• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
i like how all of these people know exactly what this girl is thinking.

10mindreaderzr2cool

Overload

Smash Lord
I'm feeling a little better about the situation I'm in. I think we just need to form that foundation of getting to know each other before being in a relationship. We kind of skipped that step (my fault for asking her out so soon), and it's kind of weird trying to get to know each other when you're already going out. I think we just need to spend some time together as nothing more than friends, build that essential foundation, and then start building a real relationship. I think there's a good chance things will work out in the end.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
follow up with a quick "sorry I'm drunk" or something :)

or maybe that you meant to send it to someone else (depending on what it said) but you sent it to him because, well, you're drunk.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
This forum's non-existent aptitude for innuendo :/
check my recent post, you'll see what I'm talking about.
Get perverted you guys, you'll earn a free salad and bread sticks if you do.
I already am ;3

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
@Punk Yeah.. I think everyone pretty much said what you should know.. Really, check out her actions... Even if you have known her for a long time doesn't mean she can't strike or do anything bad. A friend of mine knew a girl since they were little and dated for many years. (He's like 23 now) And she cheated on him, flirted with other guys for money and such, and used him for a house and money as well. He was very hurt and disappointed, but her actions told him for get to GEEEET OUUT.
@Overload That is a GREAT plan!! It honestly is! Start out slowly, get to know each other! Ah..! How cute! There is a guy I liked here that plays Smash, and I'm following along with that exact plan! Although, I don't think I really want to be in a relationship with him, but it's a smart idea!
@Hawaii Yeah-- you should probably tell him you were drunk. Was the message you sent him true? Like do you really think that? Or was it just for fun?

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
My brother is only causing grief and dismay in my family and my parents arent being assertive enough to do anything about it. He takes advantage of everything and there's nothing I can do about it without getting in trouble! Yet it he does anything to me he can get away with it because my parents don't want to deal with his screaming and crying. I just had to get a lock installed on my door because he keeps stealing stuff from my room.

Normally this seems like an elementary sibling rivalry, but it's not, I'm 16 and he is 14. He was also diagnosed with mental problems, but that is no excuse for the way he acts, he does stuff because he knows he can get away with it. What am I to do? I have already told my parents how I feel but they aren't doing crap about it.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
My brother is only causing grief and dismay in my family and my parents arent being assertive enough to do anything about it. He takes advantage of everything and there's nothing I can do about it without getting in trouble! Yet it he does anything to me he can get away with it because my parents don't want to deal with his screaming and crying. I just had to get a lock installed on my door because he keeps stealing stuff from my room.

Normally this seems like an elementary sibling rivalry, but it's not, I'm 16 and he is 14. He was also diagnosed with mental problems, but that is no excuse for the way he acts, he does stuff because he knows he can get away with it. What am I to do? I have already told my parents how I feel but they aren't doing crap about it.
One of my best friends has this exact same situation minus the mental problems. I'd honestly ignore him. It might be hard but if he sees that you're not bothered by his actions (which he's probably doing just to annoy you anyways) he may stop.

Some people act out for attention, perhaps try forming a better relationship with him?

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
One of my best friends has this exact same situation minus the mental problems. I'd honestly ignore him. It might be hard but if he sees that you're not bothered by his actions (which he's probably doing just to annoy you anyways) he may stop.

Some people act out for attention, perhaps try forming a better relationship with him?
Nah, its not one of the ignoring situations. I have already done that and he just moved on to other members of the family. What really grinds my gears is how he makes the rest of the family miserable and gets in no trouble.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful

Kids like this just need to really be treated toughly. Your parents need to put their foot down and really get this guy back in shape! If talking to him calmly and asking him nicely to stop won't work then yes, your parents need to take control!! If they don't then you are right, he'll know he can get away with it and continue to do it because no one is stopping him! I suggest having a serious talk to your parents because not showing him proper... punishment? Or-- control? I guess is what I'm trying to say will be bad in the long-run because he'll think he can do all this stuff and not get in trouble. Pretty much he won't stop unless someone puts their best foot forward!

Edit: If your family is miserable then you guys need to DO something about it! Honestly, tell him "NO!"

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Argh, sorry if it seems like a wall of text but...

I've just been having a stressful life lately. My dad died when I was 13, and I've been receiving Social Security at the same time for 5 years. I was diagnosed with Aspergers, ADD, delayed sleep onset, and severe depression. My older brother (who is 10 years older than me) recently moved out, and I stopped getting Social Security when I turned 18. My mom usually cracks if things are a bit too much for her, and this is one instance. We went up to Montreal for about a week back in August and because the convention me and Mom both volunteered at didn't give us cell phones or reimburst us, we had to use our own. It turns out that my phone alone somehow racked up nearly $700 in data calls (I have a G1) and $150 for the 4 seconds that I spent on the phone. (The blog post going further into it is in my signature.) I haven't had the ability to get a job at all because nobody is hiring or turning down my application. I'm trying to see if they can reinstate my Social Security so I don't have to work; since I also have a big cut on my knee from when I had an accident involving glass, it hurts to stand for long, so jobs involving standing up are out of the question. I can't ever borrow cash from my mom again except for food and clothing, so I have to stop going to tournaments. My mom prefers my older brother to me unfortunately, so this doesn't help my debt situation either. Between college, cell phone debt, finding a job, I just don't know how to deal with it...

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
>_>

I'd ask what a sixteen year old knows about parenting, but I don't want to come off as being an *******.

Smooth Criminal
I don't exactly know his situation.. but sometimes parents really don't know what to do in certain situations. He's probably coming from hardcore experience with this kid.

@Bionic Sonic First I have to say congrats for working hard at this on your own too! It's saddening that your mother chooses you older brother.. Have you tried asking him or any other family members for money? Sometimes it's not BAD to ask them for help! They are family after all! You could always pay them back once you are on your feet. Try and get as much money around! Whether it is for disabilities or college aid. All is useful! As for a job, have you tried maybe posting online or in public you are a person who is willing to do ____ for $? Maybe you can be an assistant somewhere where it requires a bunch of desk-work which means no standing up for awhile.. I'm sorry, but good luck! Ranting helps so feel free to rant tons!

mzink*

Smash Ace
Not really anything major but one thing that is bugging enough for me to complain about.
Just not been feeling the best physically the past few days. Very little energy, very light headed, stomach not feelin well. Then I spend a lot of time lying down because I don't feel like I have the energy to be very active and my stomach bothers when I try to go back to my usual routines, but for me lying down a lot actually makes me feel worse afterwards so its kind of a bad cycle. Maybe tomorrow I'll try to force myself to be active and stuff outside, even if I have to drag myself. I don't think I'm sick, I think I'm just out of it for some other reason. Maybe its just really long drawn out pms or something.

Overload

Smash Lord
I know I said I was feeling better about my situation, but in the back of my mind I'm still thinking about the worst case scenario. What do you guys interpret this as:

"Hey, I was just wondering if it was ok if we could just be friends for right now. I just feel that we rushed into a relationship before really knowing each other comfortably as people. I still want to talk to and see you as much as we are now; it’s just that I want to feel more comfortable around you as a friend before I could naturally feel comfortable in a serious relationship. Let me know what you think."

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Some days I really feel unloved. Not that I'm unloved some days, it's just that some days I let myself feel it. It seems to me like everyone has their own group, their own spot in which they fit. I don't. Not even in my church. My church is great, don't get me wrong. But I've always been a person to be set on the outside. No one wants to talk to me. No one. No one sincerely likes being around me. In short, I have no friends. Sure, there are people who are 'friendly' with me, but I have no friends. A lot of people take offense to this when I say this, and I ask them when the last time was that they gave me a call or tried to hang out with me.

That's something I do a lot for other people, I always try to grow closer to others, to share myself with others. No one ever really wants to do that for me. No one really wants to get to know me. Not what I really think and feel. They're all too content with me just saying "I'm doing fine." People tell me to switch up the people I'm with--but that does nothing. I've had one real friend in my entire life, and he's too far gone for me to talk to him now.

I've got God, and I try to keep that in perspective. I by no means am losing faith, it just hurts me when I love people so much, and they seem to hate me so much. You might think I'm exaggerating. "Surely they don't hate you," you'll say. If you think that, let me ask you a question: What do you call complete and total disregard for someone's physical, emotional, mental, social, and spiritual state? What do you call it when you tell someone you're going through a rough time and you need someone to talk to and they don't get back to you for days--and never really get back to you, it's just that after so long you have to try to get in touch with them a second time. These people might as well be strangers to me.

It kills me because I do really like one girl. I like her a lot. I don't think she'll ever feel the same way. Unfortunately, despite all her virtue and kindness, I'm not sure she even likes me, even on the most basic of levels. I love her a great deal as my sister in Christ, as someone I spend a good deal of time with, and I like her as something a bit more. But I can't help but think she is completely apathetic to me, just like everyone else.

The worst thing is, everyone who is completely apathetic includes you, the person reading this right now. You don't care just as much as they don't. Why should you? We're strangers, after all. The concept of loving someone just because they're human is gone from our society. We look out for us and ours--no one else. Sympathy and compassion are a fool's emotions. Instead we focus on getting our own cheap thrills before we die and kicking out anyone who stands in our way. As long as we can hold onto our money, our friends, our house, our job, our way of life--no other effort needs be expended. And if anything jeopardizes that, even helping someone else, it's viewed as the chief of all evils.

Worse than that, there are some of you who half-heartedly offer up some comment such as "Oh, I'm sure someone loves you." That's the problem with the world today. We're convinced that everyone's loved, and so we disregard any statements like mine. No one stops and says "Regardless of the reality of things, I'll love you." No, instead we paste on our smiles and go about our day, pretending we've got someone who loves us, too. Because after all, "I'm not doing too well" is never an acceptable response.

We wear the mask that grins and lies,
It hides our cheeks and shades our eyes.
This debt we pay to human guile
With torn and bleeding hearts we smile,
And mouth with myriad subtleties.

Why should the world be over-wise,
In counting all our tears and sighs?
Nay, let them only see us while
We wear the mask.

We smile but O great Christ our cries
To Thee from tortured souls arise.
We sing but O the clay is vile,
Beneath the feet and long the mile.

But let the world dream otherwise,
We wear the mask.

Poem by Paul Lawrence Dunbar, We Wear the Mask

Overload

Smash Lord
I called her today. I asked her if that message she sent me was sincere and true or if it was just a nice way of breaking up with me for good. These past few days it's been eating away at me. I wasn't sure if there was no hope at all between us in the future. Honestly, I was afraid to ask because I was afraid of what the answer might have been.

I'm feeling pretty good now though. She said she's just one who has a hard time sharing her feelings and things like that with people, especially if she hasn't really gotten to know them too well. She wants to be in a relationship with someone she's known for a while and knows well and is completely comfortable around. She wants to be friends for now so we can get to know one another without feeling that pressure of being in a relationship.

I asked her if it was possible for us to be together in the future. She said yes, but, like previously stated, she wants that foundation to be in place. She wants to be completely comfortable with me before being in a serious relationship. She likes who I am and likes my personality and likes being around me.

When I asked her out about two months ago, she was worried that if she said she wanted to get to know me better first that I would end up not liking her. Because of this, she just went for it and said yes. She feels like she rushed into things, and would have trouble expressing her feelings to me as her boyfriend because she hadn't yet become completely comfortable around me.

Summary:
Friends for now
Get to know each other and become completely comfortable with one another
Relationship in future after these things have been accomplished
????
Profit!!

Some days I really feel unloved. Not that I'm unloved some days, it's just that some days I let myself feel it. It seems to me like everyone has their own group, their own spot in which they fit. I don't. Not even in my church. My church is great, don't get me wrong. But I've always been a person to be set on the outside. No one wants to talk to me. No one. No one sincerely likes being around me. In short, I have no friends. Sure, there are people who are 'friendly' with me, but I have no friends. A lot of people take offense to this when I say this, and I ask them when the last time was that they gave me a call or tried to hang out with me.
Are you certain nobody likes being around you? Perhaps they don't call you or try to hang out with you because they're not certain if you consider them your friends. I don't know about others, but I'm usually not one to call people to hang out because I don't want them to feel like they have to make up an excuse or feel like they have to say yes when they don't really feel like it. If everyone has the same mentality as I, we'd never hang out with each other. Perhaps you could try calling people instead of waiting for them to call you, and they might have a good time and want to hang out in the future, and would give you a call for a change.
That's something I do a lot for other people, I always try to grow closer to others, to share myself with others. No one ever really wants to do that for me. No one really wants to get to know me. Not what I really think and feel. They're all too content with me just saying "I'm doing fine." People tell me to switch up the people I'm with--but that does nothing. I've had one real friend in my entire life, and he's too far gone for me to talk to him now.
I've got God, and I try to keep that in perspective. I by no means am losing faith, it just hurts me when I love people so much, and they seem to hate me so much. You might think I'm exaggerating. "Surely they don't hate you," you'll say. If you think that, let me ask you a question: What do you call complete and total disregard for someone's physical, emotional, mental, social, and spiritual state? What do you call it when you tell someone you're going through a rough time and you need someone to talk to and they don't get back to you for days--and never really get back to you, it's just that after so long you have to try to get in touch with them a second time. These people might as well be strangers to me.
People just might not now how to comfort someone who's going through a tough time. They might not want to talk to you about it because they're not sure how to help, and don't want to disappoint you. I'm not really sure, sorry.
It kills me because I do really like one girl. I like her a lot. I don't think she'll ever feel the same way. Unfortunately, despite all her virtue and kindness, I'm not sure she even likes me, even on the most basic of levels. I love her a great deal as my sister in Christ, as someone I spend a good deal of time with, and I like her as something a bit more. But I can't help but think she is completely apathetic to me, just like everyone else.
You'll never know unless you tell her how you feel. Who knows, she might have feelings for you, but is thinking the same thing you're thinking. Maybe she feels you don't like her in that way and is afraid to find out whether or not that's the case. Wishful thinking? Perhaps, but you'll really never know unless you talk to her about it.
The worst thing is, everyone who is completely apathetic includes you, the person reading this right now. You don't care just as much as they don't. Why should you? We're strangers, after all. The concept of loving someone just because they're human is gone from our society. We look out for us and ours--no one else. Sympathy and compassion are a fool's emotions. Instead we focus on getting our own cheap thrills before we die and kicking out anyone who stands in our way. As long as we can hold onto our money, our friends, our house, our job, our way of life--no other effort needs be expended. And if anything jeopardizes that, even helping someone else, it's viewed as the chief of all evils.
Can't say I completely disagree or agree with you here. Certainly there are many people who just focus on themselves and their immediate friends and family, and couldn't care less about random people as long as they're doing okay. However, this isn't the case for everyone. There are people who genuinely care about others despite how little they may know them. This is most likely the minority though.
Worse than that, there are some of you who half-heartedly offer up some comment such as "Oh, I'm sure someone loves you." That's the problem with the world today. We're convinced that everyone's loved, and so we disregard any statements like mine. No one stops and says "Regardless of the reality of things, I'll love you." No, instead we paste on our smiles and go about our day, pretending we've got someone who loves us, too. Because after all, "I'm not doing too well" is never an acceptable response.
I think people ask how you're doing to be nice a lot of the time. It's pretty much common courtesy. Most people, no matter how they're actually feeling, give the response of "I'm doing fine," because it's what's expected, and they know the person asking doesn't really want to know how they're doing.
We wear the mask that grins and lies,
It hides our cheeks and shades our eyes.
This debt we pay to human guile
With torn and bleeding hearts we smile,
And mouth with myriad subtleties.

Why should the world be over-wise,
In counting all our tears and sighs?
Nay, let them only see us while
We wear the mask.

We smile but O great Christ our cries
To Thee from tortured souls arise.
We sing but O the clay is vile,
Beneath the feet and long the mile.

But let the world dream otherwise,
We wear the mask.

Poem by Paul Lawrence Dunbar, We Wear the Mask
Sorry I couldn't offer up better advice, I'm not too good with this sort of thing, but I understand what you're saying, and have, at points in time, felt the same way. I just didn't want to post what I was going to post without responding in some way to yours in case it got skipped over or something.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Thanks...I'm feeling a ton, still. It'll get worked out eventually. It's just painful in the meanwhile. And I do call others and ask them to hang out all the time. That's why it hurts, because I feel like I'm the only one doing it.

As for the girl I'm interested in, I will tell her eventually. I'm taking things slow for once. I don't to tell her my feelings until I've given her more time to develop hers. She may like me, or she may still be figuring that out. I don't want to give her any unnecessary pressure in the meanwhile. I'm pretty sure things will work out, to be honest. Things look really good most of the time. But sometimes I doubt. It seems to be whichever angle I'm looking at it from.

As for your situation: Best advice I can give is to relax. Don't get caught up in whether or not it'll work out later on. Easier said than done, but I've been in a lot of relationships before becoming a Christian. Just remember not to pressure her and feel out the situation. Worst case scenario is she doesn't end up wanting to date you, and you end up with a good friend and learn a bit more about yourself.

Don't worry, and things will pulll through.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I feel like *****ing about homework today. For my 1 credit Chemistry Lab, I have to complete a 4-page writeup, Pre-Lab assignment for the next lab and I have a midterm for the same class all the next few days. I hardly think that all this **** is worth a 1 credit course. Sucks that it's a required course too.

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
A month or so back I started to notice something wrong with my dog's leg. It was twitching involuntarily, and the problem has become much worse for her. She was diagnosed with canine distemper. We're doing our best to try to cope with it, and thankfully there might be a chance to vaccinate her from it getting worse, but its difficult because she's not sleeping well, she's eating and drinking less, and her whining is extremely sad to hear.

I pray to God that she gets well, considering she's still 6-7 months old.

Squall LeonHeart

Smash Ace
What's bothering me is that I never had a long time relationship with any girl. Plus I got this girl that I hang out with sometimes, I call her and call her but she doesn't call back. Trying to search for a gf is really difficult for me. It agitates me sometimes.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
"Searching" for a girlfriend doesn't exist. Unless you like, wake up one day and decide to go out to look for girls? They eventually come, or the relationship eventually starts.
What Chaco said.

Overload

Smash Lord
I've never once in my life actively looked for a girlfriend. Opportunities just arise. Go with the flow.

Smash Master
I totally have no idea what to say to guys I'm attracted to, especially if I've developed a friendship with them. Also, I'm pretty sure at least one of my friends will read this post, so I just wanna say that I'm not really attracted to him, so things don't get even more awkward than tehy need to be.

Most people don't know that I'm gay, and I really don't want to compromise that too much.

IMO, straight people shouldn't get to complain about relationships. Everything's like 10x easier for you. *Everything* :laugh:

InfiniteBlaze

Smash Apprentice
Oh, and what's bothering me is my grades are sucking right now. I feel like a complete loser without having good grades because It's pretty much the only thing that I am good at.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Neither have I.

Mostly because I'm afraid of rejection.
Rejection is overrated.

Just grow a pair of balls and ask, it really isn't too terrible; and if you're lucky, it might just work out for the better (like it did for me).

Don't get too many second chances these days.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I've never once in my life actively looked for a girlfriend. Opportunities just arise. Go with the flow.
Absolutely. The reason that most relationships fail is because they were looking for a relationship, and not the person that would suit them best. Hence why people experience a lot more heartbreak than they need, and often miss the person that would really fit them. Before I became a Christian I dated almost everything in sight. It was ridiculous. Since becoming a Christian I haven't dated any girl, it's been over four years, and I think I've finally found a girl I want to date with the hopes that it would mature into marriage. I've thought and prayed a lot about it, and no woman has moved my heart more than her. I'm seeing her tonight and am going to ask her to go with me to a semi-formal my church is holding for Halloween. We'd go on a real date beforehand and end going to the masquerade. Hopefully all works out. I know I'm planning months ahead, but I hope to make an official offer of my affections as of February. Until then I just want us to grow in our friendship and see where it grows. We're already good friends, but I'd really love to give it the opportunity to grow into something more. Again, we'll see.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Best of luck, Proverbs. Normally, I'd give a lot of caution to a plan like that, but you've clearly put a lot of thought into it. You must have considered the real possibility that she doesn't reciprocate the feelings you have. I've just seen a lot of what you've said about your situation around here, and I'm hoping everything works as well as it possibly can. :)

Smurfy EXE

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I have something...

I feel like a may be too skinny -___-

I'm 16...
and I weight 126...
Sad face...

My girl always makes jokes about how skinny I am...
I know she's just playing with me...
But I feel like "I" need to get a little more meat on me...

I eat alot, like...
I mean, alot!

Chicken, Beef...
All that good stuff,
I work out...

And nothing seems to happen...
Any ideas?

I don't wanna get fat...
Just wanna get some meaton my bones :D

and another thing...

My girl is on vacation right now, So I won't see her til Sunday...
I decided to be a little romantic and get her flowers... White roses, white orchids (her favorite) and some blue filler flower thing... Dolphiniums or something...

Well, anyways... We've only been going out for like... 2 1/2 weeks...
But we really like each other...
REALLY REALLY like each other...

When I got the flowers, my dad got pissed at me and said...
"WHY DO YOU NEED TO GET HER FLOWERS! SHE'S JUST TRYING TO SEE WHAT SHE CAN GET FROM YOU!"

Like he's trying to make me look at the bad in her...

So...
Should I have gotten the flowers?
She never asked for em', I did this out of my own free will...

I'm going to hang out with her on the day she gets back as well, just cause I miss her so much...

But yeah, why is my dad being a downer, and should I have gotten the flowers?
Ladies? Help me! O_O

and guys as well, lol

Chaco

Never Logs In
Okay, I have something...

I feel like a may be too skinny -___-

I'm 16...
and I weight 126...
Sad face...

My girl always makes jokes about how skinny I am...
I know she's just playing with me...
But I feel like "I" need to get a little more meat on me...

I eat alot, like...
I mean, alot!

Chicken, Beef...
All that good stuff,
I work out...

And nothing seems to happen...
Any ideas?

I don't wanna get fat...
Just wanna get some meaton my bones :D

and another thing...

My girl is on vacation right now, So I won't see her til Sunday...
I decided to be a little romantic and get her flowers... White roses, white orchids (her favorite) and some blue filler flower thing... Dolphiniums or something...

Well, anyways... We've only been going out for like... 2 1/2 weeks...
But we really like each other...
REALLY REALLY like each other...

When I got the flowers, my dad got pissed at me and said...
"WHY DO YOU NEED TO GET HER FLOWERS! SHE'S JUST TRYING TO SEE WHAT SHE CAN GET FROM YOU!"

Like he's trying to make me look at the bad in her...

So...
Should I have gotten the flowers?
She never asked for em', I did this out of my own free will...

I'm going to hang out with her on the day she gets back as well, just cause I miss her so much...

But yeah, why is my dad being a downer, and should I have gotten the flowers?
Ladies? Help me! O_O

and guys as well, lol
I'm almost 17 and I weigh less 124, and I'm also near 5'9'. Nothing to worry about. Also, just start working out our something. You'll gain weight, and look good.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
18, 115, get at me.
matters more how tall you are than how old you are...

Dude, get it. Although you should put more emphasis on really KNOWING the chick than really LIKING the chick. Anybody can make someone like them...

Overload

Smash Lord
Anyone else seeing this? There are actually as many pages to this thread as is displayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom