• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
Hm...what's bothering me...well, my girlfriend is ignoring me, and it's fairly likely that she's gonna break up with me....as for why.... (Btw, this is gonna be waaaaaay longer than it has to be. If you want to read it, go ahead, but there's a tl;dr at the end.)

So this is the third time I'm dating her. Right before the first time I dated her, I would talk to her while she was crying over some guy I didn't know. Then we got together, we did some three-way webcam conversations with her "best friend" Joe, and I could tell she reacted to his jokes and stuff the same way she did to mine, so I figured it was him. I said something to her about her having feelings for someone else. She said she didn't. I believed her.

Over the next two weeks, she started making like Facebook statuses and crap about "I love Joe sooooo much," "Joe is amazing," etc. Eventually I flipped at her, and she cried all night thinking I was gonna break up with her and stuff, and she claimed again and again she had no feelings for him. I kinda believed her, and I told her I'd be fine with her and her "best friend" talking as long as she didn't shove it in my face all the time.

Well, a week later she breaks up with me for semi-irrelevant reasons. A week after *that*, after a couple days of her telling me she was considering getting back together, she spends the entire weekend depressed and crying because she was in love with Joe but he didn't have feelings back.

Well, about two weeks later, we get together again. She claims she has NO feelings for Joe whatsoever, and she KNOWS because she always fights with him and crap. She starts talking to me about Joe one day, and I tell her to stop talking to me about him because I don't need it in my face. She gets mad because I'm jealous again. She breaks up with me for completely irrelevant reasons like a day or two later. Over the next few weeks when she's fighting with Joe, I see weird claims in her statuses about "I am NOT in love."

Two weeks later, she starts talking to me and tells me how she still likes me and we keep on talking, but we probably won't date. Over the next two or three days, she makes AIM statuses about "If you asked me if I loved him I'd lie," "It's so hard to let you go," and other dumb stuff like that. And it obviously wasn't about me, but she wouldn't explain them. I got pissed at her for leading me on with feelings for someone else.

That pretty much brings us two weeks later to the third time we're together and today. So even though Joe's been acting like a total ******* all day, she decides to "Facebook marry" him. I flip at her for doing that, not really because I'm jealous, but because she should KNOW it should bother me. Apparently Joe asked her if it was a good idea to do this while I'm dating her, but she thinks it'll be fiiiiiiiine, because she knows "he knows I don't have feelings for you," and it's semi-true, I do half-believe her. Anyway, so now I'm stuck being mad at her for not truly considering my feelings, and she's pissed at me and spending the night talking to Joe because I got mad at her, and she *thinks* I'm jealous. But I don't think I am.

tl;dr Girlfriend who has been on and off in love with another guy for the past three months won't talk to me because I got mad she listed him as her husband on Facebook.

All right, thanks for reading my venting. For those of you who bothered reading the entirety of my idiotic teenage drama, would you mind giving me your opinion on the matter? (As in, do you think I have a right to get mad over this?)

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Read the whole thing, seems like she's leading you on for the attention and someone to fall-back on, honestly she doesn't sound worth it.
She broke up with you twice for some other guy, then came back to you when it didn't go the way she wanted. You do the dumping this time.

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
...just to be clear, she didn't really break up with me *for* him. The first time I got jealous about something else entirely and she couldn't handle it, and the second time she felt like smothered or something. I dunno.

Anyway, of course I'm considering dumping her...but...I dunno. I just can't bring myself to let that happen...

Oh, and thanks for the opinion.

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
She's totally not worth it. You've fallen for her female trap, I know a girl like that.
Yeah.....the funniest part is that it's actually a long distance relationship, so it's not even like I'm getting to see her, making it even less worth it. There's like a year's worth of events that's led me to this point, though, so I'm probably not gonna be able to let myself get out of it.

And based on experience, I'm pretty sure *all* girls are like that, not just the one you know.

Anyway, thanks for your advice as well.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
^^ that is a lie. Don't generalize every girl because when you meet one who's not you'll expect her to be and ruin any chance you might have because you think that way.

Now, as for your situation, which I almost shouldn't help you with because of that statement, leave her. Just because she didn't say she broke up with you for that guy, look at the evidence. She left you, fought with him, came back to you, left you, fought with him, came back to you and so on. So just because it's not stated outwardly doesn't mean it's not what she's doing. And girls do this because? If you knew that we broke up with you because we wanted to get with another dude, do you really think you'd want us back if we came back? ESPECIALLY if we were still talking to the guy we broke up with you for? No. Then you'd be dumb. But either way, it's not a healthy relationship because it's not based on trust and in a long distance that's key. It's not like this guy is her best friend and she grew up with him and he has a girlfriend or he's gay. No. She wants to be with him but he either doesn't want to be with her OR he doesn't want to be exclusive with her so she has you. Her security so she doesn't have to be alone while she tries to hit it up with other guys. Leave it while you can.

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
^^ that is a lie. Don't generalize every girl because when you meet one who's not you'll expect her to be and ruin any chance you might have because you think that way.

Now, as for your situation, which I almost shouldn't help you with because of that statement, leave her. Just because she didn't say she broke up with you for that guy, look at the evidence. She left you, fought with him, came back to you, left you, fought with him, came back to you and so on. So just because it's not stated outwardly doesn't mean it's not what she's doing. And girls do this because? If you knew that we broke up with you because we wanted to get with another dude, do you really think you'd want us back if we came back? ESPECIALLY if we were still talking to the guy we broke up with you for? No. Then you'd be dumb. But either way, it's not a healthy relationship because it's not based on trust and in a long distance that's key. It's not like this guy is her best friend and she grew up with him and he has a girlfriend or he's gay. No. She wants to be with him but he either doesn't want to be with her OR he doesn't want to be exclusive with her so she has you. Her security so she doesn't have to be alone while she tries to hit it up with other guys. Leave it while you can.
Well, I realize that's not *really* true and it's just that I have bad luck with women.

Thank you for the advice in spite of my claim though. I guess I'll be taking these leaving her suggestions to heart. And believe me, I know how absolutely ******** I'm being; it's unfortunately just the way I am with girls.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I like the fact that the first straight person to appear for a while starts complaing about the opposite sex.

Its so ironic.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
So basically no one on smashboards is straight.

No, not even Terywj, he's the gayest one of us all. And Aidan doesn't count because I'm not even sure if he's human.

I'm not even human?

That's crazy I demand you explain yourself!(Im very drunk)

Yes it is insanity to be drinking at this time.

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
My prom is 2 months away and I'm already worried that I might go stag. There's only one person who I would really consider asking but I have a feeling that alot of other people may ask her. And then there are some other thigns that concern me:

1. Would it be too early if I ask her around the end of April?
2. I don't want to ask anyone random unless its absolutely necessary
3. I don't have that many girls as friends. I am kinda shy
4. I think that getting a gf will easily solve this problem. The only problem with that is, I don't think I can get one because I'm not that confident in myself because I'm fat and not that good looking (I already have a receding hairline DX).

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Is this girl you're considering a close friend already? From my experience, it's better to go with a good friend, than a chick you have a crush on that isn't really a homey. Matter of fact, there's probably a higher chance of that turning sour than going solo. Receding hairlines make us look mature :D hehe XD

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Then just ask her now. You can't really be too early. And if she's a good friend, she'll tell you straight. Might as well, right?

soju

SD God
Alright so I got this girl who's been my friend for a while now(3 years). I recently
found out that she likes me and I don't really know what to do. She has an awesome
personality and is very beautiful(don't believe me I'll prove it).

So what's the problem?
Number one, one of my best friends is like seriously in love with this girl and I'm scared
that if I get with her our friendship will be ruined.
Number two, she is sort of a. . .****, she would like get with guys, get down with them, then in turn just dump them. If I were the type of guy who liked one night stands then by all means I would pound the breaks off that *****, but I'm not at all like that. One of my friends who is a girl says give her a chance people change, the other a guy says its not even worth your time. I don't want to say no to her since drama will most likely ensue. . .

So yeah, oh and I'm in a position where I would see her every day since she moved across the street from me. Any advice?

Pikaville

Alright so I got this girl who's been my friend for a while now(3 years). I recently
found out that she likes me and I don't really know what to do. She has an awesome
personality and is very beautiful(don't believe me I'll prove it).

So what's the problem?
Number one, one of my best friends is like seriously in love with this girl and I'm scared
that if I get with her our friendship will be ruined.
Number two, she is sort of a. . .****, she would like get with guys, get down with them, then in turn just dump them. If I were the type of guy who liked one night stands then by all means I would pound the breaks off that *****, but I'm not at all like that. One of my friends who is a girl says give her a chance people change, the other a guy says its not even worth your time. I don't want to say no to her since drama will most likely ensue. . .

So yeah, oh and I'm in a position where I would see her every day since she moved across the street from me. Any advice?
Just say straight up to your friend that she said she likes you and talk it out with him.If he is a true friend he'll at least appreciate your honesty.

If you and him are ok then at least try it on with her.You don't have much to lose from the experience.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I have been throwing up since 5:30 am based on these **** kidney stones and I feel absolutely miserable and I'm having to call into work again and I just feel so bad about doing it. I'm almost wanting to just say "**** it" and go in anyway... But I know that will only be a bad idea.

I need a hug. :(

(Thank you for your ehugs Chronodiver Lokii :))

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Aww, poor Ladybug. I'm sending you a long-distance hug. Feel better!

This morning I do not feel awesome. If you asked me how I felt, I would probably just squint my eyes and say ‘not… awesome.’ Maybe then I would rub my temples and make weird dying cat sounds. I’m only hypothesizing.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Was browsing Wikipedia... I forgot what I originally went there for ...and came across this. (+ google searched afterwards and found this. Point towards definition 2)
I'm partially glad I found out that I do have an excuse for not talking after all, instead of just having to tell people something like "it's how I am" or something.

But on the bad end, there is the fact that it just gives me more evidence of my suspicion that I have schizophrenia.
I know I'm like a week late on this, but that's hardly just a symptom of schizophrenia. I'm sure it is a symptom of schizophrenia for like 1% of the people that exhibit it, but there are tons of people like this that are just not very social, or socially awkward. I went to get my haircut last week and the guy next to me was like that. I doubt he and everybody else like that have schizophrenia. Also, alogia is not a disease or a condition. It's a behavioral pattern, just like talking a lot or waving hello to somebody.

Pikaville

3 days of solid smoking and drinking have taken their toll.

I woke up this morning with a cold and a massive hangover.

Being unable to move,think or breathe properly is awful.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
THIS THREAD BOTHERS ME!

EVERY TIME I COME IN HERE IT SAYS THERE'S ANOTHER PAGE OF POSTS!

I CLICK THE NEXT PAGE AND IT DIRECTS ME TO THE PAGE I'M VIEWING!

SO THERE IS NO OTHER PAGE!

LIES!

I HATE THEM!

Uni work is piling up too and I got 6 final exams. 2 on the same day, TWICE! YAOWA!

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Just got back from the doctor and I found out I have three stones. Sooooooo sometime this week or nest, I have to go and get lithotripsy (sp?) done to get rid of them. :(

Thanks Lythium for your ehugs. <3 I hope your day went better than it was this morning.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I wish you all the best for your treatment Ladybug, hope it all goes well.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Ladybug, I'm sending all my positive energy to you, you'll be fine. Best of luck.

THIS THREAD BOTHERS ME!

EVERY TIME I COME IN HERE IT SAYS THERE'S ANOTHER PAGE OF POSTS!

I CLICK THE NEXT PAGE AND IT DIRECTS ME TO THE PAGE I'M VIEWING!
THIS! :mad:

Get it fixed please :bee:

Pikaville

Hope you feel better soon Ladybug!

(Cyber Hugs from Ireland)

Guys the last page thing is just a kinda glitch that happens when a page worth of posts have been removed or something similar.

So there SHOULD be an extra page of content.But there isn't if that makes sense.

I think one of the mods explained it in the Q&S thread.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
A little late on the reply, but whatever.

I keep falling in love with straight guys :mad:
D:

At least you for fall for guys. I rarely get any legitimate feelings for guys I meet. I could easily blame that on the guys themselves, but I'm pretty sure it's just me having a hard time letting others get close to me lol

Anyways, I'm positive you'll fall for an actual gay guy soon enough haha
Someone may even fall for you.
You never know :)

I have been throwing up since 5:30 am based on these **** kidney stones and I feel absolutely miserable and I'm having to call into work again and I just feel so bad about doing it. I'm almost wanting to just say "**** it" and go in anyway... But I know that will only be a bad idea.

I need a hug. :(
That must feel horrible =/
I hope you get through all this quickly!

Bah, I hate knowing that someone else is in pain.....
Get better soon! :)

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I need a new main, but I don't know where to look, nor do I have the patience to practice a try to get better with a character.

Also, it's raining, and I ride a bike to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom