• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I have a problem.

This afternoon, my foster dad completely exploded, uttering extreme profanities and practically screaming so hard he was spitting on my face.

He said things like "why are you so fucking dumb, you're thick as a fucking post, you imbecile stupid piece of shit!" and other similarly related things.

I mean, I was doing my chore and simply touched a Second Cup brand of coffee he had left on the table.

"Do you want this still?"

"No, your disgusting filthy hands touched it" was he ever-so-mature response.

"I technically didn't even touch it, just the surrounding paper around the cup, which is easily removable, and I washed my hands because I'm cleaning the kitchen."

He started getting more and more aggressive in his approach, and I simply said "you're wrong, whatever."

He snapped, even told my foster mom to shut the fuck up when she asked him to cool down and stop, since his young children witnessed the entire episode.

His spittle was flying in my face, and he cursed like no other British citizen cursed before.

He then proceded to grab a dictionary, trash talk me some more, and be a general asshole in general.

I then said "fuck you, I'm not cleaning your house. You're an arrogant, egostistical person and I'm not appreciated. See you later" and walked out of the house without parental permission.

These people like to play dirty, and I'm sort of worried about the future repercussions I might have to face.

I do have a social worker, unfortunately they're all on the same side, and I don't actually have anyone to advocate for me besides teachers.

This sort of abuse has been ongoing since I moved there in 2009. I can't wait to get the hell out of there.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Oh no. :( I'm so sorry.

The only thing I could possibly suggest is if you ever recorded it and played it for a social worker. But... Do you have anywhere else you can go tonight? Or for a few days? Friends house or something?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So I didn't really have much of a Spring Break.

It was more of a "Do whatever my parents want me to do." kind of week. Then again, if the week were actually handed over to me, I'd have the Wii with me and would be playing it with a side of doing whatever it is that sounds fun.

But what do I know? I'm just a depressed freak that can't talk my way through a conversation if my life depended on it.
Yeah, well. Stand up for yourself. Or next time, tell your parents spring break was cancelled and that sadly you'll have to stay at school. Then just walk to your friends house and hang out there and then come back to your house as if you came from school. Jk

Seriously, tell your parents that you are going to be doing something, or that you are busy. You have to have your own "by yourself time" too man. Don't let that **** happen! How old are you? And no, weeks don't get handed over to us. We must earn them, with fights. So you know why you deserve your own time, you tell them that. Then they'll say something back, but they won't understand, MAKE EM UNDERSTAND.

====================
I am sorry, I just have parents who also don't understand things.... But yeah. I mean they don't care if I go out (im 20) and they are finiggling about me being out too late cuz I play games. Well too bad for them, cuz I don't care. I know they are not interested in what I am, so I am not interested in their interests either. Its more like TOO BAD GET OVER IT kinda thing. Then they are like WELL TOO BAD GET YOUR OWN APT. I say yes. I will, I am considering how to do that right now. Need job + but a one room apt.

I have a problem.

This afternoon, my foster dad completely exploded, uttering extreme profanities and practically screaming so hard he was spitting on my face.

He said things like "why are you so fucking dumb, you're thick as a fucking post, you imbecile stupid piece of shit!" and other similarly related things.

I mean, I was doing my chore and simply touched a Second Cup brand of coffee he had left on the table.

"Do you want this still?"

"No, your disgusting filthy hands touched it" was he ever-so-mature response.

"I technically didn't even touch it, just the surrounding paper around the cup, which is easily removable, and I washed my hands because I'm cleaning the kitchen."

He started getting more and more aggressive in his approach, and I simply said "you're wrong, whatever."

He snapped, even told my foster mom to shut the fuck up when she asked him to cool down and stop, since his young children witnessed the entire episode.

His spittle was flying in my face, and he cursed like no other British citizen cursed before.

He then proceded to grab a dictionary, trash talk me some more, and be a general asshole in general.

I then said "fuck you, I'm not cleaning your house. You're an arrogant, egostistical person and I'm not appreciated. See you later" and walked out of the house without parental permission.

These people like to play dirty, and I'm sort of worried about the future repercussions I might have to face.

I do have a social worker, unfortunately they're all on the same side, and I don't actually have anyone to advocate for me besides teachers.

This sort of abuse has been ongoing since I moved there in 2009. I can't wait to get the hell out of there.

Well, if threatens to touch you or your mom/siblings, don't be afraid to do something about it. He may be your dad/fosterdad (I'm not sure) but I would fight him if I really really had to. I mean, I would never want to do that, but with a abusive drunk, how else would he understand that he drinks too much and that he isn't being polite towards the ones he 'loves'. Hope you find a place, dude. I gotta get my own. Lifes tuff, but you can only keep living.

Yeah, what side do you mean? I mean, why is she on their side?

.Marik

is a social misfit
He's not my biological dad.

Neither is the foster mom or the siblings I'm situated with.

I just had to vent, this really upset me. All I did was pick up the cup, and procede to ask him if he wanted it because it had gone cold.

People are so irrational and cruel sometimes. The ironic thing is, this is probably more of an unstable environment than the ones we get taken away from.

Typical foster/group homes.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Marik dude...... that's awful man.

My dad was pretty abusive when I was younger.He drank A LOT.It all came to a climax when he stabbed my mother in the hand.Lots of crap went down.....blah blah blah,he quit drinking,now he is a different person.

Yes people can be stupid sometimes.....very much so.

Hope things turn out ok for you Marik.

Necrotic

Death By Necrosis
Wow some people really have it rough....hope you get away from that mess if I had money Id send ya some...No joke. I hate seeing people have to take that abuse, though I havnt experienced brutality like that my hope is all I can give ya...

Pikaville

My eyebrow piercing has been on and off inflamed/tender for about a month now.(I've had it in for 3 years)

I've tried using a disinfectant on it,but it keeps coming back.

I don't want to take it out.....It's expensive to get re done.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Things have settled down between us, it's a much calmer atmosphere.

My foster dad actually apologized, thought I'd never see that happen.

Glad to see your dad quit drinking, mine never stopped doing drugs.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Pikaville, maybe you should have a doctor check it out just in case. They might be able to give you some tips on making it feel better.

My side has been seriously bothering me for the past 3 days. Im going to see a doctor tomorrow, but it's really annoying to not know what in the heck is wrong. I dont think its my appendix because im not showing symptoms of appendicitis, but i don't know honestly xD

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I don't want to freak you out but if it's in kinda your back side it could be your kidney. I had kidney stones, and that's where my pain was. It was bad enough to make me throw up. :p But if it's kind of in that area it could be your kidneys.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I don't want to freak you out but if it's in kinda your back side it could be your kidney. I had kidney stones, and that's where my pain was. It was bad enough to make me throw up. :p But if it's kind of in that area it could be your kidneys.
Don't worry xD I've been wondering if it was my kidneys anyway since its right near my right one.

EDIT: just got back from the doctor's office...Im A-OKAY!~ No kidney problems or anything (and me and my doctor shared a laugh about the whole i'd-already-be-dead-if-it-was-my-appendix situation). Just strained a muscle or something.

day-day

Smash Ace
Last night is still bothering me and I stive have some rage left over from too.
Well the rage I felt from last night was from where the Spurs blew it to the Fakers AT home. Players missing rotations on who their suppose to be guarding then they messed around and let Kobe get on fire. Can't forget how Artest was pretty much taunting us by blowing kisses to the LA fans. I seriously wanted to punch him. I'd be surprised if the Spurs even make the playoffs to be honest with the way they've been playing all season. Mason ask for playing time, we give it to him, what does he do? Choke! Him, Matt Bonner(who needs to stop worrying about f'in hoagie's), Keith "No Defense" Bogans, and Richard "Washed up" Jefferson have got to go in the off season. Only players who came to play are Hill and Ginobili, Tim got man handled by Pau Gasoft and no one could guard Lamar Kardashian. Spurs schedule doesn't get any easier when they got Cleveland Chokaliers and Boston Welptics on friday and sunday respectively. I've never been so angry with my team like last night :mad:. Now I gotta hear all the Faker fans brag today which I'm not looking forward to.But long as DAL or DEN knocks off LA and ORL or BOS knock of CLE I could care less who wins this year.
Then I kept getting manhandled in Tekken last night by scrubs. Kept falling for the same moves as well. What is it that everyone sees in Law that's so great? I don't get it. Oh and Namco please nerf that howling monkey for gods sake. I know ya'll wanted to make the closest thing to honor Bruce Lee but c'mon. :ohwell: Thinking about quitting Tekken for awhile cause I can't seem to win worth anything anymore. I'm pretty much in a big slump on everything right now :(
From the looks of it I can only take 3 classes at this technical school I'm going to because for some logical reason during class registration they had a system upgrade which prevented me from registering for 2 weeks, then I couldn't even get into my account for another 2 weeks. Doesn't help the school doesn't return your calls until 1 or 2 days after so now I'm stuck pretty much taking Math, English, and Psychology. I can't change my major for some idiotic reason because I do not want to major in Commercial Photography when I intend on being a Graphic Designer.
Life.Sucks.For.Me.Right.Now :(
<--pretty much me right now

Smash Master
I was rooting for the Spurs too, until Ginobli got burned by a screen and flopped to salvage the play.

Anyway, my roommate's horrible rap music is driving me nuts. I have earplugs, but I have to wear them pretty much constantly, and now my ear canal is sore. Is there a way to make it stop? (The option of talking to him has been exhausted, and I'd rather not bring in a higher authority, since I'm technically not supposed to be living here.) I'm thinking of something like disabling his computer's audio (he plays it so loud his headphones filter it to only a dull roar.)

day-day

Smash Ace
I was rooting for the Spurs too, until Ginobli got burned by a screen and flopped to salvage the play.

Anyway, my roommate's horrible rap music is driving me nuts. I have earplugs, but I have to wear them pretty much constantly, and now my ear canal is sore. Is there a way to make it stop? (The option of talking to him has been exhausted, and I'd rather not bring in a higher authority, since I'm technically not supposed to be living here.) I'm thinking of something like disabling his computer's audio (he plays it so loud his headphones filter it to only a dull roar.)
Nice to see someone else cheer for the spurs :bee:
Then again look who they were playing, the Lakers. You know David Stern can't let his prreecciioouusss Lakers and Cavs get beat by a lower rank team, especially this late in the season :p
Hmm you could always blast some music of your own right back. Did you tell him that your ear canal is sore due to his blasting his music 24/7?

Apollo$

Smash Ace
Ok, my turn to spin some yarn

I pretty much quit drinking a good while back and have been sober for a couple months and yet I look back and wanna get back into into so badly, I'm also a closeted homo and left the religion I was a part of as a child, I keep that all on the down low tho. I gotta pull myself together and do something with my life so I can be independent.

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
i have a pretty complex situation...

i am a transfer student from a community college and am in the middle of my first semester at a 4year university. I applied for the nursing program at my current school. Today i found out that i did not get in. The applications were based on a point system out of 12. They ended up taking everyone above a 9. Unfortunately, i was an 8. ouch. So now i have to decide what to do. This is my first semester away from home and i have fallen in love with the freedoms that come with that. The weekends are amazing. My suitemates are amazing. There is even a budding love interest that would be cut off if i were to leave. I am doing well in school here and enjoy the classes as well. I love my current situation. My plan B was to go back to the community college at home and get a RN degree. This would be the best economical decision in the short term and possibly the long term as well, but the last thing I want to do right now is go back home. So i guess option C is to change majors and stay at my current school. This would delay my graduation date and be way more expensive than option B. Cooooooooonnie. idk bros.

Pikaville

i have a pretty complex situation...

i am a transfer student from a community college and am in the middle of my first semester at a 4year university. I applied for the nursing program at my current school. Today i found out that i did not get in. The applications were based on a point system out of 12. They ended up taking everyone above a 9. Unfortunately, i was an 8. ouch. So now i have to decide what to do. This is my first semester away from home and i have fallen in love with the freedoms that come with that. The weekends are amazing. My suitemates are amazing. There is even a budding love interest that would be cut off if i were to leave. I am doing well in school here and enjoy the classes as well. I love my current situation. My plan B was to go back to the community college at home and get a RN degree. This would be the best economical decision in the short term and possibly the long term as well, but the last thing I want to do right now is go back home. So i guess option C is to change majors and stay at my current school. This would delay my graduation date and be way more expensive than option B. Cooooooooonnie. idk bros.
Dude,you have to do whatever will make you happiest.I personally would stay with my friends and change majors.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Can't you reapply? Sorry, I don't know how nursing works but can't you just give it another shot in a few months or something similar?

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Don't worry xD I've been wondering if it was my kidneys anyway since its right near my right one.

EDIT: just got back from the doctor's office...Im A-OKAY!~ No kidney problems or anything (and me and my doctor shared a laugh about the whole i'd-already-be-dead-if-it-was-my-appendix situation). Just strained a muscle or something.
That's good! :D I, on, the other hand, have had to go to the doc today for testing and CT scans because I -do- have kidney stones and they are making me hurt atm. Blargh. I feel miserable. :(

Smash Master
I have a small conundrum.

So I, uh, main Peach, and I think one of my friends is really hot. (I've known him for like 3 months, and that isn't the reason we became friends.) Ideally, I'd like to become more than friends. My problem is that I don't know if he mains Peach or if he's homophobic or what. I'd much rather have the friendship than nothing at all, and I'm worried that if I tell him about my feelings for him, and he's repulsed, then I'll lose that friendship. Is there anyway I can have my cake and eat it too? Can I get closure regarding the possibility of an intimate relationship without gambling the existing friendship?

Pikaville

1048576 maybe try and tell him that your gay 1st and see how he reacts.

He doesn't have to know you like him at 1st.

If things go your way you can definitely have your cake and eat it.

(This gay/bi thing certainly took off.)

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I'm straight!

half the time >.>

I couldn't sleep last night because of my kidneys. :( I'm very tired right now.
So basically no one on smashboards is straight.

No, not even Terywj, he's the gayest one of us all. And Aidan doesn't count because I'm not even sure if he's human.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom