• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
^ I agree~! Music works a lot! I also noticed when I'm working in an outside surrounding it's a lot better for me! Sometimes I take my bike to the park and do some studying there-- mainly because a computer and Smash isn't there to distract me!

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Doh~! TT__TT I'm sorry! I guess that doesn't work.. then music may be best! Soothing areas make it easier for me too! Maybe if you were by the window, or light a candle.. just small things I do.. And get off the computer! Turn of the T.V. and stop playing Smash!

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Oh dont apologize you goose.

it's just really boring stuff and tough to get through

business law 0_o

Mewter

Smash Master
I know how to spell more correctly than my English teacher. >_>
She thought definitely was spelled "definately"...
And this was after she said it was misspelled often.

PUNK9

Smash Journeyman
@ Punk, It means she probably doesn't have an interest in him if that's the case then. That or she is a shy person? You can try and continue to talk to her about it. I think anyone who wasn't interested in another person wouldn't want to show much affection. If you really want to keep trying then keep talking to her. But if she chooses him over you then you will need to move on.

@Ladybug D: Youch! That does sound like a bad day.. there is no way to get your homework the next day or something? Maybe if you told her teachers your situation they'll let you turn it in late..!
i found one of my close friends knows the dude that shes going out with now, and turns out, he doesnt carea about anything, and taht hes a todal perv and that hes just plain a pain in the ***,
i tried showing her taht, but nothing, WHAT DO I DO???

T.T

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
@Jungle Fever Ooh~! Right.. sorry..! And Business Law? Ah!! How is it? TT__TTv I hope you manage to get through it all!
@Mewter A lot of people misspell "definitely," but we all have our tough words.. D:
@Punk What did she do when you tried to show her that? If she's not listening or disregarding everything you say then there isn't much you can do... because if she doesn't care about what you say, and you keep bugging her she may even come to turns and start to dislike you. Thinking you are just trying to break them up. If she isn't listening she may just have to learn the hard way. Are you guys absolutely sure the guy she is dating really all of that?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
It's not bad just dense stuff

I need someone to talk to today about relationship stuff, but would rather not post it here. I'll be back around 930 if anyone is willing :/

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Dude, I'd talk to you about it, but I get out at 9:30 and don't have access to a computer after that. :[

If you'd like, you could drop me a PM and I would reply asap bro.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
So, I think my calling is in entertainment. As in, the kind entertainment where everyone just can't help but laugh with glee at watching me fail and squirm.

No seriously, I just took a film exam. 20% of my total grade. I glanced over my notes and stuff the hour before the exam, and I remember my prof saying that if we showed up to class and did everything we were supposed to, we'd most likely end up with an A. Of course, that kind of plan isn't idiotproof, hence me no doubt failing that exam.

I did okay-ish on the multiple choice (76 points of 100), my terrible memory failed on me some but I took my chances with my best educated guesses. Then came the essay (24 of 100). Now, I'm terrible on pacing, so I'm sitting at the essay with about 30 minutes left. I pick the only one I feel I can comfortably talk about (contrasting and comparing Citizen Kane and Do the Right Thing, if anyone cares), and... I completely forget the names of all the characters. No, really. Aside from Kane (whose first name escaped me) and a few others, I forgot EVERYONE's names.

So yeah... and this isn't the first time this has happened either. Actually, ever since I started college my performance in classes has been going down the drain. Is procrastination a part of it? Of course. But there's also the factor that I don't really understand what I'm being taught. Even in my computer science courses (yes, I'm a fraud as a CS major as well... it'll be loltastic if anyone hires me out of college; if I'm not fired the first day I imagine my idiotic acts'll burn everything to the ground), I don't really understand everything.

Lately... it just seems that I get more... success/happiness/whatever out of being a video game playing bum (yeah, the procrastination source right there) than I get out of doing something right on homework or whatever.

And my friends and family aren't all that great motivators. My friends don't seem to care too much ("good luck" or "that sucks" or random pointless comments along those lines), nor do my parents ("As long as you're trying your best").

I dunno. I can't quit or drop classes now, so I guess I might as well just grab some popcorn like everyone else and see where I drop the ball next. Speaking of which... I got my second exam today in graphics in about 3 hours. Oh joy.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
i was jus tlike that last year. Now, instead of at uni wiht friends, im at home going to CC because I almost failed out, so my parents too me out.

What I'm trying to say is buck up. Do it for yourself. If no one is going to be a good motivator then be your own. Success in your own life should be your motivator. If you keep knocking yourself you're only going to keep doing worse and worse until you put yourself on a path you can't come back from. Stop thinking its okay to make fun of yourself and see your failure as entertainment, because you're going to hate yourself fo ri tlater. Have pride in yourself, believe in yourself.

garr gold shadow you ninja.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Man. I have 5 minutes to finish a two paper journal, and I am on my second sentance. :/ Thats what is bothering me.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
How far in advance do you start studying for your exam(s)?
I'll answer this before I go (back-to-back classes ftl).

It varies based on my confidence in the material and obviously the time available. I approach homework and such one task at a time, meaning that if I'm still finishing up something with an exam the next day, I'll generally stick to finishing the homework, THEN worry about the exam.

Yes, I realize that what I work I put into something is what I get back.

And junglefever, the funny thing is... I'll have moments where I'll focus on getting as much done as I can, sometimes coming out ahead in certain classes. And then there's moments like today where... I'm struggling to keep up. I'm not really consistent.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Nintendo, you just gotta keep at it. Even if you're having a bad day you just gotta keep working.

Overload

Smash Lord
My girlfriend and I feel that we've rushed into a relationship without knowing each other well enough first, and she wants us to feel more comfortable around each other as friends before being in a serious relationship. She wants to see and talk to me just as often, but just as friends for now. I told her I'd be willing to give it another shot after we get to know each other a little better if she was. We saw each other every day in school during my sophomore year. She was home-schooled during her junior year because she was pretty sick, and during her senior year she was only there for the first three classes. Needless to say, there was a long period of time where we didn't really see each other much, which is why I can understand how things seemed rushed. I'm honestly not sure what to feel right now. On the verge of tears, but completely understand how necessary this is.

PUNK9

Smash Journeyman
My girlfriend and I feel that we've rushed into a relationship without knowing each other well enough first. She wants to see and talk to me as much as we are now. I told her I'd be willing to give it another shot after we get to know each other a little better if she was. We saw each other every day in school during my sophomore year. She was home-schooled during her junior year because she was pretty sick, and during her senior year she was only there for the first three classes. Needless to say, there was a long period of time where we didn't really see each other much, which is why I can understand how things seemed rushed. I'm honestly not sure what to feel right now. On the verge of tears, but completely understand how necessary this is.
i have the same problem,
well HAD.
kinda ended badly,,,,
anyway, just talk on the phone like as much as possible, try to get your mind off of her.
i know its hard believe me i know,
but it helps.
if you really want to see her
do want i did,
i walked to her house.
It was a good 6 mile walk too.
Now if you truly love her,
Do WHATEVER IS NESSARY to see her.
I wish i did that.
i reallly wish i did,
dont make the same mistake i did...

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I dunno if that's what you would call rushed. It just seemed like circumstances beyond your control came up. It's a tough situation, and you have to decide if shes worth it or not.

Overload

Smash Lord
There's no question in my mind whether or not she's worth it. She is. I think it was kind of rushed. I mean we literally hadn't talked for more than a minute over a span of two years, and all of a sudden we jumped into a relationship when we first saw each other again.

PUNK9

Smash Journeyman
Just walk to her house.
Do WHATEVER YOU CAN
too see her.
Just keep telling yourself
Shes worth it
shes worth it
i hope it works out for you..

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Indeed, make the effort to spend quality time so you can get to know her.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
...well, now part two of my story begins. My graphics exam was... well, not half that bad. I didn't finish entirely, but I'm confident enough in what I did finish to say that I got at least... 50/60 points? Maybe?

SO, that works out to... 83.3. =/

I'm starting to think that today was just a matter of subject matter or something. As much as I enjoy watching movies, I don't really lean toward being a film critic.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
This forum's non-existent aptitude for innuendo :/
check my recent post, you'll see what I'm talking about.
Get perverted you guys, you'll earn a free salad and bread sticks if you do.

PUNK9

Smash Journeyman
Tell me more about your problems, my good friend.
gf prolems,
she bascily left me for someone eles,
and we wehnt out for like 6 months,
and its like i dont even matter anymore
and i told her,,
and she gets mad at me wtf?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
gf prolems,
she bascily left me for someone eles,
and we wehnt out for like 6 months,
and its like i dont even matter anymore
and i told her,,
and she gets mad at me wtf?
You must understand something.
If she found someone else, she would have found someone else at a more inconvenient time. Imagine if it had gone farther, you would have been invested in her, and would have been in a much worse situation. I know you still love her, and breaking up is never easy, but don't look back and regret anything, because how it ended up after 6 months, it would have happened eventually, most likely at a worse time for you, say when you both are married and have kids. I know its hard to hear, but its for the better, really. Clearly she doesn't truly care about you, other wise she wouldn't disregard you as she does.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
but she told me she still likes me,,,,
this is way to ****ing confusing DX
One word:

b******

haha, how old are you? and how long did you know this chick before you hooked up?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
but she told me she still likes me,,,,
this is way to ****ing confusing DX
Even if she did say that, clearly she doesn't enough, if she did, she wouldn't be so unsure of herself. This will never change throughout your relationship with her. It really is time to move on sadly.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Longer threads tend to do that. A few have multiple secret pages, like the tier list discussions. Or at least they used to. Dunno if anything ever changed.

@Punk9: If she really still liked you and wanted to be with you, then she wouldn't be with another guy. She's just not that into you anymore. You've made it quite clear to her that you would be willing to make it work if she had any doubts about you two going to different schools. If she's not willing to make it work, you aren't important enough to her. It's hard to hear, I know, but it's the truth. She may even think she still likes you, but it's not love. Just give it time and distance. You will get over her, you will move on, and you will eventually meet another, better girl. If you're meant to love, you'll find her someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom