• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I can't find a thread to discuss Up in...

And it won't let me search for "Up" because it's too short.

IS RUSSEL'S FATHER A LESBIAN?!

I DON'T KNOW NOR WILL I EVER IT SEEMS

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
IIRC, actually having more than one condom actually INCREASES the chance of something going wrong.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
The effectiveness of birth control pills can be assessed two ways. Perfect use means taking the pills consistently and correctly. Actual or typical use means taking the pills incorrectly, inconsistently, or both. Birth control pills are only 99.9% effective when used properly. Women can become pregnant on the pill, if they're not using the pill as instructed. It's the same with condoms. However, the condom is not perfect, though it can reduce the transmission of STDs.

Knowledge is power!

hundreds of utilts

Smash Apprentice
If I may interject: wearing two raincoats actually causes excessive friction making breakage far more likely.

The best birth control is ABSTINENCE.
Be safe, kids.
if you don't want to risk a kid, don't have sex. its that simple.
a noble sentiment, but definitely easier said than done. : /

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
There Are No Offical Brawl Tournements In New York City.
Im Only 14, I Can't Just Go Traveling To Springfield Or Ca Or Whatever.
Guess I'll Never Be Able To Play The Dogs Unless There's A Tourney Close By Me, Like On Broadway, The Very First Brawl Tourney!:)

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Congratulations, guys! You got the thread closed :D

STAY ON TOPIC.

I'll open this in a couple days out of respect for people who have real problems that aren't just coming in to whine or get a +1 to their post count.

From now on, if I catch someone casually chatting in this thread [Lajin, Kinzer, king, Frown, I am looking at you] you will get infractions. If you do it again, you will lose access to the Pool Room.

This is a VENT topic, not a "lol let's talk about birth control!" topic.

You have social threads for random chat. USE THEM.

Edit: Also, for those who may have been influenced by incorrect information or "joke" posts here, I suggest you look up proper birth control methods.

Edit: Reopened. Don't take it for granted.

FTWin

Smash Cadet
I have incredibly bad eye sight. 20/20 in my right, legally blind in my left. to the point where when I close my right eye, I can't tell what I have typed.
So, I went to the DMV to get my learners today (almost 17 and just getting my learners FFS..) and I failed the test because of my eyesight. And, before that, me and my girlfriend planned for weeks to spend ALL DAY together today, my house, movies, dinner. Amazing stuff. but her mom grounded her on the grounds of she had a bad day at work. IT WAS 7AM? wut?
After all this sucky stuff, I get home about 5 and my dad immediately starts teasing me about my license and "Oh, I bet you mis Chloe, huh?".
Im a really, really nice guy. im good at keeping my cool. so I say"dad, i've had a horrible day. can you just stop please?"
"Oh, so I have to shut up because of that!? Don't ****ing tell me what to do!"
Uhhh....?
Then my stepmom joins in. "YOU CAN'T TALK TO YoUR DAD LIKE THAT! Blargha, Blargha, etc, etc."
It just gets old. Quick.

D13

Smash Ace
Just yesterday I learned that my aunt is filing for divorce. Her family lives down in California, so I'm not real close to them or anything, but it still bums me out. My uncle also had a divorce just a few years ago. My parents had better stay together. :/

Scott!

Smash Lord
I have incredibly bad eye sight. 20/20 in my right, legally blind in my left. to the point where when I close my right eye, I can't tell what I have typed.
So, I went to the DMV to get my learners today (almost 17 and just getting my learners FFS..) and I failed the test because of my eyesight. And, before that, me and my girlfriend planned for weeks to spend ALL DAY together today, my house, movies, dinner. Amazing stuff. but her mom grounded her on the grounds of she had a bad day at work. IT WAS 7AM? wut?
After all this sucky stuff, I get home about 5 and my dad immediately starts teasing me about my license and "Oh, I bet you mis Chloe, huh?".
Im a really, really nice guy. im good at keeping my cool. so I say"dad, i've had a horrible day. can you just stop please?"
Uhhh....?
Then my stepmom joins in. "YOU CAN'T TALK TO YoUR DAD LIKE THAT! Blargha, Blargha, etc, etc."
It just gets old. Quick.
That's rough. But concerning the test, don't you have glasses or contacts or something? I wear glasses. My eyes are so bad I can't see more than a white blob on black for what I've typed. But I was allowed to wear them for the eye test because I wear them while I drive and all of the time. If you've got them, or contacts for the one eye, then you should use them. Too bad about the other stuff too.

FERNO

Smash Apprentice
Uhhh....?
It just gets old. Quick.
Geez that's rough. It's really hard when your closest people or family abandon logic./ common courtesy. I mean its hard emotionally, sometimes it feels like living with Aliens or something. I mean geez its to the point now where if someones says "I have a problem" people think you're joking. As much as I love my family, I love logic/common courtesy...I know I love my family but sometimes it feels like I lost respect for them as an adult.

FTWin

Smash Cadet
Can't quote it because im on my phone, but im going to get glasses for driving on june 29th I think. something like that.
but then I leave for my North Carolina trip (HERB 2! SO excited lol...) on july 1st. No permit until August 18th-ish. because I get back the 8th. and the 9th-15th I have bandcamp. PLUS freshman camp, AND Officer workshop after that.
So much gay lol.

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
About 2 months ago, (maybe more, idk.), I bought Pokemon Platinum and played it for about a day. Then the touch screen on my DS Lite broke. The warrenty on the DS was already expired, so I tried buying the screen online. After replacing the screen, I tried turning on the DS, but the battery did not work, even plugged in. I declared that it was now just a paper weight a few days later.

I've been wanting to buy a new DS now, preferably a DSi. I want to play the new releases coming later this year and not give up on a gaming system that I actually like.

I'm afraid that buying the DSi would be a waste of money and leave me broke. Also, my mom's been b****ing about the whole deal after I went to Wal Mart to buy one, then at the last second decided not to. She just wants me to keep saving my money, even though I haven't bought something over 100$ for 2 years.

Help me, PRoom. Should I buy a DSi?

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Just downloaded the new DLC for Cod: WAW and the maps are unplayable. They look nice and all but the spawn system is one of the worst I've ever experienced.

The Zombie mode is the best of the three in the game though.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Today I’ve got the urge. Have you ever had it? You’d know; it prickles under the skin like goosebumps, like some kind of hunger. You can feel it when you’re biting your cheeks, picking your nails and staring off into the middle distance with a feverish determination to move.

The urge manifests itself as this, right now: I want to go. I want to pay my rent, pay my tuition, get my tattoo and then just go as far from god**** Halifax as planes will take me. I want to quit my job with a fiery flourish and rip my posters off the walls. I want to pack it up into three bags and hop a train to Montreal and start over. Somewhere with cabarets and circuses, repertory cinemas, a nightlife worth living and art on the streets. A city with fashion and culture that extends beyond Lululemon or American Apparel.

I want Boston. I want Copenhagen. I want Venice and Athens and New York. I did not want to pay $30,000 for a degree in something I’m not even sure I want to study for three years of my life. I do not want to work at a bookstore every day just so I can get drunk at Gus’ Pub every night. As of October 2009, I will have a BA in English, no money, no job and the same life I have now. Some days I don’t even leave a 2km radius, you know?

I’m… I’m going on. I ought to be good and have a drink and a shower and get over it. I can’t help it, though. The urge is in me today, rattling around, and it won’t shake loose. Every day I’m sad or angry at least once and it’s eating away faster and faster, digging deeper, festering inside. It’s telling me to make mistakes and break bones. Whispering sweet somethings about the world outside.

What is there – aside from the obvious – for me here?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
About 2 months ago, (maybe more, idk.), I bought Pokemon Platinum and played it for about a day. Then the touch screen on my DS Lite broke. The warrenty on the DS was already expired, so I tried buying the screen online. After replacing the screen, I tried turning on the DS, but the battery did not work, even plugged in. I declared that it was now just a paper weight a few days later.

I've been wanting to buy a new DS now, preferably a DSi. I want to play the new releases coming later this year and not give up on a gaming system that I actually like.

I'm afraid that buying the DSi would be a waste of money and leave me broke. Also, my mom's been b****ing about the whole deal after I went to Wal Mart to buy one, then at the last second decided not to. She just wants me to keep saving my money, even though I haven't bought something over 100$ for 2 years.

Help me, PRoom. Should I buy a DSi?
Depends; how often did you play your DS/how close to it were you before it broke, and how much money do you have now?

Today I’ve got the urge. Have you ever had it? You’d know; it prickles under the skin like goosebumps, like some kind of hunger. You can feel it when you’re biting your cheeks, picking your nails and staring off into the middle distance with a feverish determination to move.

The urge manifests itself as this, right now: I want to go. I want to pay my rent, pay my tuition, get my tattoo and then just go as far from god**** Halifax as planes will take me. I want to quit my job with a fiery flourish and rip my posters off the walls. I want to pack it up into three bags and hop a train to Montreal and start over. Somewhere with cabarets and circuses, repertory cinemas, a nightlife worth living and art on the streets. A city with fashion and culture that extends beyond Lululemon or American Apparel.

I want Boston. I want Copenhagen. I want Venice and Athens and New York. I did not want to pay $30,000 for a degree in something I’m not even sure I want to study for three years of my life. I do not want to work at a bookstore every day just so I can get drunk at Gus’ Pub every night. As of October 2009, I will have a BA in English, no money, no job and the same life I have now. Some days I don’t even leave a 2km radius, you know?

I’m… I’m going on. I ought to be good and have a drink and a shower and get over it. I can’t help it, though. The urge is in me today, rattling around, and it won’t shake loose. Every day I’m sad or angry at least once and it’s eating away faster and faster, digging deeper, festering inside. It’s telling me to make mistakes and break bones. Whispering sweet somethings about the world outside.

What is there – aside from the obvious – for me here?
Yeah I've had the urge before; it sucks. Sometimes, you just gotta put your chin up. Try to imagine how the situation could be worse. Move on, maybe do something that relaxes you.

If all else fails, take charge. Make some changes. Try to turn your life around.

In the end, things should work out.

...I'm not exactly the best at helping people out.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
So I took this girl that I don't know to prom as a favor for a friend, paid for her $50 prom ticket and her $30 dinner. At prom she dances with me for 30 minutes out of 2 hours and spends the rest of the time with 5 other guys.

Now money is tight, and I had to pay back my friend $55 for the limo. I tell her that she'll need to pay her own $55 for the limo and she goes ape ****. Luckily she can't speak English too well so it doesn't really make me feel bad when she questions my manhood.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I need to get a tooth pulled, and I have no insurance. Yes, it's minor compared to the other stuff posted here, but it hurts. Sometimes, it hurts so bad, I have to take some Tylenol or something. But, it doesn't accomplish anything, so I continue suffering.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Black Waltz: She sounds like an absolute bitc- nightmare. It sucks that you had to pay for everything for her. It's even worse that you took her to the prom as a favour, so she has no right to get up in your face about money.

TUSM: Dude, that sucks. Get some insurance, and get that fixed. I realize that insurance is not cheap, but neither is emergency dental repair. You do not want that to turn into some sort of nasty infection. Or a root canal.

~rh

Smash Lord
tl;dr = Too long; didn't read

EDIT: Seems like I was a bit late. Baha.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
This one friend of my mums accused me on being on drugs. Whaaaat?

This is not the first time my mums spread lies about me though, so I'm not surprised.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Wow, that sucks. Not to get personal, but does she genuinely think you're on drugs, or is she angry at you about something?

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
Today I feel like just saying in here to get this off my chest is, I feel lost deep down I feel lost, and lonely on this earth, but in spirit it's a different story, but any who.. Just ranting off in here. Sorry to throw anyone confusion.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Today I feel like just saying in here to get this off my chest is, I feel lost deep down I feel lost, and lonely on this earth, but in spirit it's a different story, but any who.. Just ranting off in here. Sorry to throw anyone confusion.
O...kay...

As difficult as it was to understand you for a moment, I get what you're saying. I think a lot of people have that feeling at least once in their lives, so its not unnatural.

In a while, you'll get over it (if its as painless as you make it seem).

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
This one friend of my mums accused me on being on drugs. Whaaaat?

This is not the first time my mums spread lies about me though, so I'm not surprised.
That beats how bad my mother is, congrats on that one brah.
problem time, eh could be worse, spreading lies only means she knows nothing about you, which is good and bad.

So I took this girl that I don't know to prom as a favor for a friend, paid for her $50 prom ticket and her $30 dinner. At prom she dances with me for 30 minutes out of 2 hours and spends the rest of the time with 5 other guys.

Now money is tight, and I had to pay back my friend $55 for the limo. I tell her that she'll need to pay her own $55 for the limo and she goes ape ****. Luckily she can't speak English too well so it doesn't really make me feel bad when she questions my manhood.
Tell her you took her to prom as a favor to a friend. she'll feel so crushed and humiliated. She prolly feels like you took her because you liked her and it was her time to spend in your glory light. F that, woman needs to know that she ain't that special and should cough up some dough. My girlfriend payed for my admittance fee for my grad, and her own. I bought everything else though and my buddy's dad owns a limo company so we hitched a ride with them for free :D

admins ignoring my pms about a slight name alteration bothers me
AS you probably know, not a lot of admins actually read through all of this, Queen Killjoy is the only one and I'm willing to bet she skims through a few pages then clicks "last". I'm sure they won't change your name unless your a respected person on here anyways so you've got nothing to worry about :) if you really worry, PM them about it, lol only way to know that they see it.

Martel Hammer

Smash Apprentice
Life is good; life is bad. Life is cruel; life is forgiving. Life is bliss; life is hell. Life is addiction; life is withdrawal. Life is water; life is fire. Life is heartbreaking; life is heartwarming. Life is frenzied; life is placid. Life is yin; life is yang. Life is pointless; life is meaningful. Life ends; life begins.

Why can't it just make up it's mind??!!

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Heh, I like that post actually. all differences of opinion about life are there. Good post

not sarcasm lol, I really liked it

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
Girlfriend is blanking me on msn (she's talking to everyone else but won't reply to me), was quite cold to me today and wouldn't let me kiss her.

Last night she told me for the second time she loves me but isn't in love with me, which upset me and I said some silly things which made her angry. Me and her disagree on what being in love is (she sees it as obsessively wanting someone, I see it as most people see it ???) and I said I'll be fine tomorrow as I thought it would help. It didn't and she thought I was being ignorant to her feelings.

Had my final exams today :( Couldn't focus on it because my emotions were getting in the way.

I have my last ever A level exam tomorrow, I can't keep feeling like this :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom