• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Perhaps he should be... put to sleep.

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
Haven't had the oppurtunity to practice brawl in 2 days and there's a number of techniques I need to practice while I can still remember how to do them...

luckily family will be out in 5 hours giving me time to practice on the tv

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I guess they just got upset that the dog crashed their party, amirite?

Really, that sounds... lame. If it was the dog's fault, then you guys shouldn't take the blame. Besides, if the only thing he did was come in while the party was going on, I don't see any fault in it.

I don't have any advice, that just upsets me.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Okay so...you and your family were all out, the neighbors threw a party, the dog escaped....why is it YOUR fault again? I don't get it, lol

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
I guess they just got upset that the dog crashed their party, amirite?

Really, that sounds... lame. If it was the dog's fault, then you guys shouldn't take the blame. Besides, if the only thing he did was come in while the party was going on, I don't see any fault in it.

I don't have any advice, that just upsets me.
I couldn't see there being any fine for that, though, unless the dog was there awhile bothering people or didn't have its tags on it.

Also, if you own a dog, NOTHING is the dog's fault, derp. Can't blame the animal for being what it is.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
I lose my cat tomorrow to my ex who has finally moved out. I hate lesbians (or at least my ex right now)

mzink*

Smash Ace
My car died cuz the alternator went bad. I live in Virginia, right now I'm in Wisconsin. I'm kinda stuck till I can get it fixed. But its not THAT big a deal since I'm just stayin with a friend up here and havin some fun. But I do miss havin my own transportation. Plus I have a long drive home so I hope my car will be up for it. A friend of mine is going to fix it for me on monday.

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
Girlfriend broke up with me: she was nice about it and I could see it coming so wasn't too painful i guess

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I am afraid of my own mind. It's scary as H*** in there. Everything sad and happy is twisted into pain, I always tear myself down like you are ugly even if I have never this before, I tell myself my art is terrible and it's a waste of paper even if many argeed that I had some good art. even in my dreams someone told me I was good at something. I would flat out insult myself by saying I wasn't good.

I try to make it all go away and I will just be yelling at myself and about everyday I feel like I meant be winning the fight. All i know is I try to avoid leting anyone see me during, come it would be freaky to see someone yelling get out of my head get out of my head.

I won't hurt/kill anyone but it sucks to be in a mental **** and when you lose your mind so,ething slips away and there is less in your mind and it's scary. If you want more datails there are more

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Wow, that's too bad, man. I've had issues with self-esteem, and I guess one thing that's important to know is that you don't HAVE to live up to any expectations. Just... try your best. Be happy with what you have and what you're good at.

I REALLY suck at giving advice.

Hope I could help, though.

EDIT: After, re-reading this post, it sounds a bit corny... but I still stand by everything it says.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Well this'll be weird but... I have some weird skin **** that makes it exfoliate faster then normal resulting in it peeling. I've been pretty sensitive to it with people calling me frosted flakes, snake etc. I've been ignoring it now, letting people joke about it as I do too. But still...it just gets to me sometimes how some people can be so harsh. :/

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
People who ridicule based upon things a person can't control don't deserve the time of day.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Well it's my Birthday and for some reason I just feel sad. This happens every year too. Not because of the whole "You're one year closer to death" crap or anything but just because I feel like I'm taking everything in life for granted.

Even with Genesis coming up which has had me psyched for the longest time, I'm down in the dumps. My parents try to make it a special day for me with Cake and the usual Birthday kinds of things but I just want it to be a normal day like every other.

Usually after a couple days I'm feeling better but this trend is starting to get to me. =(

S

smash brawl player 99021

Like Charlie Brown at christmas. Jk. Same happens to me though. It helps for me to be with friends to cheer me up :/ Try that

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Somebody cheer me up, please. I feel like worthless ****. I feel like a lot of people hate me right now...

I know I've done a lot of wrong things in my life, and I can't take back all those things I did. I'm depressed enough that I feel like committing suicide, and I don't like it being rubbed in, which is what has just happened to me.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Well... you're more than that, dude. You seem like a nice guy. There are probably just as many people who like you and think you're cool (if not more) than there are who are upset with you.

And... everyone has their ups and downs. I've done a lot of ****ty things and made bad decisions, and so has everyone you and I know.

And if anyone intentionally tries to make you feel bad about yourself, then they're just being an *******. Don't let them get to you.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
Somebody cheer me up, please. I feel like worthless ****. I feel like a lot of people hate me right now...

I know I've done a lot of wrong things in my life, and I can't take back all those things I did. I'm depressed enough that I feel like committing suicide, and I don't like it being rubbed in, which is what has just happened to me.
Every person does something they regret, unless they simply don't care. Guilt comes and goes after a regretful act. You seem like you're truely sorry for what you did. Is this being rubbed in on purpose? It looks like people are doing this to you to just be mean about it or they're holding a grudge. Suicide isn't the answer to it.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Okay, I'm better now, much better. I give many thanks to Clownbot and XFadingNirvanaX for making me happy again.

@XFadingNirvanaX: I don't think they were doing it on purpose (rubbing it in on me).

I wouldn't like to go into much more detail for this, all that is important is that I'm better. It didn't take much, but I WAS really feeling bad. And once again, thank you to Clownbot and Fading.

EDIT: And yes, suicide isn't an answer to anything, I was just taking everything too hard. I really don't think the people who made me feel worse meant to do it, however it did have much effect on me.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
I am afraid of my own mind. It's scary as H*** in there. Everything sad and happy is twisted into pain, I always tear myself down like you are ugly even if I have never this before, I tell myself my art is terrible and it's a waste of paper even if many argeed that I had some good art. even in my dreams someone told me I was good at something. I would flat out insult myself by saying I wasn't good.

I try to make it all go away and I will just be yelling at myself and about everyday I feel like I meant be winning the fight. All i know is I try to avoid leting anyone see me during, come it would be freaky to see someone yelling get out of my head get out of my head.

I won't hurt/kill anyone but it sucks to be in a mental **** and when you lose your mind so,ething slips away and there is less in your mind and it's scary. If you want more datails there are more
You don't want to hurt anyone, you're only upset at yourself correct? It could be a self worth problem. Do you have trouble accepting something about yourself or find it really hard to look at yourself/something you make and say it looks okay?

@Sly fox: Good to hear.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
I suck at everything video game related. I try my best to get into the serious aspects of everything in a certain game series; trying to exploit ATs and learn everything about said video game series. I usually end up being overshadowed/owned by someone else better at me in that game series who can talk about the game like it was a different language, yet still much better than n00bs, so I end up stuck between the middle ground of serious gaming and "how does I do wavedashing?". Kinda frustrating, but, oh well, I really don't let that get to me. Just felt like getting it off my chest is all. That's also what I joined the [noparse]:ohwell:[/noparse] group for. :ohwell:

Also, the arrogance of some members of the Custom Pokemon Shop is bothering me. Feel free to flame me for it.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Actually, I have the same problem. I suck at playing Smash; I joined SWF because I enjoy playing it.

As long as you like playing video games, it doesn't matter whether you're good or not. Having fun is the point.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I suck at everything video game related. I try my best to get into the serious aspects of everything in a certain game series; trying to exploit ATs and learn everything about said video game series. I usually end up being overshadowed/owned by someone else better at me in that game series who can talk about the game like it was a different language, yet still much better than n00bs, so I end up stuck between the middle ground of serious gaming and "how does I do wavedashing?". Kinda frustrating, but, oh well, I really don't let that get to me. Just felt like getting it off my chest is all. That's also what I joined the [noparse]:ohwell:[/noparse] group for. :ohwell:
Heh, I know exactly how that feels in terms of Smash.... I know a ****-ton about this game (more than 99% of the Brawl players I know), but no matter how much knowledge I have, it doesn't seem to help me get any better. Not that I'm bad.... I'm good enough. But I can't manage to get past the "above average" level.

Basically what Clownbot said.... just play for fun. A lot of people ask "why play a game competitively if you aren't placing well?" but honestly, you can still play competitively and not beat yourself over not getting first place. The fun is in competing and the actual playing itself.... not necessarily the place you get at the end of the day.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer

@XFadingNirvanaX: I don't think they were doing it on purpose (rubbing it in on me).
Don't be too passive. If someone is making you feel uncomfortable or unhappy, tell them. Especially if they're not doing it intentionally, because it means they don't even realize they're doing it (and thus, will probably not take offense if you speak up).

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Heh, I know exactly how that feels in terms of Smash.... I know a ****-ton about this game (more than 99% of the Brawl players I know), but no matter how much knowledge I have, it doesn't seem to help me get any better. Not that I'm bad.... I'm good enough. But I can't manage to get past the "above average" level.

Basically what Clownbot said.... just play for fun. A lot of people ask "why play a game competitively if you aren't placing well?" but honestly, you can still play competitively and not beat yourself over not getting first place. The fun is in competing and the actual playing itself.... not necessarily the place you get at the end of the day.
This. I'm probably gonna end up showing this to my roommate. He feels the same way about competitive gaming ("can't get good and can't win" sort of mentality) and, honestly, it's all about the thrill you get from testing your mettle against other people.

Of course, not all people feel the same way...but perhaps this approach may make their time competing a little more palatable. Lord knows it helps me.

Thanks, KayLo.

Edit: One more thing I can throw at you, KayLo, if you don't mind my doing so. One of the biggest things I learned while playing to have fun is to also try and learn from it. Don't hesitate to throw out questions in the middle of a friendly. Hell, even do it over Wi-Fi in the case of Brawl (via the boards or IM).

I was playing with Monk/Honkey/Banana today and I was pumping him for all he was worth for information, both Brawl related and Melee related. I learned quite a bit today verbatim, but also through practical application of the advice. It helps a lot.

Smooth Criminal

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
I need to vent out alittle.

Since the summer began I've been up and down with security. It's a pain in the a**. For some reason I can not be secure. I have my moments that last for 2 days, then something comes up and I'm a whiney alittle life-is-full-of-crap-screwit emo kid. When the slightest thing goes wrong I worry about it. If a friend cancels going to hangout somewhere, I feel like I did something wrong and won't let it go. It's pointless to worry about so why do I do it? Yes, I'm uncomfortable with myself for a number of reasons. Somethings I find really hard to accept. Throw in the life is meaningless talk in and it fuels the fire.

I want to live and not give a **** of what people think about me. Not to be an a**, but to be secure.

Done venting.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I feel the same way trying not to care what people think of me. But going into high school and maturing I'm starting to actually not give a **** what people think now. Which is a good thing in some ways...

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I got one.

I have a friend I have known since I was in 2nd grade who lives in another state (where I used to live) that I just came back from visiting. After only 1 day of being with him, I was driven to the point of insanity and figured out I can't handle being his friend. His overall personality shares similarities to people I try to avoid. Could only imagine how I would have dealt with spending two days with him.

The main issues though: he thinks that were the coolest buddies ever and won't leave me alone, even if I'm in another state. Sure, all he can do is call, but even the phone calls we have are to the point of overly frustrating and looking for excuses to hang up as soon as possible. What makes it worse is that I just found out he is bipolar and has been having suicidal thoughts.

I don't suppose anyone knows how to dump a friend :dizzy:.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Thanks, KayLo.
No problem. <3

Edit: One more thing I can throw at you, KayLo, if you don't mind my doing so. One of the biggest things I learned while playing to have fun is to also try and learn from it. Don't hesitate to throw out questions in the middle of a friendly. Hell, even do it over Wi-Fi in the case of Brawl (via the boards or IM).
Yeah, I do this whenever possible. I actually have a few "teachers"/mentors throughout the Brawl community who point out my habits and help me get over them. It's extremely beneficial.

S

smash brawl player 99021

^lucky ;D
@smasher32: I was in a situation similar to yours and all I could do is not answer the calls or just make excuses that you could'nt/can't hang out. Since he is a state away there's not much else you could do...

DLite

Smash Rookie
I need to vent on how incredibly n00bsh i am at SSBB and my harsh mentor MeLLOW isnt making it any easier -_- I feel worthless as an SSBB'er.Somebody shoot me with some talent!

EDIT: The venting isnt over yet. RAWWRRRGGHH, beng ***** by everyone really makes just wanna crawl into Mr.Corner and eat ice cream in fetal position. I hate that I'm so stupid and It ****ing bothers me that I soak up so much knowledge yet it gets completly wasted when I actually try to do those tech skills. It ****ing frustrates me! FUUUCKKK!! Dx I feel so worthleess (Thats enough for now)

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
Alright, I got one.

I have a friend I have known since I was in 2nd grade who lives in another state (where I used to live) that I just came back from visiting. After only 1 day of being with him, I was driven to the point of insanity and figured out I can't handle being his friend. His overall personality shares similarities to people I try to avoid. Could only imagine how I would have dealt with spending two days with him.

The main issues though: he thinks that were the coolest buddies ever and won't leave me alone, even if I'm in another state. Sure, all he can do is call, but even the phone calls we have are to the point of overly frustrating and looking for excuses to hang up as soon as possible. What makes it worse is that I just found out he is bipolar and has been having suicidal thoughts.

Ouch, that sounds really stressful x_x The only way maybe to not call him or communicate with him. It sounds harsh to dump a friend but if it's the only way then you might have to do it.

If you're worried he might try to kill himself, you could bring up counseling in a phone convo. But if you want out, you just might have to ignore him. Don't lose your cool while talking to him. If he's as bipolar/suicidal as you say, it might trigger more thoughts or an attempt.

Roxas M

Smash Master
I need to vent on how incredibly n00bsh i am at SSBB and my harsh mentor MeLLOW isnt making it any easier -_- I feel worthless as an SSBB'er.Somebody shoot me with some talent!

EDIT: The venting isnt over yet. RAWWRRRGGHH, beng ***** by everyone really makes just wanna crawl into Mr.Corner and eat ice cream in fetal position. I hate that I'm so stupid and It ****ing bothers me that I soak up so much knowledge yet it gets completly wasted when I actually try to do those tech skills. It ****ing frustrates me! FUUUCKKK!! Dx I feel so worthleess (Thats enough for now)
everyone has to start somewhere. just keep on practicing and you'll get better.
trust me on this. i used to feel the same way when i first joined here.
just don't give up. ^.^

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
Nothing really big, but there's one thing that's annoying me and that will annoy me for a long time, most likely.

My names' meanings translate roughly into "A pigeon, who is like god" (Religious parents.. Yeah >_>)

Now the annoying part there is that I'm atheist, so my name/names is/are as ironic as it/they could be. :|

Edit: Oh and another thing that bothers me is that this thread seems to show false pages. (like right now it shows "Page 122 of 123", and when I click the 123, it just reloads this page.) >:[

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
What makes it worse is that I just found out he is bipolar and has been having suicidal thoughts.

Even if you don't see him as your friend anymore, if he's legitamitely sucidial you should be there for him, & encourage him to get help. If it's legit, don't "de-friend him." Trust me. I "de-friended" a friend once & I the last thing I said to him was some mean s*** to him; he killed himself 3 months later [I can't explain how bad I still feel about it]. Also if he's legit & gets help, who knows? Maybe you'll both be great friends again.

If he's clearly not legitamitely suicidial, then go ahead & "de-friend him" as "kindly" as possible [I suggest slow & subtle avoidance & break downs of communication]. Sadly neither are probably the case. If it's a hazey decision [between the two], make your best judgement call. I'm sure you'll make the right decision. :)

On a completely different note, I'm pissed/depressed-ish. Both my August plans got cancelled (a road trip right before college with my cousin & a camping trip with friends). I'm pretty upset about it. I've had so many cancelled stuff I'd do with my friends, it's ridiculous. It doesn't help I've "de-friended" some friends thanks to their actions, while the rest of my friends seem to be off in their own world.

Plus after graduating from high school a month ago, I've done a lot of reflection on my time in high school [& even middle school] & the likes. Sadly, most of the reflection is just flat out depressing. I left head held high & feeling like the best "me" I've ever been, but I've lost dozens of friends. I used to surround myself with a ton of people [who I thought were all my close friends], & now I have like a handful of friends left. It's just so...depressing how out of my hands it is. How I can't control them to make everything normal again [but people choose to be miserable]. I used to pride myself on my popularity & diverse friends who I'd be friends with forever. I guess I was wrong... :(

On a brighter (yet still somewhat depressing note), youtube is down-which is like internet armegeddon. What next, wikipedia? :urg: :p :ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom