• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
People are such a being of extremes.
Like, you can never get someone who understands the middle ground, that understands balance.

Like you either get Liberals or Conservative, a tolerance zealot or a neo nazi.
People are so obstinate and attached to their beliefs. This all greatly annoys me.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Teran, I think I might love you a little.

I'm disgusted with SWF at the moment. Just the content of it. Of User Blogs, of Tactical, and of the PRoom, namely. I know the obvious solution is trying to make it better, but frankly, I'm uninspired.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'm disgusted with SWF at the moment. Just the content of it. Of User Blogs, of Tactical, and of the PRoom, namely. I know the obvious solution is trying to make it better, but frankly, I'm uninspired.
Eh, that's why I don't go outside the Pikachu and Zelda forums, lol. And the ToS thread. Only very occasionally.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Like, you can never get someone who understands the middle ground, that understands balance.

People are so obstinate and attached to their beliefs. This all greatly annoys me.
Ask yourself this: Do you consider yourself a moderate person?

Don't come up with a knee-jerk response. Think really hard about it for a second. Consider all of your viewpoints and all of your experiences, then scale them against the concept of middle ground.

I wonder what sort of response is going to come out of this. I am interested.

Edit: I don't think the boards are too bad. I generally tend to stay out of threads unless I have a question that needs to be addressed or when I feel the need to goof off a bit. Also, I'm lazy; I don't like typing long-winded things on the boards unless I want to write.

Smooth Criminal

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I want to know why the bar with the user's Avatar and information is horizontally above the posts on some computers and vertically along the left side on others. It's effing up meh formatting of meh long posts :(

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
I want to know why the bar with the user's Avatar and information is horizontally above the posts on some computers and vertically along the left side on others. It's effing up meh formatting of meh long posts :(
If you're talking about what I think, then..

User CP --> Edit Options (Under Settings & options) --> scroll down to Postbit Location and switch to which you want, top or left.

rhan

Smash Hero
I can't sleep..... Mainly due to my crew members practicing for a semi huge toureny in NC. But yeah we've been staying up for the last 3 days playin/practicing.... And for now, I am done with Melee until the day of the tourney....

I just wish they felt the same way and just wanted to SLEEEEEEP! AGH!

FrancisM2DaIzH

Smash Cadet
I have a problem... for about 3 days now i've been trying to figure out what the SSB logo is! its in the "o" and i see it all over the place and now i cant play ssb without thinking "hey i wonder wtf that means" but i cant figure out what it means! i dont now what to do, i might kill myself today

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I have a problem... for about 3 days now i've been trying to figure out what the SSB logo is! its in the "o" and i see it all over the place and now i cant play ssb without thinking "hey i wonder wtf that means" but i cant figure out what it means! i dont now what to do, i might kill myself today
I think its just a random symbol they came up with.

If I was to hazard a guess id say it symbolises Nintendos "Perfect circle" of games and characters who until smash bros have lived in peace.The lines which cut the circle represent the fact that they now have to fight eachother from the 4 corners of the nintendo world,which has divided.

PROBABLY COMPLETE TRASH!

Oh and dont kill yourself,I was gonna do that a while back......:urg:

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Eh, that's why I don't go outside the Pikachu and Zelda forums, lol. And the ToS thread. Only very occasionally.
I hope to see you in the Shack more often, not so young lady!

I'm about to go to my College's Financial Aid offices and waste 2 hours of my life waiting(At least I'm going with a friend) in line and hopefully this time, they won't tell me the info I brought with me is wrong.

*Goes to double-check his paperwork*

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
You mean the cross in the circle?

It's derived from the first Smash Bros., on the 64. The game was supposedly based on playing in a child's room. As in, when you were a kid, and you played with your toys, that's what Smash was supposed to be. The symbol is supposed to be the sun shining through a window in a child's room. Is that convoluted or what?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Ask yourself this: Do you consider yourself a moderate person?
I'm pretty dull and apathetic, I dunno.
I guess I'm pretty weird, but in terms of my views and how I express them, I'm pretty chilled, I can accept pretty much any point of view without having the urge to force my own down someone else's as being right.

After all, I think your own views on life are applicable to your life, your experiences, and you as a person.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I guess I'm pretty weird, but in terms of my views and how I express them, I'm pretty chilled, I can accept pretty much any point of view without having the urge to force my own down someone else's as being right.

After all, I think your own views on life are applicable to your life, your experiences, and you as a person.
+10 Kewl Points
+20 Sense Points
+50 Wisdom Points

FrancisM2DaIzH

Smash Cadet
You mean the cross in the circle?

It's derived from the first Smash Bros., on the 64. The game was supposedly based on playing in a child's room. As in, when you were a kid, and you played with your toys, that's what Smash was supposed to be. The symbol is supposed to be the sun shining through a window in a child's room. Is that convoluted or what?
This is what everyone tells me BUT if you watch it there is clearly NO sun in the window!!! AHHH! lol

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Where do you live, Chaco? My dad could fix it if you were close. He's a professional hair stylist. He owns a salon. I actually got my hair cut today and didn't have to leave the house ;D

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I hate looking for jobs. I try to avoid the abject horror of job interviews.

It's not that I'm bad at them. I'm not. I can fake it like a champ, but it just chips away at my dignity and self-respect every time I edit a line in my resume and check how many times I've used the words 'experience,' 'opportunity,' 'location,' and 'customer service.' If I'm applying to serve coffee, it shouldn't matter how dedicated I am to customer loyalty. It's coffee. It should be enough that I can make a great Americano and I look decent at seven in the morning. I'm not going to take a bullet for the company. I'm here to pay my rent and maybe get some free biscotti out of it.

I see so many of my friends, and often myself, taking jobs below their standing. Friends with degrees from prestigious universities who work at tourist traps, liquor stores, cafes, the mall. Waitresses with MFAs. Double majors washing dishes. I'm stuck now, barely employed in the height of a recession. Needing money to pay for classes so that I can get credits and graduate, and god willing, still peddle books for the rest of my life.

That's all I can hope for.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

I can definitely relate to what you're saying. I got so tired of ignorant people that I just reached a point where I really stopped caring about what most people do, think, or say, & I focus on what brilliant, wise, & logical people do, think, or say. That's not to say I won't listen to what "those" people say (although no one ever seems to really "listen," do they?), it's just most people seem to be followers.

Followers who follow not just something illogical (whether it's a way of life, stupid religious beliefs, or hatred), but evil. Really, the only followers people remember are brave & just ones. Like those who followed Spartacus.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I hate looking for jobs. I try to avoid the abject horror of job interviews.

It's not that I'm bad at them. I'm not. I can fake it like a champ, but it just chips away at my dignity and self-respect every time I edit a line in my resume and check how many times I've used the words 'experience,' 'opportunity,' 'location,' and 'customer service.' If I'm applying to serve coffee, it shouldn't matter how dedicated I am to customer loyalty. It's coffee. It should be enough that I can make a great Americano and I look decent at seven in the morning. I'm not going to take a bullet for the company. I'm here to pay my rent and maybe get some free biscotti out of it.

I see so many of my friends, and often myself, taking jobs below their standing. Friends with degrees from prestigious universities who work at tourist traps, liquor stores, cafes, the mall. Waitresses with MFAs. Double majors washing dishes. I'm stuck now, barely employed in the height of a recession. Needing money to pay for classes so that I can get credits and graduate, and god willing, still peddle books for the rest of my life.

That's all I can hope for.
I hate to sound like an ***, but get over it. Seriously. No company, no CAREER cares about your self-respect and your dignity. They care about the quota and about what it is your capable of doing. Maybe you can find management in the company that looks at you as little more than a peon, but the reality of it is that nobody gives a ****.

Do what you can to survive and pray for a opportunity.

Smooth Criminal

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
:) This is silly compared to the other things that are bothering people, but I'm without WiFi and sad. :(

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
My girlfriend's Grandma is in the hospital for the second time in a month. And things aren't looking well, like, at all. My girlfriend loves her Grandmother a lot, and she's a bit suicidal. Losing her Grandma may push her over the edge.

My question is this: If her Grandma does die, how can I prevent my girlfriend from doing something stupid. Any responses along the lines of "She won't do it" will have the end result of you on my ignore list and a good old fashioned "**** you" as a response.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
spend quality time with her in person, away from or aside from other activities or influences. hug her and ask her how she is doing and if she wants to talk about it. make sure she is venting her emotions in a positive manner, like talking to you or crying with you or talking with her parents about her grandmother's life, so that she does not feel the need to vent her emotions in a negative manner. being open with each other and her talking while you listen will hopefully help her a lot.

if she is regularly having suicidal thoughts then you should find an applicable moment to talk with her about how she is feeling and encourage her to talk with someone like a guidance counselor or a psychiatrist or even someone on a hotline. an applicable moment would most likely not be when she is venting anger or overly emotional.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
spend quality time with her in person, away from or aside from other activities or influences. hug her and ask her how she is doing and if she wants to talk about it. make sure she is venting her emotions in a positive manner, like talking to you or crying with you or talking with her parents about her grandmother's life, so that she does not feel the need to vent her emotions in a negative manner. being open with each other and her talking while you listen will hopefully help her a lot.
I've been talking to her about it whenever she brings it up, and I ask her about it whenever I think she's thinking about it. So I think she's venting her emotions in a positive matter, but I think she started cutting herself again and won't admit it to me, which is frustrating. I'll tell her to talk to her parents about it, because I don't think she's been doing that.

if she is regularly having suicidal thoughts then you should find an applicable moment to talk with her about how she is feeling and encourage her to talk with someone like a guidance counselor or a psychiatrist or even someone on a hotline. an applicable moment would most likely not be when she is venting anger or overly emotional.
I'll try suggesting this. Thank you, Tom.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
you are right that is is frustrating. my ex had a history of cutting when she was a pre-teen and early-teenager, and early in our teenage relationship when she was upset or feeling depressed/detached she started cutting again for a short while.

i do not know if it is the same with your girlfriend, but i know that my ex was embarrassed about her cutting because she knew that it was a sign that her life wasn't what she wanted, she shouldn't be doing it, and she knew that everyone around her didn't want her to. it was very frustrating for me to suspect that she was cutting again, if not for the fact that i cared very much about her and wanted her to be happy and healthy, then for the fact that she was hiding something from me (even though i could understand that it also hurt her to hide it from me. it is a bad cycle that builds on itself).

in my case, i was right in suspecting she was cutting again, and i sat down with her and held her hands and asked her to please just listen and not interrupt. and then i explained to her that i understood that she was feeling depressed and that i knew that she was cutting again, and that i was not mad at her in any way for cutting or upset with her at all for keeping it from me but that i cared for her very much and i wanted to understand and i wanted to be there for her and help her stop cutting for good and to be happy. she did not tell her parents about the incidents for quite some time after we had worked through it, though she did talk to her parents about some of the things that were making her upset.

i dont know if this situation holds the same parallels with yours but i hope this somehow helps and you guys are able to work through her turmoil.

edit: also, i would think it would be a lot easier for her, if she will not admit to you that she is cutting, to admit it to a doctor/psychiatrist who is sworn to patient-doctor confidentiality or someone on a hotline who will never meet her in person but is there for her.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I love how I've tried to talk to people about problems I'm having only to be completly ****ing ignored.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Sorry Mic, hope things get better for ya. I can lend an ear if you'd like, but I doubt you'd accept.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I love how I've tried to talk to people about problems I'm having only to be completly ****ing ignored.
If you're seen as a smart and wise go to guy for advice, then expect that to happen often. :urg:

So are you?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I was playing LoZ: Wind Waker, I saved about halfway through the most difficult dungeon in the game (:mad:), and after I beat the boss (who was very frustrating for me, btw), a glitch occurred and I had to reset my GCN.

Now, before you say anything, I'm a n00b, and I also get angry over stupid things, which is a VERY bad combination.

On top of that, I was just having a Lunchables cracker sandwich, and I saw what may or may not be mold on my cheese. :mad:

This is a REALLY lame post, but I was pretty upset and I wanted to vent about it. But hey, feel free to point and laugh as well. :laugh:

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm caught in the middle of helping two females over the losses of their virginity, and them wanting to exact revenge on the guy that did it. Fun, fun.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Who? Me?

:embarrass Sorry, didn't realize I had such poor grammars.

Still kind of on-edge right now... I'm getting really impatient with my slow-a** computer.

EDIT: lol, on top of SWF acting all glitchy on me now, I got a network timeout while submitting my post.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Lol, you lice, this isn't the thread to mock people in.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
So I got an hour of sleep last whatever, I don't even know what to call it, morning? Stayed up til 5:50 am on the phone with this girl I'm seeing and had to wake up at 7 something to get ready for my new job's training with a couple of my good friends.

This 3 hour presentation's gonna KILL ME.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
So I got an hour of sleep last whatever, I don't even know what to call it, morning? Stayed up til 5:50 am on the phone with this girl I'm seeing and had to wake up at 7 something to get ready for my new job's training with a couple of my good friends.

This 3 hour presentation's gonna KILL ME.
Uhh dude... that girl's got you on lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom