• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Underload

Lazy
Sometimes I feel really lonely. When I'm with my friends I'm usually the odd man out. It's hard to meet guys and I'm boycotting girls right now because the're stupid. ;)

Yet, other times I'm not bothered by being single at all. I'm glad I can do whatever I want without worrying about someone else.
You shouldn't get caught up by any sort of love relationship. They really only serve to put the rest of your life out of perspective, from what I've seen.

The only other thing I can maybe say is, judging by what you've said, that you should actively try to be a bit more social with your friends, and even with people that you only consider to be acquaintances. Don't be afraid to get a bit out of what you consider your norm, everyone has to do that once in a while. :)

I want to get taller. What can I doooo
How old are you right now?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
It bothers me how people can be so easily angered.

I know I shouldn't dwell on it and I generally don't, but it's just frustrating. This frustration just gets me angry. So I need to stop getting frustrated. So I should stop dwelling on it. So I shall.

I love you all people.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I'm incredibly hungover and very sore from excessive wrestling at the party I was at last night.

One of those it doesn't hurt till your sober jobs.....

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Well last night was good.

I think I managed to get a guy to admit he's bi, we were both drinking and I subtley said "Are you bi?" and he never denied it. He like half-confirmed it.

global-wolf

Smash Champion
I want Paint Jump Art of Eyeshield 21 so badly! There's no scans of it on the internet and my mind goes back to it every five minutes ;_;

wow i must sound so spoiled

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Yesterday was crazy fun. Met The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus yesterday. haha. They were pretty cool, to be honest.

But something bothering me is that I can't find a job. :ohwell:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Could the reason some people are gay is because they are genetic chimera's of a male and female embryo and some part of their brain or reproductive organs are mixed subtly with that of a females?

Also why are people allowed to change gender legally when they aren't the gender they change to on a genetic level?

Mutilating sex organs =/= changing gender. Taking steroids just messes up your body and still =/= changing gender

Why aren't they allowed to change race?

There is a difference in DNA between men and woman but none between white and black

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Not really, there's no evidence to suggest that gay people share similar genes with the opposite sex, unlike hemaphrodites.

Smash Master
Could the reason some people are gay is because they are genetic chimera's of a male and female embryo and some part of their brain or reproductive organs are mixed subtly with that of a females?

Also why are people allowed to change gender legally when they aren't the gender they change to on a genetic level?

Mutilating sex organs =/= changing gender. Taking steroids just messes up your body and still =/= changing gender

Why aren't they allowed to change race?

There is a difference in DNA between men and woman but none between white and black
In a study of identical twins, it was found that if a given twin is homosexual, then there is a ~50% chance of the other twin being gay as well. http://www.boston.com/news/globe/magazine/articles/2005/08/14/what_makes_people_gay/ This leads me to believe that the cause is genetic and environmental. Personally, I think it was all the singing and dancing I did in church that turned me. I enjoy the irony.

Gender is not well defined. What makes having a different 23rd chromosome so special anyway? Why don't we consider people with three copies of chromosome 21 a different gender? What about XXY folks?

As far as legally changing gender, it increases utility. What do you care if someone born with male genitalia more closely identifies with others who are born with female genitalia? Restricting freedom with no benefit is really Christian.

If people wanted to change race, I'm sure people would be on pretty much the same side of the fence. I wouldn't have a problem with it.

One last point: if someone feels like they're in the wrong gender, there's probably some DNA behind that thinking.

Your post makes it sound like you think a gay guy is just a woman with a *****. I hope that's not the case. Chances are, someone you know is gay and you don't even know it. I know I'm a lot less ***gy than some of my straight friends.:laugh:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
In a study of identical twins, it was found that if a given twin is homosexual, then there is a ~50% chance of the other twin being gay as well. This leads me to believe that the cause is genetic and environmental. Personally, I think it was all the singing and dancing I did in church that turned me. I enjoy the irony.

Gender is not well defined. What makes having a different 23rd chromosome so special anyway? Why don't we consider people with three copies of chromosome 21 a different gender? What about XXY folks?

As far as legally changing gender, it increases utility. What do you care if someone born with male genitalia more closely identifies with others who are born with female genitalia? Restricting freedom with no benefit is really Christian.

If people wanted to change race, I'm sure people would be on pretty much the same side of the fence. I wouldn't have a problem with it.

One last point: if someone feels like they're in the wrong gender, there's probably some DNA behind that thinking.

Your post makes it sound like you think a gay guy is just a woman with a *****. I hope that's not the case. Chances are, someone you know is gay and you don't even know it. I know I'm a lot less ***gy than some of my straight friends.:laugh:
I was just about to post something similar, Numbers.

Thank you for beating me to the punch.

Smooth Criminal

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pretending to be a woman when you were born a man is something that a little kid would do.

Why don't you dress up as a princess and ride a unicorn in candyland while you are at it.

Smash Master
Pretending to like coke when your parents like pepsi is something a ****** would do.

Why not put on a football helmet and find a drool cup while you're at it?

Look, I'm sure there's some abnormality going on with you that one wouldn't suspect from your physical attributes. Maybe you're really tall, but you hate basketball. Maybe you aren't nerdy looking, but you like video games. Try to imagine what life would be like if, not only were you actively discouraged from pursuing your own desires, but people were actually campaigning to make it illegal for you to play video games or avoid the hardwood. How can you possibly justify something like that?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Brilliant.

But my post stands.

I don't mind gays but sex changers are just cowards that don't want to admit they are gay

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Pretending to be a woman when you were born a man is something that a little kid would do.

Why don't you dress up as a princess and ride a unicorn in candyland while you are at it.
Wow. Guess I should condemn you for being a presumptuous little prick as well? Since we're riding the assumption train and all.

Get that **** outta here, Psycho. Do your homework. With that bit on chimera-ism that you brought up, I'm sure you could have found case-studies explaining the dichotomy behind the gender dysphoria and come away a bit more enlightened.

Edit:

Brilliant.

But my post stands.

I don't mind gays but sex changers are just cowards that don't want to admit they are gay
You have to got be kidding me. I don't even think I need to launch into a tirade for this one.

Smooth Criminal

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If they are ****ed in the head, they are ****ed in the head.

Smash Master
Brilliant.

But my post stands.

Citation needed.

I don't consider hating the genitalia you're born with and seeking to fix the problem any more "****ed in the head" than hating your natural chest hair and shaving it. Can you explain the relevant difference? I think you're just trying to pigeonhole people into your own preconceived stereotypes so you feel justified in your bigotry and intolerance.

Edit: Given that people like you exist, I think it's pretty safe to say that openly transgendered people are not cowards.

Pikaville

Well I was gonna say something...but Smooth Criminal and 1048576 have it entirely covered.

Good work guys.

2222nd post woot

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Hair grows and falls out. *****es don't. And, for the record, there are plenty of people that are against the shaving of any hair at all, such as myself. Your point doesn't cut it. You have what you have. No point to change it. Everything in life is almost exclusively environmental. Not to say it's anyone's fault, but your not forced into it.

On another note, this is still a good venting thread, so I believe this talk should probably continue elsewhere, as I wouldn't want something to happen that gets this thread closed, as I use it some times as well.

Kurtz

Smash Rookie
Hair grows and falls out. *****es don't. And, for the record, there are plenty of people that are against the shaving of any hair at all, such as myself. Your point doesn't cut it. You have what you have. No point to change it. Everything in life is almost exclusively environmental. Not to say it's anyone's fault, but your not forced into it.

On another note, this is still a good venting thread, so I believe this talk should probably continue elsewhere, as I wouldn't want something to happen that gets this thread closed, as I use it some times as well.
If you have what you have, you should not change it.
People with cancer have cancer.
Therefore, cancer patients should refuse treatment.

Nice.

Reizilla

If you have what you have, you should not change it.
People with cancer have cancer.
Therefore, cancer patients should refuse treatment.

Nice.
The obvious topic is what you are born with. But good job taking me out of context. And yes, I know of many people that are born cripple, etc., doesn't make them any less of a person. As long as you can function for life... no sense in drastically changing what you are born with, even minimally in most cases.

Kurtz

Smash Rookie
The obvious topic is what you are born with. But good job taking me out of context. And yes, I know of many people that are born cripple, etc., doesn't make them any less of a person. As long as you can function for life... no sense in drastically changing what you are born with, even minimally in most cases.
Whoa. Way to bite the "crippled for life" bullet. Good luck getting anyone to agree with you, though.

As for "taking you out of context": You said that "You have what you have. No point to change it." I think the conditions I supplied constitute a counterexample to your claim, that is, a case where you "have what you have," (when do you not have what you have, I wonder?) and there is in fact a "point to change it."

Also, you are not born with chest hair.

Maybe.

Reizilla

Whoa. Way to bite the "crippled for life" bullet. Good luck getting anyone to agree with you, though.

As for "taking you out of context": You said that "You have what you have. No point to change it." I think the conditions I supplied constitute a counterexample to your claim, that is, a case where you "have what you have," (when do you not have what you have, I wonder?) and there is in fact a "point to change it."

Also, you are not born with chest hair.

Maybe.
By the crippled for life thing, I mean I have friends that live healthy, happy lives. And if they can, there's no reason someone that's "fully functional" can't.

Excuse me for not specifying that I was speaking of the topic that was clearly at hand. I think we all know what the subject is now. Thank you.

I'm almost certain it's always there, in some small form.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Oh, you.

Anyways, I'm taking the test on Monday because the test got pushed back due to some unexpected assembly. I spent last night with a friend who was helping me see the problems in a different way and I'm starting to get it all now.

You're right that I normally excel. Up until this year, math has never been a problem. I never had to worry about studying. This year I'm starting to slip, and it's bothering me since I usually perform very well. And since I'm known for having that reputation, it really bothers me when I get a mark that's below my average. I've already failed a quiz on this stuff, and seeing all the red ink made part of my soul die. :urg:

Today wasn't as hellish as I'd anticipated. My US History Teacher was absent, so I didn't have that test today. AP was delayed because half the class was missing on account of a field trip and even more were gone because of a County Track meet. I only took the Chem test today, which wasn't a problem at all, since Science still comes naturally to me, so I love it.

Stop lurking around and stalking me, creep. :mad:
The day I stop lurking is the day I stop procrastinating.

Glad to hear everything is turning out well though. ^.^

:005:

Kurtz

Smash Rookie
By the crippled for life thing, I mean I have friends that live healthy, happy lives. And if they can, there's no reason someone that's "fully functional" can't.

Excuse me for not specifying that I was speaking of the topic that was clearly at hand. I think we all know what the subject is now. Thank you.

I'm almost certain it's always there, in some small form.
Thanks for clarifying on the "crippled for life thing". I misunderstood you. But I still think your argument doesn't fly, even in the context you thought you had.

As far as I can tell, the most recent version of your argument says (very loosely):
People who are physically crippled from birth can lead full, happy lives.
If someone who is crippled from birth can lead a full, happy life, then so too can everyone who is "fully functional".
Therefore, someone who is "fully functional" does not need to change anything they were born with to lead a full and happy life.

The people you were responding to with your original post were trying to argue that if someone wants to change his or her body, he or she should be able to. You're arguing that no one needs to change anything about his or her body to be happy (or as you would have it, anything about their bodies that was there when they were born).

I don't think those positions are incompatible, and for that reason, you haven't given me any reason to reject their position, even if your conclusion were true. I don't need to respond to your argument to accept theirs, because you never challenged their conclusion to begin with.

Were this discussion to continue, I'm pretty sure your next move has to be either demonstrating why your conclusion makes theirs invalid, or demonstrating why I am wrong about what your conclusion is. But you said you didn't want the thread to get locked, so maybe we should drop it. I'm okay with that.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Wow Kurtz, chill out =/

Why are you guys even arguing? Seriously.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
So I have this birthmark looking thing on my foot and Idk if it's just a birthmark or a disease...

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I literally haven't had a meaningful conversation with a girl in over a year. Since I started college, I have like, 2 or 3 girl friends, but I'm not attracted to them or anything like that, we're just friends. I've only had one girlfriend, which was over a year ago, and it was only for 2 weeks. I have a bunch of friends, but I still feel so lonely. To make matters worse, I realized I still like a girl I had a crush on in high school, but she's going to school in Ohio, and my only means of talking to her is Facebook. It wouldn't be that big of a deal to talk to her, but I haven't since my sophomore year of high school, and I'm a freshman in college now, so I have no idea what to say to her. I'm so terrible with women, I hate myself for it.

Smash Master
On topic: stupid people bother me. Like they really get to me way more than they seem to annoy other people. I honestly find myself wanting to kill them on the spot sometimes.

The prevailing argument against hating dumb people is that each person is capable of keeping to themselves, so it really shouldn't affect me that my neighbor thinks the world is 6000 years old without observing any evidence to validate that hypothesis. The problem is that everyone gets a vote, and my freedoms are directly being taken away by people who can't conceive of simple concepts like unfalsifiability and the scientific method, wholly because of this incapacity.

Really, there's no good reason to hate LGBT folk to the point that you would deny them spousal benefits. None. This isn't a moral controversy. It's not abortion. It's not the environment. This is the equivalent of lining up the guy who says that Jews are the root of all evil and should be persecuted vs. the guy who says "uh, no." and treating them like their arguments have equal grounds. Yeah, I just Godwin'd. Sue me. This wouldn't happen if the world weren't so chock full of idiots.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
On topic: stupid people bother me. Like they really get to me way more than they seem to annoy other people. I honestly find myself wanting to kill them on the spot sometimes.

The prevailing argument against hating dumb people is that each person is capable of keeping to themselves, so it really shouldn't affect me that my neighbor thinks the world is 6000 years old without observing any evidence to validate that hypothesis. The problem is that everyone gets a vote, and my freedoms are directly being taken away by people who can't conceive of simple concepts like unfalsifiability and the scientific method, wholly because of this incapacity.

Really, there's no good reason to hate LGBT folk to the point that you would deny them spousal benefits. None. This isn't a moral controversy. It's not abortion. It's not the environment. This is the equivalent of lining up the guy who says that Jews are the root of all evil and should be persecuted vs. the guy who says "uh, no." and treating them like their arguments have equal grounds. Yeah, I just Godwin'd. Sue me. This wouldn't happen if the world weren't so chock full of idiots.
This is why we invented alcohol.

Pikaville

After talking extensively with Pluvia about this I decided to tell you guys something.

I'm bisexual and literally no one I interact with in real life knows.Plus I'm **** scared to tell any of my friends/family because I know things will never be the same.

I mean so many people will probably talk **** behind your back and will probably treat you differently.
I can't deal with people treating me differently or thinking less of me because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom