• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Underload

Lazy
I was being serious, but I think the way I posted / you read my post created some confusion.

See, in my head, I compared my musical tastes to yours. Right now I'm listening to Arcade Fire, and over the past few days I've been dabbling in everything from local Coloradan indie rock, to Kanye West, to Of Montreal. Of Montreal is minimally popular, Kanye is very well known for his new stuff (but not for his older work, which is what I like more), and the CO indie band (Flashbulb Fires) is pretty much unknown.

And now I look at what you said, about hating American music & everything that gets airtime, and at the same time loving video game music / DnB. To me, it just kind of shows the contrasting tastes two individuals can have.

I totally have an itch to listen to some video game music, though. MGS3 / Pokemon mostly... should I scratch the itch?

Xianglian

Smash Journeyman
"Downfall?"

Since when was preference a fatal flaw?

Smooth Criminal
For starters, it shows how close-minded a person is. Maybe i put that a little bluntly. Let me clear it up:

For instance, if a person says they hate Metal, and has heard maybe a few metal bands, that just shows how close minded that person is because there are specific genres in metal and metal in generalized. grindcore is a type of metal, yet people don't associate it with metal because they know not of it's beginnings. Downfall of humanity: Ignorant Assumptions, and Generalizations. I'm not talking about a person's preference, but opening up a person's mind to other music shows flexibility in a person's mind.

(this is just my opinion :))

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
i absolutely love the Dr. Robotniks mean bean machine theme
Oh my god that tune is epic.Infinite high fives for that one.

I tried to learn it on guitar once......and failed as there are no tabs available.:(

Everyone should listen it's epic.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZpb1IhPgpY

I seriously think that would be sick to nail on guitar.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I finally went to Rachaels. Her boyfriend, or ex boyfriend or something, doesn't like me going hanging around with her. I just said tell him I'm gay so he'll leave us alone, she just laughed and said she doubts he'd believe that.

Nobody has the faintest idea about me, but to be honest I don't know what I am. I know I'm attracted to her.

Pikaville

I finally went to Rachaels. Her boyfriend, or ex boyfriend or something, doesn't like me going hanging around with her. I just said tell him I'm gay so he'll leave us alone, she just laughed and said she doubts he'd believe that.

Nobody has the faintest idea about me, but to be honest I don't know what I am. I know I'm attracted to her.
As in you don't know if your gay or straight?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
But you can tell if you are attracted to women or men? I mean, sure you can like someone... But you'll know if you'd be sexually attracted to them. I mean, just try to picture the same sex naked. You can't. xD [or you can, maybe :3 ]

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No, definetly nothing wrong witht that. : D What I meant was that we at times can confuse the part where we like the person and the part where we might be sexually attracted to that person. :3

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Today just pissed me off. My government teacher teaches us HIS beliefs and annoys me like none other. Then, as i was coming home, i was stuck at a light for 10 minutes because the person at the front of the line of cars didnt move up enough, so the sensor thing didnt pick up on that. At least 2 cycles of traffic went by with everyone sitting there angrily as the person LITERALLY inched themselves forwards for 10 minutes.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
For starters, it shows how close-minded a person is. Maybe i put that a little bluntly. Let me clear it up:

For instance, if a person says they hate Metal, and has heard maybe a few metal bands, that just shows how close minded that person is because there are specific genres in metal and metal in generalized. grindcore is a type of metal, yet people don't associate it with metal because they know not of it's beginnings. Downfall of humanity: Ignorant Assumptions, and Generalizations. I'm not talking about a person's preference, but opening up a person's mind to other music shows flexibility in a person's mind.

(this is just my opinion :))
It's not a very good opinion. Musical preference does not denote how close-minded a person is. It's a "ignorant assumption" and a "generalization" in and of itself to think along those lines.

There's way more to people than that.

Smooth Criminal

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
But you can tell if you are attracted to women or men? I mean, sure you can like someone... But you'll know if you'd be sexually attracted to them. I mean, just try to picture the same sex naked. You can't. xD [or you can, maybe :3 ]
He could be Bi. Nothing wrong with that.
No, definetly nothing wrong witht that. : D What I meant was that we at times can confuse the part where we like the person and the part where we might be sexually attracted to that person. :3
Wow, I never expected so much responses. Maybe I should elaborate.

About 4 years ago I came to the conclusion I was bi. It wasn't a difficult conclusion, I was actually quite pleased I could admire both sexes and not have to pretend I like girls. Luckily I'm not camp either so nobody has any clue. I've told 3 people, 1 that I dated for 2 and a half years, and they all said they'd never have guessed. One girl who I constantly flirt with was so shocked she was speechless for a while. Anyway most people interprate the word 'bi' for 'closeted gay' but that didn't bother me as I knew I wasn't gay.

Right, blahblahblah skip to the present, I've noticed recently that I've become rather bored of women. This usually happens with both sexes but there's that niggling doubt that maybe I am gay but somehow convinced myself that I wasn't. But then again maybe I'm just being paranoid and just happen to like guys slightly more at the moment. I went over to super hot Rachaels house on monday and we were the only 2 in her house for the entire day but I just wanted to watch Lost with her. She even had a shower and walked out wearing nothing but a towel and I didn't even bat an eyelid, whereas I've previously spent hours just constantly thinking about her.

Pikaville

Wow, I never expected so much responses. Maybe I should elaborate.

About 4 years ago I came to the conclusion I was bi. It wasn't a difficult conclusion, I was actually quite pleased I could admire both sexes and not have to pretend I like girls. Luckily I'm not camp either so nobody has any clue. I've told 3 people, 1 that I dated for 2 and a half years, and they all said they'd never have guessed. One girl who I constantly flirt with was so shocked she was speechless for a while. Anyway most people interprate the word 'bi' for 'closeted gay' but that didn't bother me as I knew I wasn't gay.

Right, blahblahblah skip to the present, I've noticed recently that I've become rather bored of women. This usually happens with both sexes but there's that niggling doubt that maybe I am gay but somehow convinced myself that I wasn't. But then again maybe I'm just being paranoid and just happen to like guys slightly more at the moment. I went over to super hot Rachaels house on monday and we were the only 2 in her house for the entire day but I just wanted to watch Lost with her. She even had a shower and walked out wearing nothing but a towel and I didn't even bat an eyelid, whereas I've previously spent hours just constantly thinking about her.
Maybe it's just a boredom thing.What I mean is,because you are attracted to both sexes.You would get something different you crave from each of them.I don't know your situation but I'd say....If you've been mainly dating girls and with some guy action on the side.Leave the women alone for a while and try just dating or seeing guys.After a while you might find out what you want.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I have a midterm in 8 hours I have not even started to study for yet. I clicked on the link for examples of past midterms to get an idea of what to expect, but I keep getting "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".

Laaaaaaaaaaame.

:005:

Nicolette

Smash Apprentice
One of the cats p*ssed on our f**king bed this morning, settled herself right between my other half's legs, let flow onto our brand new matress then shook p*ss all over the bedding, the walls and my new laptop!

Then she went and sh*t at the bottom of the stairs

Dirty sket

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Sorry Nicolette, but I laughed like, really hard at that. It was more at the way you described it all that got me xD

But god, that's a huge reason as to why I hate pets. I'd be raging if my cat did that to me =/

EDIT: I stopped letting my cats into my room a couple months ago. Yeah it's annoying having to shut my door every time I enter and leave my room, but at least I can leave the house knowing that my cats won't **** with my stuff, which they used to, all the time.....

Smash Master
Everything is too hard all the time.

I've been putting up a facade for the last few years or so, and all my friends I've made since then think I'm a happy-go-lucky slacker. The real me wouldn't have any friends (demonstrated by experiment,) but it's frustrating having nobody to turn to when the daily overload of stress occurs.

I'm also failing half my classes and I know that I can't possibly try any harder to succeed without sacrificing my performance in another class. I've exhausted all my spare time to no avail.

I wish I was dead, but I know that won't happen until the heart attack I get when I'm 30, because suicide is another one of those things that's too hard. I've tried various overdoses and toxins, but I eventually just violently throw up and feel nauseous for a few weeks. I've tried helium, but I freaked out when my vision got so blurry I couldn't see right in front of my own face. I could imagine somehow surviving and then being blind forever. It's also a little scary that I could hear my own heart beat, like my heart was going to explode painfully or something. I don't want to try blunt force trauma, because life sucks now, but life without three limbs would suck even worse. I guess I'm not quite motivated enough yet to go through the process of buying a gun and smuggling it on campus along with the bullets.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
One of the cats p*ssed on our f**king bed this morning, settled herself right between my other half's legs, let flow onto our brand new matress then shook p*ss all over the bedding, the walls and my new laptop!

Then she went and sh*t at the bottom of the stairs

Dirty sket
I was sitting with my new puppy, in a rocking chair. Yeah, I love rocking chairs. Anyways, He was sooo cute, and I had him in my arms. Then, I felt something warm on my pants. xDDDDDDD

He peed on meeeeeee. LOL I would pick him up thereafter but never put him on my lap. I miss him. : [

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Maybe it's just a boredom thing.What I mean is,because you are attracted to both sexes.You would get something different you crave from each of them.I don't know your situation but I'd say....If you've been mainly dating girls and with some guy action on the side.Leave the women alone for a while and try just dating or seeing guys.After a while you might find out what you want.
Never done anything with a guy, small town, everybody would find out.

I went to her house tonight again, I can easily flirt with her. Her controlling ex boyfriend was constantly texting her to make sure we weren't at, so I said we should just go at it again to really wind him up. Though I still can't tell what I'm feeling for her, I'm also slightly drunk. Luckily I don't have work tomorow.

Pikaville

Never done anything with a guy, small town, everybody would find out.

I went to her house tonight again, I can easily flirt with her. Her controlling ex boyfriend was constantly texting her to make sure we weren't at, so I said we should just go at it again to really wind him up. Though I still can't tell what I'm feeling for her, I'm also slightly drunk. Luckily I don't have work tomorow.
That's weird,would you like to get with a guy?
I imagine that the wanting if you've never been with one fairly frustrating.(if that is what you want that is.)

Also to 1048576.(Weird I always remember your usernames numbers)

I felt like you once.I wanted to kill myself just because I hated life in general really.

But I talked about how I felt to friends.It was amazing the insight and support they showed.

Dude please just think about what your doing and maybe talk to your friends.There is light around every shady corner.Just start focusing on the things in life you love/love to do.

Smash Master
If I talk seriously to my friends they'll stop being my friends. I tried that with the last batch of friends. Also, their advice was pretty useless, since they didn't offer any concrete actions for me to take. They just kept saying they didn't know what they would do in my situation either.

As far as focusing on what I like to do... see here's the thing, up until now I've been treating life like an investment. If I push myself really hard now, I'll be able to have a ton of videogames later. Perhaps you're right. It's time to give up on the idea of ever living comfortably enough to be able to play videogames. Instead of trying and failing in school, I should just not try and fail in school. At least then I'll get to play more videogames until I eventually wind up in a homeless shelter and unable to do the things I enjoy at all. I mean, that's going to happen eventually anyway. So **** c++ homework, **** this EIN quiz/homework/project, **** databases, screw my semester project of building a parser, and I'm just going to chill on my pc and play tower defense games all day.

I'll probably need pills to convinve myself I'm doing the right thing, at least for a while.

It still seems like life is going to be pure misery tomorrow, if not today, under this plan.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Maybe computer science just isn't for you. It doesn't seem like you enjoy it that much either. Perhaps change your major to something that comes a bit easier to you? Even if it's not your favorite thing in the world, it could take a lot of stress off and help your mindset a bit.

Smash Master
Maybe I should have changed. It's my 6th semester so it's way too late now. Either way, I have no "talents" as it were, so changing my major to something easier for me would mean changing it to something that's just plain easier, such that people who could perform the tasks required in that major would come a dime a dozen. You know the ones: business, sociology, basically everything in my school not in the engineering department.

I was software engineering but I had to change to comp sci when I failed Circuits 1. Class average was a 67, and I was bottom 50th percentile.

cutter

Smash Champion
I hate how every day I actually think about what's happening, I keep linking America today with ancient Rome... how we're repeating history and how we're following the same path to our eventual downfall.

I can't help but continuously keep making connections between the two civilizations all the time; growing imbalance in wealth, inflation, massive influence over the rest of the world, corrupt politicians, and so on. Am I not the only one that sees the U.S. right now as the second coming of Rome, or am I just going crazy?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Maybe I should have changed. It's my 6th semester so it's way too late now. Either way, I have no "talents" as it were, so changing my major to something easier for me would mean changing it to something that's just plain easier, such that people who could perform the tasks required in that major would come a dime a dozen. You know the ones: business, sociology, basically everything in my school not in the engineering department.

I was software engineering but I had to change to comp sci when I failed Circuits 1. Class average was a 67, and I was bottom 50th percentile.
It's never too late to change. I have friends/family that finished their basics in their 8th semester before finally deciding on a major. Just because something's easy, doesn't mean it's bad. Society is always in need of good teachers and so forth. There's plenty of opportunity for a good life, even in "dime a dozen" fields.

I hate how every day I actually think about what's happening, I keep linking America today with ancient Rome... how we're repeating history and how we're following the same path to our eventual downfall.

I can't help but continuously keep making connections between the two civilizations all the time; growing imbalance in wealth, inflation, massive influence over the rest of the world, corrupt politicians, and so on. Am I not the only one that sees the U.S. right now as the second coming of Rome, or am I just going crazy?
There are some churches that have been prophesying something similar for ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom