• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
...Alright, I'll succumb to this thread. I'll lay out what's causing a massive panic attack, I guess.

So... I've been in an online relationship with a lovely gal from New York for a few months. Honestly, we're about as in love as you can get on the internet.

We only can converse via email, unfortunately, so, y'know... reading emails from her is what gets me through the day, I suppose, until the day we can meet up and be more than over-the-internet lovers.

She has always got her phone with her, which is nowadays the main way she emails me. ...But I haven't gotten anything from her for about twelve hours. That doesn't seem like a lot, but it is when the gal's always, always has her phone...

I'm quite worried about her. Am I worried that she broke off our relationship abruptly? I am not. Then why am I worried? I'm worried that something bad happened to her.

There is absolutely nothing to stop me from thinking that my precious little valkyrie is laying in some ditch somewhere, throat slit and clothing missing or torn to pieces.

Perhaps I'm overreacting. Perhaps tomorrow I'll open up my mail and lo and behold, a loving message from her. But what if there isn't one? What in the hell would I do?

Of course- and I don't mean to stereotype, I suppose- it doesn't help that the poor girl lives in bloody New York.

There's my story. Laugh if you want, I don't give a ****. It helps, even if only a miniscule amount, to just get it out there.
Whoa! Yeah! Calm down. It's only been 12 hours. That's not even a full day. I'm sure she's fine. Yeah, she has her phone all the time with her but what if she left it? What if it broke? What if the battery died and no way to charge it? I highly doubt she died. Don't already automatically assume the worse. I say give it a week at least of no response before assuming that. Just wait a day or two. You are overreacting and there's no reason to be. 12 hours gone pass you don't need to think that.
You should give her some space. Did you send her a bunch of emails wondering where she's been? If you did that's not a good idea. Don't be clingy. Honestly, it'll harm the relationship. You being like this is harmful. Is this your first relationship? My advice to you is to just relax, wait, and have fun. Instead of freaking out every hour. It's not needed! Good luck!

Ok so I just told my prom "date" that I don't want to go with her because I felt that I would just be holding her back from having a good time. She said that she didn't know that this bothered me so much even though I made it as obvious as the nose on my face. To me, it feels like she doesn't care that I'm not going with her and that she never really wanted to go with me.

Since I have no other options, should I go stag even though not all my friends are going or should I just stay home?
Why does it feel like that she didn't want to go in the first place? Either way, I don't see why you would cancel your date. But remember it was you that cancelled it not her. It's not about "holding back" but to have fun and enjoy yourself around your date and the friends around you. But I guess it's too late.

Yeah! Go with friends. You still want to go, right? I went to prom with friends and I didn't have a date. I had fun seeing everyone, dancing, playing rock paper scissors. Just being overall goofy and enjoying myself. You don't need a date to have fun at all! And being surrounded by your friends just makes things so much more entertaining! (':

First off, I hate Twilight. xD

Secondly, I'm not generalizing over one girl, I'm generalizing over the girl I currently love but don't want to love anymore, others' relationships, and every other girl I've ever dated (past experiences.)
Okay then... However, you wish to not love anymore because of past experiences?

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Okay then... However, you wish to not love anymore because of past experiences?
I didn't say that, but it's hurtful when you only want one person in particular because you're unwillingly in love, have high standards to be met, feel as if nobody understands you, and can't find a girl worth trusting because of not being able to find a girl who understands you, doesn't match your standards, and every new girl that you meet and are willing to fall in love with plays the same illusion as the last.

cheeseball540

Smash Cadet
you know what bothers me, when i girl tricks you into freakin saying that you like them when you like someone else

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
I am studying law and have recently taken a negative disposition to it.. feel like I'm wasting my time now.
Meh. It's a little past that I think. It's probably something I'll just have to power through. In 3rd year now of 5. (doing a dual degree in business as well)

I shouldn't complain, as my alternative to law will be aided by my current studies anyway..

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
I agree. It's messed up... Just another reason why I shouldn't trust girls. They give off a false illusion.
I didn't say that, but it's hurtful when you only want one person in particular because you're unwillingly in love, have high standards to be met, feel as if nobody understands you, and can't find a girl worth trusting because of not being able to find a girl who understands you, doesn't match your standards, and every new girl that you meet and are willing to fall in love with plays the same illusion as the last.
I still don't know how that's not generalizing? XD;

It really hurts me and it's not nice. XD;

That's like saying all black people are extremely rude. Or all white people are selfish. Is it okay if I think that? That wouldn't hurt you would it? Oh. And I'm also going to think that all guys only use girls for sex. It's true, right? Every single one of you that post here only think about yourselves and sex. I'll never trust any of you guys because of that.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
I still don't know how that's not generalizing? XD;

It really hurts me and it's not nice. XD;

That's like saying all black people are extremely rude. Or all white people are selfish. Is it okay if I think that? That wouldn't hurt you would it? Oh. And I'm also going to think that all guys only use girls for sex. It's true, right? Every single one of you that post here only think about yourselves and sex. I'll never trust any of you guys because of that.
But see, there's a difference. I'm basing my opinion off of hurt and experiences I've had. The hurt is a different kind of hurt then your racism examples...

It seems that you've missed some of my last post as well. Try rereading it? :/

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
How does that make a difference?

I've gotten racism remakes from white people. Am I suppose suppose to assume all white people are racist? It's past experience, right.

Generalization is generalization no matter what.

How is the hurt any different? You're generalizing by assuming all girls are false based on past experience. It makes you look bad and you'll miss out on some amazing girls. Who said I never been used for sex before by males in the past? So it's okay for me to assume all males are sex addicts and could care less about any females at all and I should never trust any guy ever including those on Smashboards.

There was nothing to be missed. My point stands. All guys are sex addicts and have no heart.

cheeseball540

Smash Cadet
how does that make a difference?

I've gotten racism remakes from white people. Am i suppose suppose to assume all white people are racist? It's past experience, right.

How is the hurt any different? You're generalizing by assuming all girls are false based on past experience. It makes you look bad and you'll miss out on some amazing girls. Who said i never been used for sex before by males in the past? So it's okay for me to assume all males are sex addicts and could care less about any females at all and i should never trust any guy ever including those on smashboards.

There was nothing to be missed. My point stands. All guys are sex addicts and have no heart.
some guys have a heart like me you dont just assume that all guys are in it for sex cause you could be missing out just because you think this, and dont assume that all whites are racist cause im white an i got bestfriends that are black there mad cool

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
How does that make a difference?

I've gotten racism remakes from white people. Am I suppose suppose to assume all white people are racist? It's past experience, right.

How is the hurt any different? You're generalizing by assuming all girls are false based on past experience. It makes you look bad and you'll miss out on some amazing girls. Who said I never been used for sex before by males in the past? So it's okay for me to assume all males are sex addicts and could care less about any females at all and I should never trust any guy ever including those on Smashboards.

Well, the fact that they're on SWF makes no difference. I'm just simply saying that I'm extremely cautious. You interpreted my post incorrectly; the wrong way. It's kind of coincidental that every girl I've dated has turned out somewhat the same. Maybe I just can't find a girl that's serious about wanting a relationship, or has proven to me that she actually can be trustworthy.

Another thing that bothers me is the overuse of the word "love" because it's a strong and powerful word, yet people continue to toss it around as if it's nothing. They use it before they even know what love is, or know if they mean it or not. They mix it up with infatuation, and to me, it's extremely aggravating, seeing as the word means a lot to me and they don't even really mean the word.

some guys have a heart like me you dont just assume that all guys are in it for sex cause you could be missing out just because you think this, and dont assume that all whites are racist cause im white an i got bestfriends that are black there mad cool
You missed the point... Again... She was using it as an example. It doesn't mean she actually thinks it. Otherwise I'd be arguing, because I disagree with it. Not all guys are bad guys. They're stereotyped because of past experiences and other situations. She was proving a point, is all.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Exactly. Lol. Yeah. Like what Miami was saying. I was using it as an example. XP

Well, the fact that they're on SWF makes no difference. I'm just simply saying that I'm extremely cautious. You interpreted my post incorrectly; the wrong way. It's kind of coincidental that every girl I've dated has turned out somewhat the same. Maybe I just can't find a girl that's serious about wanting a relationship, or has proven to me that she actually can be trustworthy.

Another thing that bothers me is the overuse of the word "love" because it's a strong and powerful word, yet people continue to toss it around as if it's nothing. They use it before they even know what love is, or know if they mean it or not. They mix it up with infatuation, and to me, it's extremely aggravating, seeing as the word means a lot to me and they don't even really mean the word.
It doesn't. SWF are just full of the same 'ole cheating guys. :p I think you may just have worded it wrong. Instead of saying, "GIRLS are all mindgamers." Say, "The girls I'VE experienced with in the PAST are." Not ALL girls.
Then I can say, "All guys I've met were all sex addicts. But I've met guys that aren't."
You'll find the girl. But saying things like that isn't a good idea. Heck, what if the right girl was on Smashboards? She read your post and decided she'd never date you for being a generalizer. You just missed out on the best girl ever! All in all be careful. If you meant elsewise I suggest rewording your statement.

Also, the love thing is done by girls and guys? :p And I've seen guys flirt and pull strings, too. Heck. I use to like a Smasher guy I see at tournaments all the time but he just lead me on. He didn't care how I felt. Should I assume all smasher boys are like that? Nah! I've met some other great Smasher guy friends, too.
You should just focus on yourself instead of focusing on others. I mean not to be harsh, but who cares about what other people do? Do what you feel is right and what you feel in your heart. Cliche, I know. But hey it's pretty legit advice. I do and feel what I believe is right. If other people overuse the word love who says I have to do the same? I'm not them so I shouldn't be worried at all! Same goes with you!

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Anyone know why several threads in the PR have been moved? At least that's what it says...when I try and open them it says I don't have permission to do so.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
What's bothering me? Countries where the majority of people seem to do things that conflict with human nature willingly, even though they'll not get punished/have a high chance of not getting caught for if they break those rules.

Like how in Japan they have soft bans, or the kids don't touch ciggarette machines because they're not allowed to.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Yeah... well... ****.

My previous problem was irrelevent about five minutes after I posted that little rave, because I then got an email from her.

But now I've got something far, far worse on my hands.

Um, so... we got into our little email conversation again tonight, but... this time, she brought up something that really disturbed me.

She asked me if I'd "think less of her if I (she) tried weed."

...I'm very strongly anti-drug. Now, I didn't get mad- I got a bit terse, perhaps, but not explicitly mad. I told her that I'm not marrying a druggie.

It began as "I'm sorry, it was a stupid decision", etc... but... Oh, man...

I delved a bit deeper into the subject and asked her WHY. Well, one of her friends wants to try weed, and my gal doesn't want her to be alone. I guess I made her a bit mad when I told her to shy away from this friend if she couldn't persuade her away... She says marijuana isn't addictive and won't **** someone up if they do it once, but, well... I can't say I really believe her... And, well, then all of a sudden our email conversation stopped. I sent her something and never got anything back...

About twenty minutes later she says, "Or you could ignore me and we'll call it a night. Good night." ...At almost the same time, I sent a second email to see if she was still there, also asking "What if you do try it and you like it...?"

So I don't know, I think I just really, really need a hug. And some advice, I guess...

Now excuse me while I go... throw up...

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
For the past 3 months I've been randomly saying to myself, outloud,
"I'm ready to go home."
"Its time to go home."
"Man, I can't wait to be home."

Trouble is, most of the time when I'm saying these things, I'm in my house.

PsychopathicEmus

Smash Journeyman
Yeah... well... ****.

My previous problem was irrelevent about five minutes after I posted that little rave, because I then got an email from her.

But now I've got something far, far worse on my hands.

Um, so... we got into our little email conversation again tonight, but... this time, she brought up something that really disturbed me.

She asked me if I'd "think less of her if I (she) tried weed."

...I'm very strongly anti-drug. Now, I didn't get mad- I got a bit terse, perhaps, but not explicitly mad. I told her that I'm not marrying a druggie.

It began as "I'm sorry, it was a stupid decision", etc... but... Oh, man...

I delved a bit deeper into the subject and asked her WHY. Well, one of her friends wants to try weed, and my gal doesn't want her to be alone. I guess I made her a bit mad when I told her to shy away from this friend if she couldn't persuade her away... She says marijuana isn't addictive and won't **** someone up if they do it once, but, well... I can't say I really believe her... And, well, then all of a sudden our email conversation stopped. I sent her something and never got anything back...

About twenty minutes later she says, "Or you could ignore me and we'll call it a night. Good night." ...At almost the same time, I sent a second email to see if she was still there, also asking "What if you do try it and you like it...?"

So I don't know, I think I just really, really need a hug. And some advice, I guess...

Now excuse me while I go... throw up...
yo dude, i respect that your very strongly anti-drug (though i'm not), but uh... i don't think you should go telling her what to do (or not to do) with her friends. especially at this point... you guys are just emailing each other. if you guys were legit bf/gf and really knew each other really well (not to knock your relationship with her at this point), THEN maybe consider talking to her about what you feel is best for her. ultimately though, you gotta treat her as a peer. you may not agree with her decision to try weed, but at this point, you're not really in a position to talk about her friend. i'd say respect her and show her that you have faith in her ability to manage her own life (i'm hoping you have that faith). but yeah... i think an apology would help a lot in this case (whether or not you think one is due is up to you ><).

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
For the past 3 months I've been randomly saying to myself, outloud,
"I'm ready to go home."
"Its time to go home."
"Man, I can't wait to be home."

Trouble is, most of the time when I'm saying these things, I'm in my house.
Kinda eerie reading this. Mind is playing tricks on you.

Patinator

Smash Champion
yo dude, i respect that your very strongly anti-drug (though i'm not), but uh... i don't think you should go telling her what to do (or not to do) with her friends. especially at this point... you guys are just emailing each other. if you guys were legit bf/gf and really knew each other really well (not to knock your relationship with her at this point), THEN maybe consider talking to her about what you feel is best for her. ultimately though, you gotta treat her as a peer. you may not agree with her decision to try weed, but at this point, you're not really in a position to talk about her friend. i'd say respect her and show her that you have faith in her ability to manage her own life (i'm hoping you have that faith). but yeah... i think an apology would help a lot in this case (whether or not you think one is due is up to you ><).
I understand, and, after taking two hours to sob myself to sleep and only getting two and a half hours out of that, I agree. Now, when I say I'm anti-drug, I don't mean "GET THIS **** OUTTA MY COUNTRY :mad:"... I know this will sound selfish, but it's more a "Keep your **** to yourself and keep it away from my friends. Go ahead and damage your own brain since I don't care about you, but I won't let the people I care about do that."

Now, uh... As I speak, we're making up, and indeed, with apologies en masse from both parties. ^^; ...And I'll admit easily to going too far last night. I only meant to persuade her gently, but when you're shaking like a leaf in a tornado, about five seconds from ****ting yourself constantly, and have a heart racing faster than a mustang (Pardon the analogies- I'm a Southern boy)... Along with the general nerve-fraying day I had beforehand, well, yeah, it's pretty easy for this to happen: :mad:

...Now I'm laying out for her why I really don't want her to even get near that crap. It's going well, I guess. I'm being a lot calmer than yesterday... @_@

And the comment about our relationship being solely online, well... believe me, it's hard sometimes. But hey, it works for some people, and it looks like it's working for us. We've only got a bit longer before we can be together for real, anyway... ...But yeah, no hard feelings or nothing. I'm a tad insecure about it myself.

Thank you for your time and your reply, sir/madam... It's greatly appreciated.

(Note to the moderators: if this double posts, I'm sorry. But don't blame me for "INTERNET EXPLORER CANNOT DISPLAY THE WEB PAGE". >_>)

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I understand, and, after taking two hours to sob myself to sleep and only getting two and a half hours out of that, I agree. Now, when I say I'm anti-drug, I don't mean "GET THIS **** OUTTA MY COUNTRY :mad:"... I know this will sound selfish, but it's more a "Keep your **** to yourself and keep it away from my friends. Go ahead and damage your own brain since I don't care about you, but I won't let the people I care about do that."

Now, uh... As I speak, we're making up, and indeed, with apologies en masse from both parties. ^^; ...And I'll admit easily to going too far last night. I only meant to persuade her gently, but when you're shaking like a leaf in a tornado, about five seconds from ****ting yourself constantly, and have a heart racing faster than a mustang (Pardon the analogies- I'm a Southern boy)... Along with the general nerve-fraying day I had beforehand, well, yeah, it's pretty easy for this to happen: :mad:

...Now I'm laying out for her why I really don't want her to even get near that crap. It's going well, I guess. I'm being a lot calmer than yesterday... @_@

And the comment about our relationship being solely online, well... believe me, it's hard sometimes. But hey, it works for some people, and it looks like it's working for us. We've only got a bit longer before we can be together for real, anyway... ...But yeah, no hard feelings or nothing. I'm a tad insecure about it myself.

Thank you for your time and your reply, sir/madam... It's greatly appreciated.

(Note to the moderators: if this double posts, I'm sorry. But don't blame me for "INTERNET EXPLORER CANNOT DISPLAY THE WEB PAGE". >_>)
Experience has taught me that if she was thinking about doing it, then she's going to do it eventually.

It's only weed though, something that probably 70% of the world has smoked at some point.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Whether some %70 of the world does something or not, it doesn't make it any better.

Patinator, I respect you, man. I went through a similar conversation with my gf at one point. The thing that I see is that, if she respects you, she won't do it. If you're justified in your reasoning, which it seems like you are, then there should be no reason for her to not respect your opinion. Especially considering that she's not a big pothead already, it shouldn't be a big deal for her. That's the essence of a healthy relationship, in my opinion, being willing to give as well as take.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Whether some %70 of the world does something or not, it doesn't make it any better.

Patinator, I respect you, man. I went through a similar conversation with my gf at one point. The thing that I see is that, if she respects you, she won't do it. If you're justified in your reasoning, which it seems like you are, then there should be no reason for her to not respect your opinion. Especially considering that she's not a big pothead already, it shouldn't be a big deal for her. That's the essence of a healthy relationship, in my opinion, being willing to give as well as take.
Doesn't make it any worse either. It's pot, if it was like cocaine or something that's a different matter. Chances are she'll smoke it once or twice then get bored of it, not really worth making a big deal about.

Reizilla

And that's the kind of attitude that leads the world to what it is today. So, excuse me, but some people have higher standards and expectations in life. And, in fact, more people does make it worse because it becomes more accepted and commonplace and people lose sight of it. I'm not continuing the pot discussion because I'm just going to end up ranting and raging about all of the friends and lives that I've lost because of it.

Reizilla

And that's the kind of attitude that leads the world to what it is today. So, excuse me, but some people have higher standards and expectations in life. And, in fact, more people does make it worse because it becomes more accepted and commonplace and people lose sight of it. I'm not continuing the pot discussion because I'm just going to end up ranting and raging about all of the friends and lives that I've lost because of it.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I disagree, spouting misinformation about something is worse than being realistic, whether or not you agree with it. Better to be realistic about it rather than condemming it as pure evil and totally wrong.

Reizilla

No, I'll respect that it has it's few medicinal purposes. But I consider you take your own advice about not spouting misinformation.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Well... Now I understand the issue more.

I knew this before- the poor girl has a really ****ed up mother. But that's not the reason.

...She's not doing it because she wants to. Well, she's curious, but she promised me that she won't smoke it. The only way she'll get high is via secondhand smoke... The thing at hand is, her poor, poor friend is going to try smoking that **** sometime this summer, and, well... my gal won't let her do it alone. She won't be doing any smoking, but she'll end up a bit woozy from secondhand smoke.

Do I still have a problem with it? Hell yes. I hate, hate, hate drugs, even if marijuana isn't addicting. It's not worth it. Why bother getting brain damage for a few minutes of stupidity?

I wish she'd advise her friend otherwise, but apparently, it's all the poor girl's looking forward to (her friend, that is)... So, I'm not mad- I'm quite sad for my gal's friend, and simultaneously I'm scared for my gal...

My stomach's still kind of in knots, but it's... better. I'd just hate for the only girl I've ever felt anything other than friendship for to start dealing with drugs...

I thank you all for your comfort and advice, infinitely.

Reizilla

I would tell him that you can't necessarily GET brain damage because of it. But that there are much worse things that could happen as a result of it. And that you probably already have brain damage if you're foolish enough to try it. Hahaha

Patinator

Smash Champion
Well, I'm not too educated about marijuana, or anything. I don't need to be- if something can possibly hurt me, why should I deal with it?

...I did NOT intend to create such a big debate or anything about drugs, though.

Reizilla

And that's a great mentality to have. I respect you more, sir. However, with that mentality, I hope you don't eat meat or use alcohal, or that you come to find the dangers of those things and denounce the harm they cause as well.

Patinator

Smash Champion
And that's a great mentality to have. I respect you more, sir. However, with that mentality, I hope you don't eat meat or use alcohal, or that you come to find the dangers of those things and denounce the harm they cause as well.
...Well, thanks. It's not often I hear that. ^///^; But... well, there's a bit of a difference between a drug and meat, something that's naturally part of a human being's diet. You can't work off drugs. :/

And, uh... no, I'm too young for alcohol and I don't plan on touching that either. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom