• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I hate pancakes, they taste like plastic. And when you put butter or jam on it, it tastes like plastic with butter or jam on it.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Cause we can't play video games!

:chuckle:

Sorry I have no other answer. >.>
Do chicks ever have any emotion at all? I mean... She's like... Completely careless about everything, and over me, but at the same time she plays these little inside mindgames on me. Unless I'm just overreacting over her finding someone else, and thinking it's still about me... No idea.

I seriously need to get over this heartbreak. At least it hurts a lot less than it used too.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
girls have too many emotions at once. this is what causes them to seem like they have no emotions.

their whole existence is one big mindgame.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Okay, while all I've done lately here is spam about pancakes, there is something bothering me.

I'm going to graduate school fairly soon for mathematics. I'm very nervous about this since I have an awful work ethic and I also lack intrinsic motivation in general. My current situation reminds of the time prior to enrolling in my first undergraduate school; I first attended Harvey Mudd, but I ended up transferring to an easier institution after getting frustrated there, and I fear that I am going to go through a similarly demoralizing and depressing experience again. Assuming grad school doesn't work out, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I don't really have any talents outside of mathematics.

Also, sorry for not responding to any of the comments on my last non-spammy post in this thread. I think responding to them in a way that provided any worthwhile information would require disclosing info that I'm not comfortable stating on this site.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
If you have problems finding intrinsic motivation, can you think of an extrinsic one? I found having something to work for made me work a lot harder.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I can think of things that should motivate me, but don't. For example, I know that my future well-being probably depends largely on me putting a lot of effort into my studies, but that has never stopped me from procrastinating on everything. Given that my own well-being doesn't motivate me to action, I'm not sure what else would.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
IM me if you want, we can talk. I'd rather not discuss what i use for motivation as it's fairly personal

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
Girls are more sneaky than you think. You wont believe all the things some of them try to do to steal things like clothes.
when i read your posts then look at your avatar it makes me sad, even if it were about something really happy.

Okay, while all I've done lately here is spam about pancakes, there is something bothering me.

I'm going to graduate school fairly soon for mathematics. I'm very nervous about this since I have an awful work ethic and I also lack intrinsic motivation in general. My current situation reminds of the time prior to enrolling in my first undergraduate school; I first attended Harvey Mudd, but I ended up transferring to an easier institution after getting frustrated there, and I fear that I am going to go through a similarly demoralizing and depressing experience again. Assuming grad school doesn't work out, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I don't really have any talents outside of mathematics.

Also, sorry for not responding to any of the comments on my last non-spammy post in this thread. I think responding to them in a way that provided any worthwhile information would require disclosing info that I'm not comfortable stating on this site.
Life is all about finding your niche. You HAVE to go through different places before you find where you'd like to settle down.
It's actually a good thing, imo, bc you discover things about yourself--what you're willing to fight for, what you're willing to settle for, what you're willing to leave.

It's good to worry about things like this bc that means you're just lazy(?), not that you don't care. Don't worry yourself so much it takes away from time you could be spending doing something productive.

*and spam can soothe the soul--we need life light sometimes

global-wolf

Smash Champion
I read this really horrible book a while ago. There's a lot of books I don't like, mostly because of subject matter or writing style, but this particular book should have never been published. Plot was bland and predictable, characters were stereotyped, shallow, and whiny, and it was just so, so bad. I suddenly remembered it today when I was discussing a good book with a friend. I went home and searched up reviews for it (I must be a glutton for punishment.) The vast amount of parents saying it's a dramatic, engaging read and perfect for teenage girls really ticked me off.

Just needed to semi-rant.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I read this really horrible book a while ago. There's a lot of books I don't like, mostly because of subject matter or writing style, but this particular book should have never been published. Plot was bland and predictable, characters were stereotyped, shallow, and whiny, and it was just so, so bad. I suddenly remembered it today when I was discussing a good book with a friend. I went home and searched up reviews for it (I must be a glutton for punishment.) The vast amount of parents saying it's a dramatic, engaging read and perfect for teenage girls really ticked me off.

Just needed to semi-rant.
let me guess, was it twilight?

Silent_Rain

Smash Journeyman
So it bothers me that I have no received my loan money yet for my study abroad program in London. My plane is scheduled to fly out in 12 days and I have not received anything yet.
I got 12 days to get it... >_>

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
girls have too many emotions at once. this is what causes them to seem like they have no emotions.

their whole existence is one big mindgame.
This made me laugh pretty hard. .
Do chicks ever have any emotion at all? I mean... She's like... Completely careless about everything, and over me, but at the same time she plays these little inside mindgames on me. Unless I'm just overreacting over her finding someone else, and thinking it's still about me... No idea.

I seriously need to get over this heartbreak. At least it hurts a lot less than it used too.
Every girl is different, but Depending on their maturity levels it's fair to assume things like if it's one of her first relationships she's prolly just gaining confidence by screwing you around. If she is mature and it's one of her first relationships, she probably wouldn't have moved on that fast, and if she did then something was wrong with the relationship and it wouldn't have lasted anyways.

I'm guessing your still a kid and that your hurting quite a bit. Honestly it doesn't get any easier, and future break ups still suck this bad. I would suggest letting it go. If it's just causing you pain, Let it go, if the reward for not letting it go is enough to mask the pain, Have fun while it lasts
?

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
I am studying law and have recently taken a negative disposition to it.. feel like I'm wasting my time now.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I can't stand Twilight... Really. Can't. Stand. Twilight. -_-
I was listening to a LP of Twilight princess, and when I read the word "twilight" ^ the guy said Twilight at the exact same time.
This has happened to me at least twice.

.____.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
This made me laugh pretty hard. .

Every girl is different, but Depending on their maturity levels it's fair to assume things like if it's one of her first relationships she's prolly just gaining confidence by screwing you around. If she is mature and it's one of her first relationships, she probably wouldn't have moved on that fast, and if she did then something was wrong with the relationship and it wouldn't have lasted anyways.

I'm guessing your still a kid and that your hurting quite a bit. Honestly it doesn't get any easier, and future break ups still suck this bad. I would suggest letting it go. If it's just causing you pain, Let it go, if the reward for not letting it go is enough to mask the pain, Have fun while it lasts
?
This is what i said! but not really, but sort of.

Sometimes chicks are oblivious to the fact that they are jerkin your face around like that as well. They sometimes don't see past their own problems and see the problems they are causing you as well (and, let's be honest, guys are guilty of this sometimes too). Yeah, what Cherry said. If it hurts, let it go. Letting go sucks, but you can look at hte finer points of being single (yes they exist!) and take advantage of the opprotunity.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful

It's not good to generalize at all. :( You shouldn't base all girls on one girl.

Same with guys. Not all guys use people for sex or only want sex.

I don't really know much about your situation from this paragraph?
It seems like your relationship ended. By mindgames what do you mean?

Honestly, some girls are flirty and do pull strings. Some girls are oblivious. Some girls don't even try to.

The best thing for you to do if you just got out of a relationship is to move on. If you feel like she's trying to talk to you and flirt with you what stops you from walking away?
Hang out with some friends, go out and have fun! You may meet some new people while you're at it. Heartbreaks aren't fun but in due time you'll get over it. You can still do things. Play loads of smash! That's why we're on these boards, right? It's better when you're surrounded by a community. Get a smash party going on. All in all, if you don't want to be around someone that hurts you then don't. You can move on, you can do it. Stop looking back and start walking ahead.

Edit: By the way. It's best to not generalize like I said again. You may miss out on some pretty cool female friends because of it.

A good portion of girls dislike Twilight. A good portion of guys enjoy Twilight. Heck, I was practically introduced to Twilight by both girls and boys. And the writing was horrible, admittedly and I could never read it. Just saying guys do things girl do and vice-versa.
It always hurt my feelings knowing that I can walk down a street and people see me as someone who uses people and only do things for myself or someone that sleeps around just because I'm a girl and that's not me at all...

pony of endless death

Smash Rookie
Just be a bro. Try and be his friend. I had this friend who was an absolute annoying douchebag who was just stuck up and annoying beyond belief. I didn't want to leave him all alone cause I felt sorry for him.

So whenever he would act like a douchebag I would just make fun of him and mock him in a playful way. He was really insecure, and when he started being able to laugh at himself, he stopped trying so hard and got a bit more comfortable in his skin.

Now he's my "bro." Lol he's still kind of weird, but he's definitely my friend now. Hope this helps. Idk about this guy though, I'd have to meet him to really know.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
A good portion of girls dislike Twilight. A good portion of guys enjoy Twilight. Heck, I was practically introduced to Twilight by both girls and boys. And the writing was horrible, admittedly and I could never read it. Just saying guys do things girl do and vice-versa.
It always hurt my feelings knowing that I can walk down a street and people see me as someone who uses people and only do things for myself or someone that sleeps around just because I'm a girl and that's not me at all...
TBH I have never read Twilight, and don't plan to, I just made a joke that's all.

Patinator

Smash Champion
...Alright, I'll succumb to this thread. I'll lay out what's causing a massive panic attack, I guess.

So... I've been in an online relationship with a lovely gal from New York for a few months. Honestly, we're about as in love as you can get on the internet.

We only can converse via email, unfortunately, so, y'know... reading emails from her is what gets me through the day, I suppose, until the day we can meet up and be more than over-the-internet lovers.

She has always got her phone with her, which is nowadays the main way she emails me. ...But I haven't gotten anything from her for about twelve hours. That doesn't seem like a lot, but it is when the gal's always, always has her phone...

I'm quite worried about her. Am I worried that she broke off our relationship abruptly? I am not. Then why am I worried? I'm worried that something bad happened to her.

There is absolutely nothing to stop me from thinking that my precious little valkyrie is laying in some ditch somewhere, throat slit and clothing missing or torn to pieces.

Perhaps I'm overreacting. Perhaps tomorrow I'll open up my mail and lo and behold, a loving message from her. But what if there isn't one? What in the hell would I do?

Of course- and I don't mean to stereotype, I suppose- it doesn't help that the poor girl lives in bloody New York.

There's my story. Laugh if you want, I don't give a ****. It helps, even if only a miniscule amount, to just get it out there.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
@Patinator

well, first thing you have to do is read your post and realize what you're saying.

IMO, you need to meet her before you "fall in love."
Calm down, she's probably fine. Just give her a break.

Now, everyone else------
when i read all the posts about Twilight, omg, I laughed the WHOLE time i read them. I mean it's so funny that Global Wolf insinuates the book is NOT TWILIGHT, yet everyone somehow managed to make the last 2 pages about Twilight.

LMAO

uh, Global, break it! What book did you read? Did i miss that post?

Twilight, eh, i could take it or leave it.

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
Ok so I just told my prom "date" that I don't want to go with her because I felt that I would just be holding her back from having a good time. She said that she didn't know that this bothered me so much even though I made it as obvious as the nose on my face. To me, it feels like she doesn't care that I'm not going with her and that she never really wanted to go with me.

Since I have no other options, should I go stag even though not all my friends are going or should I just stay home?

PsychopathicEmus

Smash Journeyman
Ok so I just told my prom "date" that I don't want to go with her because I felt that I would just be holding her back from having a good time. She said that she didn't know that this bothered me so much even though I made it as obvious as the nose on my face. To me, it feels like she doesn't care that I'm not going with her and that she never really wanted to go with me.

Since I have no other options, should I go stag even though not all my friends are going or should I just stay home?
no sense going if you're not gonna have a good time. that's gonna be your call right there. i went to prom cuz everybody was telling me that i HAD to go. i even went with a date and... had a horrible time. so when i look back on it now... 3 years later, i can honestly say that it wouldn't really have mattered whether or not i went. on that note, i wasn't the most connected person with my class soooo take everything i say with a grain of salt =). but if you really do want to go, then go. go for the sake of an intrinsic desire to go.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
It's not good to generalize at all. :( You shouldn't base all girls on one girl.

Same with guys. Not all guys use people for sex or only want sex.

I don't really know much about your situation from this paragraph?
It seems like your relationship ended. By mindgames what do you mean?

Honestly, some girls are flirty and do pull strings. Some girls are oblivious. Some girls don't even try to.

The best thing for you to do if you just got out of a relationship is to move on. If you feel like she's trying to talk to you and flirt with you what stops you from walking away?
Hang out with some friends, go out and have fun! You may meet some new people while you're at it. Heartbreaks aren't fun but in due time you'll get over it. You can still do things. Play loads of smash! That's why we're on these boards, right? It's better when you're surrounded by a community. Get a smash party going on. All in all, if you don't want to be around someone that hurts you then don't. You can move on, you can do it. Stop looking back and start walking ahead.

Edit: By the way. It's best to not generalize like I said again. You may miss out on some pretty cool female friends because of it.

First off, I hate Twilight. xD

Secondly, I'm not generalizing over one girl, I'm generalizing over the girl I currently love but don't want to love anymore, others' relationships, and every other girl I've ever dated (past experiences.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom