• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash Master
1048576 what do you do to relax? Do you ever drink at the weekend with friends or something?

And CRASHiC you only get $1.93 an hour?? Over here the minimum wage, converted into dollars, is $9 an hour.
Sleep, Smash, and basketball; but then those activities end and I realize that I have an overwhelming assload of **** to accomplish if I want to become a self-sufficient adult.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Sleep, Smash, and basketball; but then those activities end and I realize that I have an overwhelming assload of **** to accomplish if I want to become a self-sufficient adult.
What's the rush? You want kids/bills/debts so bad, anyone can have that stuff. Patience can get you to where you need to be. Balitmore muiscan Dan Deacon preformed over 300 concerts last year, released an album that sold respectably well, and owns a theather group called Wham City. He JUST got his driver license, just today, literally.

Even bigger story, Natasha Khan, stage name Bat For Lashes, lived with her mother until the age of 27. Now, she's a British Pop Star, with more money and experiences in the world than most people get their entire life.

Adulthood isn't something you want to rush into. Take it slow and easy.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
What's the rush? You want kids/bills/debts so bad, anyone can have that stuff. Patience can get you to where you need to be. Balitmore muiscan Dan Deacon preformed over 300 concerts last year, released an album that sold respectably well, and owns a theather group called Wham City. He JUST got his driver license, just today, literally.

Even bigger story, Natasha Khan, stage name Bat For Lashes, lived with her mother until the age of 27. Now, she's a British Pop Star, with more money and experiences in the world than most people get their entire life.

What I got out of it was... All these things PLUS things like... Working, payments on things such as insurance, cell phone bills, etc., as well as college and financing preparation for college along with sporting events, and still managing to have time to himself for gaming and hanging out. xD

Smash Master

The rush is that my parents aren't going to coddle me forever.
I'm going as fast as I can and I'm still missing most of my assignment deadlines. How is going slower going to accomplish anything?

I have an exam in two hours. I've been studying for 47 of the last 48 hours, not counting eating and snippets of time on the Internet. I can't do any of the practice exercises and there's nobody to turn to for assistance. It's pretty much hopeless. I feel like this exam represents a microcosm of my life. No matter what I do - no matter how hard I try, the result is always the same, and it's always failure.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I've been trying to practice simplifying and factoring trigonometric identities for nearly 2 days now, and I'm not getting any better at it. I have a test on it tomorrow, and it's the first grade of the final quarter. I don't want to start it off with an F. What's worse, is that none of my friends are being ANY help to me at all. And if I have nobody to point out what I'm doing wrong, then I won't learn and realize what to do. So I'm stuck here, trying to work as hard as I can, yet accomplishing nothing. I was up until around 3 in the morning last night trying to work, and I ended up falling asleep on the floor surrounded by papers with equations all over them and an open text book.

Add this on top of a US History test tomorrow, a Chemistry test tomorrow, and a European History test tomorrow, and I'm stressing out like hell. I've barely been able to eat anything for the past 32 hours. I'm exhausted, stressed, angry, and feeling slightly sick to my stomach.

tl;dr: I'm gonna fail Math and it's stressing me out and making me feel like ****.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
im wondering if that idea about school threads might happen, bc i got some questions, not to mention venting, on school.

i go to a comm coll and i swear my teacher is making psych so difficult.

i just got my music test back and made a 78%!!!!!! i felt so confident after that test...

blah blah, i could go on.

but now im interested in finding about that school thread.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Why can women say extremely sexist anti-male things and nobody bats an eyelid???

Doesn't this bother people???
The same reason a woman makes less than the average man in the work place, sexism. Both sexes have their suffering, the only difference is that woman have baggage left over from societies long past, referred to as the "angel in the house."

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I've been trying to practice simplifying and factoring trigonometric identities for nearly 2 days now, and I'm not getting any better at it. I have a test on it tomorrow, and it's the first grade of the final quarter. I don't want to start it off with an F. What's worse, is that none of my friends are being ANY help to me at all. And if I have nobody to point out what I'm doing wrong, then I won't learn and realize what to do. So I'm stuck here, trying to work as hard as I can, yet accomplishing nothing. I was up until around 3 in the morning last night trying to work, and I ended up falling asleep on the floor surrounded by papers with equations all over them and an open text book.

Add this on top of a US History test tomorrow, a Chemistry test tomorrow, and a European History test tomorrow, and I'm stressing out like hell. I've barely been able to eat anything for the past 32 hours. I'm exhausted, stressed, angry, and feeling slightly sick to my stomach.

tl;dr: I'm gonna fail Math and it's stressing me out and making me feel like ****.
It's like I'm looking a week into my future. =S It doesn't help that I never had any difficulty with math in high school, and it just stopped coming so easily to me now that I'm taking it in university. I think that for me, it's mainly because it's a first year calculus course, and since I took calculus in high school, I see no point in putting effort into doing everything over again. Yet, there are so many little things we just kinda ignored in high school (i.e. working with logarithms), as well at the fact that we didn't really do any proofs, and it's screwing me over. I don't want to get a bad mark, but I can't focus on it long enough to do anything about it because I get bored with it so quickly. >.<

Back to your problem; I presume you're still in high school? If trigonomric identities is the only unit you've struggled with, don't beat yourself up over it. The biggest thing I remember about that unit is the fact that it requires a very different thinking process than anything else I had ever done in math before; I recall comparing it to solving puzzles, because it isn't so much about knowing how to work with the variables in different situations as it is about using the identities in creative ways to get it to where you want it to go. I have no trouble imagining somebody struggling with that kind of work even if they do well everywhere else. Even if you do fail this test, it'll most likely be an isolated incident.

Get plenty of sleep. If your studying time has been as unproductive as you say it's been, you'll only hurt your performance by staying up to try and cram more. Coming into a test well-rested is very valuable, especially with the kind of work you'll be doing. Also, keep in mind that these tests seem like a much bigger deal now than they will be down the road, especially if my assumption that you're a high-schooler is correct. Just do the best you can and go from there.

...As you probably noticed, I also made the assumption that you normally excel in school. This is partially because your situation sounds very familiar to me, but mostly because I do a lot of lurking and saw your post in some other thread saying that you're the guy who becomes very popular right before tests. =P

:005:

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Sometimes I feel really lonely. When I'm with my friends I'm usually the odd man out. It's hard to meet guys and I'm boycotting girls right now because the're stupid. ;)

Yet, other times I'm not bothered by being single at all. I'm glad I can do whatever I want without worrying about someone else.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
It's alright lol
I'll let relationships happen when they happen. I'm not about to actively look for one.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Thats the best way to go about it imo. You find those who are closest to you are the once you didnt force yourself ti find (if that makes sense)

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
The same reason a woman makes less than the average man in the work place, sexism. Both sexes have their suffering, the only difference is that woman have baggage left over from societies long past, referred to as the "angel in the house."
Though listening to some feminists you basically hear that there's no need for men at all. We're just selfish, sperm carrying, lazy, stupid cannon fodder that only thinks about sex. And we like to kill things too you know, because all men are murderers. We're not even allowed to sit beside unacompanied children on a plane either. And a single mother can easily do everything a father can too, who needs dads in the house, they don't do anything.

What really annoys me about this is nobody argues against them when they say things like this.

Wtf, seriously wtf.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
No one you know will argue against it, because they aren't smart or independntly minded enough too. Put me in your class when they start as spousing that bull ****, and I'll take care of it.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Man, what the **** is wrong with me. It's exam week and I'm just being so lazy. I wasted my week away when I should have buried my head in the books. Posting in a freakin' Pool Room topic is evidence enough of this. I need to wake the **** up.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Though listening to some feminists you basically hear that there's no need for men at all. We're just selfish, sperm carrying, lazy, stupid cannon fodder that only thinks about sex. And we like to kill things too you know, because all men are murderers. We're not even allowed to sit beside unacompanied children on a plane either. And a single mother can easily do everything a father can too, who needs dads in the house, they don't do anything.

What really annoys me about this is nobody argues against them when they say things like this.

Wtf, seriously wtf.
This is because everybody knows they are just fooling themselves, so we let them believe what they want, so long as they keep making us fud and giving us teh secks.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord

Wtf, seriously wtf.
As true as this is, if we try defending ourselves, it makes them viewable as if they're right because of how offended we seem to be. Yes it bothers me, and it's not true (obviously), but it's a no win situation in our cases.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Amazing advice from another Yoshi.

:005:
Oh, you.

Anyways, I'm taking the test on Monday because the test got pushed back due to some unexpected assembly. I spent last night with a friend who was helping me see the problems in a different way and I'm starting to get it all now.

You're right that I normally excel. Up until this year, math has never been a problem. I never had to worry about studying. This year I'm starting to slip, and it's bothering me since I usually perform very well. And since I'm known for having that reputation, it really bothers me when I get a mark that's below my average. I've already failed a quiz on this stuff, and seeing all the red ink made part of my soul die. :urg:

Today wasn't as hellish as I'd anticipated. My US History Teacher was absent, so I didn't have that test today. AP was delayed because half the class was missing on account of a field trip and even more were gone because of a County Track meet. I only took the Chem test today, which wasn't a problem at all, since Science still comes naturally to me, so I love it.

Stop lurking around and stalking me, creep. :mad:

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
As true as this is, if we try defending ourselves, it makes them viewable as if they're right because of how offended we seem to be. Yes it bothers me, and it's not true (obviously), but it's a no win situation in our cases.
It's not a no win situation, you just flounce their arguments and voila.

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
Well...an ex-girlfriend with whom I'm still fairly good friends found out she was pregnant yesterday (not because of me, if you thought that's where I was going with that), and it's really just been bothering me all day to know that happened to her. I absolutely can't stand it and lose a lot of respect for people when they accidentally get pregnant because they're just too freaking lazy to put a condom on or use the pill or something, no matter who they are. To me, they're some of the biggest idiots on the planet. Then pile on top the fact that my friend let it happen at 15. For all this to happen to someone whom I know so well...my disappointment in her has just been making me feel not-too-well all day.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Well...an ex-girlfriend with whom I'm still fairly good friends found out she was pregnant yesterday (not because of me, if you thought that's where I was going with that), and it's really just been bothering me all day to know that happened to her. I absolutely can't stand it and lose a lot of respect for people when they accidentally get pregnant because they're just too freaking lazy to put a condom on or use the pill or something, no matter who they are. To me, they're some of the biggest idiots on the planet. Then pile on top the fact that my friend let it happen at 15. For all this to happen to someone whom I know so well...my disappointment in her has just been making me feel not-too-well all day.
Support her. Imagine how she must be feeling.

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
Support her. Imagine how she must be feeling.
Wow, I just realized that makes me look kinda selfish. Woops....it *was* bothering me though....anyway...

Anyway, of course I'll try to do what I can for her. It's not like I would ever consider not doing that for her, no matter what happened.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
This is because everybody knows they are just fooling themselves, so we let them believe what they want, so long as they keep making us fud and giving us teh secks.
You incredible hero.....I don't know why but this made me laugh a lot.

I think it was the way you said "fud" and " teh secks"

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Internet still capped, so slow!! :mad: Doesn't help with this MLG stuff popping up.

I want to get taller. What can I doooo
Sleep at least 7 hours, eat well, exercise a lot and do extreme stretches. There's not much you can do, body will grow when it wants to.

jber4life

Smash Apprentice
LAST CLASS BASH!!!!!! I love it when Uni ends for the year. But, i hate dealing with getting a job and working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom