• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
No, she just revealed how much of an amazing personality she has, along with the sexay looks. We're just really connecting and remember I told you her and me agreed on no relationship at the moment, just fun.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I'm caught in the middle of helping two females over the losses of their virginity, and them wanting to exact revenge on the guy that did it. Fun, fun.
I swear, it's like you live in a soap opera :p

RDK

Smash Hero
No, she just revealed how much of an amazing personality she has, along with the sexay looks. We're just really connecting and remember I told you her and me agreed on no relationship at the moment, just fun.
Did you hit that yet?

Edit: of course he did; he already told me, but asking it was more for the benefit of everyone else in this room.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Heh, you must be good at helping people then in which case that's cool :)

about your issue though dude :\ me and my two best friends would be titled as "Players" However they all say I'm the nicest one and so all their victems go to me and ask for help and why they are so mean and ****.

anyways about your problem, they MUST have know his rep if he did both of them, like I'm defs a big douche on this because I see it as their own fault for not being cautious about losing their pride and joy V card

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not :s

from personal exp though, it's generally the girl that wants to do it just to get it out of the way, what guy would say no? honestly.

if that isn't the case then say what you need to without disclosing details.

I alos think they are only mad because they thought he would A) either wait a while to do another girl, OR B) end up dating them because of the sex, when they originally went in to it as just a hook up.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Nah, they guy played them, and they went with it for him so I've been told.

And they aren't gonna date, lol.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Hmm, they yeah sounds like my friend, but honestly I only half believe them through you lol, not trying to make this offensive or anything but I've had exp with these kinds of things, so I bet they were played but if they weren't going to date then what'd they expect would happen? oh he did some other chick? well they aren't dating so what's it to her?

all honesty though, I feel sorry for them, II just find it hard to believe they had no idea something like that would happen and freak out because it did happen (mind you, I'd freak too if I was them)

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
Ok, my friend doesn't seem to get why I'm turned off by fighting games.

It's the realism. Death cries/screams/whatever and torture moves and all that stuff just makes me cringe. That's why I just stick with the Smash series.

More specifically, he doesn't understand why all that stuff bothers me. It just does. It's part of my personality.

I kinda hate that for him. I'm just not the kind of friend he should be hanging around, since... well, I'm boring like that. Hating fighting games and loving RPGs and platformers... well, there's just not a lot to love about my tastes.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'm just not the kind of friend he should be hanging around, since... well, I'm boring like that. Hating fighting games and loving RPGs and platformers... well, there's just not a lot to love about my tastes.
If that's why he hangs out with you, no offense, but it doesn't exactly sound like a solid friendship. More like an acquaintance...ship.

I understand that friends come together for different reasons and that one of those reasons may be a similar taste in video games..... but there should be other reasons why you guys hang out if you want to truly call it a friendship.

In any case, I hope that he can get past his own bias and just accept your differing tastes in games. It can be annoying when people keep asking you why you like/don't like certain things. :urg:

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
Actually, we seem to have a fairly solid ground in RPGs, especially the Final Fantasy series.

It's just... trailers from Dissidia brought up this discussion.

Anyway, we really enjoy talking a lot, really. I've known the guy from Brawl online and we've met about 4 or 5 times IRL over the course of a year and half. So it's not just video games. Or maybe it is and I'm counting something that doesn't count.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
You're not boring, Nintendoman.

You just have different tastes. Different strokes for different folks, bro.

I don't differ too much from my friends as far as hobbies and interests, except in two areas: Music and Literature. My roomie (who is also one of my closest friends) and I clash daily on these two topics. Not only does he have a contrasting view on what is considered good music, but he also abhors reading (which is ironic, because he's still extremely intelligent and well-learned).

Now, music is important to me. I love it. I can't sing to save my life and I can bang on the drums all day (Animal style, minus the Beach Boys-esque amazingness), but man...it is infectious. I grew up in a household that embraced a plethora of genres (though I do have my preferences). My music library has everything from Metallica to Vanilla Ice. On the whole, I love it. My roomie? Could spit on it. Lol. He always says that the bulk of my library is utter crap, save for a couple of "gems" here and there.

If music is important to me, well, Literature is something like my God. I love books. Times and tribulations have prevented me from reading as much as I have in the past, but it still has not diminished my passion for reading anything that interests me. I try to squeeze in time every day to read stuff, but it always ends up as being something to the effect of a couple of pages and that was it. But anyway, I'm on a tangent. Now, my roomie? Hates reading, particularly fiction (which he feels is somebody's biased outlook on the whole world). He feels that roleplaying establishes a better medium than somebody's book. Time and time again I cite examples of such a commonality being present even in roleplaying, he still feels that regular books are "constraining." This of all things makes me want to wring his neck sometimes.

How I deal with these two things that I deem important and ultimately weigh compatibility? Same thing I do with everyone else---relate to him on other levels. We both love video games, we both love intellectual talk, and we love debating. Plus we're there for each other when things get rough; it's what good friends are for. The last one is definitely important. Without that holding you together, then what do you have? You don't have much of anything. As KayLo said, you're acquaintances more than anything else at that point.

Of course, there are a number of other things. But it helps if you can relate to him in other places.

*shrugs.*

That's just me.

Smooth Criminal

RDK

Smash Hero
@ NintendoMan

Part of what makes friendship fun is the differences in style and taste between you. It wouldn't be fun at all if both of you were exact clone copies of each other (or maybe it would to you; I don't really know).

Embrace the differences and learn to appreciate how your friend sees things.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
Well, calling us acquaintances leads to some really scary thoughts at the moment, one of which is that I really HAVE no friends by that definition. I mean, there's another person that I've been acquainted with since... 8th grade in public school, but the interests we share are few as well. Then again, I'm really as one-dimensional as it gets when it comes to interests. Crud, I think I've confused myself on what friendships are all about. :urg:

The thing is, he's pretty much tied to me, I guess. I keep telling him that really there's no way we could be friends normally considering we're on completely differently levels of talent. He makes me obsolete at EVERYTHING, and again, I hate that for him, because what I'm aiming for is a friendship, not some sort of "whack-a-n00b" sort of relationship with me being the n00b. It's kinda like he settled for Burger King even though he could easily go for Red Lobster. Or something along those lines. I know it's a terrible analogy considering people have different tastes in food, but what I'm getting at is that in terms of give-and-take... I can't really "give" enough to make up for what I've "taken". But even at that he just tells me to shut up about it and that he doesn't care.

I guess besides video games we have similar tastes in some really small things, like YouTube videos and soft drinks. And we HAVE divulged a large part of our lives to each other, if that counts.

But the only reason this was a problem to me at all is that he kept badgering me about something that's just uncomfortable for me to talk about. I'm not the kind of person to inflict pain and sufffering intentionally, so I just don't really have the mindset for fighting games. I can't really stand even watching them. The problem is though, I'd also like to learn how to be more competitive, so it just seems like the route for me to go. That's why I'm here on Smashboards.

On a side note, after watching the Dissidia video that my friend wanted me to watch, I feel sick. This isn't normal at all. ;_;

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I wouldn't really say this deserved a thread on it's own.. so I'll just post it here since I mean, it technically HAS been bothering me. I think.

Anyways, for a while now I've noticed a big difference in my diet. I would eat more and actually go out and do things to lose those calories less. I've actually started going to a gym though, but I'm still concerned about my eating habits. I've been having huge cravings lately.. and I'm concerned for my weight gain if I keep this up..

I really need to fight those cravings just so it doesn't become a huge problem. (which is technically is now.. but..). Oh and I've been procrastinating on making this post for a while.. but if it needs its own thread / doesn't belong here sorry 'bout that.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Yeah, I kinda know what you mean. Sometimes, it seems like the only real way to have people notice you around here is to have everybody know you or to be a troll. People respond more passionately to idiotic, pointless posts than modest posts that have actually had some level of thought put into them. It's a shame that kind of stuff overshadows normal posts, but that's just how it is.

Anyway, I am a little irritated at myself at the moment. I could've had plans with some of my friends for tomorrow, but I decided against it, due mostly to money issues and the fact that the plans themselves didn't particularly appeal to me. I know my reasons are perfectly valid, and my friends seem okay with this, but I can't help but feel guilty for not going. I'm not the most outgoing person in the world, so I should be taking every opportunity I can get to do something outside the house, but lately, it seems I've been denying quite a few of these opportunities. Even though there are conflicts of interest for me, I still feel bad for ditching out on them, as they're pretty much the only people who are actually willing to hang out with me.

And now I feel like even more of a loser for ranting about this to a bunch of people on the internet I don't even know. >_< I know that's the point of this thread, but I don't really talk about stuff, so...yeah...

:005:

D13

Smash Ace
Just try to be yourself and you'll be recognized sooner or later. Not that I'm well-known or anything. Ha.

I've been taking care of my neighbors' rabits for a few weeks. They poop a lot. (The rabits, not the neighbors. hee hee)

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Just try to be yourself and you'll be recognized sooner or later. Not that I'm well-known or anything. Ha.

I've been taking care of my neighbors' rabits for a few weeks. They poop a lot. (The rabits, not the neighbors. hee hee)
Well, I'm sure they wouldn't care all too much if they didn't see the rabbits any more, if you know what I mean. :laugh:

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
I've got LOTS to vent about..

-All these celebrities and other famous people dying of "drug overdoses" is REALLY getting old. Too many people are dying to these overdoses and I'm sick of it. Now I regret not doing any investigations myself because I know nothing else about these deaths.

-Video games are frowned upon unfairly by those born in the 1940's and before, along with politicians who constantly blame video games for just about everything wrong with society.

-Tobacco, alcohol, and drugs have done Americans so much damage, and I don't know why people just make me stand by and let so many people I know die to this stuff. Lung cancer, fatal car wrecks, hallucinations, heart disease, and cirrhosis are just a few of the prices paid in the sake of personal freedom. I can't stand it.

-I'd group fast food, especially McDonald's in with tobacco and alcohol. McDonald's has fattened America, made 3rd-world countries worse, wasted materials, wiped huge rainforests off our planet, torn down cultures like those of the Amazon rainforests, given us coronary heart disease, exploited children, tortured their animals before killing them (at least they might as well torture the animals), exercised some downright filthy employment practices, and even deceived some ethnic groups like those in India. People also tell me to just let that happen as well, just so that people can enjoy personal freedom at what ever cost.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I got in a fight with Luce. I feel awful because I insulted him.
He's probably gotten over it. Unless he's one to hold a grudge he's probably forgiven you.

Even if you're not sure, don't sweat it. I've done a lot of dumb **** and said lame things on SWF, but getting worked up about it isn't going to help. As long as you've apologized (and you were genuinely sorry), things shouldn't be too bad.

***​

On an unrelated note, I received my first SWF infraction today. It's funny though, I'm not really as upset as I thought I'd be. :ohwell:

½NIÇK½FBM

Smash Apprentice
If its a taco in memory of the taco bell dog then yes.

Anyways, the only gym I can get into around where I live officially sucks. Recently there have been countless numbers of really old people, coming in, and falling asleep on all the machines. Let share some stories; Multiple people have slid of tredmils because they cant shuffle their feet fast enough, one particular old guy has fell asleep on the leg press atleast 5 times, and a couple of other people have pretty much just sat on a machine and read the directions 100 times.

Also the other day I was doing the bench press underneath 170 pounds in the middle of my set, and an old guy comes over and asks, "what muscle does this excercise help?"

Are kidding me? Its a gym not a pottery class. I officially hate elders now. I have lost all respect for them.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
This doesn't really bother me, but in lack of a "minor-random-thoughts-that-don't-need-their-own-threads" thread I'll post here.. (Should one be made?.. Could end up really spammy though. :| )

Today I realised (I don't know how I thought of it) that when something embarassing happens to a girl, it's often considered cute, but if the same happened to a guy, he would just make himself look stupid.

....Okay now there's something bothering me! I was thinking I'd type something here, to end this post, but then I my thoughts cancelled themselves and I was left with half of a sentence, and now I can't remember what I was typing. :(
I hate when that happens.

Edit: Also, what's up with this thread having pages that it doesn't have?

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
Something is bothering me, but what is also bothering me is that I can't post it here because it's about someone that is on here alot that I know IRL, and who knows what all threads he reads...

...sigh...

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Cup Noodle soup fell all over my desk and got some on my keyboard. UGHHHHHHHH Thank goodness for a seemingly unlimited supply of Chlorox wipes.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I was so busy alld ay babysitting my girlfriends nephew then going to work stragith after that i forgot about my best friends birthday. I feel like a chump

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
I just watched episodes 20 and 21 of Higurashi no naku koro ni for the first time... At the middle of the night.
Not a smart choice.

Summary of what basically happens in those episodes (Yes, contains spoilers, so don't read if you don't want to be spoiled, obviously):
Murders happen, and a drug-induced suicide.. All extremely bloody (involving a crucifix and a knife.. And maniac laughing, lots of it.) and in full detail (or as detailed as anime gets).. It also revealed that the murderer wasn't actually the person who it's shown to be in an earlier episode, which had the same things from a different characters perspective (= episode 8), but actually her twin.. Major mind**** there as well.

That is what's bothering me right now..

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
kirby: i wish i couldve done that but we arent living in the same state at the moment :(

also. My girlfriend is taking up my entire bed. So I'm on the ground on my laptop. owned.

DLite

Smash Rookie
I'm sick of my parents
Apparently I'm nothing but a fat ugly piece of **** to them.
I r sick of their insults, wish I could stich there lips together so they never talk again.
>.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom