her hands, sorry that I can't really say much about other people, but I'll try in the future ^^

Crystallion

Smash Ace
It's really not good for me, it's actually destroying me...I just feel a bit like a broken doll.

And yeah, I deserve better, I know this. I've probably said it a thousand times before, but it might be better if I break up with him. Yet, I can't seem to get together enough courage to do it. I should probably do it very slowly, like not visiting or calling him anymore till it gets better.

I'm still searching for an answer ;P It might take a while, but it will probably be worth it.

KnnySm3

Smash Apprentice
Well at the very least you realize that you deserve better and you're actually trying to break it off with him.

One of the things I hate the most is when innocent people get screwed over simply because they're too nice. If you ever need to talk to someone, don't be a stranger.

That offer goes to everyone here as well.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
He wants me to become stronger by insulting me from time to time.
What!? Break up with this guy like now. That's horrible. Anyone deserves better than that. He violates any code of decency. Let me ask you this: Would you want to marry a man like him? If not, why in the world would you date one? It's a very similar relationship and one leads to the next. So don't waste your time in something that won't last--especially if it's just painful in the meanwhile.

It's really not good for me, it's actually destroying me...I just feel a bit like a broken doll.
Yeah, that shouldn't be the feeling you get from a relationship, as I said, this should end ASAP unless he makes a COMPLETE 180. Even then I'd be skeptical, as a lot of abusive husbands will make turnarounds only to keep beating their wives later on. When you keep forgiving them for it, they just learn to stop feeling bad about it. But he doesn't even seem to feel bad. Only reason he would is if you'd want to leave him because of it.

And yeah, I deserve better, I know this. I've probably said it a thousand times before, but it might be better if I break up with him. Yet, I can't seem to get together enough courage to do it. I should probably do it very slowly, like not visiting or calling him anymore till it gets better.
No...never. Okay, never end a relationship 'slowly'. This only amplifies the problem. Have a guy that's acting clingy and you want to 'give him the hint'? Tell him straight out. Because what happens when you pull back is that they try all the more to keep in touch so that they can find out why.

Same thing here. He's not going to 'get the picture' or even why you're breaking up with him for that matter if you do things slowly. You have to make your point clear and end it at a concrete time. You shouldn't continue to put up with this at all.

Just tell him that you ARE breaking up with him and the reasons for doing it. Don't be weak in telling him this, because he WILL be dating another girl at some point. Hopefully you want him to learn his lesson now as opposed to later, so he doesn't hurt any more girls in this way. Take it from a guy whose problem was being really clingy and 'suffocating'. The girls that broke up with me either did it slowly or all of a sudden--but both shared the trait of not articulating clearly what the problem was. It took me years to figure out what my issue was and deal with it. If they had told me earlier, maybe a lot of other girls wouldn't have felt the same thing in my relationships with them.

So you need to tell him straight out that how he's trying to 'strengthen' you is just hurting you, that you're NOT going to put up with it and that the relationship needs to end. At a later point in time, sure, things could work out, but I wouldn't bet on it. I'd even make sure to not mention ANYTHING about there being a chance in the future. If it happens, it happens--but don't breed what could later become a wife beater. He needs to see the severity of his actions and that, while forgivable, are inexcusable.

If you care for him as a person and for his future, it would be in his best interest (as well as yours) to break up with him and tell him this. It's the only way he's going to get the message. Because if you keep putting up with it, it's telling him that it's okay to insult women to 'strengthen' them. He needs to understand that women are weaker than men. I don't care what anyone says about me being sexist, that's just the reality. Emotionally and physically they tend to be weaker. Doesn't make them worse in any fashion, but that's just a reality we need to come to terms with. Or, if you prefer a different word, you could call them softer.

He needs to realize that you're not a man and that he shouldn't be trying to make you one. But instead to bear with you in your weakness when necessary--and also to appreciate it and let that soften him. Because a huge problem with men (and a huge reason why we need women) is that we're too hard. We aren't sensitive a lot of the time. And we need a woman to soften us and help us realize that we do need to act with regards to people's feelings and that hurting them unnecessarily isn't good.

I hope you see that I'm putting men and women on an equal playing field here--both qualities are incredibly important.

But it is your duty to him as someone who I hope cares for him to tell him where he's going wrong. Otherwise he will continue in this until someone gives him the heads up. Please, at least for his sake, do this. I honestly think it would do wonders for him to realize that strength isn't the ultimate virtue.

EDIT: Oh, and in case flames are coming: Re-read through what I said. Just take a moment and re-read if you're about to tell me I'm sexist. Realize that I'm not saying men are better or whatever. I think this world would be all wars and violence without women. I feel that men and women are two halves of a whole, and that there is no better half. The man's half is undoubtedly stronger, but that doesn't make him better. Remember that I ended this rant with "strength isn't the ultimate virtue." Likewise, women shouldn't try to be strong "like a man" or anything like that, but instead to embrace their role of what is perceived as weakness. I don't believe it's real weakness, as in something that's bad, but it's a good way to explain it. We just don't have a word for what it is. So please, if you disagree, that's one thing. But understand I'm not a sexist. I just see men and women as having very distinct--but both very important--roles that are not interchangeable.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I just wanted to thank you guys for reading and responding to my rant. It made me feel better. Sometimes it feels good to put your thoughts out there.

I'm still searching for an answer ;P It might take a while, but it will probably be worth it.
Proverbs summed this up much more eloquently. Crystallion, I'm just going to go ahead and say it: DTMFA.

KnnySm3

Smash Apprentice
Proverbs beat me to the long rant. I would have done it last time but it was 4 in the morning here and I was literally shaking from the lack of sleep. But what he said is pretty much all correct.

The one thing I wanted to point out is that yes, the world is a horrible place but the way he's going about it is completely wrong. The only thing he's doing is reinforcing that the world sucks and is probably trying to make you miserable for his own gratification rather then trying to "strengthen" you. But regardless of whatever he's been through, I don't want to hear it. It's inexcusable just as Proverbs stated.

Not just in romantic relationships alone but in all our relationships (friends and family) we have to be there for each other and help each other feel better. What he should be doing is letting you know that there is hope in this otherwise bleak existence. Because if you want to know the truth, there is hope. The world can become a better place and I, personally, am going to dedicate my entire life to seeing if we can't get some change for the better in the world. I understand I'll more than likely die before that dream is reached but it'll be worth it if things can get even a little bit better.

The first step towards happiness and making the world a better place starts with you. You need to make sure that you can be happy with yourself and your loved ones and that you won't let your hope and faith die away. What he's doing is destroying that and he's not worth keeping around. Don't listen to his lies, someone that truly cares about you would never purposely hurt you. In fact, I'm willing to bet that Proverbs and I care about you more and what I mean there is not that I'm degrading how much he cares about you but simply that we both do care about you more.

I truly respect Proverbs because he cares about people in general, not just the individuals he comes in contact with every day. That's a trait to be admired but if someone doesn't truly respect you and care for you then you need to move on. He's not worth it and you deserve better. After this, I would honestly recommend you don't go out with another guy again for a little while.

Give yourself a break and enjoy life. Enjoy the company of your family and friends and just live. Live... And be happy.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
I thank you all for your answers.

Proverbs, I may be intentionally flaming someone from time to time, everybody has done it at some point in life, in real life as well as on the internet, but I'm not going to flame you for your personal opinion. I even say that you're right about what you say, men tend to be harder than women. Also, I'm an extremely sensible woman too, which makes things worse.

I can't really say much, but it's pretty ironic that the man who makes me cry makes me laugh at so many times. You may not like this, but he's so very valuable to me; I understand that I need to break it off, but there's an unusually strong emotional bond that I share with him. I think a reason for this is that he makes me...feel, just feel like a human. All this time, I went through life saying "meh" to everything.

I also understand that there are men out there who could make me feel better about myself. I think I'm just not ready for the break up. I still have hope left, I always have.

The unusual thing I have is, and this is very important: I tend to suffer a lot more (emotionally wise; I hope you know what I mean when I say that, not to offend somebody's feelings) than your normal younger inexperienced individual, but the thing is, I feel SO good about every small thing my boyfriend does right.

You're right, it's inexcusable, and this time, it may well be unforgivable.
I'll see what he has to say and then decide what I'll do.

KnnySm3

Smash Apprentice
There are other ways to feel human.

The thing is though, once you find that thing that does make you feel human it's hard to let it go but that doesn't mean it's the only thing that can make you feel human.

It is hard... I know.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Break it off with him. Even women who are physically abused will say their boyfriends are actually nice and care about them deep down and that they do sweet things for them. Doesn't change the fact that they're still abusive. And will continue to be abusive. Staying with him and allowing him to do this just gives him more power. And the longer you stay with him, the more difficult it will be.

I just see men and women as having very distinct--but both very important--roles that are not interchangeable.
=|

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
My mother got taken into the Acute Admissions Unit in hospital today after what they think may be a brain hemorrhage.

Being the typical doctors they are, they're doing their lazy amateurish best.
God, it all reminds me of being a kid again, bull**** hospital care included.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
God, reading Uncle Kenny's sweeping generalizations and lack of people skills in the what's bothering you thread, bothers me more then whatever I was going to post about.

KnnySm3

Smash Apprentice
Sweeping generalizations?

Feel free to point out what I'm saying wrong. And I truly mean that, not in an offensive manner at all. I understand that I might not be able to provide the best of advice but when I speak here, I speak as if there are others reading as well and not just the person I'm giving advice to because someone might not have the confidence to post what they're feeling here but they can still use what they've read. If you think I'm wrong in any of my advice then please, correct it so they don't end up making a worse mistake because of me.

Though I do feel like I should say one thing in my defense; I have five very close friends, a cousin that's like a brother to me, someone whom I love and loves me too, and a very amazing family. So before you correct my "sweeping generalizations" be sure not to be a hypocrite and make one yourself.

And trust me, I know you probably have a witty response and a way to make me look foolish but do you really think it's worth it to argue? Because if you do, I'll submit to you right now that you have the superior mind.

So go ahead and give out your advice.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Uncle Kenny said:
And trust me, I know you probably have a witty response and a way to make me look foolish but do you really think it's worth it to argue? Because if you do, I'll submit to you right now that you have the superior mind.
Alright, sounds good.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
I just flunked my behind the wheel test :laugh:, but no that isnt the bad new more like neutral news. I already new I wasnt gonna past but I almost did O_o. But the main reason I have this small video thing that I have to do for bio. I have to memorize lines but the thing is my face never changes expression and my voice is mono tone <_<. So its a bit hard for me to make any actig expressions what so ever.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I found out what was wrong, my email address messed up and deleted most of the things I've ever registered with that email.

I think I'm going to be stuck with this account. That really sucks.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Probably typical teenage phase, but I feel like the world is out to get me lately, it's like everyone is mad at me or something. =<
It also seems like I can't talk to anyone anymore without being yelled at for something :(

It's just really irritating and depressing :ohwell:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Horror Stories: Part III

Are you familiar with the graphic novel series Scott Pilgrim? If not, it’s about a guy in Toronto who has this girlfriend named Ramona Flowers. He’s in love with her, but he doesn’t get to be with her until he defeats her 7 Evil Ex-Boyfriends. These confrontations generally result in visually exciting and often video game-based battles as Scott knocks them out one by one.

Ramona Flowers, this week is dedicated to you. You’d understand. Explanation ensues: for the past 10 days or so, I have been seeing ex-lovers and close encounters the city over. I can’t walk down the street without running into someone I’ve been close to. It’s gone past coincidence. They have been adding me to Facebook, Twitter, texting me, all out of nowhere or with a renewed sort of enthusiasm. I’m not saying they’re interested in rekindling, but it’s very much like they’re coming out of the woodwork. Passing back into my peripheral vision.

I have to wonder if this is related to the fact that I haven’t seen any bugs in just as long. Where I was being haunted by spiders and earwigs I now find myself standing in line next to someone I dated for a week two years ago and wondering oh god do I say hello what is the protocol here I will just pretend not to notice but that is so rude but oh god.

Some of this has been great. There are people I knew that I wouldn’t mind catching up with, but had seemingly vanished into the ether. I’m limiting it by saying ‘exes’ as well; I’ve been running into old friends and acquaintances everyplace. Halifax is so small, and people come home for the summer… I guess we can’t help the recycling.

It's not really a big deal, but it certainly is bothersome.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Probably typical teenage phase, but I feel like the world is out to get me lately, it's like everyone is mad at me or something. =<
It also seems like I can't talk to anyone anymore without being yelled at for something :(

This is a cutthroat world.
You'll get used to it. Also, I find that adults are somewhat less unpleasant in their treatment of others than teenagers, so just ride it out for a bit and yeah it'll pass.

... I guess...

Proverbs

Smash Lord

I know how you feel. It gets rough during those times. You just have to wait it out a little, unfortunately. Eventually the storm passes over. It always does. Only real advice for the meanwhile is just don't gossip about who's mad at you. Seriously. Because that just leads to further problems down the road. I'm not saying you would, but believe me, it helps if you don't.

Otherwise if you need to talk about what's going on specifically here, at least just to get it out or get a few responses, I'm sure we'd all be here to listen :)

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I just want to vent here today... I posted how I felt on Deviant Art, but any who.

I feel lost, and I just want it to end, That badly.

That's all I have to say.
Sorry to hear that Angel :(
Feelig lost sucks a lot, I felt lost a littel while back too, and if I still felt lsot I probably wouldn't be with my girlfriend still. I know how much feeling lsot can affect people. if you want to go into further detail about it, PM me

KnnySm3

Smash Apprentice
I remember I crammed my senior project essay and ended up getting a "B" on it because the grading criteria was pretty ridiculous. It didn't really concentrate on quality at all, to be honest. And I also remember that I did a lot of copying and pasting towards the end.

I swore I would never procrastinate again because all-nighters suck but old habits die hard... I still procrastinate like hell. =P

I'm procrastinating right now, actually.

Edit: Reading over this, this has nothing to do with what you're complaining about. I guess what I was getting at is that, yeah... Writing that much sucks.

Listen to music.

ƸArcher¤AngelusƷ

Smash Apprentice
hm.. whats bothering me would be that i feel i pissed someone of and know he's ignoring me (boyfreind) ....... ugh and i have no clue whjat to do ovr the summer.

: Agent Smith :

Smash Rookie
I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom